• Dwarf Fortress 2010 Edition - YES IT'S OUT!
    2,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Newbienice99;21107606]4 Dwarves and 3 pets just spontaneously bled to death. They were doing their stuff, then suddenly a trail of blood followed them, then they die. They were migrants, but there are no dangerous things around, and half of them started spontaneously bleeding INSIDE my fort. It would have been fine if all of them died, but one survived and he was friends with pretty much every one of them. I expect there to be a depression spiral very soon.[/QUOTE] Were they outside, and was it raining?
[QUOTE=FlashStock;21107352]When I change my resolution to something higher, it doesn't allow me to see "more" of the map. Anyone got the same problem? It just stretches the window.[/QUOTE] You need to change [GRID:x:y] x = screen size / text width(8 on 640x300 font) y = screen size / text height(12 on 640x300 font)
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;21107657]It's Ebola. Did they eat any raw Rhesus Macaque meat recently?[/QUOTE] No [QUOTE=Thorny;21107673]Were they outside, and was it raining?[/QUOTE] Yes :( My fort is now only 5 dwarves.
If you're getting awful framerates, try lowering your g_FPS setting in init.txt to 20 or so. Worked very well for me.
The raws look so complicated now. :(
[QUOTE=Newbienice99;21107726]Yes :( My fort is now only 5 dwarves.[/QUOTE] There's your problem - there's a bug, killer rain :P
[QUOTE=Thorny;21107841]There's your problem - there's a bug, killer rain :P[/QUOTE] Shit, son.
[QUOTE=Thorny;21107841]There's your problem - there's a bug, killer rain :P[/QUOTE] Sweet Jesus on ice. I can't wait to play with that. Does it affect invaders / traders / creatures, as well?
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2yplyf8.jpg[/IMG] Well, fuck. Time to wall that area off, How much of a force would I need to take on a GCS?
[QUOTE=AteBitLord;21107595]How do I turn on arena?[/QUOTE] ? D:
Did you look at the main menu?
[QUOTE=helpiminabox;21107957]Did you look at the main menu?[/QUOTE] Yes.
The joys of the DF Steam Group chat: 00:35 - Imperial Jellyfish: It makes my nipples slightly stiffen each time I flick my gaze over that magical word, 'Wasteland'. Aye. 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): mmhmm 00:35 - ·٠● ElTacolad ●٠·: D: 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): Wasteland 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): w 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): a 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): s 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): t 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): e 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): l 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): a 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): n 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): d 00:35 - Imperial Jellyfish: hnnghh 00:35 - Imperial Jellyfish: Hard as ice.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/332zcqe.jpg[/IMG] Also, fucking awesome, Underground beach.
[QUOTE=Comcastic;21108013][IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/332zcqe.jpg[/IMG] Also, fucking awesome, Underground beach.[/QUOTE] It looks like you have a Shelob in there though.
[QUOTE=Newbienice99;21107606]4 Dwarves and 3 pets just spontaneously bled to death. They were doing their stuff, then suddenly a trail of blood followed them, then they die. They were migrants, but there are no dangerous things around, and half of them started spontaneously bleeding INSIDE my fort. It would have been fine if all of them died, but one survived and he was friends with pretty much every one of them. I expect there to be a depression spiral very soon. Edit: 1 of them was not a migrant. Edit: 2 more, and now a horse is 'Faint'[/QUOTE] Epic, sounds like a disease.
Breach! And i found a shitload of GCS webs. Hoarding military dwarves ahoy.
GCS webs are fucking everywhere, but no-one's found the GCS yet...
Ya know, it would be neat to hire mercenaries for your fortress in a later game update. Does anyone know if this is on the to-do list? Finding mercs from any civilized groups. Goblins/humans/elves/etc. But potentially finding a demon merc would be [I]completely[/I] badass. I imagine they would have some special request based on their ability.
[QUOTE=Thorny;21107966]The joys of the DF Steam Group chat: 00:35 - Imperial Jellyfish: It makes my nipples slightly stiffen each time I flick my gaze over that magical word, 'Wasteland'. Aye. 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): mmhmm 00:35 - ·٠● ElTacolad ●٠·: D: 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): Wasteland 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): w 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): a 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): s 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): t 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): e 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): l 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): a 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): n 00:35 - Ninja Gnome (WA): d 00:35 - Imperial Jellyfish: hnnghh 00:35 - Imperial Jellyfish: Hard as ice.[/QUOTE] I do not regret my decision
Lock!
What.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.