• Guild Wars 2 V2: GOTY 2017 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Arenanet
    9,751 replies, posted
[QUOTE=DeandreT;34287283]It will be great, but no game is worth paying every month.[/QUOTE] It isn't exactly that it isn't WORTH the money, it's just that it restricts how much money you can put into other games, and makes you feel as though you have to play that one game all of the time. For somebody who isn't completely obsessive, it's a bad deal financially and psychologically.
[QUOTE=Benstokes;34293656]It isn't exactly that it isn't WORTH the money, it's just that it restricts how much money you can put into other games, and makes you feel as though you have to play that one game all of the time. For somebody who isn't completely obsessive, it's a bad deal financially and psychologically.[/QUOTE] I've not got any money to buy any monthly subscription game, I would love to try out WoW, SW:TOR and so on but I've got no money and I am not willing to pay around 100 euro for it.
[QUOTE=Jessey;34295233]I've not got any money to buy any monthly subscription game, I would love to try out WoW, SW:TOR and so on but I've got no money and I am not willing to pay around 100 euro for it.[/QUOTE] Well WoW is free up till level 20 now.
[QUOTE=Benstokes;34293656]It isn't exactly that it isn't WORTH the money, it's just that it restricts how much money you can put into other games, and makes you feel as though you have to play that one game all of the time. For somebody who isn't completely obsessive, it's a bad deal financially and psychologically.[/QUOTE]It sounds like you need mental help, it's just $15 for fucks sake, if you're having troubled thoughts over $15 a month how are you not having a heart attack when you see your bills? I'm paying for SWTOR and I don't feel like I'm forced to play the game at all, you know why? Because it's $15 fucking dollars, it's giving me tens of hours or more of entertainment every month, in comparison it costs $15 or more just to go see a movie that doesn't even last 2 hours, financially it's actually a fucking amazing deal compared to every other form of entertainment.
Good on you for finding a game you enjoy, but that might not be the case for everyone. I played SWTOR and will not be renewing my subscription. With the money you'd be spending monthly, you could easily buy yourself 2-3 new games (or something else) in that year. Then again, it's all up to the individual and what they feel is worth their $
Stop the nonsense with speculations about a monthly sub for GW2. I hope they keep it one-time-payment just as they did with previous titles. They would easily get people to buy their game...
[QUOTE=Atlascore;34304310]It sounds like you need mental help, it's just $15 for fucks sake, if you're having troubled thoughts over $15 a month how are you not having a heart attack when you see your bills? I'm paying for SWTOR and I don't feel like I'm forced to play the game at all, you know why? Because it's $15 fucking dollars, it's giving me tens of hours or more of entertainment every month, in comparison it costs $15 or more just to go see a movie that doesn't even last 2 hours, financially it's actually a fucking amazing deal compared to every other form of entertainment.[/QUOTE] If I had 15$/month extra at the moment I'd probably eat a bit better instead of PAYING to play a game that i already OWN. Not everyone has 5 digit paychecks every month.
I very much understand where sub based MMOs are coming from, and I'm glad Guild Wars 2 isn't one of them, for the simple fact that it doesn't have to compete with them for attention. People can buy it, and play when they want without having to worry about renewing their subscription & such. $15 isn't an unreasonable amount for a monthly subscription to a game you enjoy, But the way I see it, GW2 will deliver sub quality at normal game pricing, and that will get them PLENTY of buyers.
[QUOTE=Miskav;34306008]If I had 15$/month extra at the moment I'd probably eat a bit better instead of PAYING to play a game that i already OWN. Not everyone has 5 digit paychecks every month.[/QUOTE]5 digit paychecks every month? Are you fucking serious? Do you even know how worthless $15 is in this day and age? You can't even feed yourself for a week off that anymore.
[url]http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216828p1.html[/url]
[QUOTE=Atlascore;34309120]5 digit paychecks every month? Are you fucking serious? Do you even know how worthless $15 is in this day and age? You can't even feed yourself for a week off that anymore.[/QUOTE] If I had 15€ more every month I'd be able to eat a bit better. You know, minimum wage job and all?
£15 obviously isn't a massive amount of cash when you have a job, but a university student here has to scrimp everything they can and spending £180 a year just to play the video game that you already own is daft
[QUOTE=Atlascore;34309120]5 digit paychecks every month? Are you fucking serious? Do you even know how worthless $15 is in this day and age? You can't even feed yourself for a week off that anymore.[/QUOTE] so when your a student that $15 makes a massive difference and you would rather not have to pay the additional amount to continue playing a game you have probably already paid enough for
[QUOTE=Chaos Creator;34312494]so when your a student that $15 makes a massive difference and you would rather not have to pay the additional amount to continue playing a game you have probably already paid enough for[/QUOTE]Not everyone's a student. The ONLY arguments against subscription fees are from college students and whiny kids with parents that refuse to pay it pretty much, everyone else knows how worthless $15 is.
[QUOTE=Atlascore;34313119]Not everyone's a student. The ONLY arguments against subscription fees are from college students and whiny kids with parents that refuse to pay it pretty much, everyone else knows how worthless $15 is.[/QUOTE] I'm a college student, and I could afford the $15,- but so far none of the games I've seen with subscriptions (WoW, SW:TOR, etc?) have seemed to enjoy me, it's all bland crap. I would still buy GW2 if there's a subscription fee but there's some stuff that will be bothering me, such as having to keep your account subscribed and I can earn money just ~decently~, I've also not got the shitloads of time like before anymore.
