• Tribes: Ascend v2: I went slow once and it was awful
    10,204 replies, posted
I had an awesome moment earlier today on Arx Novena. I was a juggernaut on my way to attack the enemy base as I saw an enemy flag carrier in the distance. He wasn't going very fast, but as a juggernaut I had no chance of catching up to him and killing him. He was about to cap our flag, so I did the logical thing, I called in an orbital strike right on their flag stand as he was approaching it, and it worked :v: He died and before anyone else could cap our flag, I was already at their base, killed someone else who grabbed the flag, then we managed to return it.
2nd montage, with shit editing (Sorry!): [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lULeNO7RBM[/url] Going to get Sony Vegas now I think, WMM is awful to use. Also wanna make a montage with more classes, I'm gutted I didn't record getting 3 air mails in 3 shots on my Doombringer :suicide:
Anyone need a code?
[QUOTE=The very best;34800148][img]http://oi41.tinypic.com/28k564g.jpg[/img] Fun game, me and friend walked the enemy flag all the way from their base to ours, not skiing or jetpacking. just walking[/QUOTE] did you went warpspeed in the background?
[QUOTE=Techbot;34802714]did you went warpspeed in the background?[/QUOTE] I went 88 sanics per hour.
Horay, 20 GLOD from being able to buy anything.
Still can't decide, rate zing for raider, artistic for brute.
[QUOTE=gregmasterx;34803030]Still can't decide, rate zing for raider, artistic for brute.[/QUOTE] All the 9 classes are all pretty unique. We can't choose for you, it all depends on what you like doing ingame.
[QUOTE=The very best;34803048]All the 9 classes are all pretty unique. We can't choose for you, it all depends on what you like doing ingame.[/QUOTE] I would choose a class based on their purpose and usefulness, but last time I asked for those things I only got one reply. Therefore, I thought it would be better to use the ratings, so that I can see what a larger amount of people would choose.
[QUOTE=gregmasterx;34803499]I would choose a class based on their purpose and usefulness, but last time I asked for those things I only got one reply. Therefore, I thought it would be better to use the ratings, so that I can see what a larger amount of people would choose.[/QUOTE] Take the raider, he may be harder to play than the brute, but very effective and fun when you become more experienced with him.
the only class I play on katabatic is sentinel the wide open areas where the enemy will always be is second only to arx novena also place 3 claymores on flag huehuehue gg
[QUOTE=papaya;34803569]the only class I play on katabatic is sentinel the wide open areas where the enemy will always be is second only to arx novena also place 3 claymores on flag huehuehue gg[/QUOTE] Get max safety third = 4 claymores dohohoh.
[QUOTE=Kaelazun;34803667]Get max safety third = 4 claymores dohohoh.[/QUOTE] 4 claymores and two light turrets, bro. See the bullet ridden asplosions of those enemies from a mile away.
[QUOTE=Sucaru67;34804099]4 claymores and two light turrets, bro. See the bullet ridden asplosions of those enemies from a mile away.[/QUOTE] "our generator is down!" and a pathfinder going 300 SANICS instantly behind him when the bombs explode.
Wow, I played a game as a jugg where I got 6 kills. 5 of those were extremely well-aimed enemy FC kills. One was when he was 20 meters up in the air and I hit him directly with it, several others were when he was about to cap our flag and I killed him a split second before.
dunno if it's crossfire only but I glitched the inventory station by skiing into it as someone was leaving. I got stuck on it and my sanics gradually increased as I remained stationary. At around 600 it released me, slingshotting me straight into the wall and killing me. TOO FAST
[QUOTE=-nesto-;34804749]dunno if it's crossfire only but I glitched the inventory station by skiing into it as someone was leaving. I got stuck on it and my sanics gradually increased as I remained stationary. At around 600 it released me, slingshotting me straight into the wall and killing me. TOO FAST[/QUOTE] go faster [editline]21st February 2012[/editline] Can you report someone for using bugs to their advantage?
FUCK YEAH paypal verified HERE I COME THUMPER WHEE edit: just kidding i still need to wait 3-5 business days :(
Been playing this beta for about a week now and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $30 preorder. I absolutely love the game and I'm really considering it but it seems a bit much.
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34805367]Been playing this beta for about a week now and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $30 preorder. I absolutely love the game and I'm really considering it but it seems a bit much.[/QUOTE] soul calibur v cost me $60 bucks and i've played it 1/4th as long as i've played tribes think about it in those terms and it becomes more worth it hell, this game will be around for a while. i say it's worth it, the money:time spent enjoying the game ratio is high enough.
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34805367]Been playing this beta for about a week now and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $30 preorder. I absolutely love the game and I'm really considering it but it seems a bit much.[/QUOTE] I've had more enjoyment out of Tribes than I have had out $60 games.
Same here. I've spent 10$ on the thumper and I'd say it's worth it.
I would never buy anything in a beta even if that fuckin MIRV is tempting me
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34805367]Been playing this beta for about a week now and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $30 preorder. I absolutely love the game and I'm really considering it but it seems a bit much.[/QUOTE] Well worth the price IMO, I've played more of tribes than I have of a shitload of 60$ games COMBINED.
And why when I try to launch it from Steam does a notification come up saying "You have run the game from an old Hi-Command shortcut..."? It still launches and plays normally. Does the notification mean anything?
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34805901]And why when I try to launch it from Steam does a notification come up saying "You have run the game from an old Hi-Command shortcut..."? It still launches and plays normally. Does the notification mean anything?[/QUOTE] Wasn't there a guy that go banned because the game thought he was using third party programs that gave him an unfair advantage although it was only the steam overlay? Yeah, I'd be careful about that.
[QUOTE=Aedus;34802525]2nd montage, with shit editing (Sorry!): [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lULeNO7RBM[/url] Going to get Sony Vegas now I think, WMM is awful to use. Also wanna make a montage with more classes, I'm gutted I didn't record getting 3 air mails in 3 shots on my Doombringer :suicide:[/QUOTE] Your aim with the Falcon made me so sad. It also makes it obvious why most people prefer it to the Nova Blaster. I have found something awesome to do recently on crossfire. As a sentinel with drop hammers, place them in the enemy base to cover all of it, just like you would in your base. It made the enemy so angry, they though there was a cloaked scrambler somewhere. It was awesome. It also made all the Techs confused as hell as to why their turrets weren't working.
[QUOTE=-nesto-;34805831]I would never buy anything in a beta even if that fuckin MIRV is tempting me[/QUOTE] You keep everything you've earned from the beta in 1.0+, and if they make any major changes to a weapon they refund you. then you can decide if you want to rebuy it.
[QUOTE=Raizo;34805931]Wasn't there a guy that go banned because the game thought he was using third party programs that gave him an unfair advantage although it was only the steam overlay? Yeah, I'd be careful about that.[/QUOTE] Gee, thanks for the paranoia. [editline]21st February 2012[/editline] There's no way in hell they could possibly think I'm getting an unfair advantage. My KD is 1:1 at best and I average maybe 400 exp per match.
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34805901]And why when I try to launch it from Steam does a notification come up saying "You have run the game from an old Hi-Command shortcut..."? It still launches and plays normally. Does the notification mean anything?[/QUOTE] It's due to it changing its launcher file, it doesn't do anything but you can direct it to the new file and it won't say it anymore.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.