• Mass Effect Megathread: DING DONG BANNU edition
    31,544 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Saint Jimmy;34821320][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2615818/STAMPYPOO.png[/IMG] END OF RINE AGAIN.[/QUOTE] Urban legend.
[QUOTE=milktree;34821275]a bronze match got you that many credits?[/QUOTE] using that 1 credit/pack mod, dont know why it's giving me loads of money.
IIRC, the [sp]Prothean[/sp] is still an integral part of the main game. I thought the DLC just allowed you to recruit him... Don't shoot me if I'm wrong
[QUOTE=Ven Kaeo;34821467]Wait hold on I'm confused about something. Didn't they say somewhere that in ME3 there would actually be blindfire so you wouldn't have to stand up out of cover and go "HEY I'M RIGHT HERE SHOOT ME"? I haven't noticed that in ME3 demo yet. You still pop out like a retard.[/QUOTE] Don't scope.
I'm just going to watch the mission on YouTube and be done with it. Simple enough for me, really.
This DLC shenanigans is typical for a public corporation. I guess it all comes from investors and shareholders who want to maximize profits but do not understand how the industry works or why steam and valve are so successful. I think Gabe said something along the lines like "Don't treat your customers like they are stupid". Valve has basically won its self a monopoly on PC game sales (a wet dream for lots of corporations) by winning the loyalty of its users. Its stupid and frustrating that these companies pull crap like this when we can all be better off.
[QUOTE=27X;34821566]Don't scope.[/QUOTE] I wasn't. I was just clicking fire and Shepard would just do that hopping thing where he'd stand up take a shot and sit down. [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Saxon;34821630]This DLC shenanigans is typical for a public corporation. I guess it all comes from investors and shareholders who want to maximize profits but do not understand how the industry works or why steam and valve are so successful. I think Gabe said something along the lines like "Don't treat your customers like they are stupid". Valve has basically won its self a monopoly on PC game sales (a wet dream for lots of corporations) by winning the loyalty of its users. Its stupid and frustrating that these companies pull crap like this when we can all be better off.[/QUOTE] And this is why I like Valve/Steam more than EA/Origins and hate EA/Origins so much.
[QUOTE=bambouchacka;34821552]IIRC, the [sp]Prothean[/sp] is still an integral part of the main game. I thought the DLC just allowed you to recruit him... Don't shoot me if I'm wrong[/QUOTE] If you don't buy it he lives out the rest of his days on Jamaica.
First time tried silver: [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/ofs49.jpg[/IMG]
[QUOTE=Jackald;34819939][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v62pM93iS4A[/media] Watch 2:00 onwards. That's a clever idea, I dunno why more devs don't do this...[/QUOTE] I recall Bioware saying this was only going to be done for the Collector's Edition
[QUOTE=Goldenboy;34820606]*agreeable statement*[/QUOTE] I cannot help but agree completely. I have never been a fan of DLC but neither have I been one to get too worked up over it, either. However, this is plain crossing the line. The decision to make such an important subject to the game merely something accessible as DLC, is nothing short of stupid. It wouldn't be as much of an issue with me (or many others, I'd assume) if it was just some other new character; but someone who- you would think- would be ground breaking to the overall story one would bet that character deserves a place and purpose in the game's vanilla release. I'm sure the character would add a little insight to the [sp]Protheans (can I stop spoilering this? I mean, the cat's kind of out of the bag by now)[/sp] and the Reapers, but the fact that the character is completely optional to begin with makes me think the revelatory character is nothing but a side-mission and a new face with little to add to the table. Unfortunately, I feel obligated to get the DLC now because I'd be missing out on the character for whatever it may be worth (since, when it comes to anything I am particularly stingy about characters). Hopefully, those claims are correct that he is in the full game and bears purpose, but the DLC just allows you to recruit him and do a mission. If that's the case, slightly redeemable... slightly.
Wait, someone mentioned something about Battlefield 3 being free a while ago, or am i just going insane?
[QUOTE=bambouchacka;34821552]IIRC, the [sp]Prothean[/sp] is still an integral part of the main game. I thought the DLC just allowed you to recruit him... Don't shoot me if I'm wrong[/QUOTE] if that's the case then maybe people will quit bitching like they have nothing to live for because of dlc jk people will still bitch about it for some new reason if that is even the case The moral of the story is to not jump to conclusions before you have solid evidence of either side...
[QUOTE=Thom12255;34821661]If you don't buy it he lives out the rest of his days on Jamaica.[/QUOTE] For fucks sake the accent is [i]South African[/i]. NOT Jamaican.
[QUOTE=Saxon;34821630]This DLC shenanigans is typical for a public corporation. I guess it all comes from investors and shareholders who want to maximize profits but do not understand how the industry works or why steam and valve are so successful. I think Gabe said something along the lines like "Don't treat your customers like they are stupid". Valve has basically won its self a monopoly on PC game sales (a wet dream for lots of corporations) by winning the loyalty of its users. Its stupid and frustrating that these companies pull crap like this when we can all be better off.[/QUOTE] Yeah, people don't just blindly follow Valve with steam. In fact, Half-life 2 suffered in review scores for "forcing" users to install this intrusive spyware-like useless game launcher called "Steam.", But valve have done nothing but impress with it.
