• Tribes: Ascend v2: I went slow once and it was awful
    10,204 replies, posted
[QUOTE=4RT1LL3RY;34805984]Your aim with the Falcon made me so sad. It also makes it obvious why most people prefer it to the Nova Blaster.[/QUOTE] It's a pain in the ass to lead shots with since it shoots so fast. I find it much easier with the assault rifle. It's likely to get a nerf anyway, way too good up close.
k so, i preorded the game, finished getting 100% on sentinel and have been using the phase rifle... they REALLY REALLY need to fix the double shot bug(assuming its a bug). while its hilarious to kill a pathfinder in 1 second with 2 510 damage shots, its pretty unfair. not to mention 2 510 damage shots, pause, 2 400+ damage shots on a heavy is hilariously OP. though instagibbing(basically) stationary snipers is hilarious. 90% of them dont have the reaction time to move before the second deadly shot dont think i would still be playing this game if people didnt get mad as fuck when i play sentinel
Wait how do you do the doubleshot?
[QUOTE=Chirno;34806324]k so, i preorded the game, finished getting 100% on sentinel and have been using the phase rifle... they REALLY REALLY need to fix the double shot bug(assuming its a bug). while its hilarious to kill a pathfinder in 1 second with 2 510 damage shots, its pretty unfair. not to mention 2 510 damage shots, pause, 2 400+ damage shots on a heavy is hilariously OP. though instagibbing(basically) stationary snipers is hilarious. 90% of them dont have the reaction time to move before the second deadly shot dont think i would still be playing this game if people didnt get mad as fuck when i play sentinel[/QUOTE] It's defo a bug. It's kinda of hard to pull off at times, have to time your 2nd shot perfectly. Not sure if they're even aware of it.
[QUOTE=Aedus;34806525]It's defo a bug. It's kinda of hard to pull off at times, have to time your 2nd shot perfectly. Not sure if they're even aware of it.[/QUOTE] i can do it consistently now, but not so consistent on very fast moving cappers [editline]21st February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Crimor;34806522]Wait how do you do the doubleshot?[/QUOTE] basically after you fire the phaserifle, there is a window that you can fire again shortly after and it will do the same damage as the previous shot and it will also not take energy
Got the 800Gold package so I could get the VIP. :v: Nothing I wanted to spend it on so I went for the Heavy Bolt Launcher. Holy shit, I'm in love.
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34805901]And why when I try to launch it from Steam does a notification come up saying "You have run the game from an old Hi-Command shortcut..."? It still launches and plays normally. Does the notification mean anything?[/QUOTE] You have to make a shortcut exactly like the one the installer creates if you don't want to get that message constantly. I just copied the target from that shortcut to the steam one, in my case it's [QUOTE]"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezLauncherUI.exe" game=200 product=10[/QUOTE]
I got 14000 exp, wat do, collect more for Raider or buy Doombringer? I'm mostly playing on defense and Doombringer is a defensive class, but Raider seems oh so fun... Which one helps the team more?
[QUOTE=The golden;34806616]Got the 800Gold package so I could get the VIP. :v: Nothing I wanted to spend it on so I went for the Heavy Bolt Launcher. Holy shit, I'm in love.[/QUOTE] should have gotten a 10 day booster imo
[QUOTE=Chirno;34806744]should have gotten a 10 day booster imo[/QUOTE] Does that come with VIP too?
[QUOTE=Raizo;34805931]Wasn't there a guy that go banned because the game thought he was using third party programs that gave him an unfair advantage although it was only the steam overlay? Yeah, I'd be careful about that.[/QUOTE] A dev said on the forums that nobody is getting banned for using the steam overlay
Although I haven't played the game a huge amount I've fallen in love with it. As asked above is it any purchase that gets you VIP because then I'd get the xp booster.
[QUOTE=The golden;34806756]Does that come with VIP too?[/QUOTE] the 800 gold can buy a 10 day booster so you got the VIP from the gold already [editline]21st February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Exilion06;34806856]Although I haven't played the game a huge amount I've fallen in love with it. As asked above is it any purchase that gets you VIP because then I'd get the xp booster.[/QUOTE] your first real money purchase gets you VIP
What's the difference in buying VIP and preordering the game?
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;34807197]What's the difference in buying VIP and preordering the game?[/QUOTE] Pre-order is instant beta access, 3000 gold and the vip xp bonus.
