• Dayz Mod - The An Hero Simulator for ArmA 2
    10,000 replies, posted
[QUOTE=NINTENDUDECT;36393278]No offense to rocket, but this is why you don't put new shit in a HOTFIX.[/QUOTE] It's not even that really. It doesn't seem tested AT ALL, like I don't think he ran it before uploading. The weapon bug is the first thing I encountered, a minute in and it doesn't appear to be random either.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWc0mc1z5c&feature=g-u-u[/media] hahah
This is what melee looks like. [video=youtube;KdBdVD-Oo8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBdVD-Oo8I[/video]
Not bad.
Anyone know any servers that are daytime at the moment. I hate playing at night when I am just starting out.
Well that's cool I no longer have a hatchet, because the game decided to throw 6 of them onto the floor along with 2 crowbars while i was trying to switch between my rifles They're not actual crowbars and hatchets though, magazine bags called "hatchet" and "crowbar", which I can't pick back up [IMG]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540678548792513709/7A0E3E06254AA7A4941F9F6B32D0C7B126091C71/[/IMG] [IMG]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540678548792517449/EA72BC3C262E7147C8C4643B1F9AC1B6B387568A/[/IMG] [editline]18th June 2012[/editline] game has also decided to transform the revolver i picked up into a makarov great [editline]18th June 2012[/editline] Trying to pick up anything if you don't have room in your inventory now seems to automatically pull out your binoculars if you have them every time i spawn, i immediately pull out binocs Also, how much space does the crowbar take?
Well, it seems to me that Rocket is an even shittier programmer than Notch.
[QUOTE=Chancebond;36393461]This is what melee looks like. [video=youtube;KdBdVD-Oo8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBdVD-Oo8I[/video][/QUOTE] Finally. Going to get some zombie beat down going as soon as i get on, just going to find my first hatchet/crowbar and just hit as much shit as I can because fuck zombies
I'm fucking annoyed about side channel and all removed. Way too quiet on chat. Melee seems interesting, considering the fact that Arma 2's engine goes crazy about melee. Once I get my gaming PC up and running again (it be broke), maybe the game will be playable. Also holy shit the dayz thread on /vg/, is a massive shitstorm (/vg/ is usually a pretty chill place) about side channel, coding etc.
every server i join ends up crashing after a few minutes wtf
are you fucking kidding me can't use the crowbar i pick up apparently has no "ammo" click noise when i try to hack with it then server shits itself and i come back minus my useless crowbar minus 6 of my M24 mags i know this is just an alpha but jesus rocket get your shit together
[img]http://niggaupload.com/images/RTqOj.jpg[/img] Made some additions to the camp, a ton of ammo for our m4a3 CCOs aswell as a ridiculous amount of AK ammo. Got a DMR and other random useful stuff. And an ATV for making looting [I]a lot[/I] easier. [editline]19th June 2012[/editline] Along with an m16 with a grenade launcher attachment, I wanted to test it out so I shot a flare into the sky, my camp mates weren't impressed with me after they saw a giant glowing orb in the sky just above camp.
[QUOTE=hunter_killah;36393861]every server i join ends up crashing after a few minutes wtf[/QUOTE] They're crashing because picking up and dropping items has the chance to spawn tons of hatchets/crowbars that are just ammo with a different name that you cant pickup. I picked up a watch and it spawned 13 hatchets, then dropped my useless flashlight and it spawned 40ish. It's flooding servers.
The last two patches make me think Rocket isn't actually doing [i]any[/i] pre-testing before uploading them. Would it kill him to let a couple of servers run them for an hour to find possible game-breaking bugs like the crowbar/hatchet ammo transformation, or food and drink not spawning?
yeah he should have some servers dedicated to small-scale testing and publicly release for large-scale performance tests. I'm aware it's an alpha but there should be some tests for such obvious bugs while public releases cover things that might not be so apparent.