And so starts the endless cycle of me creating a decent looking character in the creation menu, only to have it look like utter shit in-game.
[QUOTE=mercurius;34820589] Cheating items is morally grey, [/QUOTE] you can do that? I mean duh you could but people have already figured out how?
[QUOTE=ijyt;34821803]And so starts the endless cycle of me creating a decent looking character in the creation menu, only to have it look like utter shit in-game.[/QUOTE] I'm usually like that, but on this playthrough I got my character just how I wanted her first time: [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/450596254174164014/F96F5154E73C64DE82964258B5673C2492CD7C62/?jpg[/img] (here she comments on her experiences after looking in the mirror)
[QUOTE=dumbidiotretard;34821747] The moral of the story is to not jump to conclusions before you have solid evidence of either side...[/QUOTE] Agreed. As much as I hate the idea, I am still willing to see how things work out (even if it is blind optimism).
[QUOTE=Jackald;34821864]I'm usually like that, but on this playthrough I got my character just how I wanted her first time: [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/450596254174164014/F96F5154E73C64DE82964258B5673C2492CD7C62/?jpg[/img] (here she comments on her experiences after looking in the mirror)[/QUOTE] you just reminded me of how weirdly spindly Male!Shephard's arms are in that uniform gives me the goddamn heeby-jeebies
The fact that the game has so much freaking day 1 DLC is just mind-boggling and calls for a boycott all on it's own. Now that I've just heard about this Prothean bullshit I'm definitely not buying the game (I was going for the N7 edition). I'm here to ask you guys what do you make of this whole mess and if I'm mistaking something? Please don't try to tell me Day 1 DLC is justifiable in any way shape or form, ESPECIALLY if it contains a very important story piece.
Chill out on the "important story peice" until we know if he's in the game but not recruitable without buying the dlc first ok With that fact out of the equation nothing really affects the game greatly
[QUOTE=ForgottenKane;34822042]The fact that the game has so much freaking day 1 DLC is just mind-boggling and calls for a boycott all on it's own. Now that I've just heard about this Prothean bullshit I'm definitely not buying the game (I was going for the N7 edition). I'm here to ask you guys what do you make of this whole mess and if I'm mistaking something? Please don't try to tell me Day 1 DLC is justifiable in any way shape or form, ESPECIALLY if it contains a very important story piece.[/QUOTE] I don't want to play devil's advocate, and I am really pissed of as well. However, has it been confirmed that it's an important story piece we are missing? An important character in the lore, that's for sure. And to the the poster above me: Bioware confirmed that the dlc is only available for free on day one for people who have the collector's edition. Other's must pay extra!
[QUOTE=ForgottenKane;34822042]The fact that the game has so much freaking day 1 DLC is just mind-boggling and calls for a boycott all on it's own. Now that I've just heard about this Prothean bullshit I'm definitely not buying the game (I was going for the N7 edition). I'm here to ask you guys what do you make of this whole mess and if I'm mistaking something? Please don't try to tell me Day 1 DLC is justifiable in any way shape or form, ESPECIALLY if it contains a very important story piece.[/QUOTE] I don't personally know, but I don't think much is known about the DLC at all? What if the story is still there and totally accessible but you just can't recruit him without the DLC? Also, I'm a Diehard fan of the mass effect series so I'm still going to whore myself and buy the game + the DLC.
mass effect and skyrim lul if bethesda would have written the mass effect romances. [img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/053/9/8/amulet_of_mara_by_morwgh-d4qm9na.jpg[/img] [img]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/053/9/4/amulet_of_mara__v_2_by_morwgh-d4qma0b.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=ForgottenKane;34822042]The fact that the game has so much freaking day 1 DLC is just mind-boggling and calls for a boycott all on it's own. Now that I've just heard about this Prothean bullshit I'm definitely not buying the game (I was going for the N7 edition). I'm here to ask you guys what do you make of this whole mess and if I'm mistaking something? Please don't try to tell me Day 1 DLC is justifiable in any way shape or form, ESPECIALLY if it contains a very important story piece.[/QUOTE] Oh no, guys, DLC I won't buy! It's the end of the earth! The game is ruined!
[QUOTE=ZakKa!;34822085] And to the the poster above me: Bioware confirmed that the dlc is only available for free on day one for people who have the collector's edition. Other's must pay extra![/QUOTE] That isn't the point I was making at all. For all you know the dude could be in the game and have an important role but you can't recruit him until you buy the dlc.
I've now realized how awesome the Krogan is. It's just hilarious playing it, taking down an Atlas by headbutting it to death.
Wait so is Battlefield 3 free for those who bought the Collector edition or something?
[QUOTE=Tom083;34822349]Wait so is Battlefield 3 free for those who bought the Collector edition or something?[/QUOTE] There was one day bonus that if you preordered ME3 from Origin you got free BF3.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.