• Guild Wars 2 V2: GOTY 2017 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Arenanet
    9,751 replies, posted
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH GUILD WARS 2!!!!!!!!!!
[QUOTE=Source;34483677]*Ahem* been following this game forever with the full intention of playing a Charr Engineer at launch so it wasn't your idea really more so that when they announced engineer they even had the main model for the demo as a Charr.[/QUOTE] Hey man I thought up the charr engineer in Guild Wars 1~
I think that this would be a good thing for people to read if they think they might be interested in the game; [url]http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/guild-wars-2-mass-info-t25557.html[/url] For the thread newcomers, that is.
[QUOTE=Bullet100;34488931]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH GUILD WARS 2!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE] YEA EXACTLY
[url]http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/[/url] yes i know this site has been posted twice already on this page but there are some things turning up on it that make it worth browsing
[QUOTE]Author: Martin Kerstein, ArenaNet. Ok, before this get's out of hand: We just started sending out invites. And no, I personally do not have the list of who will get invited. Also: We will NOT lift the NDA, selected members of the press will be allowed to talk about their gaming experience. No general lifting of the NDA. Hope that helps, you all have a great weekend. [/QUOTE] No info on who's joined apart from tweets from Destructoid, Tomsguide, IGN and the Curse Network. This is the second "Closed Beta" stage, the first being the internal beta, this one being given to high-ranking members of the press. March and April are still scheduled to have "Beta Weekends" much like the original Guild Wars where only certain parts are opened up in order to stress test (for example, one week PvP one week W3 one week PvE).
The shitty anime armor that we've seen recently has been pissing me off. I hope this game isn't too asianized on release.
[QUOTE=johnrocketman;34546017]The shitty anime armor that we've seen recently has been pissing me off. I hope this game isn't too asianized on release.[/QUOTE] The reason you've been seeing "asianized" armour recently is because that latest demo was at a korean gaming convention, so they were trying to appeal to that audience. Wait til we get some footage from the beta, later this month.
[QUOTE=johnrocketman;34546017]The shitty anime armor that we've seen recently has been pissing me off. I hope this game isn't too asianized on release.[/QUOTE] I have no idea why people are saying it's "anime" or "Cartoon" armour. No-one ever gave any reason why, other than that it might be a tad unrealistic?
[QUOTE=johnrocketman;34546017]The shitty anime armor that we've seen recently has been pissing me off. I hope this game isn't too asianized on release.[/QUOTE] As Dude said, that is due to the recent Korean convention & coverage. The beta will have a mix of sets.
[QUOTE=johnrocketman;34546017]The shitty anime armor that we've seen recently has been pissing me off. I hope this game isn't too asianized on release.[/QUOTE] Anime armor? Are you talking about "less covering" armor on female characters? There's multiple types of armor in each armor class. They're not all skimpy. Example: [IMG]http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/1/12/Heavy_armor_render.jpg/800px-Heavy_armor_render.jpg[/IMG] The two on the right are female, as you can see there's armor that covers their whole bodies. That's why there's transmutation stones, if you don't like a certain armor but it's better than your current, you can transfer the stats of the good "ugly" armor onto your "nicer" looking armor. This is all from perspective/personal taste, however.
My engineer is going to be a chubby old guy with guns. Just like Santa!
I think I'm gonna buy like 2 or 3 extra character slots when it comes out. I just know that I'm gonna have a ton of characters.
[QUOTE=psychojake;34558879]I think I'm gonna buy like 2 or 3 extra character slots when it comes out. I just know that I'm gonna have a ton of characters.[/QUOTE] How many CAN we buy?
[QUOTE=Dominicus;34559432]How many CAN we buy?[/QUOTE] A question worthy of testing. Quick, everyone pitch in so I can buy thousands of character slots.
How many do we start with?
In GW1 the max character slots is 34, or 35 if you had a special pre-order bonus for nightfall. We don't know the amount in GW2 yet.
That's a lot of character slots, awesome. Howmuch did you get for free in start?
[QUOTE=Jessey;34559551]That's a lot of character slots, awesome. Howmuch did you get for free in start?[/QUOTE] 2.
[QUOTE=Jessey;34559551]That's a lot of character slots, awesome. Howmuch did you get for free in start?[/QUOTE] 5 character slots with the game. No idea what Dominicus is talking about.
[QUOTE=Newbienice99;34559617]5 character slots with the game. No idea what Dominicus is talking about.[/QUOTE] I have never played GW1. 'Twas a joke.
He was asking about GW2, I think. [editline].[/editline] Nope, he was talking about GW1. I think 4 characters in GW1, but 5 in GW2.
[QUOTE=Newbienice99;34559727]He was asking about GW2, I think. [editline].[/editline] Nope, he was talking about GW1. I think 4 characters in GW1, but 5 in GW2.[/QUOTE] Little less than I'm used to looking back at WoW but it'll do. And if not, I'll throw a little cash their way.
In GW1, you started out with 4 character slots for your first campaign. The next two that you bought would include 2 more character slots each. So the maximum amount of character slots you can have without buying additional slots was 8. I'm pretty sure there will be some GW2 expansions or campaigns that will include character slots as well.
[QUOTE=psychojake;34559821]In GW1, you started out with 4 character slots for your first campaign. The next two that you bought would include 2 more character slots each. So the maximum amount of character slots you can have without buying additional slots was 8. I'm pretty sure there will be some GW2 expansions or campaigns that will include character slots as well.[/QUOTE] The max was 9, with the nightfall pre-order I mentioned earlier. Without that, it was 8, yes.
[QUOTE=Miskav;34559959]The max was 9, with the nightfall pre-order I mentioned earlier. Without that, it was 8, yes.[/QUOTE] Oh yeah, thanks for correcting.
[QUOTE=psychojake;34548355]Anime armor? Are you talking about "less covering" armor on female characters? There's multiple types of armor in each armor class. They're not all skimpy. Example: The two on the right are female, as you can see there's armor that covers their whole bodies. That's why there's transmutation stones, if you don't like a certain armor but it's better than your current, you can transfer the stats of the good "ugly" armor onto your "nicer" looking armor. This is all from perspective/personal taste, however.[/QUOTE] Fourth one is fine, third one is shitty. I can't transmute other peoples armor so I'll have to look at fat nerds who wear the sluttiest armor.
[QUOTE=johnrocketman;34563994]Fourth one is fine, third one is shitty. I can't transmute other peoples armor so I'll have to look at fat nerds who wear the sluttiest armor.[/QUOTE] A lot of people like the "dangerous and sexy" look, even some real girls do. [editline]1[/editline] You'll be interested in this recent article. [url]http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/debate-female-armor/#more-1107[/url]
As long as there's a good ratio of realistic/non-nude armor to the sexy stuff it should be fine. If I could I'd make a really fat female norn warrior and dress her in the most revealing outfits possible.
[QUOTE=johnrocketman;34563994]Fourth one is fine, third one is shitty. I can't transmute other peoples armor so I'll have to look at fat nerds who wear the sluttiest armor.[/QUOTE] That's your own personal shortcoming then, no-one can help you with that.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.