• Battlefield 1942 - Jeeps and Heli's FUCK YEA
    95 replies, posted
Yeah people still play vanilla, desert combat and forgotten hope.
If you guys don't have BF2 and have bf 1942 get the Desert Combat mod. Its a modern combat mod for bf 1942 and its awesome!
[QUOTE=I_Forgot;26958672]Do people still play this? The complete edition is only $10 at gamestop, so I'm thinking of picking it up.[/QUOTE] Yup, I don't play it often, but I got the complete, and I saw several full 64 player servers last I fired it up. (What happened to 64 players anyway? Don't fucking tell me bandwidth this game is from like 2002 or some shit and does it fine. We should be swimming in 128 and 256 games now. But no, 32 max.) [editline]26th December 2010[/editline] [QUOTE=Shadowcat123;26945790]I remember the star wars mod Galactic conquest for this, played that for hours. :buddy:[/QUOTE] Better than Battlefront. :v: [editline]26th December 2010[/editline] Back when suicide bombing took skill, and suicide. These days you can just strap some remote sticky bombs on your jeep and not even blow up yourself. >:(
galactic conquest never will a star wars game be that epic: anyone remember being in one of the corrleian corvettes and fighting off empire boarding parties in the hallways and stuff? and the scubs on the bridge would run to the escape pods and jettison into space
[QUOTE=nono345;26964620]galactic conquest never will a star wars game be that epic: anyone remember being in one of the corrleian corvettes and fighting off empire boarding parties in the hallways and stuff? and the scubs on the bridge would run to the escape pods and jettison into space[/QUOTE] Agreed. Galactic Conquest was fucking incredible. [editline]26th December 2010[/editline] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I41BdB6xZio[/media] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuZzRvsK34[/media]
[QUOTE=Thorny;26928055][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg0Tmydj29M[/media][/QUOTE] Kicked by Punkbuster: Handshake Failed
I played a shit ton of galactic conquest. And I still keep up with the interstate 82 mod, infact, there's a strong community behind it.
I actually gotta go check out first strike now.
anyone who wants to play some vanilla or some interstate 82 someday or sometime?
[QUOTE=4NGRY MUFF1N;27005814]anyone who wants to play some vanilla or some interstate 82 someday or sometime?[/QUOTE] the best vanilla bf1942 server host is Moongamers, It's always populated. For interstate82 check out the website [url]www.is82.com[/url] Last night 12 people were on, just keep up with the server feed on the right, displays players in the servers. The best way is to tell everyone when your going on, and peeps will join.
Damn good game, I have fond memories of desert combat interstate 82 Galactic Conquest forgotten hope eve of destruction 1942 was the best of its time and it still does a lot of things better than the new ones. How long will it be again before we can beach battleships, drive subs, or fly bombers with like 6 other people? Shit I remember waiting like 10 minutes everytime for the flying-fortress with 10 other people, it was ridiculous but fun.
Only to have someone parachute in and steal it from under your noses... <<
[QUOTE=nono345;26964620]galactic conquest never will a star wars game be that epic: anyone remember being in one of the corrleian corvettes and fighting off empire boarding parties in the hallways and stuff? and the scubs on the bridge would run to the escape pods and jettison into space[/QUOTE] My favorite maps where the space battle maps was awesome having ships pummel each other with lasers and bombers and fighters battle around you.
[i]"Requesting a pickup!"[/i]
My dad and his friends would always have lan parties on this. i was the best at the game. One time they were sinking my ship and the plane just spawned. I got airborne right when water touched the bottom of my wheels.
Is Vietnam worth installing? Or should I just stick with 1942? meh, going to install it anyways. Game Monitor shows a fair amount of people playing, too.
Oh look you guys made me pop out my Battlefield 1942/Vietnam discs, even found my Halo Combat Evolved Disk in there.. So many memories of running 1942 on my old PC and getting 5 fps :smug:
I have the whole collection. Bf 1942 with secret weapons and road to rome with vietnam. Thats 8 discs, two of them don't fit in the case.
[QUOTE=cdr248;27011046]I have the whole collection. Bf 1942 with secret weapons and road to rome with vietnam. Thats 8 discs, two of them don't fit in the case.[/QUOTE] 8? You saying vietnam is 4?
[QUOTE=sami-elite;27035570]8? You saying vietnam is 4?[/QUOTE] I've got Battlefield: Vietnam infront of me, it has 3 discs.
[QUOTE=K1ngo64;27037418]I've got Battlefield: Vietnam infront of me, it has 4 discs.[/QUOTE] Huh. I have my case too, and it only has 3 discs. :raise: [editline]7:55PM[/editline] We should totally get a Galactic Conquest game going at some point. I've never played on a heavily populated server. :saddowns:
[QUOTE=mrcsb;26923943]and RPGs took skill to use (crazy arcing) but were masterable to the point you could consistently take down helos with them (not apaches and their damn invincible wings) even better was shooting down planes with heavy arty and the most fun thing I did in DC that isn't possible in the newer games is hide inside a blackhawk when it took off, then knife the pilot in midair all the restrictions they've done in the name of realism just fuck things up /ramblingstreamofconsciousness[/QUOTE] I don't think it is really in the name of realism. It's just developers are creating games that are so fucking linear it is ridiculous. They only want players to experience what they want them to experience and really don't let players create their own overall gameplay experience. A game like BF1942 said here is the foundation - maps, transport, and a combat system. Now go kill each other, players got to make up their own attacks, rules, squads, and overall playing style. The only real guidance they gave you was a class system and that was to simply promote team work and set another foundation for roles.
[QUOTE=W0w00t;26920583]They should revisit 1942 completely on Frostbite or a better variant - BUT WITHOUT BAD COMPANY 2 STYLED GAMEPLAY.[/QUOTE] That would be....... FUCKING AWESOME! And most likely my new found obsession.
[QUOTE=Snuffy;27039723]Huh. I have my case too, and it only has 3 discs. :raise:[/QUOTE] Turns out one of them was a backup of disc 1 and I printed the image onto the disc so it looked like the original. Yes, it has only 3 discs.
[QUOTE=sami-elite;27035570]8? You saying vietnam is 4?[/QUOTE] My copy of the Complete Collection has 4 BFV discs. I think three are for the game itself and the last one is for the WWII mod.
Ah that makes sense. But what makes vietnam take up 3 disks?
I got BF1942 and vietnam as soon as they came out. Never got a chance to get the expansions for 1942, though...
I have the 1942 + Vietnam pack also and it has 8 discs, perhaps the map editors and WW2 mod could be the reason? Maybe.
The Secret Weapons Of WW2 was so awesome back in the days, it felt revolutionary when I played it. I never played Vietnam, wich is a shame because I'd really love to so I may end up getting it. Wasn't Battlefield 2 released the same year as it?
There was quite some time between Vietnam and BF2. Almost 2 years I think.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.