• DayZ Mod - Crawling Simulator 2012 Dammit rocket what did you break this time?
    10,006 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Ataxia;36545345]"Hurr I'm so hardcore, I don't like to use this advantage that is simply part of the game, remove and disable it!!!!" No seriously, there is no advantage because you and the other player both have it. Plus you could also play smart and not go to urban areas in the fucking first place.[/QUOTE] This guy crouch walked behind me and I couldn't hear it. So OP I'm never using it again because I'm too legit. Rocket should totally remove it.
[QUOTE=Ataxia;36545345]"Hurr I'm so hardcore, I don't like to use this advantage that is simply part of the game, remove and disable it!!!!" No seriously, there is no advantage because you and the other player both have it. Plus you could also play smart and not go to urban areas in the fucking first place.[/QUOTE] lol not go into urban areas? did you hit your head on something? how do you expect to get loot in the beginning of the game? or food or water?. Yes it is an advantage, it doesn't matter if both have it, depending on the situation it is an advantage If I am infront of a building and use third person I can easily look over on my right and see everything on the side of the building, if someone is on that side they can't use their third person to see where I am unless they are really close and by then it's to late, also in some situations you can see over walls and see people perfectly while when they are in third person they can't. So no it is an advantage and it has nothing to do with players it also applies to zombies where you can just see so much more then in first. I don't even know why I'm explaining this, it's so obvious why it's dumb. You sound like on of those people who would quit the mod if it was removed because you would actually have to play smarter instead of playing in third person all the time trying to easily see people and zombies.
Well well well, look what we have here... [img_thumb]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542931587871912481/C25DCA58936660FD15F38353F111341CF5D0A40E/[/img_thumb] Too bad it takes up a backpack slot, otherwise I'd grab it :C
[QUOTE=bobsynergy;36545442]lol not go into urban areas? did you hit your head on something? how do you expect to get loot in the beginning of the game? or food or water?. Yes it is an advantage, it doesn't matter if both have it, depending on the situation it is an advantage If I am infront of a building and use third person I can easily look over on my right and see everything on the side of the building, if someone is on that side they can't use their third person to see where I am unless they are really close and by then it's to late, also in some situations you can see over walls and see people perfectly while when they are in third person they can't. So no it is an advantage and it has nothing to do with players it also applies to zombies where you can just see so much more then in first. I don't even know why I'm explaining this, it's so obvious why it's dumb. You sound like on of those people who would quit the mod if it was removed because you would actually have to play smarter instead of playing in third person all the time trying to easily see people and zombies.[/QUOTE] Are you dumb? I can easily make it to Zeleno or even Stary Sobor without looting the coast. Also, just because they aren't using third person at the moment, doesn't make it OP or broken. That's like saying coming up behind someone is broken and give you too much of an advantage.
[QUOTE=bobsynergy;36545442]lol not go into urban areas? did you hit your head on something? how do you expect to get loot in the beginning of the game? or food or water?. Yes it is an advantage, it doesn't matter if both have it, depending on the situation it is an advantage If I am infront of a building and use third person I can easily look over on my right and see everything on the side of the building, if someone is on that side they can't use their third person to see where I am unless they are really close and by then it's to late, also in some situations you can see over walls and see people perfectly while when they are in third person they can't. So no it is an advantage and it has nothing to do with players it also applies to zombies where you can just see so much more then in first. I don't even know why I'm explaining this, it's so obvious why it's dumb. You sound like on of those people who would quit the mod if it was removed because you would actually have to play smarter instead of playing in third person all the time trying to easily see people and zombies.[/QUOTE] NVGs are an unfair advantage, they let you see people in pitch black locations. Not that I expect logic from you. You're that rare mix of "I'm SO HARDCORE" and "asshole that likes to troll".
[QUOTE=xxncxx;36545477][B]Are you dumb?[/B] I can easily make it to Zeleno or even Stary Sobor without looting the coast. Also, just because they aren't using third person at the moment, doesn't make it OP or broken. That's like saying coming up behind someone is broken and give you too much of an advantage.[/QUOTE] Oh god this is hilarious, Urban means cities, towns and such smart one, that is what Zeleno and Stary are, so go find some weapons in the middle of a field please and tell me the results (hint: you won't get far) Also there is a huge difference in someone coming up behind you and you not seeing them in firstperson, and you using third person to see the guy sneaking behind you, use your tiny brain [QUOTE=dogmachines;36545497]NVGs are an unfair advantage, they let you see people in pitch black locations. Not that I expect logic from you. You're that rare mix of "I'm SO HARDCORE" and "asshole that likes to troll".[/QUOTE] haha oh god, NVGs aren't an unfair advantage because you actually have to find them and they are rare, by that logic Thermal Vision is unfair too because it is basically an aimbot and highlights where people are. Also what does logic have to do with having a bit of fun in the game? seriously you take the game so seriously and rage hard at everything I do it's hilarious. I heard you on mumble last night mentionming my name a couple times and being mad saying "if you see bobsynergy around the coast shoot him and tell him I said fuck you" even though I was way north, I don't shoot people by the coast, sorry but this obsession over me and peterson isn't healthy.
