• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series Megathread: We have Fashion Designers and Wizard Difficulty, does Metro?
    10,004 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Beacon;35757825]yeah i haven't run the geometry compile since i moved it so don't worry it's just a test[/QUOTE] you should totally stream the geometry compile [editline]29th April 2012[/editline] i'm ssooo bored
full quality takes like 13 hours :/ even draft takes like an hour and a half, and fuck that noise right now
I have seen 2 groups of mercs around The Bar aka Duty's base. 1 group spawned with me as I went from The Garbage, the other group spawned right at the gate to The Wild Territory. (Spawned when I was trying to go grom TWT to The Bar) And one merc bro spawned inside the base who managed to kill a Loner and then got killed by the rest of the Loner group. He was already dead when I got there. Such A-Life in The Zone...
[QUOTE=Beacon;35757279][t]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3676303/xrEngine%202012-04-29%2016-46-41-98.png[/t] yeah play that harmonica you dirty bitch wait what[/QUOTE] Why are his fingers plastic
yeah wow those are some low settings
The Metro thread should say, "We have an upcoming sequel, does Stalker?" [sp]im kidding please dont hurt me[/sp]
[QUOTE=zeldar;35758219]The Metro thread should say, "We have an upcoming sequel, does Stalker?" [sp]im kidding please dont hurt me[/sp][/QUOTE] kill yourself
[QUOTE=zeldar;35758219]The Metro thread should say, "We have an upcoming sequel, does Stalker?" [sp]im kidding please dont hurt me[/sp][/QUOTE] Go back to your dark, cold and dirty tunnels. Right. Now. And bring this message to your pals down there: "We have Beacon and Redux, does Metro?"
Scratch that, wrong mod. [editline]29th April 2012[/editline] Still too early to judge the series for not having mods yet though. They were planning on releasing an SDK after the first game but couldn't do it in time before development of Last Light started, so it remains likely that they'll release it this time.
[QUOTE=zeldar;35758494]Isn't Redux despised?[/QUOTE] Considering it was one of the first decent and polished overhauls for Call of Pripyat, I don't think I've seen anyone openly hate it, sans for some guys at SA criticizing it's difficulty (those dogs man...) It had some controversial decisions like removing the weapon+suit upgrade features to balance out the more deadly weapon ballistics but other than that it made Call of Pripyat an actual survival-oriented experience and included various graphical improvements like Darkenneko's variation mod and AtmosFear 2. The mod was not without errors (seems a bit crashy) but overall, it was widely considered as a good mod, though not for everyone, since some people didn't like the increased harshness and extended hobo-phase. I thinking you're mistaking Redux for "Complete". [QUOTE=zeldar;35758494]Still too early to judge the series for not having mods yet though..[/QUOTE] Isn't it also too early to be certain that Metro is going to have a sequel as well ? Last I heard THQ was going through a rather rough patch financially. Not that I'd want Metro: Last Light to get frozen like STALKER 2 but it's a bit early to start pointing and laughing.
[QUOTE=fear me;35758166]Why are his fingers plastic[/QUOTE] lowest settings + draft quality compile, looks awful, seriously just for testing.
[QUOTE=Muukkis;35758672]Isn't it also too early to be certain that Metro is going to have a sequel as well ? Last I heard THQ was going through a rather rough patch financially. Not that I'd want Metro: Last Light to get frozen like STALKER 2 but it's a bit early to start pointing and laughing.[/QUOTE] Imagine if they cancelled Last Light for Homefront 2 :v:
Yea they're going through a rough patch, but why would they cancel a project that could potentially bring them back? Homefront received a largely negative consensus from sponsor-paid reviewers and general gaming population alike. Unless Crytek does something revolutionary with HF 2 then they're not going to have as much success with it. Metro on the other hand was a sleeper hit. THQ isn't the brightest but they're not [I]that[/I] dumb. [editline]29th April 2012[/editline] And if THQ goes down then I'd imagine that Last Light is unlikely to go with it. I'd actually be glad if they got another publisher since THQ is so DLC-crazed. It would further increase the chances of the developers being allowed to finally release the SDK.
