• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series Megathread: We have Fashion Designers and Wizard Difficulty, does Metro?
    10,004 replies, posted
[QUOTE=themodtester;35107364]Don't make me bump it.[/QUOTE] it really sucks that Last Light got pushed back to 2013
[QUOTE=themodtester;35107364]Don't make me bump it.[/QUOTE] Bring it on. We still have miniguns, you tunnel dwelling "I only go less than a kilometer away from a station" Russians. [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100716214234/stalker/images/0/03/5sshot3.jpg[/img] [editline]12th March 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Cone;35107533]it really sucks that Last Light got pushed back to 2013[/QUOTE] Yeah, but so did STALKER 2. On the bright side, 2013 will be the Year of Slavic Apocalypse Games.
I'm pretty sure GSC's support team is composed of robots, I send a ticket to them complaining that my cd key won't work for shit in multiplayer and they just replied me with "Greetings" and my exact key again after it. I guess they got brainwashed by the Holy Monolith again.
[QUOTE=croguy;35107588]Bring it on. We still have miniguns, you tunnel dwelling "I only go less than a kilometer away from a station" Russians. [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100716214234/stalker/images/0/03/5sshot3.jpg[/img] [editline]12th March 2012[/editline] Yeah, but so did STALKER 2. On the bright side, 2013 will be the Year of Slavic Apocalypse Games.[/QUOTE] the thing is, we have mods
[QUOTE=comet1337;35107854]the thing is, we have mods[/QUOTE] And that's why the STALKER Megathread is alive and fine and the Metro Megathread is near death. :v:
[QUOTE=croguy;35107882]And that's why the STALKER Megathread is alive and fine and the Metro Megathread is near death. :v:[/QUOTE] It might also be that stalker is also a much more interesting game to talk about, but the metro book was by far better than any stalker book.
[QUOTE=ChunkyMilk95;35108245]It might also be that stalker is also a much more interesting game to talk about[/QUOTE] Metro has a really strong atmosphere but unlike STALKER, there's not much variation and aside from using stealth or not, it largely plays out the same for everyone. S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are a polar opposite in that SoC and CoP produce a countless number of unique situations and interesting tales thanks to the A-Life system. [QUOTE=ChunkyMilk95;35108245]the metro book was by far better than any stalker book.[/QUOTE] Metro 2033 was indeed an amazingly atmospheric book and more intriguing than the game adaptation. Haven't read any S.T.A.L.K.E.R novels but from what I hear most of them aren't very good and rape the lore in various ways. Looking forward to reading Southern Comfort, though. [QUOTE=Doneeh;35108665]What about Clear Sky?[/QUOTE] Unless we're talking about mods like TFW or PreSky (both of which appeared only lately), most of Clear Sky's levels are really static and predictable. For example, once the Clear Sky vs Renegades thing gets fought out in the Swamps, the renegades will not move anywhere from their fixed spots they keep respawning to. Same thing with the Cordon army base : Their reinforcements come from outside the map instead of Agroprom reinforcing Cordon block post and vice versa which means that the various A.I groups will stay in their spawns and won't move unless the player aggroes them. Granted, the Faction Wars do bring about some unpredictable moments but not like SoC or CoP.
What about Clear Sky? The shit that's happened to me in the others is nothing in comparison what's happened in Clear Sky. The only thing from the other games that stands with it is the time in CoP when literally dozens upon dozens of boars, controllers, and fleshes cornered me during a blowout in the middle of nowhere at Yanov. Still, I gotta say I love CS the most.
[QUOTE=ChunkyMilk95;35108245]It might also be that stalker is also a much more interesting game to talk about, but the metro book was by far better than any stalker book.[/QUOTE] You shouldn't compare it to any stalker book but "Roadside Picnic". It was RP that spawned the whole idea of the Zone, just like Glukhotsky's book created the world of Metro. [editline]12th March 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Muukkis;35108594]Metro has a really strong atmosphere but unlike STALKER, there's not much variation and aside from using stealth or not, it largely plays out the same for everyone. S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are a polar opposite in that SoC and CoP produce a countless number of unique situations and interesting tales thanks to the A-Life system. Metro 2033 was indeed an amazingly atmospheric book and more intriguing than the game adaptation. Haven't read any S.T.A.L.K.E.R novels but from what I hear most of them aren't very good and rape the lore in various ways. Looking forward to reading Southern Comfort, though.[/QUOTE] :) Look forward to the sequel. It'll leave no radioactive crevice of the Exclusion Zone untouched.
