• PS Vita - 299 US Dollars, 299 US Dollars, 299 US Dollars
    422 replies, posted
If you guys don't understand the title, watch this. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJElsNaC6yQ[/media] This was when they announced the price of the PS3 during the embarrasing 2006 Sony E3 conference
[QUOTE=EastBayWilly;30342470]PSP is okay but games suck. PSPGo Sucks all together. DS is okay, but also limited by lack of games. PSV Looks pretty good, very powerful. Games are a hit or miss. 3DS is an okay idea, can't say I like the 3D, but there are NO games. At all. Right now I'm more inclined on getting a PSV than a 3DS. I already have a DSi and PSP-3, but the PSV seems like it upgrades enough to warrant me adding it to my collection, where as the 3DS adds 3D. That's it. I can live without 3D.[/QUOTE] DS? Lack of games? The hell are you smoking? The DS has one of the best libraries in the history of ever. And to say the 3DS has no games is not really correct. It depends on your tastes right now... I've got two games for it that I absolutely adore. (Samurai Warriors Chronicles and Dead or Alive Dimensions.) And within the next month or so, it's getting its first 'killer apps' as well. Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. [editline]8th June 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=EastBayWilly;30342636]Correction. Lack of any good games.[/QUOTE] DISAGREE There are [i]so[/i] many excellent DS games I wouldn't even know where to start.
[QUOTE=postmanX3;30342680]DS? Lack of games? The hell are you smoking? The DS has one of the best libraries in the history of ever. And to say the 3DS has no games is not really correct. It depends on your tastes right now... I've got two games for it that I absolutely adore. (Samurai Warriors Chronicles and Dead or Alive Dimensions.) And within the next month or so, it's getting its first 'killer apps' as well. Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.[/QUOTE] My opinion of it lacking any good games depends on my tastes. And my taste is DS games suck. I have two games for the DS and I don't see myself interested in any others. I have Pokemon Black and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is an amazing RPG, one of the best out there. And Pokemon is a fun RPG I've enjoyed since I first got Pokemon Yellow as a kid. Nintendo goes for the younger audiences and because of that don't make many games I'll enjoy. It's just my opinion. They can have 25000 games in their library and my opinion will be unchanged unless they finally make a game that's not a waste of my time or money.
Might look into this. This year I chose the iPad 2 as my portable gaming device and I'm loving it, but if there are some good titles coming out then I'll consider getting this. Most likely not though because if I have something for portable gaming, then I don't need something else, and I also need to save money to upgrade my PC for Battlefield 3 and other great games coming out.
They must be lowering the price dramatically to compete with the iPod Touch and the 3DS. The stuff inside that thing doesn't sound cheap. Did they mention the battery life yet? That's the only thing I'm concerned with at this point.
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence was pretty good on the DS.
I think the battery life is something 8-10 hours. What I want to know is how well the browser will work. PSPs browser sucks. Even home brew browsers don't quite cut it half the time.
AT&T sucks ass been waiting for AT&T service in my area for around 7 years, still nothing and my dad works for AT&T we're still using ComCast
[QUOTE=EastBayWilly;30342733]My opinion of it lacking any good games depends on my tastes. And my taste is DS games suck. I have two games for the DS and I don't see myself interested in any others. I have Pokemon Black and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is an amazing RPG, one of the best out there. And Pokemon is a fun RPG I've enjoyed since I first got Pokemon Yellow as a kid. Nintendo goes for the younger audiences and because of that don't make many games I'll enjoy. It's just my opinion. They can have 25000 games in their library and my opinion will be unchanged unless they finally make a game that's not a waste of my time or money.[/QUOTE] Firstly: Nintendo does not aim exclusively for younger audiences. They have an all ages appeal, like Pixar. Secondly: you are aware there are a ton of amazing third-party DS titles, right? The World Ends with You, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor & Strange Journey, the Etrian Odyssey series, Dementium: The Ward and Dementium 2, Moon, the Phoenix Wright series, the Rune Factory series, GTA: Chinatown Wars... I could go on.
[QUOTE=benjgvps;30342776]They must be lowering the price dramatically to compete with the iPod Touch and the 3DS. The stuff inside that thing doesn't sound cheap. Did they mention the battery life yet? That's the only thing I'm concerned with at this point.[/QUOTE] I heard the battery life was similar to the PSP
More like PS [i]Vagina[/i] :madmax:
ITT: "omg my console is better than ours" Still, PSV looks awesome.
