• Dota 2 General Chat XXIX & The International 2015 Discussion, Live Updates, & Hype
    5,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Yahnich;48373970]this lady bloodseeker is actually pretty suave in front of a camera[/QUOTE] That was....very clearly Beast Master...come on dude
There is literally no reason this isn't LAN. They could stream video through dotaTV through some new additions and changes to accomodate for such, naturally all non-dotaTV streams would work just like they do currently.
aren't other LAN events viewable through dotaTV too? im p sure you can buy tickets for basically every tournament right, lan or not
Well, all tournaments within the last year or year and a half since Valve removed all of the older tournaments from the store a while back.
Returns to the booth
[QUOTE=Yahnich;48374025]aren't other LAN events viewable through dotaTV too? im p sure you can buy tickets for basically every tournament right, lan or not[/QUOTE] Aren't those VoDs? I don't think you can watch LAN live through dotaTV. At least it doesn't make sense for that to be possible without Valve making some changes.
TIC TAC TOE BOYS
Game is finally back on!
25 min game Edit: I was gonna watch EG stomp Col, watch Secret, bet some rares, win some rares, see how Phoenix does against Empire, go to sleep maybe 2 AM, watch VoDs of Cloud 9, but instead it looks like the first series won't end until 2 AM.
-nvm-
I feel bad for complexity their early game was pretty great those pauses really fucked up their pace.
[QUOTE=Acti;48374175]I feel bad for complexity their early game was pretty great those pauses really fucked up their pace.[/QUOTE] The pauses didn't really affect the game that much, they lost their easy window before the first pause that lasted more than 10 seconds. They could have won of course at that point, but with some difficulty, and then after the first long pause they failed hard on a highground push, they could still win from there, with much difficulty, and then after the second long pause it was pretty much already gg no re, before the game was unpaused. [editline]4th August 2015[/editline] It sucks they had to wait so fucking long just to enter a pretty much unwinnable game though
Fear ends the game with 420 last hits. Just so you know Also that first match took a solid three hours with pause time.
Havent played dota in about 7 months, why is tusk so strong in the current meta? I dont remember ever seeing him picked competitively. [editline]4th August 2015[/editline] Actually can someone give me a quick rundown of the current meta?
[QUOTE=cathal6606;48374290]Havent played dota in about 7 months, why is tusk so strong in the current meta? I dont remember ever seeing him picked competitively. [editline]4th August 2015[/editline] Actually can someone give me a quick rundown of the current meta?[/QUOTE] earthshaker like block, able to bring slower heroes with him in a fast fuckin snowball (snowball always goes 675 speed which is an upgrade from roughly 1.5x tusk's speed to 2x tusk's speed without being able to be slowed-and ofc his scaling physical nuke that compares roughly to lion/lina ult earlygame in terms of damage (later on mostly used for the slow unless it's a semicarry offlane tusk), this all combined with mana cost buffs to his spells meaning he can spam his spells more and have more impact in fights [editline]4th August 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=cathal6606;48374290] Actually can someone give me a quick rundown of the current meta?[/QUOTE] i'm not sure how to describe it, i guess it's mostly a teamfight focused meta where you take a good fight and then take a tower, compared to the old rat splitpush metas and straight up deathball push metas
[QUOTE=cathal6606;48374290]Havent played dota in about 7 months, why is tusk so strong in the current meta? I dont remember ever seeing him picked competitively. [editline]4th August 2015[/editline] Actually can someone give me a quick rundown of the current meta?[/QUOTE] All of Tuskarr's skills used to be shit, and all of them got buffed. Now he's good. He has a positionally screwing skill, and snowball is just so good, and BKB piercing stun, and ice sigil.
complexity is my favorite team and then they pick timbersaw wtf guys i love you
Can anyone show what you needed to type in the item name/description to change the colors or font or such? I forgot how it worked and I also dunno how the color coding works there.
Oh boy, my fetish, Timbersaw. I've missed that hero so much. TI5 best TI.
"Sven and Dazzle has been paired 7 times this patch 7 losses" That's a nice statistic.
SumaiL hitting the chains. What a stomp by EG.
What the fuck is sumail doing (this is how cloud 9 loses games) Good for him EG is opa. [img]http://i.imgur.com/Q6LI5qr.png[/img]
Also I'm almost positive you have to watch in-game. I've watched all of these matches, so I guess I got to AFK/watch the replays.
[QUOTE=Destroyox;48374803]Also I'm almost positive you have to watch in-game. I've watched all of these matches, so I guess I got to AFK/watch the replays.[/QUOTE] you can dl one replay, open it and once it fully loads you can quit and reload, at least it worked last year but i dont see any reason for valve to patch that out
Something that still blows my fucking mind are people at 2k hours in that don't understand the point of Armlet. Had a Slardar that was running from a fucking MoM Sven, I kept saying "toggle armlet, toggle armlet," he didn't. He just left it on the whole time and then shouted "I FUCKING HAD IT TURNED ON, SHUT UP!" I really am so tired of people not understanding the mechanics of the heroes and items that they purchase. The same game had a Tiny that refused to purchase an Aghanims even though it is the only 100% needed item on the hero. Kill me :suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide: [url]http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1686850047[/url]
You're playing during TI. Literally asking for it.
[QUOTE=Ca5bah;48374853]The same game had a Tiny that refused to purchase an Aghanims even though it is the only 100% needed item on the hero. Kill me :suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide: [url]http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1686850047[/url][/QUOTE] to be fair people (at least people who are trying to become better) should mess around with item builds? how will you ever learn if you don't sometimes experiment and try new builds? i've played tiny with aghs, without aghs, ive tried full attackspeed tiny with butterfly ac mjollnir, ive tried super tank tony, ive tried ganking dagon tony and messing around like that helps me understand the hero better and what he needs the only thing your tiny did was not farm fast enough imo, the mkb was most definitely needed considering tiny's low attackspeed which means every hit matters when met with evasion
lets go RTZ!!!
[QUOTE=Yahnich;48374901]to be fair people (at least people who are trying to become better) should mess around with item builds? how will you ever learn if you don't sometimes experiment and try new builds? i've played tiny with aghs, without aghs, ive tried full attackspeed tiny with butterfly ac mjollnir, ive tried super tank tony, ive tried ganking dagon tony and messing around like that helps me understand the hero better and what he needs the only thing your tiny did was not farm fast enough imo, the mkb was most definitely needed considering tiny's low attackspeed which means every hit matters when met with evasion[/QUOTE] It was ranked. IF you're going to fuck with item builds in ranked you should uninstall DotA.
[QUOTE=Yahnich;48374901]to be fair people (at least people who are trying to become better) should mess around with item builds? how will you ever learn if you don't sometimes experiment and try new builds? i've played tiny with aghs, without aghs, ive tried full attackspeed tiny with butterfly ac mjollnir, ive tried super tank tony, ive tried ganking dagon tony and messing around like that helps me understand the hero better and what he needs the only thing your tiny did was not farm fast enough imo, the mkb was most definitely needed considering tiny's low attackspeed which means every hit matters when met with evasion[/QUOTE] Scepter is a good farming item on Tiny though, MKB on its own doesn't really help him at all, so might as well delay it. [editline]5th August 2015[/editline] [QUOTE=Ca5bah;48374916]It was ranked. IF you're going to fuck with item builds in ranked you should uninstall DotA.[/QUOTE] uh
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.