• Tribes: Ascend v2: I went slow once and it was awful
    10,204 replies, posted
[QUOTE=jiggu;34771659]Is the shrike supposed to be really fucked up when flying? I tried it for my first time and it was really fucked up, couldn't fly straight nor aim at all.[/QUOTE] It is bugged when your machine can run the game well. For some reason its lot more difficult to control. Also the controls are invert by default :suicide:
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/2s12428.jpg[/img] :v:
i played against sneakbear average at best that guy must have been going slow
People, it is time for shazbot. Join me in a glorious game of tribes. Add me Im Burdmahn
I think this game is almost pay to 2 win with those 100k unlock. Fuck the stealth spinfusor and thumper.
[QUOTE=alx12345;34772175]I think this game is almost pay to 2 win with those 100k unlock. Fuck the stealth spinfusor and thumper.[/QUOTE] In comp play the SMGs are both better. Now the landmines, those are beast.
[QUOTE=alx12345;34772175]I think this game is almost pay to 2 win with those 100k unlock. Fuck the stealth spinfusor and thumper.[/QUOTE] Get owned. [editline]19th February 2012[/editline] Scrub.
[QUOTE=alx12345;34772175]I think this game is almost pay to 2 win with those 100k unlock. Fuck the stealth spinfusor and thumper.[/QUOTE] The thing that people forget is that non of the upgrades can be bought with gold.
[QUOTE=Chirno;34772020]i played against sneakbear average at best that guy must have been going slow[/QUOTE] You played against me? Don't you play on the US servers?
I have bought none of the weapons yet. I plan on getting the stuff for raider and soldier. I don't care for any of the super expensive weapons. My Sentinel is fully unlocked for stock gear, do great each map. Finally realized that the steam overlay allows you to take screenshots fullscreen without being messed up. So much easier to take pictures now.
[QUOTE=FreddiRox!;34770134]My friend was complaining that he couldn't play because missiles from turrets kept hitting him. He wasn't going fast enough[/QUOTE] Going faster makes it easier for base turrets to hit you, actually.
Fuck, Ive been trying to purchase preorder vip all week and I now try putting credit card on a new paypal account and chose 30 day booster instead of VIP, now I don't have money for the preorder vip. fuck dicks.
[QUOTE=Mingebox;34772630]Going faster makes it easier for base turrets to hit you, actually.[/QUOTE] Going fast makes you follow smoother curves, which are easier to follow. Kill the turrets or generator first. Turrets are only a big problem on Bella Nova, they cover most of the base, like they should.
[QUOTE=4RT1LL3RY;34772867]Going fast makes you follow smoother curves, which are easier to follow. Kill the turrets or generator first. Turrets are only a big problem on Bella Nova, they cover most of the base, like they should.[/QUOTE] Really? I found the turrets on Bella Nova to be the easiest to avoid when grabbing.
[QUOTE=Aedus;34772420]You played against me? Don't you play on the US servers?[/QUOTE] He's been "bragging" about sniping on eu servers if I remember right :v:
When I go faster, the base turrets can touch me; You are going too slow
[QUOTE=Askaris;34772945]Really? I found the turrets on Bella Nova to be the easiest to avoid when grabbing.[/QUOTE] Basically, the turret targets by extrapolating from your current velocity and position to determine where you'll be at any given time, and then uses its projectile velocity to determine what position along that time-path will result in a collision between projectile and target. If you're screaming along at 200kph, your ability to change course is fairly limited- the turret can fire at its calculated point, and you have very little time to adjust course sufficiently to dodge it. If you're on the ground, however, and start moving, the turret will fire in front of you, but then it's very easy to jet or reverse direction and have it miss entirely. The faster you're going, the less your course can be altered in a given amount of time. Hence why turrets splatter Pathfinders zipping along in straight lines more than they kill Juggs dancing around on foot.
Turrets are pretty much useless if you're skipping, and it doesn't make you lose any speed from what I can see.
[QUOTE=Crimor;34772953]He's been "bragging" about sniping on eu servers if I remember right :v:[/QUOTE] Weird. The only Sentinel who I've played against that was any good was some dude named "Plipper", if he's him then wow, impressed. But if not then I don't know who he is.
[QUOTE=Aedus;34773082]Weird. The only Sentinel who I've played against that was any good was some dude named "Plipper", if he's him then wow, impressed. But if not then I don't know who he is.[/QUOTE] Nah he's Cirno ingame afaik, thus he's an idiot anyway :v:
[QUOTE=Crimor;34773100]Nah he's Cirno ingame afaik, thus he's an idiot anyway :v:[/QUOTE] Oh well, can't have been that good, otherwise I'd recognise the name. Shamefru dispray.
The game isn't really Pay 2 Win, just hilariously overpriced.
[QUOTE=catbarf;34773022]Basically, the turret targets by extrapolating from your current velocity and position to determine where you'll be at any given time, and then uses its projectile velocity to determine what position along that time-path will result in a collision between projectile and target. If you're screaming along at 200kph, your ability to change course is fairly limited- the turret can fire at its calculated point, and you have very little time to adjust course sufficiently to dodge it. If you're on the ground, however, and start moving, the turret will fire in front of you, but then it's very easy to jet or reverse direction and have it miss entirely. The faster you're going, the less your course can be altered in a given amount of time. Hence why turrets splatter Pathfinders zipping along in straight lines more than they kill Juggs dancing around on foot.[/QUOTE] unless you have the thrust pack thing and/or idiot unclocked infils trying to get into their gen room who distract the turret
Any tips for sentinel (first class i bought)...Sniper rifle has ridiculously low damage and zoom...
[QUOTE=Dummkopfs!;34773377]Any tips for sentinel (first class i bought)...Sniper rifle has ridiculously low damage and zoom...[/QUOTE] move with wasd when aiming for fine aim, it moves a few pixels at a time so you can hit small targets (also you can zoom in with scroll)
[QUOTE=Aedus;34772420]You played against me? Don't you play on the US servers?[/QUOTE] i switch servers when theres no good players in open games on US servers
[QUOTE=Chirno;34774480]i switch servers when theres no good players in open games on US servers[/QUOTE] Chirno is your in-game nick? I'll look out for you, because I honestly don't remember playing with or against you. When was this? Weeks ago?
[QUOTE=Aedus;34774558]Chirno is your in-game nick? I'll look out for you, because I honestly don't remember playing with or against you. When was this? Weeks ago?[/QUOTE] its cirno and i only played against you like 3 times and you were average and it was like 2 weeks ago maybe? idk maybe more?
[QUOTE=Chirno;34774774]its cirno and i only played against you like 3 times and you were average and it was like 2 weeks ago maybe? idk maybe more?[/QUOTE] Don't remember your name at all, sorry. 2 weeks ago I wasn't playing Sentinel much at all, mainly Soldier or Tech. If you remember me sniping 2 weeks ago then it was probably someone else, I've seen a few people with similar names to me "FancyBear" for example.
Should I get brute or raider? I don't really want to go fast as much as I just want to be a force to be reckoned with.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.