• Oblivion 2: Skyrim V7: Singing contest ends in disaster as Dovahkiin enters with his #1 single, "Fus
    12,414 replies, posted
I don't understand papyrus for shit. I'm trying to add a power to the game without using a spelltome. How would I go about doing such a thing. I tried adding the following code to a different spell as a script to add the power when used: [code] Scriptname TimeStopPower extends activemagiceffect {Gives player the Time Stop Power} Spell property TimeStopPower1 auto bool Function AddSpell(Spell TimeStopPower1, bool abVerbose = true) native if (Game.GetPlayer().AddSpell(TimeStopPower1)) Debug.Trace("Time Stop Power added to the player") endIf [/code] I'm not really sure how this works and it fails to compile each time. Help?
I still have it, although my version is most likely outdated. Where should I upload it to?
[QUOTE=KorJax;34688806]Yeah sadly the author flat out for some reason decided to just quit modding out of the blue, say "fuck the community" and take all his stuff with him Good bye, only really great weapon mod out there. So much for going "open source" on your project.[/QUOTE] I need to take over the Nexus and revoke the permission allowing users to delete their own files. The Nexus needs to learn to grow the fuck up.
"As instructed, you are to eliminate Braanak Krath by any means necessary. The Black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fool dead. We've already received payment for the contract. Failure is not an option. -Astrid." Well fuck, who the hell did I piss off?
[QUOTE=Jurikuer;34689309]"As instructed, you are to eliminate Braanak Krath by any means necessary. The Black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fool dead. We've already received payment for the contract. Failure is not an option. -Astrid." Well fuck, who the hell did I piss off?[/QUOTE] You must have stolen from or killed a person, gotten too famous, or pissed somebody off by screwing them over in a quest. Also, on a related note, I bumped into somebody and got assassins sent after me by the same person. I don't recall stealing from them.
i have the weapons of third era too sigh... nexus is a terrible site to host mods on
[QUOTE=Martut;34689329]You must have stolen from or killed a person, gotten too famous, or pissed somebody off by screwing them over in a quest. Also, on a related note, I bumped into somebody and got assassins sent after me by the same person. I don't recall stealing from them.[/QUOTE] I've murdered one person, assault 17, stolen 25 items, picked 8 locks. And the murder had no witnesses (the bounty went away after I killed the one and only witness). The only bounty I had to pay was 25 for stolen items.
[QUOTE=Jurikuer;34689309]"As instructed, you are to eliminate Braanak Krath by any means necessary. The Black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fool dead. We've already received payment for the contract. Failure is not an option. -Astrid." Well fuck, who the hell did I piss off?[/QUOTE] I got one of those. After completing the Dark Brotherhood questline. That scared me.
Started a new game in Skyrim, played through tutorial. Didn't like how character looked. Deleted and said I'd do it better tomorrow.
Right now, I'm making my character based off of nothing in particular. It's my first run of Skyrim, so I'm just doing it generally blindly. I do seem to be heavily warrior oriented, with a bit of mage, but still pretty general. When I replay Skyrim, what should I be? Warrior, Mage, or Stealth?
[QUOTE=UntouchedShadow;34686527] This one is actually interesting. There was a dragon flying about but not attacking me. He flew around a bit and then randomly crash landed on the ground. Not sure how, since I had never even taken a shot at him and there was no one else around attacking it. It was clambering around the ground after it got up so I walked over to it. It didn't attack me though. It kind of just turned around and stared at me for a bit, then flew off. Bro dragon. [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/2012021200007.jpg/][IMG]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2672/2012021200007.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [/QUOTE] Welcome to the Dragonhood... [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xTCNh.png[/IMG]
[QUOTE=LegndNikko;34689667]Right now, I'm making my character based off of nothing in particular. It's my first run of Skyrim, so I'm just doing it generally blindly. I do seem to be heavily warrior oriented, with a bit of mage, but still pretty general. When I replay Skyrim, what should I be? Warrior, Mage, or Stealth?[/QUOTE] Warrior Mage or Stealth really isn't the question you want to be asking. The question is, do you want to be archery, 1handed, destruction, conjuration, etc. Or perhaps even just a rich character who has maximum barter and is able to make items to be sold (for example I'm a Smith, the fact I'm playing through the main quests is more of me wasting time exploring while waiting for my mines to regenerate). There is more to it than just warrior, thief, or mage. It's how you go about being any of those, or any combination of those.
I'm going to start experimenting and see if I can make and model some of the weapons and spells that this clever bastard uses. (Except the crossbow, I'd be fucked for that.) [img]http://gnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Orcs-Must-Die.jpg[/img] I don't exactly have any high hopes for myself on this, but I've gotta start somewhere, right?
If you guys want the Weapons of the Third Era mod, I could upload it somewhere. Still have the latest release.
[QUOTE=Seiteki;34689964]If you guys want the Weapons of the Third Era mod, I could upload it somewhere. Still have the latest release.[/QUOTE] I never got a chance to download it waiting for him to release the final one, please do so and I will reward you with a hefty sum of gold.
[QUOTE=SpasticPinoy;34690009]I never got a chance to download it waiting for him to release the final one, please do so and I will reward you with a hefty sum of gold.[/QUOTE] I never waited, it was good from the start. [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21167442/Weapons_of_the_Third_Era_1_3-3871.rar[/url]
[QUOTE=Jurikuer;34689717]Warrior Mage or Stealth really isn't the question you want to be asking. The question is, do you want to be archery, 1handed, destruction, conjuration, etc. Or perhaps even just a rich character who has maximum barter and is able to make items to be sold (for example I'm a Smith, the fact I'm playing through the main quests is more of me wasting time exploring while waiting for my mines to regenerate). There is more to it than just warrior, thief, or mage. It's how you go about being any of those, or any combination of those.[/QUOTE] Thing is, that's what I want to base my character on. If I was a warrior, he'd excel in smithing, heavy armor, blocking, etc. If I was a mage, he'd excel in desctruction, conjuration, etc. Stealh, lock-picking, pick-pocketing... I really don't want to be based fully on one stat. That sounds incredibly boring.
