• Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Dr. Strangelove
    4,234 replies, posted
Bucky looking good with that vibranium arm
[QUOTE=Butthurter;53184188]the black pantsher is seriously packing[/QUOTE]
JJ S2 is out now
im not gay but i would totally give cap a cuddle
A look at the Thanos Quest armor. [t]https://i.imgur.com/FNUzWj3.jpg[/t]
So a fusion between extremis and zone of the enders :thinking:
JJ S2 spoilers but jesus christ Netflix/Ike, give a little budget. Linked in case you don't want spoiled [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNh6kOqu3A[/url]
[QUOTE=Steel & Iron;53186261]A look at the Thanos Quest armor. [t]https://i.imgur.com/FNUzWj3.jpg[/t][/QUOTE] Looks cool as fuck. Pumped to see what he is able to do with those additions.
[QUOTE=Butthurter;53184188]de bleck pentha is seriously packing[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Steel & Iron;53186261]A look at the Thanos Quest armor. [t]https://i.imgur.com/FNUzWj3.jpg[/t][/QUOTE] Is he wearing Blue Beetle's armour from Injustice 2?
[URL="https://i.redd.it/n8vukgj4ckk01.jpg"]New shot of Thanos using the gauntlet (linked just in case for spoilers)[/URL] [Sp]“What do you do with the mad that you feel? If you’re Thanos, you use the purple and blue Infinity Stones to rip a moon out of orbit and hurl it against the ground like a dinner plate. Marvel tells EW this shot is on Titan, the ruined home world of Thanos.”[/Sp]
So how is s2 of Jessica jones? Is it worth watching or?
Aside from the whizzer scene (jfc that was bad) it's been slightly better than the last one; there's less soap opera (it's still a soap opera, don't kid yourself) there's only a couple of moments so far where characters do inexplicable/dumb shit just for drama or to mulligan a thing unlike last season where there was at least one (or more) per episode. Hogarth actually uses her face muscles, super fucking creepy lemme tell you, best VFX I've ever seen, but I'm only halfway through so hopefully they don't derail or start cramming random ass shit in there like last time.
Plenty of sex scenes that's for sure
To be honest I'm not going to watch the second season of Jessica Jones because, among other things, by the looks of it nothing has progressed [I]forward[/I], especially considering the climax and the protagonist's supposed character development from the last season. Like, Jessica is still an abrasive bitch towards whom is incredibly hard to feel any kind of sympathy. And, as far as I know, [sp]they brought back Killgrave, basically erasing the main point of the last season's finale[/sp]. This is however a problem I have with all Marvel-Netflix TV series. In the first season of Daredevil for instance a great amount of time is spent about Ekeltra's character development, culminating in [sp]an heroic sacrifice[/sp]. In Defenders however, as soon as [sp]she's brought back to life[/sp], she immediately [sp]becomes a villain again and takes control of the Hand[/sp]. Well that was pointless
Marvel Netflix lost me when Iron Fist and Defenders received bad/lukewarm reviews and I honestly don't know if I'll ever want to get back into it.
[QUOTE=redBadger;53188823]Plenty of sex scenes that's for sure[/QUOTE] I hate those, they add nothing to the story and are just cringy I swear the only reason they're there is to just make them more edgy and different from the rest of the marvel media.
welp. The second half of JJ is definitely better than the first, and this one wanders straight into Punisher territory very, very quickly after the midpoint. As for plenty of sex, A this is Marvel Urban and sex has always been part of the framework so if snogging gets in the way of your capeshit, well prepare to be sad face and B there's four sex scenes comprising about 5 minutes out of 14 hours of programming, so yeah all that sex fucking up your plot and mood and stuff... oh wait this is JJ, based on arcs that starts and ends with sex... hm. Overall this is a distinct improvement from S1, which is just as much due to moving away from Bendis "object lesson in self insertion and virtue signaling" storylines as it is from having a more nuanced writing and directing staff, and there is no TELENOVELLA muddled middle drama ball of the first season. There's three storylines, those storylines are stuck to and resolved inasmuch as you'd expect from a continuing series, and frankly after Iron Fist's and JJ1's mishmashed mess of counter-twining plots, that's a good thing. That said JJ is not a nice person, so if you're expecting some turnaround in that department, you're watching the wrong series. 7/10
[QUOTE=EliaMoroes;53188828]To be honest I'm not going to watch the second season of Jessica Jones because, among other things, by the looks of it nothing has progressed [I]forward[/I], especially considering the climax and the protagonist's supposed character development from the last season. Like, Jessica is still an abrasive bitch towards whom is incredibly hard to feel any kind of sympathy. And, as far as I know, [sp]they brought back Killgrave, basically erasing the main point of the last season's finale[/sp]. This is however a problem I have with all Marvel-Netflix TV series. In the first season of Daredevil for instance a great amount of time is spent about Ekeltra's character development, culminating in [sp]an heroic sacrifice[/sp]. In Defenders however, as soon as [sp]she's brought back to life[/sp], she immediately [sp]becomes a villain again and takes control of the Hand[/sp]. Well that was pointless[/QUOTE] Im primarily interested in Daredevil, its by far been the most consistent in quality and the strongest of the shows, and even in Defenders Daredevil himself was easily the best part. [sp]They better go full Born Again and use Nuke to fucking level a small neighborhood[/sp]
So, Episode 100. Did you guys like it? I liked PARTS of it. The revelation about Deke was something I could have gone without.
[QUOTE=Ridge;53191276]So, Episode 100. Did you guys like it? I liked PARTS of it. The revelation about Deke was something I could have gone without.[/QUOTE] It was fun in my opinion.[sp]Shame About Dethlock not sticking around but i have hope , just a tiny hope that Coulson might go cyborg:<[/sp]
I liked it. [sp]Can't say I'm surprised about the whole thing with Deke tbh[/sp]
welp New Mutants has been pushed back 10 months and an entire character is apparently being added, [sp] whom is apparently Warlock[/sp].
[QUOTE=WhySoSeriouz;53191416]I liked it. [sp]Can't say I'm surprised about the whole thing with Deke tbh[/sp][/QUOTE] I didn't see it coming, but I like it. More weird family dynamics :v:
Jessica Jones S2 was actually good! I like the characters and after having watched it I [sp]really liked trish's writing especially but I also fucking hate every decision she made and think she's an awwwful person[/sp]
[QUOTE=WhySoSeriouz;53191416]I liked it. [sp]Can't say I'm surprised about the whole thing with Deke tbh[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]I always assumed he'd have some sort of connect to the team biologically when we learned his father was devoted to the cause[/sp]
I think the casting for [sp]Jessica's mother[/sp] was a miss. Felt really monotonous throughout the whole thing. Zero expression.
[QUOTE=redBadger;53192958]I think the casting for [sp]Jessica's mother[/sp] was a miss. Felt really monotonous throughout the whole thing. Zero expression.[/QUOTE] no way, it was great I thought. Good casting. [sp] good dead-eyed stare considering shes basically insane [/sp]
Didn't expect to see the max payne voice actor in JJ. He's even called Max loool.
[QUOTE=Hogie bear;53194453]Didn't expect to see the max payne voice actor in JJ.[/QUOTE] Now I have to watch season 2 of Jessica Jones [video=youtube;Ds2SUbt8hm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds2SUbt8hm4[/video] [I]I hope you're happy[/I]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.