[QUOTE=Atlascore;34313119]Not everyone's a student. The ONLY arguments against subscription fees are from college students and whiny kids with parents that refuse to pay it pretty much, everyone else knows how worthless $15 is.[/QUOTE] I'm glad to see that $15 is worthless. Are you offering to pay my (and mine alone) TOR subscription?
-snip-
[QUOTE=Alaskan Wolf;34314665]I'm glad to see that $15 is worthless. Are you offering to pay my (and mine alone) TOR subscription?[/QUOTE]No because I have no idea who you are. Just because it's worthless doesn't mean I'm gonna hand it off to random people.
Everyone please stop arguing about sub fees in a thread for a subscriptionless MMO! [editline]21st January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Atlascore;34315119]No because I have no idea who you are. Just because it's worthless doesn't mean I'm gonna hand it off to random people.[/QUOTE] If something was truly worthless I'd give it to random people. $15 isn't worthless, it's worth $15. Stop flaunting your wealth to internet strangers. It makes you look like a cock :v:
$15 is a steal in my eyes in terms of entertainment. Movies now days are $8 for students and those last maybe 2-3 hours at the absolute most. I buy all these games without modding capabilities with maybe a tacked on multiplayer experience and a 7 hour campaign every 2 months since right now there aren't many games coming out at the moment but during the fall/winter releases, I go crazy. My point here is, $15 for me is a steal. Especially when it comes to games like RIFT, EVE and The Old Republic because content is planned pretty much every 2-3 weeks. If you're a college student, pay it or don't but don't sit there and act like $15 is some crime towards humanity because it really isn't.
[QUOTE=Alex_DeLarge;34317457]$15 is a steal in my eyes in terms of entertainment. Movies now days are $8 for students and those last maybe 2-3 hours at the absolute most. I buy all these games without modding capabilities with maybe a tacked on multiplayer experience and a 7 hour campaign every 2 months since right now there aren't many games coming out at the moment but during the fall/winter releases, I go crazy. My point here is, $15 for me is a steal. Especially when it comes to games like RIFT, EVE and The Old Republic because content is planned pretty much every 2-3 weeks. If you're a college student, pay it or don't but don't sit there and act like $15 is some crime towards humanity because it really isn't.[/QUOTE] What you fail to understand is that 15$ is a big deal for some people. Some people would probably lose their house if they made 15$/month less. It is a big fucking deal unless you have a big portion of your income left over at the end of the month. Anyway, back on topic. That IGN profession combo article made me want to play it even more, ffffuuuu-
[QUOTE=Alex_DeLarge;34317457]My point here is, $15 for me is a steal. Especially when it comes to games like RIFT, EVE and The Old Republic because content is planned pretty much every 2-3 weeks. If you're a college student, pay it or don't but don't sit there and act like $15 is some crime towards humanity because it really isn't.[/QUOTE] Monthly fees are also a problem to foreign people like me, in my currency $15 (USD) is around $64 (ARS), and I really can't afford $64 per month to play a game I already paid for. That's why I love GW2 being a pay-once game.
My dreams about GW2 are getting more and more frequent. Some are nightmares, some are good dreams.
GW2 is overhyped.
[QUOTE=MrParalegal;34328680]GW2 is overhyped.[/QUOTE] For some people, yes. There's actually a lot of people who have never even heard of it.
[QUOTE=MrParalegal;34328680]GW2 is overhyped.[/QUOTE] Not for us though. We know exactly what we are getting into, and all of the things that Anet has shown us. After playing the game at PAX East last year, I can safely say that everything I saw and did at that demo station is almost exactly the way I imagine/wanted it to be. The hype is appropriate for a game of this scale, TOR got massive amounts of hype for improving on the standard MMO formula. GW2 is getting massive amounts of hype for redefining the very nature of that formula.
[QUOTE=Grasp;34329787]Not for us though. We know exactly what we are getting into, and all of the things that Anet has shown us. After playing the game at PAX East last year, I can safely say that everything I saw and did at that demo station is almost exactly the way I imagine/wanted it to be. The hype is appropriate for a game of this scale, TOR got massive amounts of hype for improving on the standard MMO formula. GW2 is getting massive amounts of hype for redefining the very nature of that formula.[/QUOTE] Don't get me wrong, I've played Guild Wars, loved it, and am excited for GW2, just not at the same level as you guys I suppose, if I could afford it, it would be a day one purchase for me, I'm just not getting myself over-excited.
[QUOTE=psychojake;34328714]For some people, yes. There's actually a lot of people who have never even heard of it.[/QUOTE] I've never played GW, and am pretty interesting in seeing how GW2 turns out. PvP sounds pretty sweet.
I don't know if I ever told you guys, but (for the people who played GW1), when I played the GW2 demo, I named my demo character "Lol Ectos" and periodically typed "WTB Ectos 6.5k!!!" in chat. It got a couple laughs. Oh yeah, and don't forget. If you get to the max level entirely in PVP without dying, one of the devs will buy you lunch.
[QUOTE=Newbienice99;34335905]I don't know if I ever told you guys, but (for the people who played GW1), when I played the GW2 demo, I named my demo character "Lol Ectos" and periodically typed "WTB Ectos 6.5k!!!" in chat. It got a couple laughs. Oh yeah, and don't forget. If you get to the max level entirely in PVP without dying, one of the devs will buy you lunch.[/QUOTE] Then it turns out that one of the instances has a scripted scene where the MvP gets killed
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.