• Fast Anime
    10,000 replies, posted
So I'm just gonna put Iron Man on my drop list, it's been over two years since I put it on hold
[QUOTE=dgg;35849308]Doubt it. Also that's good, because that means it wasn't your kind of show. Have you watched GTO? because the two first episodes made me drop it (I didn't have a policy to finish what I began then) when I first watched it. 2 years later I decided to pick it up again and I still wanted to drop it because of the 2 first episodes, but thanks to my policy and experience that you can't truly judge a show before you've seen 3 episodes, I kept watching and it was fucking awesome and I gave it a 9/10.[/QUOTE] I do watch GTO. It is on hold, but i never even though about dropping it. So far i would give it 8 or 9.
GTO was one of my first aniems, was pretty fun, my brother made me watch it. Also said brother thinks I should watch Katekyo Hitman Reborn, y/n?
[QUOTE=creec;35848016]Maybe i'm just not so young anymore as to be turned on by superpower shonen game battles. Unlike you, Kidd and HeroicPillow.[/QUOTE] Well, i'm 21 and still occasionally watch shows that centralize around fight scenes simply because they're so over-the-top ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with age, but rather how you view entertainment and what you look for within it. I find myself enjoying nearly every series I watch because if it's not inherently enjoyable right away, i'll be able to laugh at it and enjoy myself thinking how absolutely terrible the show is. Although it doesn't work for every series as I have dropped 3 shows so far. As far as accel world goes, if you don't like a story about how someone gets introduced to a program that can essentially slow down time whenever they want, but requires the user to partake in a multitude of battles in order to keep the program installed, then I guess it's not a show for you. Originally, I was going to temporarily drop it until it got halfway through the series, but then I remembered that 8thsin was making a [URL="http://8ths.in/accel-world-ep1-welcome-to-the-accel-world"]translation blog for the series[/URL]. It's fun to see how the translator interprets a particular show as they typically have to take a lot longer to get through it the first time, and in this particular instance it helped me see things I didn't think of when I had first watched it. Apparently the story will pick up even more past the 7th episode, but until then i'm enjoying the series as is. I'm not sure why anyone here even cares what you watch or if you don't enjoy something. "Oh god someone's opinion is [I]wrong[/I]"
[QUOTE=creec;35848016]Maybe i'm just not so young anymore as to be turned on by superpower shonen game battles. Unlike you, Kidd and HeroicPillow.[/QUOTE] I am almost 20 and I don't like it just because it's a "superpower shonen" anime, I like it because it's good.
[QUOTE=Die_Hard;35849382]So I'm just gonna put Iron Man on my drop list, it's been over two years since I put it on hold[/QUOTE] [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3655193/Anime%20relatert/Toany-stark.jpg[/img] Toany Starku is pleased. [QUOTE=HeroicPillow;35849875]I'm not sure why anyone here even cares what you watch or if you don't enjoy something. "Oh god someone's opinion is [I]wrong[/I]"[/QUOTE] This is a forum. Do you know what forums are for? Yeah that's right. Discussing things, sharing opinions, talking to others, sharing differences.
what are opinions?
[QUOTE=linksysruler;35843879]Happy Cirno de Mayo! [img]http://puu.sh/tbtg[/img][/QUOTE] that's not anime at all [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZC-j48JWg[/media]
[QUOTE=dgg;35849980][img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3655193/Anime%20relatert/Toany-stark.jpg[/img] Toany Starku is pleased. [/QUOTE] It's one of those thing I can't bring myself to pick it up again, hell Kill Me Baby was more entertaining then it
ahahahaha all you guys have anime avatars no wonder you're all a bunch of rainbows [editline]May 8 2012[/editline] wait a second Anyway, on to relevant discussion: Paranoia Agent. Worth watching?
[QUOTE=LiquidNazgul;35850282]ahahahaha all you guys have anime avatars no wonder you're all a bunch of rainbows [editline]May 8 2012[/editline] wait a second Anyway, on to relevant discussion: Paranoia Agent. Worth watching?[/QUOTE] In my opinion, yes.
[QUOTE=LiquidNazgul;35850282]ahahahaha all you guys have anime avatars no wonder you're all a bunch of rainbows [editline]May 8 2012[/editline] wait a second Anyway, on to relevant discussion: Paranoia Agent. Worth watching?[/QUOTE] Yes [video=youtube;jCu8ZqgWHEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCu8ZqgWHEY[/video]
[QUOTE=LiquidNazgul;35850282]ahahahaha all you guys have anime avatars no wonder you're all a bunch of rainbows [editline]May 8 2012[/editline] wait a second Anyway, on to relevant discussion: Paranoia Agent. Worth watching?[/QUOTE] How does my avatar look anime? And yes definitely.