[QUOTE=Ripper Roo;34806738]I got 14000 exp, wat do, collect more for Raider or buy Doombringer? I'm mostly playing on defense and Doombringer is a defensive class, but Raider seems oh so fun... Which one helps the team more?[/QUOTE] I'd get the raider. Storming a gen room with 2 buddies that are being jammed by you really throws most players off and they have no idea what the fuck is going on.
[QUOTE=Chirno;34806324]k so, i preorded the game, finished getting 100% on sentinel and have been using the phase rifle... they REALLY REALLY need to fix the double shot bug(assuming its a bug). while its hilarious to kill a pathfinder in 1 second with 2 510 damage shots, its pretty unfair. not to mention 2 510 damage shots, pause, 2 400+ damage shots on a heavy is hilariously OP. though instagibbing(basically) stationary snipers is hilarious. 90% of them dont have the reaction time to move before the second deadly shot dont think i would still be playing this game if people didnt get mad as fuck when i play sentinel[/QUOTE] I thought one of the patch notes said they fixed that bug? Anyway it's pretty pathetic that you'd abuse something like that, might as well just use an aimbot or some other unfair advantage, just IMO.
[QUOTE=comet1337;34800036]the enemy flag hates your team. and it wanted to go FAST![/QUOTE] [video=youtube;gmp0RyHQ1DM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmp0RyHQ1DM[/video] 4:30 or so
[QUOTE=-nesto-;34807296]I'd get the raider. Storming a gen room with 2 buddies that are being jammed by you really throws most players off and they have no idea what the fuck is going on.[/QUOTE] I guess I will, many people in game are saying Doombringer is useless and UP at the moment.
[QUOTE=krail9;34807394]I thought one of the patch notes said they fixed that bug?[/QUOTE] they did "fix" it, you used to just be able to hold down the button and every shot would be the same damage as the first shot [QUOTE=krail9;34807394]Anyway it's pretty pathetic that you'd abuse something like that, might as well just use an aimbot or some other unfair advantage, just IMO.[/QUOTE] "abusing" a bug is far from using an aimbot youre an idiot
[QUOTE=ViralHatred;34807233]Pre-order is instant beta access, 3000 gold and the vip xp bonus.[/QUOTE] But I already have beta access from liking the Facebook page? Or am I misunderstanding something?
[QUOTE=Chirno;34807504] "abusing" a bug is far from using an aimbot youre an idiot[/QUOTE] Both are using the game in a way it was not meant to be used in order to give yourself a unfair and unnatural advantage.
[QUOTE=Chirno;34807504]"abusing" a bug is far from using an aimbot youre an idiot[/QUOTE] Because the unfair advantage you gain over other players is ok? No need to get aggressive I said it was my opinion.
Played a lot of Rabbit for the first time today, really fun once you get your hands on the flag for longer than 2 seconds.
So I spectated some matches the last few days, recorded some of the action and put it all in a video, this was the result: [video=youtube;ioSmfoLp2Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioSmfoLp2Vg[/video] I couldn't hold the mouse steady at times, so the camerawork is a bit wonky sometimes :v:
[QUOTE=CJay;34808253]So I spectated some matches the last few days, recorded some of the action and put it all in a video, this was the result: [video=youtube;ioSmfoLp2Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioSmfoLp2Vg[/video] I couldn't hold the mouse steady at times, so the camerawork is a bit wonky sometimes :v:[/QUOTE] way, way too much ~dramatic panning~
[QUOTE=Kinglah Crab;34808366]way, way too much ~dramatic panning~[/QUOTE] sorry :c
[QUOTE=CJay;34808253]So I spectated some matches the last few days, recorded some of the action and put it all in a video, this was the result: [video=youtube;ioSmfoLp2Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioSmfoLp2Vg[/video] I couldn't hold the mouse steady at times, so the camerawork is a bit wonky sometimes :v:[/QUOTE] Is there a tutorial or something for using commands in offline practice?
Anyone wanna play? Pathfinder here.
[QUOTE=The golden;34807738]Both are using the game in a way it was not meant to be used in order to give yourself a unfair and unnatural advantage.[/QUOTE] except with an aimbot i dont do anything but press fire(or use the autofire option) but this bug requires me to actually aim AND time the 2 shots perfectly while it maybe "unfair" its not even remotely close to an aimbot
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.