• Tribes: Ascend v2: I went slow once and it was awful
    10,204 replies, posted
hahaha, the plasma rifle does the same damage as the arx, but no delay, larger mag and bigger projectile.
[QUOTE=Takuat;35687778]Tip for when this comes out- Don't rush to buy them, wait until they've been given appropriate adjustments the day after and see if they're still worth it.[/QUOTE] But I have 800k excess xp to spend.
I think the skins are horrible and the guns are overpowered. Then again, I didn't have to watch the video to know that. Woo hoo Hi-Rez, this is going to remind me of TF2 where the updates were wonderful at first, but it all became too much and ruined the experience after a while.. Hi-Rez will reach this point far sooner judging by those awful skins
You guys are over-reacting. The plasma cannon does less damage than the light spinfusor. The plasma rifle is gonna have lower DPS than any other rifle meaning you're gonna hit them a lot less than they hit you if they also have a rifle. Two shots from the Sparrow (Raider's other rifle) does 60 damage more than 1 shot from the plasma rifle and it the time the PR can fire one shot the Sparrow can probably fire 3. And those grenades looks like they do piss poor damage and are mostly good for disorientating the enemy. [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=adamhari25;35689211]I think the skins are horrible and the guns are overpowered. Then again, I didn't have to watch the video to know that. Woo hoo Hi-Rez, this is going to remind me of TF2 where the updates were wonderful at first, but it all became too much and ruined the experience after a while.. Hi-Rez will reach this point far sooner judging by those awful skins[/QUOTE] If anyone is going to ruin the experience it's pessimistic cry babies who complain every time a patch comes out because they assume everything is overpowered and that Hi-Rez won't balance it. So far Hi-Rez has done a great job of balancing the game and meeting the desires of the players.
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35689239]You guys are over-reacting. The plasma cannon does less damage than the light spinfusor. The plasma rifle is gonna have lower DPS than any other rifle meaning you're gonna hit them a lot less than they hit you if they also have a rifle. Two shots from the Sparrow (Raider's other rifle) does 60 damage more than 1 shot from the plasma rifle and it the time the PR can fire one shot the Sparrow can probably fire 3. And those grenades looks like they do piss poor damage and are mostly good for disorientating the enemy.[/QUOTE] The plasma cannon is does 500 damage a shot, high rate of fire, 8 shots, no drop, explodes on impact. They can fire one spinfusor shot while you fire like three. [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] I'm sure they'll be nerfed before it comes out, but look at the jackal. That's [I]still[/I] overpowered.
Just wait until they upgrade the tech. (If they ever do :( ) Electro-paralysis traps all over the flag stand and generator room while artillery turrets shell them from about 5 feet away. That might be awesome though, they would be able to compete.
[QUOTE=Teh Zip File;35689318]The plasma cannon is does 500 damage a shot, high rate of fire, 8 shots, no drop, explodes on impact. They can fire one spinfusor shot while you fire like three. [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] I'm sure they'll be nerfed before it comes out, but look at the jackal. That's [I]still[/I] overpowered.[/QUOTE] We'll see how it plays out, it may need a nerf. The jackal is fine, it's just more tactically useful than most weapons. If you know how to counter it it's really not OP. If you blunder around and fall into traps like a dumbass then yeah you're gonna feel it's OP. Thumpher techs, juggs and raider are still a big problem for Infs. And people only think it's OP because for some reason they think infiltrators shouldn't be able to kill things like every other class can.
I 'm not sure about the plasma cannon and the NJ5-B, but those grenades, I must get them [QUOTE==DarkStar=;35688189]I bet in the future they will inplement the old Raider skin back. But cmon the Griever skin is cool unlike the asassin and the mercenary.[/QUOTE] I like griever's armor, but the lack of a helmet killed my boner The mercenary skin looks like your generic military green armor space marine
VGW a new update! .... for a class..... that I never play.
Hirez should stop the "one class" updates and do a big, general one. People play the class to death, making it harder for people on the receiving end of the new guns.
They should add atleast ONE weapon for each armor type, for example: Raid and Pillage Update = 2 skins for raider, 2 weapons for Raider, 1 weapon for Brute, 1 weapon for Pathfinder, 1 new granade for the three. Or something on those lines.
[QUOTE=little.sparrow;35689479]Hirez should stop the "one class" updates and do a big, general one. People play the class to death, making it harder for people on the receiving end of the new guns.[/QUOTE] I would like two or three classes getting new wepaons each update And come on, least make the armor of the skins team colored.
