• Mass Effect Megathread: DING DONG BANNU edition
    31,544 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Jackald;34824388]Valve don't have to resort to 50 billion pre-order incentives and they make plenty of money...[/QUOTE] But VALVe has a genius marketer at its helm, pretty much a monopoly on digital stores (as we've seen with the reaction to Origin), and has no publishers to please. Comparing them to a regular company is like comparing a magnifying glass left on a windowsill to the sun itself. [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=doommarine23;34824420]That's really over-dramatic. Its just a forum and drama.[/QUOTE] well I do get the shakes quite a lot so maybe thats whats happening
Where didya get up to Jackald :v:
[QUOTE=Jackald;34824412]A delayed game is good eventually, a rushed game is bad forever.[/QUOTE] Unless it's been delayed for so many years general interest has been pretty much lost (see: DNF).
Just as people are jumping to a conclusion that the DLC will have plot crucial stuff or interesting stuff about the story people are jumping to a conclusion that it won't have anything crucial to the plot and nothing interesting to the story. The higher chance is that it does have something to do with the lore of the universe in the game giving information about what happened to the protheans, to the interested fans. The chances are also that the prothean will be in the actual main game and be woven in to the story and the DLC will just add more personal stuff about the prothean. Either way it's a day 1 DLC that takes production time away from the game which isn't okay, so they have already lost on that part unless they change. What really draws the line tough is if the prothean has some really fucking interesting shit involved with him in the DLC that explains a lot of what happened and is a major story event, this is unconfirmed tough. But as I stated they have already fucked up by making a day 1 DLC that has some semi-important stuff (It's a freakin shooting prothean as a squad mate) and takes them away from development time adding up with the other CE stuff (which is fairly minor but acts as the final straw)
So, I`ve been doing my first ME2 Insanity runthrough First Thoughts: [i]Holy shit.[/i] -Every enemy having shielding makes a lot of powers useless. [i]Holy shit.[/i] -YMIR mechs become final boss-worthy enemies -Recruiting Garr-bear was one hell of an ordeal -I'm starting to feel sexual thoughts towards the Mattock Man, I've only played through Me2 before once, but, Insanity is a whole new game. I don't really have the luxury to pick squaddies based on personal favorites, but now actually picking stats to compliment me. (Mordin's actually pretty sweet! Who'da thought that?)
Fuckit, pre-order uncancelled. [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10001051/Bioware%20Rage%20Meterv4.png[/img] You guys had better be right about this though or I am never buying another Bioware product.
[QUOTE=ijyt;34824449]Unless it's been delayed for so many years general interest has been pretty much lost (see: DNF).[/QUOTE] Actually, the final product of DNF was really in development for no more than 2 years, each build of the game from other devs were very, very different from the final product. (Obviously)
I'm genuinely frightened at the thought of the Collector ship on insanity :C
[img]http://puu.sh/hYIJ[/img] [b]HOT[/b]
[QUOTE=Cone;34824039] What could you possibly learn or discover from this character that you would not just assume? How [sp]the protheans fought the Reapers? They didn't, they just ran and died.[/sp][/QUOTE] (Mass Effect 3 plot spoilers/speculation) [sp]It's entirely possible that this Prothean was a part of The Crucible project during his time but had to go into stasis for a time where he and his comrades could come out before the Reapers arrive, create the Crucible or whatever anti-Reaper device, destroy them, and be heralded as gods. In fact, the Prothean data cache on Mars may even direct Shepard to what he believes to be a secret weapon when in actuality it is the last remaining member of the Crucible Project. Cue Crucible construction, Prothean assists you and tells you important shit needed for the Crucible. There may even be more to the Conduit Project from Mass Effect than we realize. Whatever. Other than that possibility, he could give insight to the Protheans as to who they were and fill in some gaps on what we currently know of the Protheans. [/sp] Bottom line is it's too early to tell anything for certain and our best bets are to wait for the game (I've said this no-brainer comment before) [QUOTE=dumbidiotretard;34824022]"i'm making opinions based on leaked info that hasn't been confirmed look at me!"[/QUOTE] A handful of people who frequent this thread have been doing that since the leaks first surfaced. I'd just ignore it/them.
