• Fast Anime
    5,006 replies, posted
[QUOTE=DormitoryRapier;53046996]should i read berserk or watch the 97 anime? i really don't feel the flow of manga (reading jojo was an absolute pain sometimes despite the really good material and it really threw me off) and i don't want to force myself to do it but everyone says the anime is so-so and the manga is godlike[/QUOTE] readreadreadread However it will take a while to get into Berserk. It took me about 150 chapters to really get into. But Miuras art is fantastic and the way it evolves (as it evolves for other mangaka over the years) is very interesting to see as well.
re: berserk, i watched the films first and fell in love with it. then i watched the 97 anime and loved it even more than the films. then i read all the manga and obviously loved that the best. idk why it would take you 150 chapters, it's immediately great
[QUOTE=Rusty100;53049423] idk why it would take you 150 chapters, it's immediately great[/QUOTE] Story, lore, characters, atmosphere. Took me a while to get used to it and then to fall in love with it and there also was a big flashback in the beginning.
i'd argue the golden age if that's what you mean is the most coherent and traditional (and heartbreaking) narrative of the series and is a great way to start the series
Yeah, I think that's the one. I'm more used to flashbacks that happen later in a series, rather than being thrown into one right at the beginning. But that's just a personal preference. I like it when a story moves forward and a flashback is more of a re-telling where the present time is unaffected for the duration of it. It was pretty good though. I also had trouble with JoJo just like Rapier, because the style, characters and such are so unusual for me. Berserk was more into my personal direction (fantasy) but it was still very unusual because it was the first dark fantasy comic series that I read.
[QUOTE=Rusty100;53049423]re: berserk, i watched the films first and fell in love with it. then i watched the 97 anime and loved it even more than the films. then i read all the manga and obviously loved that the best. idk why it would take you 150 chapters, it's immediately great[/QUOTE] I think it took me until Guts' first sad face in the manga to get absolutely sucked into it. Before that it was cool and good enough to certainly keep going, but that one panel completely changed the show for me, as I feel like it's meant to. Guts goes from a really angry man who's clearly a lot kinder than he lets on to a broken man I really wanted to see win, all in just one panel.
DARLING in the FRANXX was... not good. half the episode is wasted on the most hamfisted, stupid, pointless allegory for gender and sex, then the other half is just evangelion but worse. The animation was fine in the action scenes, but everything around it was so bland and unappealing, especially the cookie cutter characters.
Little late on the train here, but finally getting around to watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable. Yup. Shit's just as weird as when he was fighting some vampire ass-hole.
Another Saturday, Another Pop Team Epic episode. Man i don't know how long they'll keep the VA swapping slick for because i'm actually getting upset. Aside from that the jokes hit home a fair bit better for me than the first episode. I'm optimistic for DITFX but i haven't watched it just yet, waiting till i can feast on something.
[t]https://i.imgur.com/6CgBe3d.png[/t]
[QUOTE=Rahkshi lord;53049746]DARLING in the FRANXX was... not good. half the episode is wasted on the most hamfisted, stupid, pointless allegory for gender and sex, then the other half is just evangelion but worse. The animation was fine in the action scenes, but everything around it was so bland and unappealing, especially the cookie cutter characters.[/QUOTE] Feeling mostly the same but I think the action was top notch shit. Everybody but the quirky poster girl, [sp]unsurprisingly a monster hybrid[/sp], is bland as fuck so far or a walking cliche. About as I expected really.
trying to remember the name of an old series, guy gets woken up in the future the world has been taken over by aliens, end up joining a group trying to kill them using exoskeleton style mech suits. has the typical hes a little bitch boy and has a crush on the woman who rescued him storyline its old pretty sure its not even 16:9, the alien design is zerg with a bit of geiger
Rip merge Oh and the protagonist guy is literally factory made, I swear there are four dudes just like him this season alone.
[QUOTE=waylander;53050231]trying to remember the name of an old series, guy gets woken up in the future the world has been taken over by aliens, end up joining a group trying to kill them using exoskeleton style mech suits. has the typical hes a little bitch boy and has a crush on the woman who rescued him storyline its old pretty sure its not even 16:9, the alien design is zerg with a bit of geiger[/QUOTE] Blue Gender?
darling in the franxx has the unfortunate fate of being in the same season as pop team epic, which has raised the bar far beyond what any normal production can accomplish
[QUOTE=megafat;53050263]Blue Gender?[/QUOTE] Yeh, thanks
In more positive news: Mahoutsukai no Yome made me cry today, amazing episode. If you somehow missed it last season you'd better start before it ends, for I will hunt down everybody who didn't with my blu-ray set and force them to experience it.
I'm here for the balls hype action and FRANXX is great to me so far I can't believe it's just sexy Pacific Rim
[QUOTE=DaCommie1;53049983][t]https://i.imgur.com/6CgBe3d.png[/t][/QUOTE] Context?
[QUOTE=Damjen;53050412]In more positive news: Mahoutsukai no Yome made me cry today, amazing episode. If you somehow missed it last season you'd better start before it ends, for I will hunt down everybody who didn't with my blu-ray set and force them to experience it.[/QUOTE] [sp]I didn't find it that effective personally, we'd only met that guy briefly in one episode before and he wasn't really the focus back then anyway. I'm not going to hold that against it though, considering how damn good it is overall.[/sp]
koi wa ameagari no you ni is so cute ahhhhhh
[QUOTE=K4ZMA;53050456]I'm here for the balls hype action and FRANXX is great to me so far I can't believe it's just sexy Pacific Rim[/QUOTE] If it keeps with the action and doesn't try to have a terribly deep story or anything it should be fun.
[QUOTE=Moreto;53050543]If it keeps with the action and doesn't try to have a terribly deep story or anything it should be fun.[/QUOTE] It's 24 episodes Trigger show, get that bottle out we gonna get smashed together.
[QUOTE=Damjen;53050557]It's 24 episodes Trigger show, get that bottle out we gonna get smashed together.[/QUOTE] Kaha that's why I was gonna skip it originally, but everyone here was talking about it so much I figured I should try it at least.
[QUOTE=Damjen;53050557]It's 24 episodes Trigger show, get that bottle out we gonna get smashed together.[/QUOTE] It's a a-1 pictures and trigger show. Trigger didn't make it themselves.
Yeah the second half just screamed Old Gainax-Trigger. Good shit. Although the first part did help in putting up a feeling. I hope things only progress from here and doesn't delve into complete melodrama (like kiznaiver) for too long because DITFX might be a fucking ride if it only goes up.
[QUOTE=Niney;53050631]It's a a-1 pictures and trigger show. Trigger didn't make it themselves.[/QUOTE] Only a-1 was credited with this episode
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.