• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series Megathread: We have Fashion Designers and Wizard Difficulty, does Metro?
    10,004 replies, posted
[QUOTE=proch;35039244]Exactly, and I want to see what GSC will do. Just for fun.[/QUOTE] I'll go on a hunch and guess it'll end exactly the same as it did with RGGGCLP. Anyone remember that? Me and him arguing on the GSC forums and everyone else jumped in against him. GSC however did nothing.
[QUOTE=Jamie1992GSC;35040773]I'll go on a hunch and guess it'll end exactly the same as it did with RGGGCLP. Anyone remember that? Me and him arguing on the GSC forums and everyone else jumped in against him. GSC however did nothing.[/QUOTE] Feh, I still don't reckon many people feel any obligation to actually pay for it. GSC proper's interaction with the Stalker community always seems a bit on the poor side, though. Mullins is pretty much carrying the team, English-speaking community wise. [QUOTE=Sgt Doom;35040755] EDIT: Does Snag already recognize Nimble's new weapons? I can't remember.[/QUOTE] I think he mentioned a bit back that it does. this forum needs a strikethrough button for correcting mistakes without looking revisionist and making hilarious jokes.
he does in redux v2.0 but not in v1.0
I'm assuming dialogs_zaton is what controls both Nimble's order system and Snag's inept con dialog? EDIT: Looking at that script, it seems that Snag should recognize them; all names of Nimble's weapons mentioned are the Redux ones dialogs_jupiter mention the old guns, but that's for the saving Mitay quest when that random prick rips you off for money or a nice gun.
Well regardless of what happens. I doubt anything will ever come from GSC about it. The whole Faction Commander on Clear Sky never got any attention from anyone apart from the mod's after it all got out of hand.
[QUOTE=Jamie1992GSC;35041084]Well regardless of what happens. I doubt anything will ever come from GSC about it. The whole Faction Commander on Clear Sky never got any attention from anyone apart from the mod's after it all got out of hand.[/QUOTE] What exactly happened?
Easier to show you. [editline]7th March 2012[/editline] Basically we were talking about a mod called Golden mod and to unpack they charged a fee. I made a comment how it's similar to what RGGGCLP does and then he made an alt called Smoq3 and started to get all bitchy and shit about it and trying to twist it all around to me and such. Then people like Imperial joined in etc, got heated and eventually died down when mods shut it all down.
I understood very little of that. Nevermind. ION I decided to put some more thought into that drinks for rumours mechanism that I borrowed from BG and started spouting the brilliance of. Apologies for the poor graphic design, and for co-opting Dimuha Ninja into this, it was the only name I could remember. [img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii139/elephantperson/boozeconcept.png[/img] Obviously this is just a mock-up, but I think it'd add to the game. There's hot food which can only be eaten in bar areas but provides better sustenance, a more realistic way of making friends with individual Stalkers (buying everyone a round is the obvious one, but drinking with other Stalkers might increase your relations with them slightly), a tip jar to reward the hard working barman (which would increase your rep with him very slightly), and a more believable way of giving the player cookie-cutter quests than the way it's done in, for example, TFW. Obviously a lot of dialogue would have to be written to stop it from getting stale and repetitive, but writing is something that FP stalkerbros seem very good at (yes, even Green). It also gets round the problem of dialogues in Stalker only ever being between two people (this is the case, right). When the player exits the bar screen, they could go talk to, in this case, German AA-Gun and initiate a new quest that way. Completing the quest would increase relations with German's squad and possibly Zaton loners as a whole. On the other hand, members of all factions present in the bar might offer the player jobs. You might also find out about the location of a powerful mutant, hints to the location of a stash, or that a particularly rare artifact has spawned in an anomaly.
That'd be an awesome way to get missions.
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35041938]Completing the quest would increase relations with German's squad and possibly Zaton loners as a whole.[/QUOTE] If it's that easy to make your rep skyrocket, there should be also balancing factors to prevent everyone loving you in a heartbeat forever and forever. Otherwise excellent concept.
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35041938][img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii139/elephantperson/boozeconcept.png[/img][/QUOTE] You heard it here first, folks; stutterers are pimps. I am now 100% certified to examine female genitals.
