• Mass Effect Megathread: DING DONG BANNU edition
    31,544 replies, posted
[QUOTE=mercurius;34856057][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4YDHb.png[/IMG] This is from the PC demo. These files will most likely be missing from the base game, since the Prothean was cut to be turned into a paid DLC. They are only in the demo since it's an updated port of the E3 console presentation.[/QUOTE] Agreed. And even if they aren't, Kasumi & Zaeed have a bunch of files in ME3's base game anyway.
[QUOTE=27X;34856067]Yes. Quite a bit.[/QUOTE] Like? Does letting Balak live cause him to live up to his reputation and do even further damage to the Alliance or something?
[QUOTE=Canuhearmenow;34856105]Like? Does letting Balak live cause him to live up to his reputation and do even further damage to the Alliance or something?[/QUOTE] [sp]There's a mission with Balak. Killing him, persuading him to join the Batarian fleet, or ignoring him all have different outcomes.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Canuhearmenow;34856105]Like? Does letting Balak live cause him to live up to his reputation and do even further damage to the Alliance or something?[/QUOTE] I think he [sp]sabotages some ships[/sp].
This game is too expensive, hope they got enough content to justify this price. also hate it when people say that if you get the collectors edition for $80 you get the DLC for "free", its not really free if you pay $20 extra on the game.
Stole this from Kotaku. It's a very good, no-nonsense graphic of how and why day-1 dlc is made. People may not agree with it still, but it is the truth. [url]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17eig06xukt8apng/original.png[/url]
I haven't preordered today but I got $100 today for no real reason from a friend so I'm going to head down to GameStop tomorrow to pre-order it. [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=rangrangpkpk;34856193]This game is too expensive, hope they got enough content to justify this price. also hate it when people say that if you get the collectors edition for $80 you get the DLC for "free", its not really free if you pay $20 extra on the game.[/QUOTE] you ALSO get a BUNCH of other shit, not just that DLC so it's not $20 for the DLC. I'd say the value of everything in there is at least $80.
[QUOTE=rangrangpkpk;34856193]This game is too expensive, hope they got enough content to justify this price. also hate it when people say that if you get the collectors edition for $80 you get the DLC for "free", its not really free if you pay $20 extra on the game.[/QUOTE] Too expensive? It's the standard price of $60 and if it's approximately as long as ME2 (30-35 hours), then you're paying about $2 per hour of entertainment. And that assumes you only play the game once. The extra $20 for the Collector's Edition pays for the $10 DLC, digital soundtrack, appearance pack, weapon pack, lithograph, robotic dog, and fabric patch. I don't see how the game costs too much.
[QUOTE=Goldenboy;34856151][sp]There's a mission with Balak. Killing him, persuading him to join the Batarian fleet, or ignoring him all have different outcomes.[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]So there's a chance to kill him later? What was the point of killing him in BDtS then?[/sp]
[QUOTE=Canuhearmenow;34856247][sp]What was the point of killing him in BDtS then?[/sp][/QUOTE] Saving the hostages I imagine.
[QUOTE=Canuhearmenow;34856247][sp]So there's a chance to kill him later? What was the point of killing him in BDtS then?[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]I'm assuming there's a chance to kill him; if you do nothing, he sabotages Alliance ships, if you convince him to help, he joins the fleet. I'm guessing that if you can't convince him, you can kill him then. I'd have to re-read the War Assets leak[/sp] [editline]25th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=DX_V;34856278]Saving the hostages I imagine.[/QUOTE] They die if you try and kill him.
[QUOTE=mercurius;34855616] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KcKT7.png[/IMG][/QUOTE] Pshh, I don't fear Atlases on my Asari. Even with their shields up Warp->Throw = biotic explosion and they get knocked back. It also does a good amount of damage. However, I have yet to do Gold. So maybe when there are more than 1 of them I would run.
[QUOTE=GetBent;34856358]Pshh, I don't fear Atlases on my Asari. Even with their shields up Warp->Throw = biotic explosion and they get knocked back. It also does a good amount of damage.[/QUOTE] Oh damn, I forgot about biotic explosions.
Revenant is utter crap at long range, thankfully I have my widow for long range.
