• DC Universe Online Megathread V1 - "Featuring superheroes such as 'Batguy' since 2011!"
    1,034 replies, posted
I want to try this out, but it looks very similar to CoH/CoV and Champions Online, which were very underwhelming games.
Oh how I wish I could pay for monthly fees. This looks rather great.
[QUOTE=The DooD;27462146]So I assume this game is released, can I just buy a license online and download it? [editline]16th January 2011[/editline] Anything except D2D, that shit doesn't work for me[/QUOTE] You can get it from steam.
Really tempted to buy this, are there any reviews for it yet, what are your guys consolidated opinion on the game so far?
Servers should be coming back online soon.
[QUOTE=Deac;27462302]You can get it from steam.[/QUOTE] Oh sweet I'll get it on Steam
Broken merge. AGAIN The steam version might take you some time to download, its a rather large game.
[QUOTE=Big Dumb American;27462253]I want to try this out, but it looks very similar to CoH/CoV and Champions Online, which were very underwhelming games.[/QUOTE] This is my main concern. How is DCUO in comparison to CO? Edit: Also epic combo merge breaker [editline]16th January 2011[/editline] Ohshi 14GB download. [editline]16th January 2011[/editline] I decided to forgo concern and impulse buy
I heard their are referral keys, is this true?
[QUOTE=BLUcody;27462875]I heard their are referral keys, is this true?[/QUOTE] People who bought this retail received a 10-day buddy key. [QUOTE=The DooD;27462326]This is my main concern. How is DCUO in comparison to CO? Edit: Also epic combo merge breaker [editline]16th January 2011[/editline] Ohshi 14GB download. [editline]16th January 2011[/editline] I decided to forgo concern and impulse buy[/QUOTE] Well, while you're downloading 14gig, its so much better than CO, by far. its smooth. My only gripe is im a little lost to what im doing endgame.
Anyone have a buddy key, at all? I'm seeing if I want to buy the game or not.
Well since it's the cool thing to do, I'm going to beg for a key. Could someone give me a buddy key please? I'd appreciate it. I don't think these work for Steam but here's some key sellers, cheaper than on Steam. (I'm not responsible if these are dodgy and you get banned or whatever.) [url]http://directgamekeys.com/products.php?product=DC-Universe-Online-CD%252dKey[/url] [url]http://www.onlinekeystore.com/DC-Universe-Online-US-Digital.html[/url]
[QUOTE=kenji;27463024] Well, while you're downloading 14gig, its so much better than CO, by far. its smooth. [/QUOTE] Do you smooth as in like it works well (I don't even know what I mean). For example in CO, the charging bars for any attack that had to build up in some way, they never actually worked. They'd take ages to come up after you'd pressed the button, then they'd fill up, then when they got full they just jump back randomly. Didn't affect the gameplay for the most part but it was annoying. Also how well does it run? In CO if I had it on high settings, I'd usually be getting between 15 and 30 FPS which was abysmal. Does this run better on high settings?
[QUOTE=The DooD;27463356]Do you smooth as in like it works well (I don't even know what I mean). For example in CO, the charging bars for any attack that had to build up in some way, they never actually worked. They'd take ages to come up after you'd pressed the button, then they'd fill up, then when they got full they just jump back randomly. Didn't affect the gameplay for the most part but it was annoying. Also how well does it run? In CO if I had it on high settings, I'd usually be getting between 15 and 30 FPS which was abysmal. Does this run better on high settings?[/QUOTE] Hard to describe, The animations are smooth, the latency is great, the FPS is pretty damn good, it just feels 'fluid' I think the best way to describe it, Take any free-to-play MMO, you know that clunkyness? you hit a skill, client waits for server, you get a delay, then an animation etc? Nothing like that, Plays more like a console action RPG
This game has piqued my interest, but I would like to 'try before I buy'. Does anyone have a Buddy-Key which they could spare? Thank you.
[QUOTE=kenji;27453977]Voera Villain EU Bloodstorm Kenjiru Villain EU Bloodstorm :v:[/QUOTE] Added. I recently made a gameplay video, it shows a few things among which the athletic movement mode and some nature powers. People who are curious about how it looks and how it plays might wanna have a look at it: [hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lntWiYNssx0[/hd] Feel free to suggest something else I should record and I'll do my best to get some footage. :smile:
Life - EU - Bloodstorm
Just recording a vid of Ice Elemental for you all
[QUOTE=Master V;27463953]Life - EU - Bloodstorm[/QUOTE] Added, though you forgot your side, Hero or Villain?
Gonna play it on my cousins account to see if I like it. How does it compare to say, City of Heroes?
[QUOTE=SomeDumbShit;27464417]Gonna play it on my cousins account to see if I like it. How does it compare to say, City of Heroes?[/QUOTE] I feel that its better.
[media]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5546/dcgame2011011622303182.png[/media] Intresting fact, your colors on gear decide on some weapons too, i.e bow arrows and hand blasts. [media]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4522/dcgame2011011623083679.png[/media]
I would hope so. If it didnt the I would think less of the game.
Are there any jetpack or any other self-propulsion device costume pieces, and do they have an effect, for example exhaust, if you were to fly with them? Fucking CO never got that shit down. Ridiculous.
As far as I can tell there is only 3 travel modes, Acrobatics, Superspeed and Flight. Gonna go with Superspeed because you can run up walls apparently which sounds kick ass.
[QUOTE=Supacasey;27465639]Are there any jetpack or any other self-propulsion device costume pieces, and do they have an effect, for example exhaust, if you were to fly with them? Fucking CO never got that shit down. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE] Wings flap, i dont think there are any combustable back pieces however.
Actually I was hallucinating nevermind
Super flight and speed are just faster versions of the normal ones but acrobatics special travel is a rocket powered glider.
[QUOTE=Nohj;27465983]Super flight and speed are just faster versions of the normal ones but acrobatics special travel is a rocket powered glider.[/QUOTE] SNAP. I dunno, running on walls and cielings n shit still sounds a bit more entertaining.
[QUOTE=Supacasey;27465997]SNAP. I dunno, running on walls and cielings n shit still sounds a bit more entertaining.[/QUOTE] running can be glitchy because of all the detail on the buildings but its a ton of fun. I liked to start running on a lamppost and just spin around in a blur because you dont fall off unless you stop moving.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.