• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series Megathread: We have Fashion Designers and Wizard Difficulty, does Metro?
    10,004 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Thorny;34959168]so what happened to the thread locking and shit[/QUOTE] It's either going to happen every 31/32 days or not anymore.
Is there perhaps a mod or some way to remove the camera shaking when moving around? My buddy wants to play the game but the wobbling makes him want to puke :(
type 'cam_inert 1' into the console also, LA calendar time! [t]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/12/11987/calendar_12_marcius_en_4_3.jpg[/t]
[QUOTE=Thorny;34959489]type 'cam_inert 1' into the console also, LA calendar time! [/QUOTE] It didn't work apparently
[QUOTE=Legolas;34959303]Is there perhaps a mod or some way to remove the camera shaking when moving around? My buddy wants to play the game but the wobbling makes him want to puke :([/QUOTE] cam_inert 0
oh yeah it was 0, sorry i got mixed up as I always use something like 0.1
Hi guys, so I finally started a first serious run of SoC that I'm actually going to finish. bro love [IMG]http://filesmelt.com/dl/XR_3DA_2012-03-02_20-39-27-10.png[/IMG]
[QUOTE=Jericho_Rus;34960693]Hi guys, so I finally started a first serious run of SoC that I'm actually going to finish. bro love [IMG]http://filesmelt.com/dl/XR_3DA_2012-03-02_20-39-27-10.png[/IMG][/QUOTE] such is life in [B][U]ROOKIE[/U][/B] camp.
Something from another game that I think'd work quite well in STALKER is this: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JYYJY.png[/IMG] Buying drinks gives a random chance, depending on the value of the drinks bought, for the barman to provide the player with rumours, useful info and plot hooks. Particularly, I think it'd fit in well with STALKER's A-Life and the like. [QUOTE=Muukkis;34961232]I think it'd be a swell idea and also the other inebriated Bar patrons might want to tell the player stories, especially if you offer them a drink as well.[/QUOTE] Well, yeah, I suppose you could expand it into a way of making contacts and friends that isn't just helping the wounded or killing things. [QUOTE=tarasov;34962125]Jesus H Christ, is that BGII or Icewind Dale? Made me want to see Faerun again.[/QUOTE] BGII. Got back into the series 'cos of a [URL="http://baldursgate.com/"]mysterious webpage[/URL] promising some kind of updated BG at some point in the future.
[QUOTE=Etcetera;34961189]Buying drinks gives a random chance, depending on the value of the drinks bought, for the barman to provide the player with rumours, useful info and plot hooks. Particularly, I think it'd fit in well with STALKER's A-Life and the like.[/QUOTE] I think it'd be a swell idea and also the other inebriated Bar patrons might want to tell the player stories, especially if you offer them a drink as well. [QUOTE=Jericho_Rus;34961299]By the way, people, do you help out fellow stalkers by providing them with a medkit once they're injured?[/QUOTE] Yeah, it's sort of against a stalker "honor code" to leave a person to die if you can help them. [QUOTE=Jericho_Rus;34961299]I always do but there's no karma system or anything special a "green-coloured" guy can do, right?[/QUOTE] Not really. However, some mods allow you to recruit people who are "friendly"(green) toward you on raids so there at least it's useful. Also, they don't turn hostile against you so easily. For example, if you kill a stalker from a group with neutrals and friendlies (green), most neutrals will open fire on you but the "friend" will turn neutral toward you.
[QUOTE='[Green];34961144']such is life in [B][U]ROOKIE[/U][/B] camp.[/QUOTE] I really like how stalkers are presented in the game. They're so different from any other community in other games which really adds up to the atmosphere. That's why the game's so popular, I guess. By the way, people, do you help out fellow stalkers by providing them with a medkit once they're injured? I always do but there's no karma system or anything special a "green-coloured" guy can do, right?
[QUOTE=Jericho_Rus;34961299] By the way, people, do you help out fellow stalkers by providing them with a medkit once they're injured? I always do but there's no karma system or anything special a "green-coloured" guy can do, right?[/QUOTE] Depends on the weapon he is carrying.
[QUOTE=Etcetera;34961189]Something from another game that I think'd work quite well in STALKER is this: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JYYJY.png[/IMG] Buying drinks gives a random chance, depending on the value of the drinks bought, for the barman to provide the player with rumours, useful info and plot hooks. Particularly, I think it'd fit in well with STALKER's A-Life and the like. Well, yeah, I suppose you could expand it into a way of making contacts and friends that isn't just helping the wounded or killing things.[/QUOTE] Jesus H Christ, is that BGII or Icewind Dale? Made me want to see Faerun again.
Misery makes my computer miserable :/ Despite it's relatively limited additions compared to any other mod i've tried (and having reduced draw distances and texture res to CoP default), it still loads slower than every single other one i've tried on FDL; even slower than SGM.