[QUOTE=Ataxia;36545345]"Hurr I'm so hardcore, I don't like to use this advantage that is simply part of the game, remove and disable it!!!!" No seriously, there is no advantage because you and the other player both have it. Plus you could also play smart and not go to urban areas in the fucking first place.[/QUOTE] But the people who say this about third person don't want crosshairs on for the same reason. aughghghgghghgh
[QUOTE=bobsynergy;36545617]Oh god this is hilarious, Urban means cities, towns and such smart one, that is what Zeleno and Stary are, so go find some weapons in the middle of a field please and tell me the results (hint: you won't get far) Also there is a huge difference in someone coming up behind you and you not seeing them in firstperson, and you using third person to see the guy sneaking behind you, use your tiny brain haha oh god, NVGs aren't an unfair advantage because you actually have to find them and they are rare, by that logic Thermal Vision is unfair too because it is basically an aimbot and highlights where people are. Also what does logic have to do with having a bit of fun in the game? seriously you take the game so seriously and rage hard at everything I do it's hilarious. I heard you on mumble last night mentionming my name a couple times and being mad saying "if you see bobsynergy around the coast shoot him and tell him I said fuck you" even though I was way north, I don't shoot people by the coast, sorry but this obsession over me and peterson isn't healthy.[/QUOTE] Except both of you have fired on us multiple times when we had no intention of PvP. No one here likes your stupid Western bandit shit and the "oh im so hardcore i dont use any of the features given to me cus im 2 legit 2 quit" attitude. [editline]29th June 2012[/editline] And I've gone thru Stary and NW Airfield multiple times without PvP, sorry to burst your bubble.
[QUOTE=bobsynergy;36545617]Oh god this is hilarious, Urban means cities, towns and such smart one, that is what Zeleno and Stary are, so go find some weapons in the middle of a field please and tell me the results (hint: you won't get far) Also there is a huge difference in someone coming up behind you and you not seeing them in firstperson, and you using third person to see the guy sneaking behind you, use your tiny brain haha oh god, NVGs aren't an unfair advantage because you actually have to find them and they are rare, by that logic Thermal Vision is unfair too because it is basically an aimbot and highlights where people are. Also what does logic have to do with having a bit of fun in the game? seriously you take the game so seriously and rage hard at everything I do it's hilarious. I heard you on mumble last night mentionming my name a couple times and being mad saying "if you see bobsynergy around the coast shoot him and tell him I said fuck you" even though I was way north, I don't shoot people by the coast, sorry but this obsession over me and peterson isn't healthy.[/QUOTE] do you ever get tired of shitting up the thread? stop trying to start arguments goddamnit, i'm so tired of reading you getting someone riled up and then you just turn around and say 'well at least im not mad at video games B)'
While third person might at times give an advantage by providing unrealistic sightlines, it's a much better approximation of human spacial awareness than a first-person 'I am wearing horse blinders' perspective. Especially when you take into account the fact that Arma's collision detection has a tendency to misbehave.
I finally, FINALLY. After quite literally a WEEK of playing, found an M14. 3 in fact. On the same Heli. And then later another on a deer stand. Okay then. GOt to pop a zed from 600m though, that felt awesome. We explored the northern wastelands for like 2 hours and didn't see anything lootable. We did see a seemingly random barbed wire set on a hill directly north of an encirclement of sandbags though... then we dismantled it.
This game really pisses me off sometimes, not just Day Z but arma 2 in general. The combat indoors just feels so shitty, you get stuck in/around walls all the time Hopefully it gets fixed in Arma 3
[QUOTE=Error_404;36545448]Well well well, look what we have here... [img_thumb]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542931587871912481/C25DCA58936660FD15F38353F111341CF5D0A40E/[/img_thumb] Too bad it takes up a backpack slot, otherwise I'd grab it :C[/QUOTE] you know you can put the m136 inside the backpack instead of picking it up as a weapon?
