• Mass Effect Megathread: DING DONG BANNU edition
    31,544 replies, posted
I like having Collector's editions cos I have something physical, like the art book, stuff like that. Everyone has their tastes though I guess.
[QUOTE=DX_V;34824840]Slow with the keyboard are we there buddy?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Cone;34824715][U][B]like[/B][/U] ten minutes[/QUOTE] also wow you actually replied so I guess you're just looking for the last laugh to make yourself feel better right [editline]23rd February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Sardonus;34824866]it's a cockroach? ... Oh, is it a collector? That would be really cool if it was a collector actually.[/QUOTE] Nope, DX_V is just trying to spoil some things that really shouldn't be
[QUOTE=DX_V;34824840]Slow with the keyboard are we there buddy? Cockroach's are notoriously hardy.[/QUOTE] Atleast when we we're being bitchy and annoying, we were on the topic of Mass Effect.
[QUOTE=Cone;34824879]also wow you actually replied so I guess you're just looking for the last laugh to make yourself feel better right [editline]23rd February 2012[/editline] Nope, DX_V is just trying to spoil some things that really shouldn't be[/QUOTE] Yeah, I thought I wiped the collectors out anywho :v:
[QUOTE=Cone;34824879]also wow you actually replied so I guess you're just looking for the last laugh to make yourself feel better right[/QUOTE] I never said I wouldn't respond to you, I don't know who you are, but I know you're not the person who I was talking to before. It's nice that you felt like you were a part of that conversation though. [QUOTE]Nope, DX_V is just trying to spoil some things that really shouldn't be[/QUOTE] Yeah right, I am. It's a giant cockroach.
[QUOTE=Jackald;34824787]Bending the truth to exaggerate a concern of mine = cutting content from a game to extort more money from loyal fans. Also, I was implying that all the CE stuff will end up being DLC.[/QUOTE] God do you have to be such a fucking pedant? Of course Collector's Edition content will be released as DLC later. THAT HAPPENS WITH EVERY GAME. I was saying that blatantly lying (not exaggerating, lying) to getpeople mad is just as bad as a company betraying the trust of it's customers.
[QUOTE=Janus Vesta;34824927]God do you have to be such a fucking pedant? Of course Collector's Edition content will be released as DLC later. THAT HAPPENS WITH EVERY GAME. I was saying that blatantly lying (not exaggerating, lying) to getpeople mad is just as bad as a company betraying the trust of it's customers.[/QUOTE] Well, Collectors armor and rifle never made it to XBLA or PC.... neither did the Terminus armor. So... don't be too certain
[QUOTE=DX_V;34824925]I never said I wouldn't respond to you, I don't know who you are, but I know you're not the person who I was talking to before. It's nice that you felt like you were a part of that conversation though.[/QUOTE] so wait, now you're saying it's possible to want to not get insulted constantly yet [I]not[/I] be a spineless weasel? well shit I guess it's doommarines's lucky day [QUOTE=DX_V;34824925]Yeah right, I am. It's a giant cockroach.[/QUOTE] nope
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34824939]Well, Collectors armor and rifle never made it to XBLA or PC.... neither did the Terminus armor. So... don't be too certain[/QUOTE] I never understood that, they, by which I mean EA, usually sell all the CE content for their games later on, why not ME2?
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34824939]Well, Collectors armor and rifle never made it to XBLA or PC.... neither did the Terminus armor. So... don't be too certain[/QUOTE] Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe has both Collectors gear.
[QUOTE=Cone;34824964]so wait, now you're saying it's possible to want to not get insulted constantly yet [I]not[/I] be a spineless weasel?[/QUOTE] Holy shit. Reading that shit was like sticking a fork in my eye. Only more painful.
[QUOTE=DX_V;34825034]Holy shit. Reading that shit was like sticking a fork in my eye. Only more painful.[/QUOTE] good to know
Okay, both of you stop. Is this really worth the ban?
[QUOTE=Delta616;34825072]Okay, both of you stop. Is this really worth the ban?[/QUOTE] No it is not.
Don't Reapers harvest everyone? or is it just humans? Why do they harvest again, resources? Plot twists like Saren killing himself, or the reveal of Legion are what makes this series so amazing. Would be really cool if Cerberus used that Reaper base (if you saved it) to become the next Reapers.
