• World of Tanks - Title Delayed
    11,652 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Orkel;34851500]3601 will be a pretty shitty heavy unless they give it something better than the short 88 at tier 6[/QUOTE] Oh no they changed the name of the type its ruined
[QUOTE=joost1120;34851566]Oh no they changed the name of the type its ruined[/QUOTE] The 3601 will be slowed down to make it a heavy, atleast the medium version can flank to not ding with the 88. It'll be a T1H one tier higher.
[QUOTE=Orkel;34851500]3601 will be a pretty shitty heavy unless they give it something better than the short 88 at tier 6[/QUOTE] It's really just a name change. I don't see why people say it WOULD or WILL be a shitty heavy. It pretty much is a heavy. [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Orkel;34851611]The 3601 will be slowed down to make it a heavy, atleast the medium version can flank to not ding with the 88. It'll be a T1H one tier higher.[/QUOTE] Okay now I see why you say that. I think it could retain its speed as a heavy tank (maybe a SLIGHT decrease, I grinded it with just the stock engine so I'm just going to assume it goes a bit faster)
Victory! Battle: El Halluf Friday, February 24, 2012 4:21:14 PM Vehicle: KV-5 Experience received: 2,470 Credits received: 134,299 Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Scout, Master Gunner, Reaper, Boelter's Medal, Sniper No comment. Our team tried to give me the last kill, so I'd be up to 10, but an artillery took it from me. Oh well. All 'dese medals.
Some stupid ass bastard in A KV-5 the last round I was in started shooting and ramming everyone when the round started and he got mad when he got lit up.
I have never actually seen anyone use the KV-5 to its full potential. They usually sit around like ducks and do nothing to cover their R2D2.
[QUOTE=fishyfish777;34853307]I have never actually seen anyone use the KV-5 to its full potential. They usually sit around like ducks and do nothing to cover their R2D2.[/QUOTE] It's an amazing tank. It's back is well armored, it's got good speed and can keep the regulator on pretty much all game. The gun doesn't have great penetration - but if you're smart enough to aim it, it does good damage. Has higher DPM than the Lowe, better armor, faster top speed, no frontal engine bullshit. I just love mine. The weak-spot is super easy to cover - just keep moving/turning or literally angle your tank 45 degrees AWAY from the enemy to cover the mini-turret with your big turret. Works every time.
Just had a forced draw match on Erlenberg because there was too much t8 arty and anybody who moved out was one shotted (well more like 4 shotted but they all landed pretty much at the same time) Half of my IS-7's health was taken out because two arty rounds hit the opposite side of the building and did that much splash damage. Remember kids, arty prevents camping :downs:
[QUOTE=Valdor;34853379]Just had a forced draw match on Erlenberg because there was too much t8 arty and anybody who moved out was one shotted (well more like 4 shotted but they all landed pretty much at the same time) Half of my IS-7's health was taken out because two arty rounds hit the opposite side of the building and did that much splash damage. Remember kids, arty prevents camping :downs:[/QUOTE] I felt like an arty player when I missed with the 152 on my KV hit the ground and took someone down to < 50%.
[QUOTE=Doom14;34853337]It's an amazing tank. It's back is well armored, it's got good speed and can keep the regulator on pretty much all game. The gun doesn't have great penetration - but if you're smart enough to aim it, it does good damage. Has higher DPM than the Lowe, better armor, faster top speed, no frontal engine bullshit. I just love mine. The weak-spot is super easy to cover - just keep moving/turning or literally angle your tank 45 degrees AWAY from the enemy to cover the mini-turret with your big turret. Works every time.[/QUOTE] I thought the rear was the least armored part of that tank, though. I specifically remember getting around to the rear of the tank in my 13/90 to guarantee six penetrations without fiddling around aiming for the miniturret.
[QUOTE=GetBent;34853406]I felt like an arty player when I missed with the 152 on my KV hit the ground and took someone down to < 50%.[/QUOTE] I felt like an arty player when I blasted an AMX 50B from 400+ metres into his side with the E-100's 150mm HE and it did like 1050 damage. Silly french cardboard
[QUOTE=fishyfish777;34853524]I thought the rear was the least armored part of that tank, though. I specifically remember getting around to the rear of the tank in my 13/90 to guarantee six penetrations without fiddling around aiming for the miniturret.[/QUOTE] Mini-turret (seems) to have less armor than the rear. Not the actual rear, but the back-side of the tank is what I'm referring to.
Nice, just had a game where we lost because all our TD's and everyone else left our base, even though it was just me and a KV3 on 1 side of the map out numbered. They could have covered us and easily killed the medium tanks but no, they drove off into the desert and left the base completley empty.. Super.