[QUOTE=Jericho_Rus;34961299]By the way, people, do you help out fellow stalkers by providing them with a medkit once they're injured? I always do but there's no karma system or anything special a "green-coloured" guy can do, right?[/QUOTE] Every time I give one of them a medkit they usually kill themselves right after.
[QUOTE=JustGman;34963131]Every time I give one of them a medkit they usually kill themselves right after.[/QUOTE] They usually just get a medkit in their inventory on my end, so I often end up buying it off of them. And then they walk into a fucking Vortex.
I help any stalker up back to his feet, even if I normally can't spare a medkit.
One huge advantage you have in People Soup is that MRE's act as medkits, and most advanced stalkers and military troops have them. The fact that they're counted as food mean that the NPC's cannot use them instead of a medkit, either.
[QUOTE=croguy;34963475]One huge advantage you have in People Soup is that MRE's act as medkits, and most advanced stalkers and military troops have them. The fact that they're counted as food mean that the NPC's cannot use them instead of a medkit, either.[/QUOTE] I guess they put ground up people into the MREs to give the eater more health or something
[QUOTE=Cone;34963552]I guess they put ground up people into the MREs to give the eater more health or something[/QUOTE] Maybe they're just manefactured by the same people that made all that food in Return To Castle Wolfenstein?
[QUOTE=croguy;34963475]One huge advantage you have in People Soup is that MRE's act as medkits, and most advanced stalkers and military troops have them. The fact that they're counted as food mean that the NPC's cannot use them instead of a medkit, either.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Cone;34963552]I guess they put ground up people into the MREs to give the eater more health or something[/QUOTE] New conspiracy has arisen. The MRE's are made from Stone Blood, Meat Chunk and Soul artifacts broken and ground up. It's like Soylent Green, except with a lemony Zone twist. Or, this pertains to my other theory on Death Trucks. The Monolith steal bodies, grind them up, make them into MRE's and give them to Monolith troopers. That's how Monolith have such strong hair and bones, because they get all their vitamins from dead guys.
[QUOTE=croguy;34963628]Maybe they're just manefactured by the same people that made all that food in Return To Castle Wolfenstein?[/QUOTE] I'm glad someone remembers that game and has fond memories of healing by dancing on top of german chicken dinners. [editline]herp[/editline] I was kind of disappointed that in the sequel you couldn't eat dog food like in the first 3d Wolfenstein game (Wolf3d)
[QUOTE=Doneeh;34963698]New conspiracy has arisen. The MRE's are made from Stone Blood, Meat Chunk and Soul artifacts broken and ground up. It's like Soylent Green, except with a lemony Zone twist. Or, this pertains to my other theory on Death Trucks. The Monolith steal bodies, grind them up, make them into MRE's and give them to Monolith troopers. That's how Monolith have such strong hair and bones, because they get all their vitamins from dead guys.[/QUOTE] But wait, Strider has short hair. Logically, if Monolith hair were strong, he'd want to grow it as long as possible to protect from bullets and shrapnel. Maybe that's why he was expelled from the Monoltih?
Guys! I found out where "bread" comes from! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqWXO87TlH4[/media]
[QUOTE=Cone;34963743]But wait, Strider has short hair. Logically, if Monolith hair were strong, he'd want to grow it as long as possible to protect from bullets and shrapnel. Maybe that's why he was expelled from the Monoltih?[/QUOTE] We've blown the case wide open. Good job team, debriefing in ten minutes.
does anyone read the wiki other then me to know the back story of everyone?
[QUOTE=Verky;34964153]does anyone read the wiki other then me to know the back story of everyone?[/QUOTE] You mean the character biographies ? Yeah, I find them pretty intriguing and was bummed that GSC took them out of the game since it made the characters feel a bit more fleshed out even though it was a few lines of text at the most. It's one of the minor features that I'd like to see returned in S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2. Maybe when you meet new unique characters, you could ask some NPCs about them or collect the info off their corpses. [QUOTE=DeeCeeTeeBee;34964629]Was sad to see that he ended up turning in to a "bad" Merc :([/QUOTE] There aren't "good" mercenaries or "bad" mercenaries, just different outfits that do what they're paid to do and they sit in the same moral gray area as regular stalkers.
I'm constantly chekcing the Wiki. It was only today that I found that Skull from SoC is the same Skull from CoP. I thought it was just a coincidence/a nod at the SoC Silence Squad skull. Was sad to see that he ended up turning in to a "bad" Merc :(
i love the wiki
[QUOTE=DeeCeeTeeBee;34964629]Was sad to see that he ended up turning in to a "bad" Merc :([/QUOTE] Well, he [I]was[/I] always on the edge of the looney bin so it's no suprise he got booted off after he killed everyone in Freedom and decided to join the Mercs.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.