• Tribes: Ascend v2: I went slow once and it was awful
    10,204 replies, posted
I wish I could play Tribes: Ascend, but every time someone says a voice command, my game crashes. shazbot :(
[QUOTE=Omilinon;34785579]I wish I could play Tribes: Ascend, but every time someone says a voice command, my game crashes. shazbot :([/QUOTE] Aww... that's too bad.
[QUOTE=Omilinon;34785579]I wish I could play Tribes: Ascend, but every time someone says a voice command, my game crashes. shazbot :([/QUOTE] Well you're basically screwed.
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34781376]What really annoys me is when 3 of them are waiting by your destroyed generator for you.[/QUOTE] What really annoys me if I am one of those 3, then a single enemy walks in the room and fires three spinfusors and kills everyone. Because the invisibility isn't good at all.
[QUOTE=joost1120;34785681]What really annoys me if I am one of those 3, then a single enemy walks in the room and fires three spinfusors and kills everyone. Because the invisibility isn't good at all.[/QUOTE] ummm what
Infiltrators.
can someone explain me how does one earn No Joy medal?
I really hate playing heavy classes, they're so dull
[QUOTE=Roxerg;34785887]can someone explain me how does one earn No Joy medal?[/QUOTE] Killing an enemy who has a kill streak.
Just got the best e-grab/gotta go fast/ blue plate/ speed cap.... and I forgot to turn on fraps :saddowns: [editline]20th February 2012[/editline] I blueplated the enemy carrier going 195 sanics, returned the flag midair, got the enemy flag, and capped it completely undisputed. :(
Can you buy the VIP pack again? As in getting the 3k gold and another 30 day boost but of course not a double VIP account.
As a joke I double tapped Q 720 spin turn on Jetpack, aim in and shoot. After 10 attempts I got a kill, but my fraps didn't catch it :(
[url=http://rule34-data-001.paheal.net/_images/1e086261cff4672965cdc19cb208aee1/787766%20-%20Noill%20Tribes%20Tribes_Ascend%20tagme.png]Probably NSFW[/url]
Holy crap, I just reinstalled this since it's gotten really popular suddenly, and wow, the game looks completely different now, and the menu is a million times better than it was in the alpha. They're really making some serious progress.
oh great funion isn't here, can someone tell me what the pros, the cons and the general purpose of both raider and brute are?
Raiders are quicker but have lower health, also their grenades violate generators hardcore. Brutes are slower but more hp(duh) and are weaker towards generators, however their fractal grenades violates all light/medium armored sandrakers in the room.
[QUOTE=G-foxisus;34784968]Also, why isn't this in the OP? [thumb]http://bbq.to/1329738009886_d198.png[/thumb][/QUOTE] Because it lists jumper and scrambler as playable classes. [t]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5636656/098.png[/t] Current version.
Also I need the blood eagle logo on a HD wallpaper.
[QUOTE=jiggu;34786604]Raiders are quicker but have lower health, also their grenades violate generators hardcore. Brutes are slower but more hp(duh) and are weaker towards generators, however their fractal grenades violates all light/medium armored sandrakers in the room.[/QUOTE] Fractals are basically useless past rank 10. Everyone knows how to deal with it. The counter to mass Techs on the flag is a single Sentinel with good aim using the Nova Blaster. You can take out 5 turrets in a clip, 3 shots to kill them, and you can fire 3 shots a second. I have killed all of the light turret on the enemy flag area in Bella Nova in under 10 seconds, along with a force field, and 2 drop hammers. I wish that got me credits. After they came after me, before I could be hit I respawned so I could do it again from a different positiion. I made 3 techs go rage Infiltrator.