[QUOTE=creec;35850326]How does my avatar look anime? And yes definitely.[/QUOTE] If you can look closely you can see Ichigo discussing macroeconomics with a Hollow. Kind of. Yeah I love the opening song, I'm wondering if I should keep telling myself throughout the whole series "don't get attached to the characters they will all die/go insane". If an anime's good enough I tend to do that. And then they meet a horrible fate. DAMNIT SOUSUKE YOU COULDN'T SAVE HER SHE WAS RIGHT THERE DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU
[QUOTE=LiquidNazgul;35850365]If you can look closely you can see Ichigo discussing macroeconomics with a Hollow. Kind of. Yeah I love the opening song, I'm wondering if I should keep telling myself throughout the whole series "don't get attached to the characters they will all die/go insane". If an anime's good enough I tend to do that. And then they meet a horrible fate. DAMNIT SOUSUKE YOU COULDN'T SAVE HER SHE WAS RIGHT THERE DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU[/QUOTE] What's an ichigo isn't that a strawberry
[QUOTE=iLife_Aftermath;35850377]What's an ichigo isn't that a strawberry[/QUOTE] Sort of. They're an orange fruit found in the Congo jungle. Known to burst into flames if you open them wrong.
[QUOTE=LiquidNazgul;35850282]ahahahaha all you guys have anime avatars no wonder you're all a bunch of rainbows [editline]May 8 2012[/editline] wait a second Anyway, on to relevant discussion: Paranoia Agent. Worth watching?[/QUOTE] my avatar is the best anime
[QUOTE=dgg;35849980] This is a forum. Do you know what forums are for? Yeah that's right. Discussing things, sharing opinions, talking to others, sharing differences.[/QUOTE] I always held the belief that forums were primarily there to debate topics with other people in order to enlighten yourself and others on topics you feel are important, and all of the things you started are certainly parts of debating. So I agree, forums are definitely structured to nurture those fundamental aspects of conversation. However, simply stating [url=http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=35841531#post35841531]"I disagree"[/url] without any further points to back up your claim isn't that great of an argument. Instead of informing him of all the reasons you like the show, and why he should continue to watch it, you decided to show hostility and belittle his opinion without trying to understand why he thought that way, effectively sullying any further conversation on the subject (and bringing it down into some form of hate-spiral). Although I shouldn't expect much more than that, seeing as the only place this thread exists is in fast threads. I guess my original statement was a little misleading. Opinions do matter, and it's great to have differing opinions to compare your opinion to. But in the end, entertainment (as a whole) is an incredibly subjective medium. If your initial reaction to a particular work is that it's terrible, and no matter how many other people tell you it's amazing, it's still going to be terrible in your eyes. But if you're open-minded, even if you still think the entire thing is terrible, chances are you might be able to appreciate minor aspects of that work that other people have pointed out to you.
I've already written several posts about why Accel World is good, before I told him that his taste is shit. Also there is something called not taking things too seriously.
[QUOTE=dgg;35850465][B]I've already written several posts about why Accel World is good, before I told him that his taste is shit.[/B] Also there is something called not taking things too seriously.[/QUOTE] Actually this is your first reply: [QUOTE=dgg;35841531]Your taste buds = shit. [editline]hello[/editline] I always enjoy seeing all the lurkers or relatively-new people always reacting at these kind of statments (and often following with the same old "opinions" "people are different" and so on).[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=LiquidNazgul;35850282]ahahahaha all you guys have anime avatars no wonder you're all a bunch of rainbows[/QUOTE] it's not gay unless the balls touch
[QUOTE=Kidd;35849349]Usually I'll watch an anime if it can make me laugh or suck me into the action. I need to give Toradora a 2nd chance and at least watch up to episode 3.[/QUOTE] unless a show is truly shit you should be watching to at least episode 3 anyway
[QUOTE=creec;35850550]Actually this is your first reply:[/QUOTE] [B]Before I told him that his taste is shit.[/B] What I mean is before he even brought up Accel World.
[QUOTE=creec;35850550]Actually this is your first reply:[/QUOTE] And you stopped watching an anime because of the plot after the first episode, good job. It's the same as not reading a book further then the first chapter.