[video=youtube;O1DNtT7RBlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DNtT7RBlw&feature=plcp[/video] holy shit
[QUOTE=Ownederd;35759445]holy shit[/QUOTE] It's the drinking animation from Blops and WaW. So much for originality. :v:
MW2 arms lol
[QUOTE=zeldar;35759398]Yea they're going through a rough patch, but why would they cancel a project that could potentially bring them back?[/QUOTE] It's just a matter of how much Pepsi they drink. Besides, I heard of a renegade Stalker being hunted by the SBU and even the spooks didn't think it necessary to patrol the local Metro because a Zone Stalker wouldn't go there anyway.
[QUOTE=Ownederd;35759445][video=youtube;O1DNtT7RBlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DNtT7RBlw&feature=plcp[/video] holy shit[/QUOTE] Despite those view models being from COD, I kinda like them. Also, would it be possible for him to actually throw the bottle to the side after using it? As in a prop is spawned after using and gets thrown?
[QUOTE=tarasov;35759695]Besides, I heard of a renegade Stalker being hunted by the SBU and even the spooks didn't think it necessary to patrol the local Metro because a Zone Stalker wouldn't go there anyway.[/QUOTE] Because there's jack shit in the tunnels, obviously. Besides. Zone stalkers are way more badass than Metro stalkers.
[QUOTE=croguy;35759935]Because there's jack shit in the tunnels, obviously. Besides. Zone stalkers are way more badass than Metro stalkers.[/QUOTE] They're pretty much the same. The only difference is that the latter is helping a dying civilization.
Does anyone have a Stalkersoup save file after the stupid exo and minigun part?
i'm actually semi-inclined to say metro stalkers are more badass than zone stalkers... I mean, the surface is a seriously fucked up place in Metro.
Is there anyway to change resolution out of game? I got a new monitor and now the game won't start up.
[QUOTE=zeldar;35760086]They're pretty much the same. The only difference is that the latter is helping a dying civilization.[/QUOTE] Apart from Metro being an underground tunnel shooter with sci-fi weapons and scripted events and Stalker an open-area sandbox game with realistic weapons - yes, they are like twin brothers. But imo it makes no sense to start a Metro vs Stalker flame. Both have their beauties, besides, apple and pear, besides, both have features one would like to see in the other.
[quote][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUXwC5EsgTE][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUXwC5EsgTE[/media][/url][/quote] It seems that after reaching a certain point, the mercenaries will just vanish into thin air [img]http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-iiam.gif[/img] [QUOTE=Takuat;35760245]Is there anyway to change resolution out of game? I got a new monitor and now the game won't start up.[/QUOTE] Go to [B]C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-SHOC[/B], find [B]user.ltx[/B] , open it with a notepad and you should find a line at the end called [B]vid_mode[/B] . You could try editing that value. [QUOTE=Fruitsoup;35760455]Are achievments in CoP only avavible in the steam version of the game? Or is it in a patch? Because I have a physical copy, and I can't find any achievment lists anywhere.[/QUOTE] The "Achievements" in Call of Pripyat aren't shown outside of the game : you can access them through your PDA (stats screen IIRC) and they have to be "earned" again on every new playthrough since they're not "achievements" like the cosmetic awards from other games : they're basically the game's way of saying that you have completed a quest chain and made an impact in the game world.
[QUOTE=tarasov;35760252]Apart from Metro being an underground tunnel shooter with sci-fi weapons and scripted events and Stalker an open-area sandbox game with realistic weapons - yes, they are like twin brothers. [/QUOTE] I was referring to the comparison of Zone stalkers and Metro stalkers but okay....
Are achievments in CoP only avavible in the steam version of the game? Or is it in a patch? Because I have a physical copy, and I can't find any achievment lists anywhere.
[QUOTE=Fruitsoup;35760455]Are achievments in CoP only avavible in the steam version of the game? Or is it in a patch? Because I have a physical copy, and I can't find any achievment lists anywhere.[/QUOTE] Nah, they're entirely in-game. They're only related to each playthrough. If you make another playthrough you can get different achievements. [url]http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements[/url] < Mild spoilers
[QUOTE=Etcetera;35760489]Nah, they're entirely in-game. They're only related to each playthrough. If you make another playthrough you can get different achievements. [url]http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements[/url] < Mild spoilers[/QUOTE] I see. So is there a list somewhere in the game, or do you have to look at the wiki?
no in game list
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.