For those saying "DS has no good games" and "PSP has no good games", well, I guess it just sucks to be you because I've gone through a shit ton for each and have way more fun than you, then. I'll be getting a PSV and already have a 3DS just because it will be awesome having both.
[QUOTE=gta-man12345;30342870]ITT: "omg my console is better than ours" Still, PSV looks awesome.[/QUOTE] i think you missed the "y" in "yours" >:)))))))) also DUAL [u]ANAL[/u]OG STICKS??? [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Threadshitting" - Starpluck))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=del-re-re;30342837]More like PS [i]Vagina[/i] :madmax:[/QUOTE] More like P- :fuckoff:
[QUOTE=EastBayWilly;30342470]PSP is okay but games suck.[/QUOTE] :colbert: [editline]9th June 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=del-re-re;30343038]i think you missed the "y" in "yours" >:)))))))) also DUAL [u]ANAL[/u]OG STICKS???[/QUOTE] Way to go, comedian.
[QUOTE=EastBayWilly;30342636]Correction. Lack of any good games.[/QUOTE] There are tons of good games!
I'll wait until they have other carriers for the 3G or they release a 4G model, but my god that thing is giving my PC a run for its money in hardware alone.
RIP UMD The power of a CD in the safety of a cartridge. I hope the new format is like that.
what's the deal with the rear touch screen?
[quote]Two analog sticks![/quote] I'm sold. But seriously that's some impressive hardware for a handheld console [QUOTE=del-re-re;30342837]More like PS [i]Vagina[/i] :madmax:[/QUOTE] does every word that starts with V remind you of vagina or something
PSVITA got no game
Until a Monster Hunter title is announced for it, not a single fuck will be given from me.
[QUOTE=Me0wmix;30344305]PSVITA got no game[/QUOTE] You could say the same with the 3DS right now, and the VITA is not out yet [editline]8th June 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=DTkach;30344416]Until a Monster Hunter title is announced for it, not a single fuck will be given from me.[/QUOTE] You could play the last one on the PSP with the dual analog sticks, no more camera problems!
[QUOTE=DTkach;30344416]Until a Monster Hunter title is announced for it, not a single fuck will be given from me.[/QUOTE] Portable 3rd was confirmed for it way before E3.
[QUOTE=EastBayWilly;30342597]Well I'm not sure, but shouldn't $299 in Europe be just as reasonable as $299 in America? What is the minimum wage in Europe? [/QUOTE] You're misunderstanding here. If it were $299 or equivalent everywhere it would be perfectly fair. It isn't. It's $435 in Europe and $490 in the UK, if it's 299 Euros or Pounds. The problem is it isn't $299. $299 in Europe is just as reasonable as $299 in America. £299/€299 in Europe isn't just as reasonable as $299 in America.
[QUOTE=NINTENDUDECT;30344717]Portable 3rd was confirmed for it way before E3.[/QUOTE] I think I speak for him when I say, a fuck has been given. [editline]9th June 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=cheesedelux;30344740]You're misunderstanding here. If it were $299 or equivalent everywhere it would be perfectly fair. It isn't. It's $435 in Europe and $490 in the UK, if it's 299 Euros or Pounds. The problem is it isn't $299. $299 in Europe is just as reasonable as $299 in America. £299/€299 in Europe isn't just as reasonable as $299 in America.[/QUOTE] I'm sorry but I still don't understand. I thought they advertised it as £299/€299.
[QUOTE=EastBayWilly;30344741]I think I speak for him when I say, a fuck has been given. [editline]9th June 2011[/editline] I'm sorry but I still don't understand. I thought they advertised it as £299/€299.[/QUOTE] It costs more because it doesn't exactly equal 1 USD.
Yes and £299 = $490 €299 = $425. Exchange rates. Despite what Steam might have you believe, different currencies have different values. $1 is £0.61 $1 is €0.69 It's not even a slight difference.
[QUOTE=Mini Shot;30344773]It costs more because it doesn't exactly equal 1 USD.[/QUOTE] I realize that. But in Europe, depending on peoples wages ($10.15 minimum wage in Canada) i thought it safe to assume that difference wouldn't matter. [editline]9th June 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=cheesedelux;30344778]Yes and £299 = $490 €299 = $425. Exchange rates. Despite what Steam might have you believe, different currencies have different values. $1 is £0.61 $1 is €0.69 It's not even a slight difference.[/QUOTE] But there are no exchange rates. They advertized it as costing £299/€299 in Europe. [editline]9th June 2011[/editline] Someone just tell me Europes minimum wage already so we can settle this. Because right now I don't see a problem at all.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.