• SCP-087
    599 replies, posted
Using the HPL2 engine level creator (the Amnesia engine) should be rather easy to make such a game.
My buddy is live streaming SCP-087 PS: it's in Norwegain. [url]http://www.livestream.com/hanefar[/url]
I suppose this should be turned into a discussion on how to improve the game? What I believe I've heard so far is: -Add the crying sound from the game. -Improve the relations of the face and the main character. This seems kind of vague, but I don't have any input here. I thought that whenever you encounter the fact, the camera should zoom in on him, but that may be a bit over-the-top. -Shorten the game. The only expedition that goes farther than 100 flights is implied to have been because the face had been following the subject the way down. Perhaps making it where the face doesn't spawn farther than 100 flights may be better. -Consider allowing the face to appear behind the player at a point. Depending on whether this would work with game mechanics and whether or not you want the game to be [I]that[/I] scary, you may want to vote against this. This SCP seems so narrow that I don't see many other ways it could be improved on, however.
If you make the face appear behind the Player I might just have to report this to the folks at Geneva, because that would be a fucking warcrime.
[QUOTE=mariofan38;34640807]Elaborate please? You can't turn around? You can't go up a stair, it blocks you like a wall? You're frozen when you see the face?[/QUOTE] No, but the height of a single step is too much to walk up. You can't walk up the stairs, but you can jump, so really you're not stuck at all.
Yes please make it appear behind the player. I would LOVE to shit my pants a bit more when I turn around in panic.
[QUOTE=Sgt. Lulz;34682540]Yes please make it appear behind the player. I would LOVE to shit my pants a bit more when I turn around in panic.[/QUOTE] I used to scare screamers by telling them fake info; ''If you get past a certain floor, another monster spawns a few floors above you, it moves at the same speed as you. Unless you turn around and stand still alot, if you do that it'll become faster.''
[QUOTE=mariofan38;34657621]I suppose this should be turned into a discussion on how to improve the game? What I believe I've heard so far is: -Add the crying sound from the game. -Improve the relations of the face and the main character. This seems kind of vague, but I don't have any input here. I thought that whenever you encounter the fact, the camera should zoom in on him, but that may be a bit over-the-top. -Shorten the game. The only expedition that goes farther than 100 flights is implied to have been because the face had been following the subject the way down. Perhaps making it where the face doesn't spawn farther than 100 flights may be better. -Consider allowing the face to appear behind the player at a point. Depending on whether this would work with game mechanics and whether or not you want the game to be [I]that[/I] scary, you may want to vote against this. This SCP seems so narrow that I don't see many other ways it could be improved on, however.[/QUOTE] I'm tempted to piece together a level built on Unreal with the face spawning behind randomly, so sometimes it's a normal game and sometimes it will spawn behind you but you don't know when! I thought about all this while walking home in the dark, I was shitting it. Also I want to use it for my art exam.
[QUOTE=Canary;34683832] I thought about all this while walking home in the dark, I was shitting it. [/QUOTE] After I came home from watching "The Woman in Black", I watched a video of this game, and as I was walking up to bed later, I remembered them both. nopenopenope.
[QUOTE=Canary;34683832]I'm tempted to piece together a level built on Unreal with the face spawning behind randomly, so sometimes it's a normal game and sometimes it will spawn behind you but you don't know when! I thought about all this while walking home in the dark, I was shitting it. Also I want to use it for my art exam.[/QUOTE] Have fun with UScript. Don't just use kismet thats for kids.
A friend of mine, Hellborg has played this game. After seeing his reaction, I made this little animation: [url]http://localhostr.com/files/iF14F1O/hepoopedabit2.swf[/url] (Download it and drag the file into your browser window).
Well, I knew that the face spawning behind you at some point would be pretty over-the-top, but I just thought that you had to have some balls to play it in the first place, so... :3 Any objections to the other suggestions?
[QUOTE=VistaPOWA;34685430]A friend of mine, Hellborg has played this game. After seeing his reaction, I made this little animation: [url]http://localhostr.com/files/iF14F1O/hepoopedabit2.swf[/url] (Download it and drag the file into your browser window).[/QUOTE] hepoopedabit[b]2[/b].swf can i see #1
[QUOTE=LuaChobo;34686084]hepoopedabit[b]2[/b].swf can i see #1[/QUOTE] Overwritten by 2.