[QUOTE=Zinayzen;34782371]They need to be adjusted to more of a defensive/support class. Here's what I suggest: 1. Make turrets do negligible damage (10 or so) but have each shot give mild knockback, so extended exposure will knock you way off course. This will mean they'll actually need to be taken out before Pathfinders can grab the flag and get out, encouraging teamwork. 2. Stop with them being inexplicably tied to generators. That's just weird and annoying, plus it doesn't make sense. They're deployable turrets, they shouldn't be tied to generator power. Forcefields still should be though. Techs should be useful as defense when the generator is down, although I have a feeling the turrets are tied to generator power to encourage techs repairing generators and stuff. 3. Give Soldier the big Thumper, give Techs the Thumper DX. The machine gun (even though I love it) isn't great compared to the soldier's weapons, and really techs shouldn't be chasing anyone or fighting at range, which means the Thumper is better suited for close quarters or indoors, which is basically where the Tech should be at any given time. 4. Techs should be able to give armor packs/buffs to allies, maybe in exchange for grenades. Encourages further teamwork, allows tech to play defensively while others fight.[/QUOTE] So you want Techs to have worse weapons, AND have turrets that are impossible to kill anything with? Yes, the turrets would be handy for defending the flag, but the Doombringer does that even more effectively (hard blocked instead of knocked slightly off course, which could still allow a grab) and doesn't have to be useless as a combatant. I really don't understand this Technician hate. I get more kills as a Soldier because the Spinfusor is better than the Thumper in nearly every way. Turrets are easy to blow up or circumvent entirely. Repairing is nice, but right now the base structures aren't terribly useful and take far longer to repair than to destroy. And take out the generator, and the Technician is reduced to a Soldier with a lot less energy and only one short-ranged weapon. This isn't like Team Fortress 2 where the Engineer supports the sentry and so is poorly armed because the sentry does all the work, in Tribes the sentry supports the Tech. I think a lot of the hate directed at the Thumper is because people expect a Tech to be an easy kill and then are surprised when he can hold his own, a notion that is reinforced by the default weapon (the SMG) being terrible. If the Thumper ends up being nerfed to the level of the SMG, the Tech will have to be seriously boosted in other areas, because it will effectively render him a noncombatant. As it stands, neither the turrets nor his repair ability contribute enough to the team for him to be able to sit out of combat and still be useful.
The only people I see bitching about the tech are people who think it should be a support class. It's not a support class, it's a combat class. All classes are combat classes. Also the people who think they can solo the flag/generator. This is a team game, you can't be an epic winner on your own. Stop bitching about the thumper and start bitching about that god damn stealth spinfusor, the MIRV and the fractal grenades.
[QUOTE=Zinayzen;34782371]They need to be adjusted to more of a defensive/support class. Here's what I suggest: 1. Make turrets do negligible damage (10 or so) but have each shot give mild knockback, so extended exposure will knock you way off course. This will mean they'll actually need to be taken out before Pathfinders can grab the flag and get out, encouraging teamwork. 2. Stop with them being inexplicably tied to generators. That's just weird and annoying, plus it doesn't make sense. They're deployable turrets, they shouldn't be tied to generator power. Forcefields still should be though. Techs should be useful as defense when the generator is down, although I have a feeling the turrets are tied to generator power to encourage techs repairing generators and stuff.[/QUOTE] 1 would limit turrets to flag defense and pathfinder interdiction only. 2 would make generators less important, which is an error. The gen is supposed to be the most important, second only to the flag itself. Making it less important means even less people will take care of it. You want your turrets to work? do your damn job and keep the gen running, tech.
somethign w kill bitches
I'd like a canyon map or valley map so there is two to four very big hills but a majority of the map is baron.
[QUOTE=4RT1LL3RY;34786678]Fractals are basically useless past rank 10. Everyone knows how to deal with it. The counter to mass Techs on the flag is a single Sentinel with good aim using the Nova Blaster. You can take out 5 turrets in a clip, 3 shots to kill them, and you can fire 3 shots a second. I have killed all of the light turret on the enemy flag area in Bella Nova in under 10 seconds, along with a force field, and 2 drop hammers. I wish that got me credits. After they came after me, before I could be hit I respawned so I could do it again from a different positiion. I made 3 techs go rage Infiltrator.[/QUOTE] I agree that fractals are easy to deal with, but when you catch people in them they're fucked.
Just got done with the most intense match. I was playing Butchers against the Sandrakers. They started off with a lead of 3-0 in the first 10 or so minutes, but within the course of the next 10 we balanced it up to 4-4. For the next 4 minutes STRAIGHT we were both denying the flag from the other. In the last 30 seconds of the game, a CERTAIN SOMEONE grabbed the Sworder flag and made it back to our base with it and WON. He got the Olympian accolade at the end of the game. Random fact about that game: Jonni was in that game. He is the admin of [url]www.spinfusor.org[/url]. Sadly, he was playing a sworder and raped our generator as an Infiltrator.
[QUOTE=Catdaemon;34786802]Stop bitching about the thumper and start bitching about that god damn stealth spinfusor, the MIRV and the fractal grenades.[/QUOTE] This. I'd add that something's up with sticky grenades- their blast radius is huge, and since it's pretty easy to pinpoint the throw, as opposed to regular grenades that bounce everywhere, so three tossed in a wide pattern is near-impossible to avoid.
[IMG]http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/a_mutant_hobo/2012-02-20_00001.jpg[/IMG]
[QUOTE=Aedus;34780141][video=youtube;GSObdFHGwoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSObdFHGwoA[/video] Holy shit I'm laughing so much, could be that it's 2:30am though and I've lost the plot.[/QUOTE] [t]http://i.imgur.com/GeJJ2.jpg[/t] vvd
ITT: Kids who can't afford shit and use this thread as an outlet for their moneyless-induced rage.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.