[QUOTE=FalconKrunch;35850626]And you stopped watching an anime because of the plot after the first episode, good job. It's the same as not reading a book further then the first chapter.[/QUOTE] Not because of plot, but because of elements it has and the way it was brought up. [editline]6th May 2012[/editline] And i didn't drop it completely yet, because i hate to be told: "fuck you tard you dropped it after only watching 1 episode". I will watch 2 more episodes some day and some age.
[QUOTE=KStyleAzure;35474075][b]Accel World[/b] Hits that shonen vibe that I so desire, plus it's about video games so that's like double points for me. Nice visuals and it has an unconventional Main Character (at least appearance wise, not so much personality) so that's pretty cool. Of course it also has a bunch of the standard cliches but whatever. Probably going to be mediocre later on, but I like it so far. First episode felt kind of rushed but that's not too many points off. (I liked how the MMO world actually had MMO style music always playing.)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=dgg;35532045]Holy shit. The first episode for Accel World was actually pretty fucking good. It had TONS of content, animation and just superb quality. The main character is a loveable lump of meat, a bit typical angsty and shit, but it fits him much more given that he is a fat short guy that is bullied. I love the art and the style, they use some good exaggeration, using animation the way it should be, to make impossible things possible. It was just really really good. Can't wait to see how this goes.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=linksysruler;35660718][QUOTE=dgg;35657993][QUOTE=KStyleAzure;35657754]So Accel World is actually pretty amazing. If I had to say how, I'd say the show's a lot smarter than it looks. It took 3 episodes to approach subject matters that would take other shows like 12 episodes to touch on, and it seems fairly well implemented. Almost reminds me of TWGOK in that regard.[/QUOTE] Yeah, you'd never see conversations like those in episode 3 before long into any other kind of show.[/QUOTE] Though I have to say, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the fight scene in episode 2. [sp]When he started dragging his feet along the ground. I expected him to jab his now super-heated foot directly into the gas tank causing it to explode. So I feel like simply lifting the bike when he had previously just kicked Ash Roller off as disappointing.[/sp][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=HeroicPillow;35741511][QUOTE=FalconKrunch;35741156]Accel world starts getting better and better.[/QUOTE] (ep4 spoilers) Haru is annoying, and i'm actually glad that [sp]kurohime slapped him[/sp], but the whole [sp]car scene was pretty terrible in my opinion. "I Love you because you beat me at video games and because you're so pathetic". "Now let me shove you out of the way of this car and get myself nearly killed instead of throwing myself out of the way as well"[/sp]. I like the whole premise of acceleration matches, and i'm glad that that next episode should show another one. It's really the only thing I look forward to in this show.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=dgg;35743181]Haha, holy shit. Accel World just keeps getting better and better. It really cuts down on the bullshit and goes straight to business. Fucking love it. [sp]Just sucks that it was so obvious that it was Taku already on the second episode[/sp][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=KStyleAzure;35749303]Wow, even though the climax to this episode of Accel World was completely obvious, it still felt like a dramatic moment. Awesome. [editline]28th April 2012[/editline] And fighting episode next? Awesome![/QUOTE] [QUOTE=thelinx;35776400][QUOTE=KStyleAzure;35776185]Shonen show that does not pull any punches and is currently taking cliches at face value: [B]Accel World[/B][/QUOTE] don't forget a well-thought out story, plot, goal sans bullshit[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=dgg;35850465]I've already written several posts about why Accel World is good, before I told him that his taste is shit. Also there is something called not taking things too seriously.[/QUOTE] I think I recall you making a few posts earlier in the thread about it, and maybe you could've linked to those in your first post as creec may not have originally read those posts. At least then your post wouldn't have been so hostile, and might've actually helped him. When discussing various topics with strangers I prefer to take conversations a little more seriously, as they'll generally be a little more honest about how they view the subject compared to close friends (at least friends that aren't 100% honest at all times). If I want a light-hearted conversation about how funny something is, i'll generally ask someone i'm already close to rather than a stranger. That's how I view it at least.
[QUOTE=PauliuzzzLT;35844794]Source for the wallpaper?[/QUOTE] [url]http://k44.kn3.net/taringa/4/9/2/9/9/6/6/crazydeivid/721.jpg?6022[/url]
[QUOTE=Kirad;35850798][URL]http://k44.kn3.net/taringa/4/9/2/9/9/6/6/crazydeivid/721.jpg?6022[/URL][/QUOTE] remove the ?6022 at the end: (otherwise it gives a forbidden error) [URL]http://k44.kn3.net/taringa/4/9/2/9/9/6/6/crazydeivid/721.jpg[/URL]
It gives a forbidden error either way, however.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.