• Mass Effect Megathread: DING DONG BANNU edition
    31,544 replies, posted
"We're dropping you into a hot zone. No time for aerial bombardment" " shuttle on final approach, get to the LZ! *map is inside of a reactor*
Alliance military ranks are just confusing. It's a bizarre combination of Marine and Navy rankings. ENLISTED Serviceman 3rd Class/Private 2nd Class Serviceman 2nd Class/Private 1st Class Serviceman 1st Class/Corporal NCOs Service Chief Gunnery Chief Operations Chief OFFICERS 2nd Lieutenant 1st Lieutenant Staff Lieutenant Lieutenant Commander Staff Commander Captain/Major Rear Admiral/General Admiral Fleet Admiral So Shepard and Kaiden are equal in ranks. Shepard's a Captain in the Alliance Navy and Kaiden's a major in the Alliance Marines.
[QUOTE=Kinversulath;35301796]Alliance military ranks are just confusing. It's a bizarre combination of Marine and Navy rankings. ENLISTED Serviceman 3rd Class/Private 2nd Class Serviceman 2nd Class/Private 1st Class Serviceman 1st Class/Corporal NCOs Service Chief Gunnery Chief Operations Chief OFFICERS 2nd Lieutenant 1st Lieutenant Staff Lieutenant Lieutenant Commander Staff Commander Captain/Major Rear Admiral/General Admiral Fleet Admiral So Shepard and Kaiden are equal in ranks. Shepard's a Captain in the Alliance Navy and Kaiden's a major in the Alliance Marines.[/QUOTE] Does it specifically state that Major is on par with Captain, because normally Colonel would be the equivalent Marine rank.
[QUOTE=Kinversulath;35301796]Alliance military ranks are just confusing. It's a bizarre combination of Marine and Navy rankings. ENLISTED Serviceman 3rd Class/Private 2nd Class Serviceman 2nd Class/Private 1st Class Serviceman 1st Class/Corporal NCOs Service Chief Gunnery Chief Operations Chief OFFICERS 2nd Lieutenant 1st Lieutenant Staff Lieutenant Lieutenant Commander Staff Commander Captain/Major Rear Admiral/General Admiral Fleet Admiral So Shepard and Kaiden are equal in ranks. Shepard's a Captain in the Alliance Navy and Kaiden's a major in the Alliance Marines.[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure Shepard once corrected a Quarian Captain who called Shepard "Captain Shepard". To which he/she said "It's Commander, not Captain."
On a ship a Commander will outrank it's equivalent in the army and be equivalent to the army rank above but still make the orders, so on the Normandy Shepard outranks Kaiden. On the ground Kaiden would technically outrank him but Shep is a spectre so it doesn't apply. [editline]26th March 2012[/editline] also, for old times sake: [video=youtube;WvbmKWMhjb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbmKWMhjb0[/video]
Shep was clearly pretty unpopular with the brass after the whole mess with the alpha relay and Cerberus. Anderson and Hackett were probably the only higher-ups that backed him. [editline]26th March 2012[/editline] Which is why Shep hasn't been promoted.
[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m18um2Z9xl1qisrw2o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332811569&Signature=9mblKqmHQkpnrIXNt6erl1blMBo%3D[/IMG]
So I was playing Mass Effect 1, used a relay and this happened. Bug, or foreshadowing by Bioware? You decide. [t]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576699902967108912/AD3C96A774A53B22560AF4C8FD2FE1298383DBC6/[/t]
i should really read previous pages
[QUOTE=Arvuti;35302082]-late-[/QUOTE] Look just a few posts back.
[QUOTE=Heigou;35298895]Manguard aims for the stars! Started at wave 4-5, lasted until the end. Also no editing was made, was too lazy on this one.[/QUOTE] So this happens to other people as well? I get this glitch very often after I get revived. It's pretty cool when you realize you can't die, but then you start falling through the map.
