• World of Tanks - Title Delayed
    11,652 replies, posted
Got 2/3rds of the XP for the T34 now. Money's on track too, so I should have it by tomorrow. Then I can cry myself to sleep everytime wargaming delays 7.2!
Not like the T34 is going to be worth it as a premium with its current test stats..
[QUOTE=O'Neil;35229470]Not like the T34 is going to be worth it as a premium with its current test stats..[/QUOTE] It's for making dosh.
The thing is that it's going to be a tier 8 premium and given that I am usually a DIRTY PEASANT I need it to grind credits [editline]21st March 2012[/editline] Hopefully it'll let me get equipment for most of my stuff...
I don't get why they are making a tank premium when people already have it. It could just be because they have no room for it in the tech tree and they don't want to delete it from the game.
World of tanks players in a nutshell: Complain about Tier 8 premiums screwing up game balance, spend several tens of hours in-game grinding towards getting one [SUB][SUB][SUB](not specifically directed toward anybody though hell I'd do it if I could spare any more of my sanity to this game)[/SUB][/SUB][/SUB]
The problem is that the T8 premiums they've added are all good at one thing - Stomping tanks smaller than them. The lowe gets something like 230 pen and good accuracy and when they were big I was ALWAYS getting them in my IS which was a complete bitch. The type 59 has stupid frontal armor and the medium maneuverability and speed to always point it towards the enemy. Regularly bounces shells with 200 pen - The hull of a fucking T8 medium. Even the KV-5's R2D2 regularly bounces shots from my 105, although that seems to be a problem exclusive to the 105 (BOUNCE EVERYTHING ONCE - GUARANTEED), but if you compare its frontal armor... It has a stupidly lot of it. Impossible to hit the R2D2 at range and at that point any gun that isn't a tier 9 heavy's best upgrade will bounce it. [editline]21st March 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=scout1;35228476]I didn't even kill anything that impressive... But I did rush across an open field to their base. T29 shooting HE, panther, 3601, and slugger opposing couldn't pen me, although goddamn did they track me a lot. Once I took out the T29 the panther lost his nerve and I got up there, hulled down on the hill, and slaughtered the rest. Then a cap, and blammo! This was after a run-around in the village where we did some flanking action involving a T20, T-44, and Type 59. I did heavy damage to all of these and actually killed the T20, so whoo.[/QUOTE] T32 is not OP :v: [quote]Victory! Battle: Arctic Region Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:41:00 AM Vehicle: T32 Experience received: 2,221 Credits received: 70,794 Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Boelter's Medal, Sniper[/quote]
[QUOTE=Trunk Monkay;35153938]If an arty even splash damages a friendly, even for 1 damage or damaging a single track, they should turn blue or just be instakilled for their stupidity. Theres literally no excuse for damaging a friendly as an artillery.[/QUOTE] I disagree, the amount of times I fire and some idiot rushes the tank I just fired at only to get hit by my round is just annoying, and considering there's fuck all splash, they reallly do have to try to be hit by my rounds is not fair, it's hard enough to actually hit targets as it is
[QUOTE=ayaki;35229501]It's for making dosh.[/QUOTE] Even for a tier 8 premium its horrible...the turret traverse...oh lawd...worse then the M10's
[QUOTE=dagoth_ur;35230012]I disagree, the amount of times I fire and some idiot rushes the tank I just fired at only to get hit by my round is just annoying, and considering there's fuck all splash[/QUOTE] That's why you watch where your teammates are and communicate with them, and for the love of god don't fire when you see a medium tank about to enter into orbit around that 32% health IS. [QUOTE]they reallly do have to try to be hit by my rounds is not fair, it's hard enough to actually hit targets as it is[/QUOTE] Wrong, artillery is to accurate as it already is and WG even admits it, artillery should serve the area of denial role but not the tank hunter role like it currently does. [QUOTE]is not fair[/QUOTE] Neither is getting lit on fire and both tracks destroyed along with getting your gunner and driver killed by one round from a guy sitting in a bush behind a hill back at the enemy base.
[QUOTE=dagoth_ur;35230012]I disagree, the amount of times I fire and some idiot rushes the tank I just fired at only to get hit by my round is just annoying[/QUOTE] god forbid that a player forgets that his game isn't about tanks but fucking sky gods clicking on things.
T54 also getting size change in 7.2 [img]http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6203/127118368.1/0_91cff_d7eaa459_L.jpg[/img]
Smaller or bigger?
Can't tell if its becoming smaller or larger.
[QUOTE=gunnars1;35230108]That's why you watch where your teammates are and communicate with them, and for the love of god don't fire when you see a medium tank about to enter into orbit around that 32% health IS.Wrong, artillery is to accurate as it already is and WG even admits it, artillery should serve the area of denial role but not the tank hunter role like it currently does.Neither is getting lit on fire and both tracks destroyed along with getting your gunner and driver killed by one round from a guy sitting in a bush behind a hill back at the enemy base.[/QUOTE] It might be just me, but I'm on a tier 3, and actually landing a hit is more a by chance thing, unless they are just sitting there.I usually fire well before it hits anyway, most of my shots are in the 600-800 meter range, and half the tanks I do hit just seem to take it as a graze. and area of denial? anywhere under 300 meters and Arty's are sitting ducks made of paper mache, nearly always put into matches well above their tier, I'm usually facing tier 7/8s with my Wespe
[QUOTE=dagoth_ur;35230351]anywhere under 300 meters and Arty's are sitting ducks made of paper mache, nearly always put into matches well above their tier, I'm usually facing tier 7/8s with my Wespe[/QUOTE] There is a really good reason for that, play a normal tank and you might just find out why.
