• Dwarf Fortress 2010 Edition - YES IT'S OUT!
    2,001 replies, posted
A giant ice rhyno that stuns people constantly.
The fucking Stay-Puft marshmallow man.
A demon with obsidian skin and filled with magma, so that even harming it can potentially catch the attacker on fire. It also should have a sword made out of magma.
Fast spreading blob made of pure poison
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21078379]A demon with obsidian skin and filled with magma, so that even harming it can potentially catch the attacker on fire. It also should have a sword made out of magma.[/QUOTE] oh god flame sword yessssssssss [editline]05:17PM[/editline] and you know what would be so badass is that it would instantly cauterize the wound it makes and stop infection <3
First person who finds Cthuhlu automatically wins, though.
[QUOTE=Dryvnt;21075308]No, let's hope for today :buddy: With 'having a hang out with my wang out', I mean having sex.[/QUOTE] [img]http://www.facepunch.com/image.php?u=142430&dateline=1267736135[/img]
How tall should I make the Black Towers of Olontost? (Olontost is the name of the fortress, they're black because they're made out of Diorite Blocks.)
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21078996]How tall should I make the Black Towers of Olontost? (Olontost is the name of the fortress, they're black because they're made out of Diorite Blocks.)[/QUOTE] So high that armok has to adjust his seat to get more comfortable.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21078996]How tall should I make the Black Towers of Olontost? (Olontost is the name of the fortress, they're black because they're made out of Diorite Blocks.)[/QUOTE] Make sure to make sacrifical altar on top of it.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21078996]How tall should I make the Black Towers of Olontost? (Olontost is the name of the fortress, they're black because they're made out of Diorite Blocks.)[/QUOTE] Have it really really tall, then make an arena on top of it that has no walls. [editline]01:07PM[/editline] Also, no one answered my question :frown:
Had to abandon my fort. I ran out of food and everyone was starving to death. Then my fort sprung a leak and began to flood. :saddowns: Ah well, now I can begin my massive, wasteland tower. :buddy:
"Thread Title"
[QUOTE=Confused111;21079233]Have it really really tall, then make an arena on top of it that has no walls. [editline]01:07PM[/editline] Also, no one answered my question :frown:[/QUOTE] yes the new versions out The truth is, you don't have to even look in this thread to decipher if the new version is out yet. Just go to [url]www.bay12games.com/dwarves[/url] and look yourself at the most recent release. If it doesn't say September 2008, congrats, it's out. I don't know why you people find this so hard, it took me less than two seconds to type the link..
[QUOTE=Confused111;21073059]I'm unsure on how to do most attacks. I can grab people by certain parts of their bodies, but I can't break it, choke them, gouge their eyes, throwing doesn't seem to send them anywhere, etc. Also, bows don't work. I press f, move the thing over where I want to shoot, but have tried every way I can think of that would let me shoot to shoot, but it does not work.[/QUOTE] I think it was that question. I haven't played adventure mode so I don't know how it works.
I have a Grand Master Thrower in adventure mode. "The spinning stone hits the Wolf in the chest!" "The Wolf collapses into a lump of gore!" That's what usually happens :smug:
[QUOTE=Loofiloo;21078836][img]http://www.facepunch.com/image.php?u=142430&dateline=1267736135[/img][/QUOTE] I think the joke flew right over my head, because I don't get it. [img]http://www.facepunch.com/image.php?u=58915&dateline=1263077206[/img]
Still no devlog, On a side note, I just broke into my house because the door was locked. :downs:
When the new version comes out, I'm going to make mega-constructs the likes of which has never been seen. Actually, scratch that, they won't be as "massive" as many of the more famous constructs, they'll just be interesting buildings with an attention to detail whilst being fun to explore while in Adventurer Mode.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21082565]When the new version comes out, I'm going to make mega-constructs the likes of which has never been seen. Actually, scratch that, they won't be as "massive" as many of the more famous constructs, they'll just be interesting buildings with an attention to detail whilst being fun to explore while in Adventurer Mode.[/QUOTE] I'm going to make the awesomest above ground fort ever made (by someone else than Orkel >:()
Can somebody fill me in on whats in the next version?
[url]http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AT8EQVUjrv96ZGc5cnBwOHZfMjgyY3FzZHFtanA&hl=en&pli=1[/url]
Thanks.
I want to make an aboveground fortress, but make it literally above the ground, held up by supports.
[QUOTE=Swebonny;21081257]I think it was that question. I haven't played adventure mode so I don't know how it works.[/QUOTE] I figured it out. It turns out that I was just missing, and I didn't know. Even though I poured all my skills into bows/crossbows. Same thing for me with throwing, I can never hit anything. Ever. [editline]05:34PM[/editline] Also [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/20p91f7.jpg[/IMG]
Never played DF before, but I'm waiting until the new version releases before I start. It. Looks. Awesome :woop:
[QUOTE=BAR;21083686]Can somebody fill me in on whats in the next version?[/QUOTE] asdtgasffgjkfbnqf it seems I worked hours on the OP for nothing can you guys please start linking back to the OP instead of that damn google docs page in future :S
[QUOTE=Pandemix;21084564]Never played DF before, but I'm waiting until the new version releases before I start. It. Looks. Awesome :woop:[/QUOTE] I'd learn now.
^ Hurry up and release it Toady
[QUOTE=Themage;21085079]^ Hurry up and release it Toady[/QUOTE] are you calling me Toady
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.