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34824496]I'm genuinely frightened at the thought of the Collector ship on insanity :C[/QUOTE] Harbinger is a [b]CUNT[/b] on insanity. You literally have to get used to clearing a room of collector's faster than he can spawn. He's so fucking annoying with that black hole thing. argh.
[QUOTE=Cone;34824393]I mean it feels like a riot in here and not a funny riot, an actual riot with burning buildings n shit[/QUOTE] Eh, we're supposed to be talking about this.. whether it be arguing or not.
[QUOTE=doommarine23;34824410]I love the rage you and every nerde here is giving.[/QUOTE] I like how you call everyone a nerd when you disagree or dislike something going on inside a thread in the most dismissive manner, like dysphemisms are the only 'language' you know how to speak in times when you're too lazy to engage in an actual conversation, because it might require some effort. And then, after being certain that you've avoided the need to use your brain and what little debate skills you may have, you run up into your ivory tower and act as though you're not the cancer of the ME thread, responding to everyone's posts and telling all of us that you have a boyfriend every five or ten minutes. [i]This[/i] guy.
[QUOTE=Jackald;34824513]Harbinger is a [b]CUNT[/b] on insanity. You literally have to get used to clearing a room of collector's faster than he can spawn. He's so fucking annoying with that black hole thing. argh.[/QUOTE] Okay, I'd actually love some help from strategists. I'm running a Soldier (boring, I know, slag me for it later, KK). What's my best loadout with squads and guns? I usually roll with the -Mattock -Collector Beam -Geth Shotgun -Phalanx -Default Sniper (can't remember the name) And my standard crew is usually Garrus/Miranda Advice?
[QUOTE=Jackald;34824477]Fuckit, pre-order uncancelled. [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10001051/Bioware%20Rage%20Meterv4.png[/img] You guys had better be right about this though or I am never buying another Bioware product.[/QUOTE] Day 1 DLC is not a double negative, several other Bioware in the recent future had it, including (the spotless, flawless, no mistakes ever blahblahblah) Dragon Age: Origins and (the bad, horrible, incredibad blahblahblah) Dragon Age 2 and [B][I]Mass Effect 2[/I][/B]. Step outside and take a deep breath, this is just a game, dude, relax.
[QUOTE=-Ben_Wolfe-;34824507]Bottom line is it's too early to tell anything for certain and our best bets are to wait for the game (I've said this no-brainer comment before)[/QUOTE] [sp]Except he turns out to be indoctrinated anyways, so literally everything he says is suspect.[/sp]
can I have less RUINED FOREVER in my mass effect thread
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34824533]Okay, I'd actually love some help from strategists. I'm running a Soldier (boring, I know, slag me for it later, KK). What's my best loadout with squads and guns? I usually roll with the -Mattock -Collector Beam -Geth Shotgun -Phalanx -Default Sniper (can't remember the name) And my standard crew is usually Garrus/Miranda Advice?[/QUOTE] Good but I'd used: -Vindicator (mattock works here too until you get the Revenant) -Collector Beam -Geth Shotgun -Phalanx -Incisor with Mordin and Zaeed.
[QUOTE=DX_V;34824532]I like how you call everyone a nerd when you disagree or dislike something going on inside a thread in the most dismissive manner, like dysphemisms are the only 'language' you know how to speak in times when you're too lazy to engage in an actual conversation, because it might require some effort. And then, after being certain that you've avoided the need to use your brain and what little debate skills you may have, you run up into your ivory tower and act as though you're not the cancer of the ME thread, responding to everyone's posts and telling all of us that you have a boyfriend every five or ten minutes. [i]This[/i] guy.[/QUOTE] I actually haven't mentioned my Boyfriend, (untill just now) and whenever I do, its just in passing. If the fact I have a lover sets off something deep inside you, I'm truly sorry for how lonely you are. And you're right, I can't be assed to join a bunch of people flipping the fuck out over stupid shit like DLC and tiny add-ons when the game isn't out yet. How about you act like an sensible adult, wait for the game, and than make a judgement before flipping out and proving you never had to deal with a real problem in your life?