[QUOTE=Seiteki;34689964]If you guys want the Weapons of the Third Era mod, I could upload it somewhere. Still have the latest release.[/QUOTE] What is the mod even? I've never heard of it until now.
[QUOTE=LegndNikko;34690228]Thing is, that's what I want to base my character on. If I was a warrior, he'd excel in smithing, heavy armor, blocking, etc. If I was a mage, he'd excel in desctruction, conjuration, etc. Stealh, lock-picking, pick-pocketing... I really don't want to be based fully on one stat. That sounds incredibly boring.[/QUOTE] I'm based fully on two stats. It's perfectly viable and fun. [editline]14th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=UntouchedShadow;34690237]What is the mod even? I've never heard of it until now.[/QUOTE] Adds a bunch of weapons like scimitars, battle staffs, tantos and such. Stuff you would've seen in Morrowind.
Is steam dead for anyone else? Did I miss a scheduled downtime annoucement or something?
[QUOTE=Sgt-NiallR;34690366]Is steam dead for anyone else? Did I miss a scheduled downtime annoucement or something?[/QUOTE] Their servers lost power last night or something like that, they've been recovering since. It's damn annoying because I can't download any of the Skyrim mods I've subscribed to because that feature is still down.
its been said before but i'll say it again. the main theme is so fucking good that i could listen to it for days and it would still have the same effect. right now i'm like a battlemage that uses a two handed axe and dual wields powers. destruction and conjuration are my favorites, but i kinda side in illusion or whatever the skill is for trap soul. i also am a pretty high level, like 50 something in enchantment. for the past like 10 hours of gameplay i've been watching movies and tapping X every second, basically making my follower chop shitloads of wood. i'm trying to get enough coin for the 12000 dollar house and enough soul gems to put my enchanting level at 70 at least. level 14 imperial, i chose the preset that looks like gaius baltar from battle star galactica, with the facepaint of a hand print over my mouth, which is probably what i'd choose in real life. it obscures the face unless you and the other person are looking directly at each other. gonna go werewolf for this one and next char will be a sneaky archer, dagger assassin vampire with a bit of magic.
Just added my first mod to the workshop. [url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=11286&searchtext=[/url] [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/504638661013505750/1C4A76BC9BE435746B423D9B671338C693EC7CBA/116x65.resizedimage[/img] Still working on quest you have to complete in order to attain the house.
Any good magic mods besides Midas? I looking for destructive mods.
[QUOTE=Sodisna;34690974]Any good magic mods besides Midas? I looking for destructive mods.[/QUOTE]If you're just looking for magic to be balanced so it's equally good as melee/archery pick up Magic Scaling on the workshop, it makes all the magic spells a lot better by making them scale with your skill level like literally everything else in the game does.
Trying to figure out LOD Error [quote]LOD diffuse texture '..\Source\TGATextures\lod\MtnRidge03LOD.tga' and normal texture '..\Source\TGATextures\lod\MtnRidge03LOD_n.tga' are not the same size (but should be)[/quote] Oh god what's going on.
Does generated grass in the CK work for anyone? Whenever I use a landscape texture that should create grass I can see it in the render window but it never appears in game. Any ideas? [QUOTE=Mr. Crabsworth;34691045]Trying to figure out LOD Error Oh god what's going on.[/QUOTE] [url]http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1345519-creating-new-worldspaceshow-to-get-around-the-broken-ck-features/[/url] Read through that thread. I used Oscape to create my LOD and used TES4qlod to create the textures and it worked pretty well, I didn't get any errors. I screwed up somewhere though because some of the distant textures are purple/missing.
[QUOTE=Atlascore;34691008]If you're just looking for magic to be balanced so it's equally good as melee/archery pick up Magic Scaling on the workshop, it makes all the magic spells a lot better by making them scale with your skill level like literally everything else in the game does.[/QUOTE] I'm using a different scaling mod that just adds a couple additional bonuses to taking the novice/apprentice/etc perks. [url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=8137[/url] I like it. Magic Scaling seems a bit overpowered with how it increases the regen during combat and such.
[QUOTE=Atlascore;34691008]If you're just looking for magic to be balanced so it's equally good as melee/archery pick up Magic Scaling on the workshop, it makes all the magic spells a lot better by making them scale with your skill level like literally everything else in the game does.[/QUOTE] Doesn't it make enemy mages even more powerful though? I think that's what I read.
[QUOTE=Seiteki;34691091]Magic Scaling seems a bit overpowered with how it increases the regen during combat and such.[/QUOTE]Not really, the vanilla regen is so slow it makes playing a pure mage really hard, unless you basically cheat and reduce the cost of your spells through enchantment, but that requires a lot of grinding and only affects a single type of spells. I mean on master at least it seems pretty balanced, I'm playing as a battlemage (1h+fire/healing) and I'm running out of magicka regularly, and the combat regen is still pretty slow even when I'm using actual mage clothing instead of enchanted heavy armor (which is really weakened in comparison to enchanted clothing). [editline]14th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Stizzles;34691096]Doesn't it make enemy mages even more powerful though? I think that's what I read.[/QUOTE]No, it only affects you, the spell scaling is done by perks, which are only available to you.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.