Hey, I need help with my crashing for OGSE. Anyone care to provide assistance?
You'd be better off finding an official thread somewhere and asking there.
Welp, I shot a SEVA Duty-er so hard that my game crashed.
[QUOTE=Teh Zip File;35043719]You'd be better off finding an official thread somewhere and asking there.[/QUOTE] As in on the GSC forums?
is there anyway to get to the monolith commander in sgm 2.0 without killing them all? i gave the guy leon's suitcase and got the right box. i wanna join the monolith ):
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35041938]I understood very little of that. Nevermind. ION I decided to put some more thought into that drinks for rumours mechanism that I borrowed from BG and started spouting the brilliance of. Apologies for the poor graphic design, and for co-opting Dimuha Ninja into this, it was the only name I could remember. [img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii139/elephantperson/boozeconcept.png[/img] Obviously this is just a mock-up, but I think it'd add to the game. There's hot food which can only be eaten in bar areas but provides better sustenance, a more realistic way of making friends with individual Stalkers (buying everyone a round is the obvious one, but drinking with other Stalkers might increase your relations with them slightly), a tip jar to reward the hard working barman (which would increase your rep with him very slightly), and a more believable way of giving the player cookie-cutter quests than the way it's done in, for example, TFW. Obviously a lot of dialogue would have to be written to stop it from getting stale and repetitive, but writing is something that FP stalkerbros seem very good at (yes, even Green). It also gets round the problem of dialogues in Stalker only ever being between two people (this is the case, right). When the player exits the bar screen, they could go talk to, in this case, German AA-Gun and initiate a new quest that way. Completing the quest would increase relations with German's squad and possibly Zaton loners as a whole. On the other hand, members of all factions present in the bar might offer the player jobs. You might also find out about the location of a powerful mutant, hints to the location of a stash, or that a particularly rare artifact has spawned in an anomaly.[/QUOTE] Well, if anyone wants me writing dialogue to a mod then I'm game. Nothing against that, however I'm not nearly as good as Paravin who is presumably working on Redux 2.0 Speaking of which, think I could be a co-writer Thorny? Just in case you need one, though.
[video=youtube;WbdpQ2pPlD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbdpQ2pPlD8[/video] I find this song strangely fitting when I'm wandering the zone and the atmosphere just creeps in.
hey guys i wrote a story [quote]bendit wus wulkn to red forast. he kame to monlit nd sked "monlit, du u hat mi a lot?' monlit sed "NO" bendit wus heppy butt monlit sot him "I hat u a PARCKING LOT" monlit laffed nd bendit kryd fourever monlit den gev bendits bodie to snorsk pett nd snorsk reped it wit fresh and den nommed it[/quote] rate if dis mek u disguted <3
Masterpiece!
[QUOTE=Araknid;35046350]hey guys i wrote a story rate if dis mek u disguted <3[/QUOTE] i cry evry time
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35048264]i cry evry time[/QUOTE] u rnt sopposd tu kry u hev to fel disguted butt oke
[QUOTE=Araknid;35046350]hey guys i wrote a story rate if dis mek u disguted <3[/QUOTE] needs more gay sex
[QUOTE=Araknid;35046350]hey guys i wrote a story rate if dis mek u disguted <3[/QUOTE] oh shit green you got a serious fuckin competitor over here
fuq ye mayn shat gan gewt weel
Araknid, are you trying to say English in Rus accent?
[QUOTE=spekter;35036373]The burst shot in BC2 made me love it so much. I used it pretty much non-stop once I unlocked it.[/QUOTE] The hipster in me is mad at Abakan being popular gun in such game as BF3.
[QUOTE='[Green];35045992']Well, if anyone wants me writing dialogue to a mod then I'm game. Nothing against that, however I'm not nearly as good as Paravin who is presumably working on Redux 2.0 Speaking of which, think I could be a co-writer Thorny? Just in case you need one, though.[/QUOTE] I'll go the way and say that, yes, we do need you, since I've got a ton of writing to do but NO time at all!
So what kind of writing would Redux 2.0 need? I'd be game for helping out too, if there's anything you guys need written.
as much as i like the idea of community writers, we're not really open for mass contributions and volunteer writers right now
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.