• Dayz Mod - The An Hero Simulator for ArmA 2
    10,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Nitrowing;36042574]Had an interesting standoff last night. I stumbled out of the woods into southern Zelenogorsk and saw a grocery store, figured I might be able to scrounge some more beans for the road. I walk inside the back and there was a bandit and a survivor with their guns leveled at each other, obviously not allies in any case. The second I walk in, the two-man standoff became a triangle of tension, guns being aimed at each other, flickering back and forth. Then all hell broke loose. A random fast zombie sprinted in, punched the bandit who shot off a few rounds at it in return, who was then shot by the other survivor with his makarov in the chest a few times. I shot at the survivor who had turned this into a great clusterfuck, popping him in the head with my winchester. Then the bandit got back up from passing out from the pain and turned to me and I to him and we just began to spray and pray. I went down first with a shot to the head, but he must have finally run out of blood because just before I died, I saw his character go limp and all our death messages appear in the chat. This is the kind of shit I play for. [img]http://cinema1544.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mexican-standoff.jpg?w=510&h=223[/img][/QUOTE] Should've gone for the doubletap.
[QUOTE=JakeAM;36042562]UK S.A.S is daytime. Want to group?[/QUOTE] If you dont have a problem with walking around with bandit, sure.
[QUOTE=Scar;36041602]Hehe, shot some dude [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R5ddGNH9TQ]in the back of the head[/url] after I "teamed up" with him. He even bandaged me several time. Dayum it feels so good to be a gangsta thug lyfe[/QUOTE] If I see you, I will shoot you and then you will die.
>log in >flare in building >fuck
[QUOTE=TIS;36042723]If you dont have a problem with walking around with bandit, sure.[/QUOTE] Add Sambow007 to Steam :D
Receiving Data.. Receiving Data.. Receiving Data.. Receiving Data.. ...
Don't know if it's worth, but Arma X only costs about 20 £ in Germany (still English Language, as far as I know) instead 40 £ in the UK... [url]http://www.amazon.de/Morphicon-ARMA-X/dp/B0052IPRLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337626619&sr=8-1[/url]
Oh christ, 0 zombies and no loot on any of the EU servers I go on, does this glitch happen because of the DayZ servers or something?
I think it haves something to do with time corruption like rocket said. Hosters shouldnt play around with the daytime/nighttime cycle, just set a time and let it go because everything in the mod is time driven and adjusting it breaks the server and also is heavily corrupting the main data server or something.
Joined that Rautapalli page for the FP Squad, will that auto-add the [FP] tag to my name or do I have to do it somehow? Because I can't seem to change my character's name.
I joined a server for the first time and have been stuck on "Waiting for character to create" for ~15 minutes, is this normal?
Got to Cherno, I hear firing in the distance, I try to stay on the outer edge of the city along the coast, scavenging buildings on the way(finding ALICE packs and a 1911, also map, compass and loads of watches). Get to the church and hear flys, a dead bandit inside to the corner, start looting. A few seconds later hear footsteps, get off the Gear screen and turn around to see another bandit walking inside completely unaware of me. He notices me, I pull my gun, he pulls his gun and we start unloading our Makarovs into each other, managed to kill him and get away with only some bleeding. He had a sniper rifle(which is current in my possession) but no ammo. I hear automated fire deeper inside the city, I'm getting the fuck out of here. [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=LuckyLuke;36042998]Joined that Rautapalli page for the FP Squad, will that auto-add the [FP] tag to my name or do I have to do it somehow? Because I can't seem to change my character's name.[/QUOTE] It automatically does it.
[QUOTE=Methylparaben;36041963]Whats the printscreen button for Arma?[/QUOTE] I use the Steam screenshot fonction (f12) but most people use fraps. [editline]21st May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=elevator13;36043060]I joined a server for the first time and have been stuck on "Waiting for character to create" for ~15 minutes, is this normal?[/QUOTE] yes. Sometimes the main server is too busy
So what server is everyone on right now? I'm trapped up in the tower on the SW Airfield (Balota) and have an AK with no ammo.