So, anyone mind listing the common abbreviations people use in chat and what they mean? I've picked up HoF after asking because one person kept saying we needed one one round. What are the others?
rape & pillage update
[QUOTE=Guillebon;35689556]They should add atleast ONE weapon for each armor type, for example: Raid and Pillage Update = 2 skins for raider, 2 weapons for Raider, 1 weapon for Brute, 1 weapon for Pathfinder, 1 new granade for the three. Or something on those lines.[/QUOTE] When I heard "raid and pillage" I expected both, the raider and brute getting new stuff, because the brute is also good at base rape [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Rhenae;35689596]So, anyone mind listing the common abbreviations people use in chat and what they mean? I've picked up HoF after asking because one person kept saying we needed one one round. What are the others?[/QUOTE] B2F: Back to front cap route F2B: front to back cap route EFC: Enemy Flac Carrier
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35689439]We'll see how it plays out, it may need a nerf. The jackal is fine, it's just more tactically useful than most weapons. If you know how to counter it it's really not OP. If you blunder around and fall into traps like a dumbass then yeah you're gonna feel it's OP. Thumpher techs, juggs and raider are still a big problem for Infs. And people only think it's OP because for some reason they think infiltrators shouldn't be able to kill things like every other class can.[/QUOTE] I never see them set traps with it. They usually just cloak, run up to you, shoot three shots and then explode them, which deals enough damage to insta-kill lights and mediums. It's also completely better than the stealth spinfusor - I never see infiltrators using that.
Didn't we all go through the same shit with the cloak and dagger shit? Christ just because the player in the video is doing well doesn't mean the weapon is spastically overpowered. [editline]24th April 2012[/editline] (and who gives a fuck about skins)
[QUOTE=Teh Zip File;35689629]I never see them set traps with it. They usually just cloak, run up to you, shoot three shots and then explode them, which deals enough damage to insta-kill lights and mediums. It's also completely better than the stealth spinfusor - I never see infiltrators using that.[/QUOTE] When I say traps I don't just mean jackal bombs placed on a doorway waiting for someone to walk through. I mean tactical traps like standing still while repairing the gen or not setting up motion sensors or having a raider with a jammer pack repair the gen. As always, infiltrators are most deadly when they have use of stealth and can get into the gen room undetected. Take that away from them and they're less deadly than other combat classes.
guys i achieved MAXIMUM FAST [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576702418706532118/8E5783D199EDD21549CC474E633C635198A70C4E/[/img] and I decided to check fast counter [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576702418706540284/24E99600CC5CEFFD87E61BBBA908E0007D421854/[/img]
VGO
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35689239]You guys are over-reacting. The plasma cannon does less damage than the light spinfusor. The plasma rifle is gonna have lower DPS than any other rifle meaning you're gonna hit them a lot less than they hit you if they also have a rifle. Two shots from the Sparrow (Raider's other rifle) does 60 damage more than 1 shot from the plasma rifle and it the time the PR can fire one shot the Sparrow can probably fire 3. And those grenades looks like they do piss poor damage and are mostly good for disorientating the enemy. [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] If anyone is going to ruin the experience it's pessimistic cry babies who complain every time a patch comes out because they assume everything is overpowered and that Hi-Rez won't balance it. So far Hi-Rez has done a great job of balancing the game and meeting the desires of the players.[/QUOTE] Hi-Rez is good at listening to their fanbase, but this is a flaw just as much as it is a positive. You probably like the current aesthetic of a TF2 game. Case in point
Oh cool. More over powered weapons to further butcher what little balance this game has left. So glad I've only spent $9 on this game.
"We also wanted to create a weapon that was truly cool to newcomers." pretty much sums up hi-rez's marketing and philosophy also does this guy have spaces in his name? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AZFNX.png[/IMG]
"We also wanted to create a weapon that was truly cool to newcomers." Pretty much the slogan for the entire game. This game was so much fun back in the early beta, but its going down the shitter fast.
You two sure are shitty. Please stop playing and bringing the community down.
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35690200]You two sure are shitty. Please stop playing and bringing the community down.[/QUOTE] Expressing my personal opinion and commenting on the direction that I think a company is going is not "bringing the community down." Please stop commenting on forums and instantly rejecting any points that conflict with opinions you hold.
[QUOTE=krail9;35688937]hahaha, the plasma rifle does the same damage as the arx, but no delay, larger mag and bigger projectile.[/QUOTE] same as 1 arx projectile hit, u can hit 3 arxs for 1 plasma. the only problem i see on this weapon is the projectile seems too fast, making easy to hit. i think they really need to develop the lore on this game, or all skins we get will be "mercenary or no honor/tribes/mercy dude that kills people" i would like more team-colors on skins, like infiltrator mercenary get blue pants and parts on his jetpack.
[QUOTE=snarglemuffin;35690312]Expressing my personal opinion and commenting on the direction that I think a company is going is not "bringing the community down." Please stop commenting on forums and instantly rejecting any points that conflict with opinions you hold.[/QUOTE] Foogooman doesn't know how to take differing opinions. He usually just responds by flinging insults.
[QUOTE=The golden;35690382]Foogooman doesn't know how to take differing opinions. He usually just responds by flinging insults.[/QUOTE] Saying Tribes is "going down the shitter fast" is not an opinion anyone wants to hear.
haha oh man i'm totally gonna get cluster grenades so i can clear out flag stands in scrims.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.