You know what I think would be nice? [sp]If, after Shepard gets knocked out by the beam (indoctrination theory etc.), we see his two squadmates carrying him to the beam while he tries to regain consciousness. And after you reach the citadel, your squadmates have to split up for some reason, and you briefly get to play as each of them. Afterwards, Shepard finally wakes up, regains his strength, and you play as him for the final battle.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Arvuti;35302082]i should really read previous pages[/QUOTE] Well, When you are away from it for a day and there is 400 new posts when you get back, it's tempting to skip a few
Heh, just sided with Tali in the [sp]Geth/Gypsy conflict. Him choking shepard was really fuggen awesome, if you ask me. Really shows that he cares for his species, unlike Tali, who just kills herself and doesn't try to stop Shepurd[/sp] I reloaded afterwards of course, mainly to see Tali [sp]--------die[/sp] Such a sweet sight
[QUOTE=Scar;35302403] I reloaded afterwards of course, mainly to see Tali [sp]--------die[/sp] Such a sweet sight[/QUOTE] >: (
[QUOTE=EcksDee;35302431]>: ([/QUOTE] [sp]I just love how she looks into the sky of her homeworld in despair, only to see the last remnants of her species die.[/sp]
[quote=Udina]"The new Council has to rule with a single voice, Humanity."[/quote] Why is there a Turian, Asari and Salarian councilor then that hold just as much power as Udina? I thought a huge point about the Renegade ending was that people saw Humanity as a rogue species that conquered the Citadel for political dominance.
The music during [sp]grunt's solo fight against the rachni[/sp] was simply amazing, sent shivers down my spine seeing him [sp]'go down fighting'[/sp]
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;35302486]Why is there a Turian, Asari and Salarian councilor then that hold just as much power as Udina? I thought a huge point about the Renegade ending was that people saw Humanity as a rogue species that conquered the Citadel for political dominance.[/QUOTE] The Councilors don't have much power to begin with. They're just representatives of their species' governments.
[QUOTE=JesterUK;35302504]The Councilors don't have much power to begin with. They're just representatives of their species.[/QUOTE] The council is just the Space UN, so the only thing they do is putting sanctions on stuff. And occasionally sending spectres
[QUOTE=Scar;35302403]Heh, just sided with Tali in the [sp]Geth/Gypsy conflict. Him choking shepard was really fuggen awesome, if you ask me. Really shows that he cares for his species, unlike Tali, who just kills herself and doesn't try to stop Shepurd[/sp] I reloaded afterwards of course, mainly to see Tali [sp]--------die[/sp] Such a sweet sight[/QUOTE] [sp] the part where legion chokes shepard, that was recycled animation from ME1 where saren chokes shepard in virmire :V [/sp]
[QUOTE=Arvuti;35302580][sp] the part where legion chokes shepard, that was recycled animation from ME1 where saren chokes shepard in virmire :V [/sp][/QUOTE] You ruined it for me [img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-smith.gif[/img]
[QUOTE=marcus;35302498]The music during [sp]grunt's solo fight against the rachni[/sp] was simply amazing, sent shivers down my spine seeing him [sp]'go down fighting'[/sp][/QUOTE] 8 Shots with a 1 round shotgun action alalalalalalala
[QUOTE=Viper202;35302617]8 Shots with a 1 round shotgun action alalalalalalala[/QUOTE] RAMON FILM PRODUCTIONS - Who killed Captain Alex??? [editline]26th March 2012[/editline] [video=youtube;BymeLkZ7GqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM[/video]
[QUOTE=Swebonny;35302679]RAMON FILM PRODUCTIONS - Who killed Captain Alex??? [editline]26th March 2012[/editline] [video=youtube;BymeLkZ7GqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM[/video][/QUOTE] It's [media], not [video] :v:
Actually it is [video] nowdays? I think both works.
[QUOTE=Whatsinaname;35302285]You know what I think would be nice? [sp]If, after Shepard gets knocked out by the beam (indoctrination theory etc.), we see his two squadmates carrying him to the beam while he tries to regain consciousness. And after you reach the citadel, your squadmates have to split up for some reason, and you briefly get to play as each of them. Afterwards, Shepard finally wakes up, regains his strength, and you play as him for the final battle.[/sp][/QUOTE] I don't understand why they want Shepard alone at the end. He had a team at the end of both previous games. If he didn't have a team he would fail, it was the entire point of Mass effect 2. Now they want him to be Space Jesus.
This game really wants me to die in Multiplayer I got like 80+ of any equipment EXCEPT for medigel, which i have Zero off And i'v not gotten any in like 20 packs Why does it want me to die
How come all you guys have such problems with medigel? I got pretty much medigel, but I don't use it very often, I save it to when it's extremely neccesary.
[QUOTE=jiggu;35302876]How come all you guys have such problems with medigel? I got pretty much medigel, but I don't use it very often, I save it to when it's extremely neccesary.[/QUOTE] When you play on Gold you'll see why medigel is a necessity.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.