[QUOTE=LuckyLuke;36042998]Joined that Rautapalli page for the FP Squad, will that auto-add the [FP] tag to my name or do I have to do it somehow? Because I can't seem to change my character's name.[/QUOTE] Does that automatically as long as you have the squad url in your profile. And yeah, the game doesn't let you rename the default character. You can make a new one though. If you do that you have to re-apply for the FP squad though since it needs the name of your ARMA 2 soldier to work.
So when is this patch going live?
[QUOTE=Darkslicer;36042932]I think it haves something to do with time corruption like rocket said. Hosters shouldnt play around with the daytime/nighttime cycle, just set a time and let it go because everything in the mod is time driven and adjusting it breaks the server and also is heavily corrupting the main data server or something.[/QUOTE] Just another good reason why they need to stop using the real time day/night crap. Personally I think one day/night should be about the amount of time the average person plays in one sitting. It would make more sense in my opinion. The only purpose night serves is to filter everyone over into the daytime servers which makes it a broken feature.
Do zombies have a random chance of knocking you out? I had 6k blood yet i got hit once and fell over before being raped despite spending 50 mins navigating through Cher at night. Oh and also how do you make a fire, i used my matches but no fire appeared, resulting in me having 4 uncooked steaks?
[QUOTE=DanRatherman;36042232]Maybe Heinz can be convinced to sponsor the mod's new upgraded servers for the in-game advertisement. :v:[/QUOTE] Maybe Coca Cola could be convinced to sponsor the mods new upgraded servers for the in-game advertisement and drop out Pepsi entirely out of the game. I do have a relative who works for the Coca-Cola company.
Maybe all the empty soda cans would be coke cans and pepsi's would give you cancer.
and soon we will be able to build guns outta scrap metal and tin cans!
Slowest loadings 2012 Award
Has the Amazon deal been posted yet? [url]http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-40365ned-Operations-ArmA2-Combined/dp/B003UV8RRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337624865&sr=8-1[/url] Combined Ops for $15
Keep getting bad serial error. was working fine at first, then i got a crash on join from a bad model. so i verified cache, took ages to fix. and now bad serial is back :( running as administrator has no effect now though
[QUOTE=Vengeful Falcon;36043331]Do zombies have a random chance of knocking you out? I had 6k blood yet i got hit once and fell over before being raped despite spending 50 mins navigating through Cher at night. Oh and also how do you make a fire, i used my matches but no fire appeared, resulting in me having 4 uncooked steaks?[/QUOTE] Its because you had low blood pressure. Also when you "create fireplace", it creates a little fire pit thing on the ground right in front of you, then you have to action menu "light fire" to be able to cook things. Make sure you put it out and "remove fireplace", otherwise you wont be able to place another one till you disconnect.
Is it me, or is watching people play this just as fun as doing it?
Jesus Christ, I attracted every zombie in Berezino, so I hid in some apartments on the outskirts, looked down the stairs and saw them all cramped into one tight line coming up, I wasted all of my Winchester and Revolver ammo to escape the fuckers.
Hahha what the fuck: So uh, I got a bit carried away... Updated Changelog: * [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one * [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions) * [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited) * [NEW] Chance of catching infection the lower your temperature * [NEW] Chance of catching infection from already infected players * [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea * [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4 * [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths * [NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while * [NEW] Bandaging Sound when bandaging yourself/someone * [NEW] Coughing sound when you have an infection * [NEW] Camera Shake when temperature drops extremely low * [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas * [NEW] Fire requires wood to keep burning * [FIXED] Should not be pellets for the Winny * [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast * [FIXED] Fog is way too thick * [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall * [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights * [FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time * [FIXED] Zombie spotted alert far too quiet (increased slightly)
[QUOTE=LuckyLuke;36042998]Joined that Rautapalli page for the FP Squad, will that auto-add the [FP] tag to my name or do I have to do it somehow? Because I can't seem to change my character's name.[/QUOTE] You input the squad URL you get after joining into your profile in the ingame menu.
Fire requires wood? How do we get wood?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.