-Quoted wrong person- Can I see some of your previous work in UDK? I'd rather not look forward to someone who has no experience in it making a game based on something i enjoy and then finding out the only thing he has made is a box with a light and a gun.
[QUOTE=milkandcooki;34644601]oh ufCK im crying but my mom yelled at me right after for crying so much my arms are shaking tohugh [editline]10th February 2012[/editline] everyone is calling me a pussy maybe because i am. i cried a lot.[/QUOTE] Your mom's a bitch.
[QUOTE=LuaChobo;34686125]Can I see some of your previous work in UDK? I'd rather not look forward to someone who has no experience in it making a game based on something i enjoy and then finding out the only thing he has made is a box with a light and a gun.[/QUOTE] It's not much but the game play works... [url]http://www.indiedb.com/games/odd-job-eddie-returns[/url] I still haven't posted its current state because I want to make it actually look good next time I post shots. It's a lot easier to make this as it's one level but I plan to make an intro and such, maybe a main base with other SCP files to check out? Portfolio, I'm mainly 3D Artist. [url]http://leigh.ucoz.com/photo/3dmodelling/1[/url]
[QUOTE=Canary;34686774]It's not much but the game play works... [url]http://www.indiedb.com/games/odd-job-eddie-returns[/url] I still haven't posted its current state because I want to make it actually look good next time I post shots. It's a lot easier to make this as it's one level but I plan to make an intro and such, maybe a main base with other SCP files to check out? Portfolio, I'm mainly 3D Artist. [url]http://leigh.ucoz.com/photo/3dmodelling/1[/url][/QUOTE] Alright then, If you need any help I have done quite a large amount of level design in UDK. Almost got hired by ironbelly studios but i was too young. (I was 16 when they contacted me, they dont hire under 18s)
I just watched a friend climb down 203 flights of stairs before saying fuck it. 'Oh, hey, flight 185, that's my favorite number. Oh look at that, nothing fucking happened!'
[QUOTE=LuaChobo;34686125]Can I see some of your previous work in UDK? I'd rather not look forward to someone who has no experience in it making a game based on something i enjoy and then finding out the only thing he has made is a box with a light and a gun.[/QUOTE] Excuse me? I didn't mean to come off as saying [I]I[/I] was going to make said changes. Sorry if I implied as such. I was just trying to get the discussion over to something important. (And, to answer your question, I don't even know what UDK is.)
[QUOTE=mariofan38;34688170]Excuse me? I didn't mean to come off as saying [I]I[/I] was going to make said changes. Sorry if I implied as such. I was just trying to get the discussion over to something important. (And, to answer your question, I don't even know what UDK is.)[/QUOTE] I quoted the wrong person
I hope someone steps up an makes a new SCP exploration game. 445 would be freaking sweet
Worked out my level design, at the start you will be outside and there will be three buildings one of them the main building, I've been working on one of the two prop buildings... [img]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8664/propbuilding1wip.jpg[/img] The prop buildings are new but the main building will be an old building, I'm basing it on an old secondary school where I live which has an old bell tower.
I've been wanting to play this, but part of me doesn't want to. I've seen that thing in one of the gameplay videos and I don't ever want to see that thing again. :(
I've been reading SCP files since yesterday, really interesting stuff. Don't care if I'll develop staircase-phobia, this is a must play for me. Going to try it out when I get home on saturday.
Second prop building modelled.. [img]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9440/propbuilding2wip.jpg[/img] Next to create the main building then I can put them all in a level texture them and then add props such as bins ect, the ground will be simple flat tar but some paths with brick walls beside them so as to have more than just a flat boring area.
What is that for, Canary? I'm looking forward to more SCP-related media.
I decided to give this a try but I got ambushed by a shadow which I didn't see until the last second on the 13th floor. Instantly quitted when it scared the crap out of me.
I heard the game got an update?
[QUOTE=ElectricSquid;34714276]What is that for, Canary? I'm looking forward to more SCP-related media.[/QUOTE] I'm going to make my own scarier more advanced version, Player even starts outside and I might add an intro. I really want to make the face follow behind the player randomly so if you're unlucky your game will have the face follow you after a certain floor and you then proceed to die from a heart attack. I could try making some other ones if this one goes well and if I do create other ones I might as well create the HQ to select mission.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.