[QUOTE=Errorproxy;34825105]Don't Reapers harvest everyone? or is it just humans? Why do they harvest again, resources? Plot twists like Saren killing himself, or the reveal of Legion are what makes this series so amazing. Would be really cool if Cerberus used that Reaper base (if you saved it) to become the next Reapers.[/QUOTE] They harvest people for resoucres to make new Reapers, it's also thought they take technology either to use to their own end or to deny it to non civilized/advanced life. They're focusing on humanity because we found out about hem in ME1 and stopped the citadel activation and we wiped out the Reapers.
[QUOTE=Errorproxy;34825105]Don't Reapers harvest everyone? or is it just humans? Why do they harvest again, resources? Plot twists like Saren killing himself, or the reveal of Legion are what makes this series so amazing. Would be really cool if Cerberus used that Reaper base (if you saved it) to become the next Reapers.[/QUOTE] Saren killing himself was such a great moment. Right after he did it, I thought "Noo.... YOU JUST STARTED TO SEEM DECENT."
A lot of people are outraged over the day 1 DLC [sp]and have the right to[/sp] Think I'll just go with the regular edition and not buy into EA's dumb marketing schemes.
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34825169]Saren killing himself was such a great moment. Right after he did it, I thought "Noo.... YOU JUST STARTED TO SEEM DECENT."[/QUOTE] Yeah, it really was, I only knew it was possible for that to happen a couple days ago, I am really glad I decided to play ME1 again.
[QUOTE=Delta616;34825223]Yeah, it really was, I only knew it was possible for that to happen a couple days ago, I am really glad I decided to play ME1 again.[/QUOTE] I might be so used to ME2, but I'm finding it so, so hard to go back to ME1 for my Femshep Powers take soo long to recharge, everyone dumps their life story on you so quickly, and combat isn't too fun.. I know ME1 is a favorite around here (Don't get me wrong, I've finished it 3+ times) But it's hard going back. It's interesting, the one thing I remember most of that game? Sovereign's speech. It was mindblowing. "Oh hey, it's that ship thingy." "Holy shit what's talking" "HOLY SHIT IT'S ALIVE" "HOLY SHIT IT'S GIVING A SPEECH" [editline]23rd February 2012[/editline] Sovereigns speech was by far the best part of that game. [editline]23rd February 2012[/editline] If you've never seen it, it's amazing. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnDp2mWU7ic[/media] The music pounding in the background, giving you insane fear of this thing... and then it speaks. It's smooth voice... explaining how doomed you are. How useless you are. How screwed over you are. How they win. They always win. And you're next. It's genuinely haunting.
[QUOTE=Ven Kaeo;34824012]I don't appreciate you using the Renegade symbol for a retarded action.[/QUOTE] Oh, it fits. Perfectly.
not gonna lie, Sovereign actually made me feel bad about myself. A fictional robot made feel insignificant. ME2 was great. But ME1 was an epic. I can't think of a moment from ME2 that gripped me by the balls like Sovereign.
combat in me1... :(
[QUOTE=dumbidiotretard;34825322]combat in me1... :([/QUOTE] I felt anyone else but Soldier was going to have a very crappy experience.
[QUOTE=dumbidiotretard;34825322]combat in me1... :([/QUOTE] Yeah, I just replayed it on the easiest difficulty just as a refresher. Couldn't stand the downgrade of combat.
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34824754]Wait, I don't understand. If I got the Collectors Edition, do I get the Spoilerperson? I don't know about anybody else but I've got like, a zero tolerance spoiler attitude towards this game. When I bought ME2, I flipped though the artbook while it was loading Thanks for letting me know about the human reaper, and the geth squaddie :v:[/QUOTE] You get both spoilerpeople if you have the CE.
[QUOTE=27X;34825341]You get both spoilerpeople if you have the CE.[/QUOTE] there are TWO spoilerpeople? That's sweet! [editline]23rd February 2012[/editline] There's actually only one thing I'm really dissapointed with in Me3... from what I heard... [sp]WREX IS NOT IN THIS GAME VERY MUCH[/sp] He is the best character. I'd way rather have my [sp]Brogan[/sp] over James vega or something. [sp]Wrex[/sp] was an incredibly badass character, he was honestly my fav ME character other than Garrus.
[QUOTE=mercurius;34823952][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jDIuh.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE] [img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/209/b/0/Mass_Effect_by_Red_Flare.jpg[/img]
and bringing him back for one mission is so lame. Why do the Talimancers get Tali back? It's the last game... and I'm certain [sp]Wrex[/sp] is a fan favorite.
On a lighter note, I contacted EA to get my Bring Down the Sky key and they gave me a 15% off coupon for Origin. Everything went better than expected.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.