• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series Megathread: We have Fashion Designers and Wizard Difficulty, does Metro?
    10,004 replies, posted
Reading that Q and A made me feel empty.. The remains of STALKER becoming something like that? Let's drink to him once more, he was a good Stalker. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HF0wT.jpg[/IMG]
You should be able to play as a deformed guy and everyone are like uh what the hell and some people shoot at you for being mutant.# I'm just being silly... [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=dryg;35732201]Reading that Q and A made me feel empty.. The remains of STALKER becoming something like that? Let's drink to him once more, he was a good Stalker. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HF0wT.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] ahahaha, no thank you.
[QUOTE=dryg;35732201]Reading that Q and A made me feel empty.. The remains of STALKER becoming something like that? Let's drink to him once more, he was a good Stalker. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HF0wT.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] why would you do that to a hat?
i'm really wondering how they're going to bring a sense of life to survarium without a-life in some form
[QUOTE=whatthe;35731392]They should do a Kickstarter for S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 or something.[/QUOTE] Kickstarter is only for Americans.
and for about the hundredth time, money is not the issue
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35732240]why would you do that to a hat?[/QUOTE] Stuck the patches under the hammer and sickle pin, wouldn't dare to do anything to my precious ushanka
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35731096]This is interesting. My concern, though, is that if anyone ends up playing the same mission twice it'll cripple their immersion.[/QUOTE] My greatest concern is that Vostok Games ceases existing and whatever game Survarium turns out to be stops existing. They shouldn't have bothered with this MMO horseradish and just made a single player / co-op game with good online integration and things like persistent characters that can be carried between sp and mp. That said, I hope that it'll be okay if for the main reason that VG needs to be financially more secure so they could one day put out good,[B]moddable[/B] single-player games which is their strong suit. And by moddable, I don't mean just some superficial things like editing HUDs but new levels, quests and that sort of thing. [editline]herp[/editline] Also, the MMO could become a quagmire for VG : With a traditional FPS they could get out a product, patch it up and focus on a sequel but in this case, it will be a long-ass time before it even is going to get "finished", judging their plans to expand it with maps long into the future. They're kept constantly busy by making new updates, adjusting balance and creating new content which ties up their resources completely. On the plus side, it may be just the thing to keep them alive until they can wrestle the S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 I.P from Grigorovich, which would not perhaps otherwise be the case.
[QUOTE=tarasov;35731056]Survarium Q&A Q: MMOs typically have a large number of players. How will you manage to keep the traditional atmosphere of isolation and survival with hundreds or thousands of people on the same server? A: We plan to impose a limited number of players on a map per one play-session. This will make sure the game is not overcrowded with players. [/QUOTE] Am I the only one really afraid of this idea? Being told you can't go somewhere because there's too much people would break the fuck out of my immersion.
[QUOTE=rikimaru6811;35728177]Some more pictures... [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7gdhz.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] Now make a Grandpa Scar one where he's around his Tark children, singing campfire songs to sooth them to sleep so they don't cry and keep him from drinking.
[QUOTE=Feuver;35732660]Am I the only one really afraid of this idea? Being told you can't go somewhere because there's too much people would break the fuck out of my immersion.[/QUOTE] if they have any sense it'll be a system like guild wars and not actually just 'this area is full, can't go there'
[QUOTE=Beacon;35733095]if they have any sense it'll be a system like guild wars and not actually just 'this area is full, can't go there'[/QUOTE] Can you tell me, I haven't played guild wars.
[QUOTE=Feuver;35733102]Can you tell me, I haven't played guild wars.[/QUOTE] they have 'mini servers' of sorts that you can hop between at will, each with a certain amount of players in them so the game chooses a mini-server for you when you cross zones, based on which are emptiest etc so you have hopefully equally filled mini-servers, and hence, areas
[QUOTE=Beacon;35733252]they have 'mini servers' of sorts that you can hop between at will, each with a certain amount of players in them so the game chooses a mini-server for you when you cross zones, based on which are emptiest etc so you have hopefully equally filled mini-servers, and hence, areas[/QUOTE] But can they afford that kind of thing for a F2P MMO?