[QUOTE=Error_404;36394076]The last two patches make me think Rocket isn't actually doing [i]any[/i] pre-testing before uploading them. Would it kill him to let a couple of servers run them for an hour to find possible game-breaking bugs like the crowbar/hatchet ammo transformation, or food and drink not spawning?[/QUOTE] Or maybe you guys don't understand what an alpha is.
[QUOTE=TGKhaotik;36393825]Well, it seems to me that Rocket is an even shittier programmer than Notch.[/QUOTE] you obviously don't know what you're talking about
[QUOTE=Parakon;36394024][img]http://niggaupload.com/images/RTqOj.jpg[/img] Made some additions to the camp, a ton of ammo for our m4a3 CCOs aswell as a ridiculous amount of AK ammo. Got a DMR and other random useful stuff. And an ATV for making looting [I]a lot[/I] easier. [editline]19th June 2012[/editline] Along with an m16 with a grenade launcher attachment, I wanted to test it out so I shot a flare into the sky, my camp mates weren't impressed with me after they saw a giant glowing orb in the sky just above camp.[/QUOTE] I mean, I was impressed, but it was a huge "come loot us" signal. So far this is the best life I've had, by far.
[QUOTE=TGKhaotik;36393825]Well, it seems to me that Rocket is an even shittier programmer than Notch.[/QUOTE] The games are vastly different, Minecraft, an incredibly simple game was equally as buggy in beta.
[QUOTE=nerdygamer;36394110]Or maybe you guys don't understand what an alpha is.[/QUOTE] I understand what an Alpha is. I just think Rocket would have an easier time gathering feedback on his patches by pre-testing on a few servers, and fixing any of the bugs that are game-breaking. Then, release an update that isn't unplayably broken to the general public so that the smaller, harder to catch bugs that only show up in large scales tests can be found. Not to mention the fact that an alpha isn't just for bug-catching. It's meant to test gameplay, try out new ways of doing things, and gather opinion (but not necessarily act on it). How can you test gameplay when the game is inherantly unplayable? I mean, what would you rather see happen; people going around wailing "WAAAA I CANT PUT AMMO DOWN WAAA SERVERS BROKEN ROCKET FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT", or people giving useful opinions such as "Oh, hey, the axe is kinda buggy and takes up too much space to make it worthwhile using. Also the game might be more fun with less food and water spawning."
alpha
[QUOTE=Jah'maaun;36394255]alpha[/QUOTE] This guy understands.
Fucking snipers north of Stary Sobor...
[QUOTE=Ataxia;36394434]Fucking snipers north of Stary Sobor...[/QUOTE] That son of a bitch hit me head on the first shot. Good bye AK, hello flashlight.
[QUOTE=The very best;36394145]The games are vastly different, Minecraft, an incredibly simple game was equally as buggy in beta.[/QUOTE] Huh? Minecraft was never that buggy, all the way from Alpha to present, no abnormal amount of glitches IMO
[QUOTE=The very best;36394145]The games are vastly different, Minecraft, an incredibly simple game was equally as buggy in beta.[/QUOTE] I never ran into many bugs in Minecraft in alpha or beta. I understand that they are completely different types of games, but my god, please test patches before releasing them. I still love this mod, but it is almost unplayable in its current state.
[QUOTE=Clementine;36394514]Huh? Minecraft was never that buggy, all the way from Alpha to present, no abnormal amount of glitches IMO[/QUOTE] you mean like shears crashing the game, general poor design choices and terrible optimisation?
[QUOTE=The very best;36394657]you mean like shears crashing the game, general poor design choices and terrible optimisation?[/QUOTE] That isn't as bad as 1.7X
do you guys play on the FP server mostly? i'm bored of working alone
I found an FN FAL AN/PVS-4 in a helicrash, the sight is constantly night vision, which makes it insanely impractical during normal play in a day time setting...does anyone know if there is a possible way to turn it off? I tried n and l, just making sure because it sucks if I can't, but it doesn't matter because I found 3 other FAL's anyway
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.