[QUOTE=mikester112;34856430]Revenant is utter crap at long range, thankfully I have my widow for long range.[/QUOTE] Revenant AND Widow? How long do your abilities take to recharge?
[QUOTE=Goldenboy;34856288][sp]I'm assuming there's a chance to kill him; if you do nothing, he sabotages Alliance ships, if you convince him to help, he joins the fleet. I'm guessing that if you can't convince him, you can kill him then. I'd have to re-read the War Assets leak[/sp] [/QUOTE] [sp]So you don't get the chance at more War Readiness if you kill him? Might as well have let him live if that's the case.[/sp] So what conditions in the files are there where a renegade decision offers more War Readiness then a paragon?
[QUOTE=GetBent;34856358]Pshh, I don't fear Atlases on my Asari. Even with their shields up Warp->Throw = biotic explosion and they get knocked back. It also does a good amount of damage. However, I have yet to do Gold. So maybe when there are more than 1 of them I would run.[/QUOTE] Gold is so hard. I've never made it past wave 8 on Gold. It always sends like 5 Phantoms. At the same time, and on top of that send 3 Atlas' that are so close to one another they're practically dry humping one another
Quick question: what was the general consensus on Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station? Are they worth the download?
[QUOTE=GetBent;34856438]Revenant AND Widow? How long do your abilities take to recharge?[/QUOTE] I use one of those recharge time boost thingies that reduce the recharge time so not very long.
[QUOTE=The_J_Hat;34856462]Quick question: what was the general consensus on Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station? Are they worth the download?[/QUOTE] Bring Down the Sky is good, Pinnacle Station isn't worth your money.
Why must people with terrible connections always be the Leader? I'm tired of lag causing my abilities/weapons to do no damage 50% of the time.
I don't know how many more assignments I want to do in Mass Effect 1 i hate driving the Mako.
[QUOTE=Zezibesh;34852561]SMGs sucked in both me2 and me3[/QUOTE] Uh... no? I use my SMG a lot on my Infiltrator. I have the one that has a 50 round magazine and holds like 800 extra rounds. Put it on Tungsten/Inferno or Disruptor ammo and it RIPS through armour/shields like nobody's fucking business. [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Saza;34852651]I see really only one ridge in that grip so I guess it could work for either race. [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] oh and that purple glow is the mass effect core that reduces the recoil basically it works the same was as drednaught mass accelerator cannons (the recoil dampening anyways), just smaller, less powerful, and for shot force to recoil force is different.[/QUOTE] The idea of a mass effect core in a gun large enough to glow through it gives me funny ideas. Like overloading the core and throwing the gun in a group of enemies.
[QUOTE=One;34856718]I don't know how many more assignments I want to do in Mass Effect 1 i hate driving the Mako.[/QUOTE] I LOVE driving the Mako. I feel like such a minority :(
[QUOTE=JeanLuc761;34856810]I LOVE driving the Mako. I feel like such a minority :([/QUOTE] I never had a problem with it. Just keep holding forward, it will drive over anything. The Hammerhead is a weak piece of crap and I can never tell if I'm actually taking damage.
[QUOTE=-Ben_Wolfe-;34853381]If I am to get a news reporter on my ship it'd be Emily Wong. Hell, I'd even take Khalish bezine jablahblah aboard.[/QUOTE] Me too. So I could use her as my personal punching bag. God I hope we get to punch Kalish ba sin again in ME3.
I think I have a crush on Jack. Is that odd?
Pretty sure she does the crushing. Literally.
[QUOTE=Ven Kaeo;34856837]Me too. So I could use her as my personal punching bag. God I hope we get to punch Kalish ba sin again in ME3.[/QUOTE] Apparently punching her [sp]reduces your Galactic Readiness ID=215 Khalisah Bint Sinan Al Jilani Type: Military SubType: Fleet StartingStrength=5 ConditionalDescription="Paragon interrupt when meeting her, ME3" ID=266 Never Punched Reporter Type: Modifier - StartingStrength=0 ConditionalDescription="Never Punched her in ME1 ME2 or ME3"[/sp]
[QUOTE=Sardonus;34856938]I think I have a crush on Jack. Is that odd?[/QUOTE] considering her clothing, I wouldn't say so
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.