[QUOTE=Feuver;35733365]But can they afford that kind of thing for a F2P MMO?[/QUOTE] i don't think it would cost any more than a normal set of servers as each mini server is just based in a main one I think
The big deal is getting a stable server up. And we all know how decent servers GSC has, they sure managed to hold out for long when the movie trailer got released.
I hope the Survarium won't be the end of our Stalker Megathreads
[QUOTE=smeismastger;35734103]I hope the Survarium won't be the end of our Stalker Megathreads[/QUOTE] As active as the thread is I don't see it ending anytime soon. Unrelated: Is there anyway to read the Kindle version of a book without a Kindle? I'm hesitant to spend 80 dollars without knowing if I'll ever use a Kindle again after I read the Stalker books.
[QUOTE=dogmachines;35734175]As active as the thread is I don't see it ending anytime soon. Unrelated: Is there anyway to read the Kindle version of a book without a Kindle? I'm hesitant to spend 80 dollars without knowing if I'll ever use a Kindle again after I read the Stalker books.[/QUOTE] You can download the software to read it on your PC, there's an Iphone (and I assume android) app as well. [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=smeismastger;35734103]I hope the Survarium won't be the end of our Stalker Megathreads[/QUOTE] people are still coming up with new and original stuff for SoC. Stalker modding's got a lot of life in it yet
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35734193]people are still coming up with new and original stuff for SoC. Stalker modding's got a lot of life in it yet[/QUOTE] There'll be always S.T.A.L.K.E.R fanatics roaming the thread, no need to worry. Besides, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is not [I]dead[/I], just frozen. Maybe history will repeat itself and the true sequel of SoC will go through the same painful journey as it's predecessor did, with many years of delay and troubles. And as you said, there'll always be some new crazy mods lurking around the corner or discussions about the lore of the games and related works like the various S.T.A.L.K.E.R novels and newcomers that need to be guided in the ways of the Zone.
[QUOTE=Muukkis;35734391]There'll be always S.T.A.L.K.E.R fanatics roaming the thread, no need to worry. Besides, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is not [I]dead[/I], just frozen. Maybe history will repeat itself and the true sequel of SoC will go through the same painful journey as it's predecessor did, with many years of delay and troubles. And as you said, there'll always be some new crazy mods lurking around the corner or discussions about the lore of the games and related works like the various S.T.A.L.K.E.R novels and newcomers that need to be guided in the ways of the Zone.[/QUOTE] It's Q2 2012 now. What comes after Q2? Q3. And what comes out in Q3? Yes, Lost Alpha.
vintar said there might be complications with LA now that GSC is a bit dead
[QUOTE=Beacon;35734638]vintar said there might be complications with LA now that GSC is a bit dead[/QUOTE] Yeah I know. I didn't want to mention that to avoid being a negative party-pooper.
well dezodor said it should be fine so it's ok
[QUOTE=Beacon;35734638]vintar said there might be complications with LA now that GSC is a bit dead[/QUOTE] I'm curious ; how so ? I mean, obviously Sergei has the rights but would he be that petty to prevent a mod that's not seeking profit from getting released ? [QUOTE=Beacon;35734815]well dezodor said it should be fine so it's ok[/QUOTE] Thank goodness. [QUOTE=Beacon;35734986]they use old GSC content for one thing[/QUOTE] I'm not disputing anything you say but I'm curious how is it different to other mods using assets that are GSC's property ?
they use old GSC content for one thing
Knowing GSC it'll be at least two years before any server outside of Russia goes up for Survarium.
[QUOTE=Beacon;35734986]they use old GSC content for one thing[/QUOTE] Another is that we use the source code and new engine build for LA, so yeah. And before anyone goes "HA! That's why you have PDA chat, cheaters!", we had those features with scripting and dll hacks before. pro fashion designing yo
[QUOTE=Florence;35735390]Another is that we use the source code and new engine build for LA, so yeah. And before anyone goes "HA! That's why you have PDA chat, cheaters!", we had those features with scripting and dll hacks before. pro fashion designing yo[/QUOTE] wait who are you
[QUOTE=Beacon;35735424]wait who are you[/QUOTE] I'm Scruffy the Janitor, except for LA. I'm the guy that makes it so stuff is readable and intelligible (play Priboi, and you'll see why I'm needed). And I write NPC dialogs/quests/etc when asked.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.