• Tribes: Ascend v2: I went slow once and it was awful
    10,204 replies, posted
The game was better when nobody used shrikes. Luckily I've just unlocked Doomfat, so suck on my big red rocket shrikerakers! :zoid:
I use shrikes to give me an extra boost back to my base
[QUOTE=Foogooman;34859797]I use shrikes to give me an extra boost back to my base[/QUOTE] I use Shrikes to be a [B]massive douchebag[/B] to enemy cappers.
[QUOTE=Raidyr;34860193]I use Shrikes to be a [B]massive douchebag[/B] to enemy cappers.[/QUOTE] please die or just uninstall the game either is fine
[QUOTE=krail9;34860214]please die or just uninstall the game either is fine[/QUOTE] I love the sound of gibs bouncing across the hull.
worlds longest game ever, I had 40 kills, a shitton of points (40k in total) and at the very end. right before the XP thing comes up, the server crashes. Do I still get XP for that/bonus XP?
If the server reports the round, yes. AFAIK, you are given the XP from a round you left as soon as the round ends on the server If it was indeed a server-side crash then probably not.
[QUOTE=Aedus;34856387]Mass = How much explosives knock you away. Super heavy means more mass so you move less when you get hit by explosives Pathfinder -10% mass means when you Nitron boost it sends you further and faster.[/QUOTE] It also means it will be easier to turn in the air, I'm not sure how the thrust pack works but it may also increase the effect on that. [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4g0Zw.gif[/IMG] I hadn't noticed the raider animation thingy in the modification menu.
[QUOTE=The very best;34857530]What do you use to record and be able to play smoothly at the same time?[/QUOTE] Fraps. It's not really smooth tbh, it nearly halves my frame rate and gives me huge slow downs in some points which makes it a pain in the ass to aim.
It boils down to two choices when recording, Fraps which you need a beast of a PC to power through or Dxtory in which you need spare internal hardrives by the shitton (Or a separate SSD/ drive Specifically for recording) DXtory is best for recording shit as it doesn't effect your FPS, but you generally need to buy new hardware.
This game isn't very fun anymore. 25 minute matches that end with one team beating the other 2-1. No one wants to attack. Way too defense oriented, I think I'm done for awhile or until they incentivize offense. It's just boring.
[QUOTE=Raidyr;34861526]This game isn't very fun anymore. 25 minute matches that end with one team beating the other 2-1. No one wants to attack. Way too defense oriented, I think I'm done for awhile or until they incentivize offense. It's just boring.[/QUOTE] This rarely happens for me.
[QUOTE=jiggu;34861549]This rarely happens for me.[/QUOTE] Its 9/10 games for me and it's seriously killing any desire I have to play. Going into open beta is only going to make it worse.
[QUOTE=Raidyr;34861574]Its 9/10 games for me and it's seriously killing any desire I have to play. Going into open beta is only going to make it worse.[/QUOTE] Strange, it happens every now and then but not that often for me. It did just happen though, couldnt breach the enemy defenses and I was pretty much alone so I just ran around as raider and pissed people off.
[QUOTE=Raidyr;34861526]This game isn't very fun anymore. 25 minute matches that end with one team beating the other 2-1. No one wants to attack. Way too defense oriented, I think I'm done for awhile or until they incentivize offense. It's just boring.[/QUOTE] Get on chat with a few friends, organize runs into their base and murder everything Makes the game a lot more fun [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=TheHypnotoad;34861510]It boils down to two choices when recording, Fraps which you need a beast of a PC to power through or Dxtory in which you need spare internal hardrives by the shitton (Or a separate SSD/ drive Specifically for recording) DXtory is best for recording shit as it doesn't effect your FPS, but you generally need to buy new hardware.[/QUOTE] I've tried DXtory, but I dunno, the quality seems a little dodgy sometimes, and the interface of it seems clunky as hell.
What this game needs is a built-in recorder that lets you go and record later when you get those out-of-the-blue kill streaks or crazy shots. Halo 3 has something of the sort that works very nicely.
Got an enemy stuck in the roof nicely but I forgot to take pictures, his body was hanging from the ceiling.
[QUOTE=catbarf;34861791]What this game needs is a built-in recorder that lets you go and record later when you get those out-of-the-blue kill streaks or crazy shots. Halo 3 has something of the sort that works very nicely.[/QUOTE] This, I'm really hoping they add this in.
[QUOTE=TheHypnotoad;34861510]It boils down to two choices when recording, Fraps which you need a beast of a PC to power through or Dxtory in which you need spare internal hardrives by the shitton (Or a separate SSD/ drive Specifically for recording) DXtory is best for recording shit as it doesn't effect your FPS, but you generally need to buy new hardware.[/QUOTE] fraps doesnt affect my fps either. With recording programs you just have to record to a different hard drive than the game is installed to.
[QUOTE=Skwee;34861898]fraps doesnt affect my fps either. With recording programs you just have to record to a different hard drive than the game is installed to.[/QUOTE] Yeah, mine was all done on the same HDD, since my old 1 is ancient and made it lag even more. That's why I get such massive slow-downs at some points. I really want an SSD.
[QUOTE=iLife_Aftermath;34855121]Sometimes i hit random "bumps" in the ground and it sends me flying straight up or to the side extremely frustrating as i cant even see them, even though i'm looking at the direction im going[/QUOTE] I mentioned this in the beta survey last year. Apparently they were too busy making the sandrakers pretty.
7600XP atm. Really regret i used XP to upgrade my stuff earlier on, need 18k to unlock the raider.
The XP boost seems really weird, now it only gives me an additional 100% xp but if I get first win of the day it gives +200%.
I have come to the conclusion that the Hi-Rez launcher isn't actually broken, it's just having PMS.
The new map is cool and all for pathfinders, but it's fucking horrible otherwise. Gen is either protected by no one, but if you try to defend there's at least 3 juggernauts down there mirv'ing everything. OR 5 techs with motion sensors and thumpers are defending, making it impossible to destroy.
[QUOTE=jiggu;34861307][editline]25th February 2012[/editline] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4g0Zw.gif[/IMG] I hadn't noticed the raider animation thingy in the modification menu.[/QUOTE] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5rVHM.gif[/IMG]
[QUOTE=iLife_Aftermath;34863313]The new map is cool and all for pathfinders, but it's fucking horrible otherwise. Gen is either protected by no one, but if you try to defend there's at least 3 juggernauts down there mirv'ing everything. OR 5 techs with motion sensors and thumpers are defending, making it impossible to destroy.[/QUOTE] I do find the Gen room very easy to attack, plenty of open space to fly around so don't have much trouble with defenders. If people are guarding up top and have turrets, you sit at the bottom of the slide and throw like 3-4 stickies and shoot the Gen once after to take it down. I also hide down the side of the slide so nobody finds me. :v:
Why is thread slow like juggernaut?
[QUOTE=gregmasterx;34864020]Why is thread slow like juggernaut?[/QUOTE] Funion induced a juggerbro virus, now everyone here are juggernauts. [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] But I'm a sexy raider though.
[QUOTE=jiggu;34864292]Funion induced a juggerbro virus, now everyone here are juggernauts. [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] But I'm a sexy raider though.[/QUOTE] I'm no damn jug, that would break my main rule... to go fast. pathfinder4lyfe~ [QUOTE=CorporalRoss;34864572]fuck pathfinders thumper wars![/QUOTE] I sense slowness through your post.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.