• Dwarf Fortress 2010 Edition - YES IT'S OUT!
    2,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Themage;21085079]^ Hurry up and release it Toady[/QUOTE] It's unlikely.
Dream of a lifetime.
i would be so happy if i woke up and DF was released...
So I just met a fuckawesome guard. I killed his kid, so he tries to kill me. I stab him in the arm with my spear, breaking it, and then continue to do so on his other arm. But no, pain from broken limbs do not deter this man. He fucking tears a chunk out of my head, my throat, and then my head again. In a last ditch attempt, I threw his kid's body at him, but it only bruised his spine. So, he then tears a piece of me from my head, (which I personally think was part of my brain because it said my brain failed as that happened) then I died. Holy shit, what a badass. [editline]07:19PM[/editline] Also, just read feature list, and got to the part about the underground. I hope there's darkspawn.
:siren:[b]It's out![/b]:siren:
I've only played for like 3 minutes but, man, it's amazing!
>:( [editline]01:28AM[/editline] I can't see no update. Stop getting my hopes up.
Hurf durf April fools, but I wouldn't be surprised if it will actually be released today... (Or if the site says it's been released, but it isn't)
[QUOTE=Vronkio;21086535]:siren:[B]It's out![/B]:siren:[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Metromonkey;21086726]I've only played for like 3 minutes but, man, it's amazing![/QUOTE] Fucking hell, I fell for it only because of the post right after.
[QUOTE=Micr0;21086832]Fucking hell, I fell for it only because of the post right after.[/QUOTE] This, I frakking hate you guys.
Awesome work metromonkey. And yea, April Fools. :unsmigghh:
[img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/dwarfenly.PNG[/img] So fucking dwarvenly! (dwarfenly?)
[QUOTE=rakkar;21087152][img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/dwarfenly.PNG[/img] So fucking dwarvenly! (dwarfenly?)[/QUOTE] dorfy.
Every time I read the list I can't help but laugh out loud at this line: "Eyelids clean the eyes so you don't have to soap them off, but if an eyelid is torn off, I think they might soap the eyes"
Dude, you CRASHED YOUTUBE! [editline]11:55PM[/editline] And is that edited, or can you have it like that normally? I see now... It is part of April Fool's Day... Dammit, is isn't April yet here :saddowns:
[QUOTE=rakkar;21087152][IMG]http://filesmelt.com/dl/dwarfenly.PNG[/IMG] So fucking dwarvenly! (dwarfenly?)[/QUOTE] Is that the world map? If so, what is it representing?
This video is of highest craftdwarfship. Etched into the video is a lot of letters of gold. The letters are striking a menacing pose. This craft depicts the events of Canuhearme? being confused at Obsidian 23th 214
You guys are such cock teases with you yelling "Its released!" :flaccid:
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21087506]Is that the world map? If so, what is it representing?[/QUOTE] It's Youtube's April fools joke, it's a screenshot of the video for Korpiklaani's "Wooden Pints" (which is a very dwarvenly song), in the "new" "ascii mode".
I gotta say... I kinda wish they would keep it :3:
you motherfuckers, I got excited :(
[QUOTE=Vronkio;21086975]Awesome work metromonkey. And yea, April Fools. :unsmigghh:[/QUOTE] Thanks for doing an age old joke. You could probably declare that it is out every 30 minutes and half the people who read this thread would check everytime. I know I would.
You know what they need in this? The possibility of encountering a meteor crater, or a meteor itself. Remember, tradition states that metal coming from a meteor is usually of supernatural quality. Perhaps it results in a guaranteed artifact weapon/armor?
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21089127]You know what they need in this? The possibility of encountering a meteor crater, or a meteor itself. Remember, tradition states that metal coming from a meteor is usually of supernatural quality. Perhaps it results in a guaranteed artifact weapon/armor?[/QUOTE] and maybe if you mine into it there could be a forgotten beast inside it or it could be full of magma either one... or both
[QUOTE=Kylel999;21089339]and maybe if you mine into it there could be a forgotten beast inside it or it could be full of magma either one... or both[/QUOTE] The image of a Dwarf running across the map, only to get a "Urist McAstronomer has been hit by a meteor!" Is too hilarious to pass up.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21089127]You know what they need in this? The possibility of encountering a meteor crater, or a meteor itself. Remember, tradition states that metal coming from a meteor is usually of supernatural quality. Perhaps it results in a guaranteed artifact weapon/armor?[/QUOTE] This would be cool. Also I'd like to see more complex weather effects in DF. There should be occasional very rare lightning strikes during rain, sometimes less rare depending on the storm's severity. They'd be more likely to hit trees than land or a dwarf, but if you built a really tall structure like a metal pyramid, it could actually attract lightning. Other possibilities could be like... Tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes. Earthquakes would actually be really cool, because they might damage your underground structures, cause cave-ins, or disturb underground beasts. (adding more fun to the game)
[QUOTE=Loofiloo;21089514]This would be cool. Also I'd like to see more complex weather effects in DF. There should be occasional very rare lightning strikes during rain, sometimes less rare depending on the storm's severity. They'd be more likely to hit trees than land or a dwarf,[B] but if you built a really tall structure like a metal pyramid, it could actually attract lightning.[/B] Other possibilities could be like... Tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes. Earthquakes would actually be really cool, because they might damage your underground structures, cause cave-ins, or disturb underground beasts. (adding more fun to the game)[/QUOTE] The tip of my pyramid is Gold, wouldn't that make it a massive target?
[QUOTE=Loofiloo;21089514]This would be cool. Also I'd like to see more complex weather effects in DF. There should be occasional very rare lightning strikes during rain, sometimes less rare depending on the storm's severity. They'd be more likely to hit trees than land or a dwarf, but if you built a really tall structure like a metal pyramid, it could actually attract lightning. Other possibilities could be like... Tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes. Earthquakes would actually be really cool, because they might damage your underground structures, cause cave-ins, or disturb underground beasts. (adding more fun to the game)[/QUOTE] Hurricanes would be awesome, same with tornadoes, items left in the open outside could get blown around the map..
The introduction of a random meteor strike would definitely entail some interesting creatures and events. You could find a child in one of the meteors, it proceeds to become the most powerful soldier you have, by far.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21089568]The introduction of a random meteor strike would definitely entail some interesting creatures and events. You could find a child in one of the meteors, it proceeds to become the most powerful soldier you have, by far.[/QUOTE] Or aliens! With tentacles!
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.