[QUOTE=Lambeth;34824542]can I have less RUINED FOREVER in my mass effect thread[/QUOTE] I might be a gottam minority, but I'm counting down the minutes until ME3 Pre-ordered Collectors edition, baby! SO EXCITED! I don't see why you're all "RUINED FOREVER, BIOWARE SUCKS!" Game's not even out yet! I'm certain it'll have all the things we loved about ME2. Little secrets, witty dialogue(I predict at least 3 memes), great character moments, and above all else, shooting and lootin' that's tighter than a nun's vagina. IF the combats as solid as ME2, I can't wait! Although, I bought DNF balls of steel, so I might not be the best judge of things.
[QUOTE=guicool-BR-;34824535]Day 1 DLC is not a double negative, several other Bioware in the recent future had it, including (the spotless, flawless, no mistakes ever blahblahblah) Dragon Age: Origins and (the bad, horrible, incredibad blahblahblah) Dragon Age 2 and [B][I]Mass Effect 2[/I][/B]. Step outside and take a deep breath, this is just a game, dude, relax.[/QUOTE]ME2 day 1 DLC was free.
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34824584]I might be a gottam minority, but I'm counting down the minutes until ME3 Pre-ordered Collectors edition, baby! SO EXCITED! I don't see why you're all "RUINED FOREVER, BIOWARE SUCKS!" Game's not even out yet! I'm certain it'll have all the things we loved about ME2. Little secrets, witty dialogue(I predict at least 3 memes), great character moments, and above all else, shooting and lootin' that's tighter than a nun's vagina. IF the combats as solid as ME2, I can't wait! Although, I bought DNF balls of steel, so I might not be the best judge of things.[/QUOTE] ME1 and ME2 were good and has the same writers. I don't think ME3 will cock this the fuck up.
[QUOTE=Saza;34824570]Good but I'd used: -Vindicator (mattock works here too until you get the Revenant) -Collector Beam -Geth Shotgun -Phalanx -Incisor with Mordin and Zaeed.[/QUOTE] I've actually been rolling Mordin and Zaeed a fair amount as well, my problem is though I feel Zaeed should be swapped out for someone a little more biotic. That's why I prefer Miranda.
[QUOTE=Lambeth;34824542]can I have less RUINED FOREVER in my mass effect thread[/QUOTE] [img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7211550/MassEffect/Images/RUINED_FOREVER.png[/img]
[QUOTE=Waluigi;34824395]Valve hardly releases games![/QUOTE] Portal 2?
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34824584]I might be a gottam minority, but I'm counting down the minutes until ME3 Pre-ordered Collectors edition, baby! SO EXCITED! I don't see why you're all "RUINED FOREVER, BIOWARE SUCKS!" Game's not even out yet! I'm certain it'll have all the things we loved about ME2. Little secrets, witty dialogue(I predict at least 3 memes), great character moments, and above all else, shooting and lootin' that's tighter than a nun's vagina. IF the combats as solid as ME2, I can't wait! Although, I bought DNF balls of steel, so I might not be the best judge of things.[/QUOTE] Mass Effect 3 will be nothing short of Awesome.
[QUOTE=Fisk;34824588]ME2 day 1 DLC was free.[/QUOTE] Still existed (and exists).
[QUOTE=Delta616;34824618]Mass Effect 3 will be nothing short of Awesome.[/QUOTE] :dance: Gameplay is promising at the very least. Very addicting MP.
Oh my god the Scorpion is so OP
The game will most likely be great, the demo was awesome except for some facial and running animations (minor problems) there is nothing wrong about the actual game. It's just the shit EA pulls off on the side that's wrong.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.