[QUOTE=xxncxx;36545672]Except both of you have fired on us multiple times when we had no intention of PvP. No one here likes your stupid Western bandit shit and the "oh im so hardcore i dont use any of the features given to me cus im 2 legit 2 quit" attitude. [editline]29th June 2012[/editline] And I've gone thru Stary and NW Airfield multiple times without PvP, sorry to burst your bubble.[/QUOTE] I have never fired at you or even seen you in game so I have no idea what your talking about (believe me if I have I would take credit for it) and I don't fire at everyone, just people who get riled up over dying in a game where your going to die hundreds of times. Ask the 2 people who were part of Lucky Lukes group today I let them have loot at a helicopter, talked to them and left because unlike you guys they don;t seem to get riled up when fired at (peterson shot at them yesterday, Lucky Luke looked like he was a good sport about it) Sorry to burst your bubble but Stary is an Urban area, my post was about not going through urban areas can you actually read the post before you reply? Ataxia said not to go through them AT ALL. I'm not serious about that crap at all, I always posted it in jest as I know people who don't mind and find it pretty funny, yet you guys take it so seriously and rage it's honestly very entertaining. [QUOTE=DarkendSky;36545683]do you ever get tired of shitting up the thread? stop trying to start arguments goddamnit, i'm so tired of reading you getting someone riled up and then you just turn around and say 'well at least im not mad at video games B)'[/QUOTE] Explain how I am getting people riled up? was posting in response to how Ataxia posted. I didn't tell xxncxx to not read the post and not know what Urban means then ask if I was dumb nor did I tell dogmachines to have an obsession over me.
[QUOTE=bobsynergy;36545771]I have never fired at you or even seen you in game so I have no idea what your talking about (believe me if I have I would take credit for it) and I don't fire at everyone, just people who get riled up over dying in a game where your going to die hundreds of times. Ask the 2 people who were part of Lucky Lukes group today I let them have loot at a helicopter, talked to them and left because unlike you guys they don;t seem to get riled up when fired at (peterson shot at them yesterday, Lucky Luke looked like he was a good sport about it) Sorry to burst your bubble but Stary is an Urban area, my post was about not going through urban areas can you actually read the post before you reply? Ataxia said not to go through them AT ALL. I'm not serious about that crap at all, I always posted it in jest as I know people who don't mind and find it pretty funny, yet you guys take it so seriously and rage it's honestly very entertaining. Explain how I am getting people riled up? was posting in response to how Ataxia posted. I didn't tell xxncxx to not read the post and not know what Urban means then ask if I was dumb nor did I tell dogmachines to have an obsession over me.[/QUOTE] im not getting into this again tonight. you know what i'm talking about. stop doing it. it's really irritating.
[QUOTE=DarkendSky;36545797]im not getting into this again tonight. you know what i'm talking about. stop doing it. it's really irritating.[/QUOTE] Doing what? I responded to saying how third person is dumb and I had one guy jump on me with something at least related to the conversation but escalated it by calling me dumb and the other just has some weird obsession. You can't just keep quoting me and going "I know what your doing stop it" and walk away, either say something or don't bother cause that's more irritating then anything
[QUOTE=bobsynergy;36545813]Doing what? I responded to saying how third person is dumb and I had one guy jump on me with something at least related to the conversation but escalated it by calling me dumb and the other just has some weird obsession. You can't just keep quoting me and going "I know what your doing stop it" and walk away, either say something or don't bother cause that's more irritating then anything[/QUOTE] If calling you on your bullshit is obsession, then I guess I am obsessed. In reality I'll stop calling attention to you being an asshole the moment you stop being an asshole.
My friend and I are raiding barns and traversing the wilderness, and we find a barn with loads of shotgun shells, an Enfield, Winchester, crossbow AND a double barreled shotgun. what the fuck Earlier we were looting deer stands, found a dead guy near one, took his stuff (Revolver, canteen, meat, other goodies too), then promptly found an AKM and three mags in the stand he died next to. And then the next stand we find, we find yet another AKM, this time with two mags. Why cant we either have more people to hold all of these guns or at least find some matches? :V
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHcPCWaCj4&feature=plcp[/url] Raiding the Test Alliance camp, stole some vehicles, blew up the rest at the end.
