• Dwarf Fortress 2010 Edition - YES IT'S OUT!
    2,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21061348]Also, do the Demons stay around if I abandon the fort then visit it in Adventurer?[/QUOTE] Yes they do
[QUOTE=Orkel;21062087]Yes they do[/QUOTE] How can I trap some in the burial chamber so that, when an Adventurer triggers a pressure plate or pulls the wrong lever, it releases them (Can't they tear down doors/gates?)
Adventurers don't trigger levers or traps.
[QUOTE=MrBob1337;21062412]Adventurers don't trigger levers or traps.[/QUOTE] not by default, you have to turn it back on in the init.txt file
I heard that even that does nothing.
Just make sure you don't have cagetraps I don't think adventurers can escape those.
[QUOTE=Hamsterman;21062732]Just make sure you don't have cagetraps I don't think adventurers can escape those.[/QUOTE] nope, they cant
I built myself a nice well down at the bottom of my fort and a lever to release the brook water down a few Z levels and across a mined out shaft to be used by a well. A z level above I channeled out the floor because I wanted dorfs to see some nice water as they walked pass. I opened the floodgate, water went down, water came up open the channel in the floor and flooded my entire bedroom/barracks/office level and the Z level down where the levers to close the floodgate were. Nice.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21062263]How can I trap some in the burial chamber so that, when an Adventurer triggers a pressure plate or pulls the wrong lever, it releases them (Can't they tear down doors/gates?)[/QUOTE] You'd have to cage the demons before you can "release them", in adventure mode the demons will be EVERYWHERE in the embark area instead of the spot where you left them off.
-snip- fuck im an idiot
[QUOTE=Goose;21062779]I don't know how to start the game after downloading. :suicide:[/QUOTE] In the dwarf fortress folder -> dwarfort.exe (or something like that)
[QUOTE=rakkar;21062812]In the dwarf fortress folder -> dwarfort.exe (or something like that)[/QUOTE] It wasn't working correctly at first but apparently the extract button can do it more correctly than I do it manually. :smithicide:
First something related: I have a hard time starting a new game, so I think I am just gonna wait for the new version. And now something unrelated: This post is posted at 00:00 (GMT+1), which means the date turns to the 31th of March, which means I turn 15. According to danish laws, it is now legal for me to "[i]Have a hang out, with my wang out.[/i]" :dance: [sp]Not that I am going to :([/sp]
Happy Birthday :) Maybe DF will come out today and that'd be a mega-sweet present.
Happy birthday Dryvnt!
[QUOTE=Dryvnt;21063458]First something related: I have a hard time starting a new game, so I think I am just gonna wait for the new version. And now something unrelated: This post is posted at 00:00 (GMT+1), which means the date turns to the 31th of March, which means I turn 15. According to danish laws, it is now legal for me to "[i]Have a hang out, with my wang out.[/i]" :dance: [sp]Not that I am going to :([/sp][/QUOTE] happy birthday you piece of shit just kidding<3 What exactly do you mean by, "Have a hang out, with my wang out"? As in, you can walk public streets naked? Or..?
Get his drunk on?
[QUOTE=ElTacoLad;21064272]Get his drunk on?[/QUOTE] I think that's 16 in Denmark At least that's what a Danish guy on Chatroulette told me. Maybe 15 is the legal age to have sex with people in Denmark?
Happy Birthday, Dryvnt!
[QUOTE=HALP Cat;21062776]You'd have to cage the demons before you can "release them", in adventure mode the demons will be EVERYWHERE in the embark area instead of the spot where you left them off.[/QUOTE] It'll be a race against time as the adventurer tries to sneak past demons while water levels rise, threatening to drown them. Oh yeah, and there will be lots of twists and turns and dead ends ending in bow/weapon traps, which will make it even harder.
When you are done, you will put up the save, right?
[QUOTE=Ninja Gnome;21066749]When you are done, you will put up the save, right?[/QUOTE] Of course, once I learn how, of course. Before I cancel the save, I'll make a fuckton of coins and other trinkets to sell to various traders, so you'll be able to find pieces of my fortress that will set you on the right track to find it. Looking back, I should've captured the male Dragon that came to visit the fortress so I could tame it, then proceed to put it somewhere in the fortress. Final question: How should I effectively trap Demons in cage traps? Should I just line a hallway with cage traps and hope for the best as they run over them?
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21067448]Of course, once I learn how, of course. Before I cancel the save, I'll make a fuckton of coins and other trinkets to sell to various traders, so you'll be able to find pieces of my fortress that will set you on the right track to find it. Looking back, I should've captured the male Dragon that came to visit the fortress so I could tame it, then proceed to put it somewhere in the fortress. Final question: How should I effectively trap Demons in cage traps? Should I just line a hallway with cage traps and hope for the best as they run over them?[/QUOTE] They're like dwarves, they only get caught in cage traps if they fall asleep or are knocked unconscious on top of them. So, you'll need to drop rocks on the demons to catch them. :v: I believe there is a video of this on that video site.
[QUOTE=Xera;21067518]They're like dwarves, they only get caught in cage traps if they fall asleep or are knocked unconscious on top of them. So, you'll need to drop rocks on the demons to catch them. :v: I believe there is a video of this on that video site.[/QUOTE] I have an idea for a cheap, yet effective way to do this. Turn off Cave-Ins, make a room that would easily fall if Cave-Ins were turned on, then line the entire thing with cage traps. Lure the beasts into the room with a bunch of peasants turned into recruits (they run fast since I have speed set to 600) and will sacrifice themselves so that we may have Demons. I know it's not Dwarvenly, I'm just trying to set this thing up to be perfect, I intend on this being fun and enjoyable for people to try and hunt down.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21067702]I have an idea for a cheap, yet effective way to do this. Turn off Cave-Ins, make a room that would easily fall if Cave-Ins were turned on, then line the entire thing with cage traps. Lure the beasts into the room with a bunch of peasants turned into recruits (they run fast since I have speed set to 600) and will sacrifice themselves so that we may have Demons. I know it's not Dwarvenly, I'm just trying to set this thing up to be perfect, I intend on this being fun and enjoyable for people to try and hunt down.[/QUOTE] or you could use a support and not be an armok-damned cheater
[QUOTE=atomicthumbs;21067868]or you could use a support and not be an armok-damned cheater[/QUOTE] That definitely works as well, can I set a lever up to destroy a support?
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21067881]That definitely works as well, can I set a lever up to destroy a support?[/QUOTE] yes
Doing it now. I just hope it doesn't collapse the Pyramid in the process. Also, while I'm doing that I'll start up another mega construct which will hopefully be easier then the Pyramid, yet just as effective: Four large, curved guard towers which overlook the intersection of my fortresses Highway (5 tiles wide, I'd call that a highway.)
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21067947]Doing it now. I just hope it doesn't collapse the Pyramid in the process. Also, while I'm doing that I'll start up another mega construct which will hopefully be easier then the Pyramid, yet just as effective: Four large, curved guard towers which overlook the intersection of my fortresses Highway (5 tiles wide, I'd call that a highway.)[/QUOTE] pff, 5, do 12+
I just got a Tax Collector and Baron/Baroness, they are demanding rooms. I'm sick and tired of petty follies like room arrangements, I'll just ignore them until they eventually go batshit insane.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.