[url]http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/86205-m3-lee-overpowered/[/url] [quote]ok so i was in one of those shit matches with my M3 lee and ther was a tiger with 33% left a tiger P in our team shot but it bounced off than i shot on its front (with m3 lee) en i shot of 22%. so M3 lee is overpowered i think or did that tiger just sucked as hell?? [/quote] all of my whys
So i was gonna ask if the kv-5 was actually worth it or not. I think i'd really enjoy it just not sure if its really worth $35. Seen to many ppl says its great and too many say its crap.
[QUOTE=Ecarus;34855831]So i was gonna ask if the kv-5 was actually worth it or not. I think i'd really enjoy it just not sure if its really worth $35. Seen to many ppl says its great and too many say its crap.[/QUOTE] I'd wait for the IS-6 (ETA 5 months) instead of buying the KV-5.
Hrm, IS-6 you say I'll have to make due with my T14.
[QUOTE=Ecarus;34855831]So i was gonna ask if the kv-5 was actually worth it or not. I think i'd really enjoy it just not sure if its really worth $35. Seen to many ppl says its great and too many say its crap.[/QUOTE] Depends on how much disposable money you have. I find it a lot of fun, more reliable than my Lowe and generally quite good at printing silver.
[QUOTE=Doom14;34855946]Depends on how much disposable money you have. I find it a lot of fun, more reliable than my Lowe and generally quite good at printing silver.[/QUOTE] Thats what im thinking, could really use a good credit maker
I enjoy my T59 for credit making over the KV-5 and Lowe which I used in the Common Test of 7.1 Mainly because I prefer medium tanks over Heavy tanks for the most part [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] Plus, you know, 40k for a loss ain't that bad
According to SerB, tier 5-9 TDs will get reduced profitability in 7.2 [quote] Q: at what levels will be reduced yields TD? how many% will be reduced profitability? A: From 5 to 9 level. The changes are different for different machines, from -3% to -8%. [/quote] Just4fun, your credit printing Jagdtiger is gonna get nerfed.
Yay my 704 will be [i]even more[/i] useless! Thanks SerB!
[QUOTE=Saza;34855977]I enjoy my T59 for credit making over the KV-5 and Lowe which I used in the Common Test of 7.1 Mainly because I prefer medium tanks over Heavy tanks for the most part [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] Plus, you know, 40k for a loss ain't that bad[/QUOTE] It is almost [I]too[/I] stupidly forgiving of driver error though, with its playstyle being "front towards enemy" I just got 950XP (nonprem) [I]playing with one hand and chatting in steam overlay the entire game[/I], which would be an impossible feat in any other tank aside from lower tier frenchies
[QUOTE=fishyfish777;34856263]It is almost [I]too[/I] stupidly forgiving of driver error though, with its playstyle being "front towards enemy" I just got 950XP (nonprem) [I]playing with one hand and chatting in steam overlay the entire game[/I], which would be an impossible feat in any other tank aside from lower tier frenchies[/QUOTE] This is true, and when you're good at it it's pretty terrifying. [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Orkel;34856211]According to SerB, tier 5-9 TDs will get reduced profitability in 7.2 Just4fun, your credit printing Jagdtiger is gonna get nerfed.[/QUOTE] Wow, shit.
[QUOTE=MadCatMkII;34856252]Yay my 704 will be [i]even more[/i] useless! Thanks SerB![/QUOTE] Everybody knows the 704 is OP. It's not like it's a slow piece of shit that dings nothing while missing everything with its terrible accuracy.
Sometimes I cry at the matchmaking but this time I laughed really hard at it. Just got into a Tier 5 match with my IS, I was top of the board and there were like one or two Tier 6 as well. Fucking goofy as hell. Needless to say I won, 5 kills (not impressive at that level), but no one on my team died at all. Kinda cool I guess.
[QUOTE=ze beaver;34856422]Everybody knows the 704 is OP. It's not like it's a slow piece of shit that dings nothing while missing everything with its terrible accuracy.[/QUOTE] For a second there I almost thought you were serious. 4/10 got me to reply [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] :v:
[QUOTE=Orkel;34856211]According to SerB, tier 5-9 TDs will get reduced profitability in 7.2 Just4fun, your credit printing Jagdtiger is gonna get nerfed.[/QUOTE] Really? I lose almost 15k per match in my Ferdinand and he still going to reduce the income? bleeding money ftw...
[QUOTE=Orkel;34856211]According to SerB, tier 5-9 TDs will get reduced profitability in 7.2 Just4fun, your credit printing Jagdtiger is gonna get nerfed.[/QUOTE] WHAT! I cant even make bloody profit due to ammo costs now. I can kill several tanks in a round and still have to use every bit of money on repairs and ammo.
So I'm downloading the client now, and I have no idea about tanks at ALL. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good starting tank or something?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.