[QUOTE=bobsynergy;36545771]I have never fired at you or even seen you in game so I have no idea what your talking about (believe me if I have I would take credit for it) and I don't fire at everyone, just people who get riled up over dying in a game where your going to die hundreds of times. Ask the 2 people who were part of Lucky Lukes group today I let them have loot at a helicopter, talked to them and left because unlike you guys they don;t seem to get riled up when fired at (peterson shot at them yesterday, Lucky Luke looked like he was a good sport about it) Sorry to burst your bubble but Stary is an Urban area, my post was about not going through urban areas can you actually read the post before you reply? Ataxia said not to go through them AT ALL. I'm not serious about that crap at all, I always posted it in jest as I know people who don't mind and find it pretty funny, [B]yet you guys take it so seriously and rage it's honestly very entertaining.[/B] Explain how I am getting people riled up? was posting in response to how Ataxia posted. I didn't tell xxncxx to not read the post and not know what Urban means then ask if I was dumb nor did I tell dogmachines to have an obsession over me.[/QUOTE] Stopped reading here, confirmed troll.
Where is everyone at in the FP server?
[QUOTE=killerjak7;36546009]Where is everyone at in the FP server?[/QUOTE] It's night time and the server just restarted for maintenance, so not much people will be on.
I am in Lopatino and in dire need of morphine. Please respond. [editline]29th June 2012[/editline] I'll ask again tomorrow since I am done for the day.
[QUOTE=killerjak7;36546009]Where is everyone at in the FP server?[/QUOTE] Night time, so everyone went to day servers.
Wow, this was my first day in DayZ, and it is excellent. My first lives weren't so long and prosperous, but once I got a hatchet, I went on a zombie killing spree. I killed one survivor who didn't respond to what I said, but then I died. However, I managed to find a Lee-Enfield and scavenge some more, but then I died from a bandit. So far, it's great.
There aren't a lot of games that can make you say that, Doctor. "[i]...But then I died from a bandit. So far, it's great.[/i]"
I certainly hope side chat doesn't get re-enabled on the FP server. It ruins the whole feel of isolation in the game. Leave the annoying chat for the mumble. Plus it caters to both wants this way. You don't want side chat? Good! It's not on. You want it? Go to the mumble! Same effect! I couldn't really care about crosshairs, since the server hasn't had them on once, so I've gotten used to no crosshairs. But third person, as much as I use it and love it, I think it should be disabled. It is incredibly amazing, and yes, technically, since everyone has the ability to turn it on there is no unfair advantage against [i]other players[/i], you still gain an unfair advantage over the game. You can easily see over hills, into buildings, over ledges, around corners, and it also ruins the "zombie survival" aspect of things. And no, I'm not one of those "hardcore or you're a baby" guys. DayZ isn't even that hard, the only reason it is hard is because of the zombies pants on head retarded zig zag pathing system, and bugs and bullshit like 1 hit broken legs and 1 hit bleeding out from 12000 to 0. And have you guys even spent a large amount of time in first person? It's fucking amazing. It gets you immersed into the game so quickly it's not even funny.
stop fucking whining you little bitch it's not enabled for fuck sakes [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=The First 11'er;36546449]stop fucking whining you little bitch it's not enabled for fuck sakes[/QUOTE] Hey, eat a dick, I haven't been on the server in a couple of days, and based on all the other arguing I wasn't sure if the "voting" was over yet.
[QUOTE=That Ninja;36546420]I certainly hope side chat doesn't get re-enabled on the FP server. It ruins the whole feel of isolation in the game. Leave the annoying chat for the mumble. Plus it caters to both wants this way. You don't want side chat? Good! It's not on. You want it? Go to the mumble! Same effect! I couldn't really care about crosshairs, since the server hasn't had them on once, so I've gotten used to no crosshairs. But third person, as much as I use it and love it, I think it should be disabled. It is incredibly amazing, and yes, technically, since everyone has the ability to turn it on there is no unfair advantage against [i]other players[/i], you still gain an unfair advantage over the game. You can easily see over hills, into buildings, over ledges, around corners, and it also ruins the "zombie survival" aspect of things. And no, I'm not one of those "hardcore or you're a baby" guys. DayZ isn't even that hard, the only reason it is hard is because of the zombies pants on head retarded zig zag pathing system, and bugs and bullshit like 1 hit broken legs and 1 hit bleeding out from 12000 to 0. And have you guys even spent a large amount of time in first person? It's fucking amazing. It gets you immersed into the game so quickly it's not even funny.[/QUOTE] you arent forced to read sidechat you know
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.