[QUOTE=Sgt Doom;35092703]Sounds more like "tå nie buuch" to me, i'unno. No bloody idea. I know that "spaseba muzhik" or however it's spelt means "thanks dude" and that's about it.[/QUOTE] Well, Polish and Russian have something (even if very, very little) in common, and this "Staje" sounds like the polish "Staje" which means "Stands up". It's kind of funny to play stalker and understand like 1/4 of what they're saying because of world similarities. [editline]12th March 2012[/editline] Also Why do we like Dick waving contests with other games? :v:
I understand like 95% because I learn russian in school and I live in a russian part of town. And I can tell you one thing - I fucking hate teenage russians.
[QUOTE=Paravin;35109237]I understand like 95% because I learn russian in school and I live in a russian part of town. And I can tell you one thing - I fucking hate teenage russians.[/QUOTE] Non-topic but I have to ask: I hear Russian grammar has degraded severely in pretty much everything excluding the government. Is this true?
i got stalker online working and i think the russians were laughing at me in chat :(
[QUOTE='[Green];35109582']Non-topic but I have to ask: I hear Russian grammar has degraded severely in pretty much everything excluding the government. Is this true?[/QUOTE] Imagine how English would degrade if most online stuff were written with Cyrillic characters and lots of Russian slang words. [editline]12th March 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=JustGman;35109667]i got stalker online working and i think the russians were laughing at me in chat :([/QUOTE] They fucking hate us.
[QUOTE='[Green];35109582']Non-topic but I have to ask: I hear Russian grammar has degraded severely in pretty much everything excluding the government. Is this true?[/QUOTE] I think yes, because the language can't be called a shell of its former self, because, well, there's no shell left. It's raped to all hell.
Streaming soon, most likely. [editline]12th March 2012[/editline] [url]http://www.livestream.com/tinter[/url] Get in here stalker.
Tinter gave me a million dollars to post this.
I was supposed to bump first, you've taken my spot
I'm watching the stream.. ARE YOU?
nope
He's going to have to pay me a lot more than that to do anything but BLOOP the stream.
Raw footage from Tinter's suffering at the Project 62 Testing Facility : [quote][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fejj8-hcHz0[/media][/quote] [QUOTE=chaz13;35112464]Finished CoP. Kinda disappointed.. seemed a lot shorter...[/QUOTE] Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that it ended when the cool bit (Pripyat) seemed to start but it kind of makes sense since it's supposed to just close the trilogy started by SoC. [QUOTE=chaz13;35112464]and more [B]linear[/B] than the others..[/QUOTE] [img]http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-raise.gif[/img] I'm not sure if I follow since Call of Pripyat was the most open game both in terms of level design and in what order you decide to take on the various quests and do the first part of the main quest (choppers) at your own pace unlike SoC and CS which are hurrying you towards your next plot mission. If by "linearity" you mean that some of the side quests lack replayability a bit then I sort of agree but there are still many quests you can do rather differently depending on your choices and what achievements you want to pursue.
Stream over for now. Got past the zombies in the weapon testing fac. Now for the giant. Same bat time, same bat channel!
Finished CoP. Kinda disappointed.. seemed a lot shorter and more linear than the others. It was fun while it lasted but neither of the sequels have a patch on the original in my opinion.
[QUOTE=chaz13;35112464]Finished CoP. Kinda disappointed.. seemed a lot shorter and more linear than the others. It was fun while it lasted but neither of the sequels have a patch on the original in my opinion.[/QUOTE] You're right, Clear Sky is the best. Those sequels to it pale in comparison. That wasn't a joke. Rate agree, not funny.
Fuck there is so much stuff in SGM.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLSWh2JbdY&hd=1[/media] I still never grow tired of these.
I haven't found a solution to this, but the file for Doom's mod for SoC seems to be broken, I can't open it in 7zip or Winrar
I have a problem. On my map in SGM it doesn't show where the secondary objectives are, only the primary. Any fix to this?
Should i save my Monolith Drawing for the next thread?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.