[QUOTE=dagoth_ur;35230351]It might be just me, but I'm on a tier 3, and actually landing a hit is more a by chance thing, unless they are just sitting there.I usually fire well before it hits anyway, most of my shots are in the 600-800 meter range, and half the tanks I do hit just seem to take it as a graze. and area of denial? anywhere under 300 meters and Arty's are sitting ducks made of paper mache, nearly always put into matches well above their tier, I'm usually facing tier 7/8s with my Wespe[/QUOTE] So you've not progressed past tier 4? Opinion invalidated.
[QUOTE=gunnars1;35230369]There is a really good reason for that, play a normal tank and you might just find out why.[/QUOTE] Amazingly enough, I do have normal tanks, I just find that the SPGs could use a tad more improvement, but again, this is all just my opinion which it does seem I am not entitled to.And I haven't had the time to grind or get very far in the tiers in WOT, Leaving Cert takes far higher priority.
[QUOTE=Orkel;35230324]T54 also getting size change in 7.2 [img]http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6203/127118368.1/0_91cff_d7eaa459_L.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] I hope they aren't making it smaller.
You're kidding me...
for the most part all it looks like they've done is shrunk the already-impenetrable turret a bit though
[QUOTE=NoDachi;35230346]Smaller or bigger?[/QUOTE] Smaller. The red "do" means "to" Did you really think they'd [I]nerf[/I] a russian tank's size?
[QUOTE=dagoth_ur;35230481]I just find that the SPGs could use a tad more improvement.[/QUOTE] Better arty?..... Again? [img]http://www.filesmelt.com/dl/thatsthat.jpg[/img] [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Orkel))[/highlight]
SPGs aside, a proposed adjustment for french tanks: [img]http://i.imgur.com/IiZU7.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=Orkel;35230577]Smaller. The red "do" means "to" Did you really think they'd [I]nerf[/I] a russian tank's size?[/QUOTE] No... I guess not. I knew already deep down.
and the new turret size makes it kinda sexier
[QUOTE=scout1;35229669]The problem is that the T8 premiums they've added are all good at one thing - Stomping tanks smaller than them. The lowe gets something like 230 pen and good accuracy and when they were big I was ALWAYS getting them in my IS which was a complete bitch. The type 59 has stupid frontal armor and the medium maneuverability and speed to always point it towards the enemy. Regularly bounces shells with 200 pen - The hull of a fucking T8 medium. Even the KV-5's R2D2 regularly bounces shots from my 105, although that seems to be a problem exclusive to the 105 (BOUNCE EVERYTHING ONCE - GUARANTEED), but if you compare its frontal armor... It has a stupidly lot of it. Impossible to hit the R2D2 at range and at that point any gun that isn't a tier 9 heavy's best upgrade will bounce it.[/QUOTE] Lowe has literal paper armor. In my IS, I was smacking them for 400+ from lower glacis and sides, no problem. Most Lowe drivers are idiots too, thinking it's a heavy tank and not a sniper role. KV-5 has a 107mm gun. Yeah. 167mm of penetration or so, although the 300 damage is nice. That's really sub-par for how huge of a tank it is. It can't snipe well, but what it does do is act as a great breakthrough tank if people don't nail the treads. R2D2 turret is only a liability at close range or and idle (stupid) driver. Type 59 has... what? A slightly bad gun? Really? When it gets thrown against tier Vs sometimes, 230 damage and 175mm pen is amazing. It's frontal armor literally has no weak spots and is so mystically sloped that it's really not even wise to bother unless you have well over 200mm penetration. So yeah, you can track them. Most owners have a repair kit on the ready anyways. The Type made my Slugger grind an absolutely horrible experience because they'd often show up in a tier VI match and I'd have no way to deal with them unless I was on the other side of the map and pegging their side armor. Of all the premiums, Type 59 seems to be the only one to actually reward players for being stupid and rushing in. The way it's armor loves to work, I've seen some players literally just drive it down a heavily guarded path, get an "easy-kill" or three and die. If you do that in a Lowe, you'll get penned by everything in the glacis and side, not to mention huge frontal engine damage. KV-5 will do great until you stop and every fucking thing under the sun blows up your entire tank through that singular weak spot (which literally has less armor than the ass). So yeah. I hate Type 59s. The only time they're not a huge fucking pain in the side is when I'm rolling in other tier VIIIs. Which is rare. And even then, I hate seeing them and their tier IX (acting) armor.
Fucking KV-1S with the short 122 HE gun knocks out my driver and loader with one shot, then my gun with the next one...
[QUOTE=Orkel;35230324]T54 also getting size change in 7.2 [img]http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6203/127118368.1/0_91cff_d7eaa459_L.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] What the fuck my 54 is getting bigger? I'm mad. Edit: Oops i didnt read past the post. yay smaller.
I want to point out KV-5s 107mm has shitty penetration, but 2400DPM. That's only 50DPM less than IS-7 and more than for example Maus and 128mm E-100 and MUCH more than any other T8 heavy. Sure, you can't utilize that at long range, and you need either a lot of luck, or badly armored targets. One thing KV-5 simply dominates at is facing lower tier mediums. It's armor is often enough to make them incapable of penetrating at all so it can simply rummage through whole group of them, while shooting them to death. KV-5 can easily take on 4 tier 6 mediums and emerge victorious. Lowe would get set on fire, eat shit, and die.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.