• Guild Wars 2 V2: GOTY 2017 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Arenanet
    9,751 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Vaught;35761413]Oh hey, end of beta event at 11 PM PDT in Wayfarer Hills.[/QUOTE]
how do you guys know there won't be another beta event next weekend o;
[QUOTE=Pie108;35762466]Yeah checked it myself too. The stats do apply and the scaling is proportional to your level and what level your going to. Going from lvl 20 and scaling down to lvl 12, all of my stats decreased by 59.677%(225 to 134) and compared to a level drop of 60%(20 to 12). Sooo the scaling happens after stats are calculated. You still have an advantage though.[/QUOTE] Ah, my mistake then.
Anyone else wish you could do more than 2 rolls before your endurance runs out? It makes those situations where it is you vs. 20 monsters a bit tricky sometimes. Although the difficulty is fun I just wish you could roll a few times more.
I really enjoyed the beta, although I probably should have tried more than one character. Hopefully A-net is preparing a trailer with a release date.
don't be sad the beta is over! think about all the beta footage that is uploaded we should play a game, try to find yourself in some of the beta footage for 40 points
[QUOTE=Nystical;35762943]don't be sad the beta is over! think about all the beta footage that is uploaded we should play a game, try to find yourself in some of the beta footage for 40 points[/QUOTE] This reminds me to ask: What's the point of Achievement points? Just for showing off?
So I just had an awesome experience in WvWvW. Basically, as it stands WvWvW is pretty unbalanced due to the worlds getting paired pretty much randomly. I'm playing in Moledune and we recently got paired with Anvil Rock and Sorrow's Furnace. The latter is full of PvP guilds. No surprise that Moledune is still currently behind in points. After a while of smacking our collective heads against the red and green menace, who were both after us because us being a bunch of random people we were easy pickings, we decided that we'd have no more of it. So while red (Sorrow's furnace) was preoccupied harassing our homeworld, 15 of us banded together and sneaked into one fortress inside [i]their[/i] homeworld. We then spent all of our money on defenses and had a shit ton of arrow carts, cannons mortars and whatnot waiting there. It took the [B]entire[/B] red server two hours to bring down the fortress we were holding with just 15 guys. This song sums up how I felt through the fight. We all knew we were not going to be able to hold the fort but nobody abandoned their posts choosing instead to fight to the very moment they broke trough the main gate. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlztMvvNkk[/media]
[QUOTE=Emz;35762925]Anyone else wish you could do more than 2 rolls before your endurance runs out? It makes those situations where it is you vs. 20 monsters a bit tricky sometimes. Although the difficulty is fun I just wish you could roll a few times more.[/QUOTE] Ya the 2 rolls is pretty dumb.
Aaaaaand its gone
Do our beta characters stay the same right up until the release?
[QUOTE=Matt-;35763201]Do our beta characters stay the same right up until the release?[/QUOTE] Nopers. Everything is wiped between beta tests.
[QUOTE=Vaught;35763000]This reminds me to ask: What's the point of Achievement points? Just for showing off?[/QUOTE] When you complete an achievement there's supposed to be a reward. At one point, and the one that I remember was that you get a chest drop with loot. Looking in game, I suppose that's what the tan circles with the arenanet symbol on them are counting towards. BUT just testing it now, I didn't get a drop and have no idea how to claim the reward.
I think, over the course of the past 3 days, that I've sent almost every Facepunch guild member a random item. I sent booze, cotton candy, slices of pie, and other stuff.
Not sure. They reset everything from CBT to Stress to BWE. Although since now the next one will also be a BWE they might keep our stuff! Possible but doubtful.
i'm playing one the crystal something server and the charr intro is broken lol. the gate at "fury of the dead" won't open either because whoever in it hasn't finished or that it's just broken. i guess that's the death of Bazgulab Mar.
[QUOTE=psychojake;35763245]I think, over the course of the past 3 days, that I've sent almost every Facepunch guild member a random item. I sent booze, cotton candy, slices of pie, and other stuff.[/QUOTE] Skalefin soup.
[QUOTE=Vaught;35763241]Nopers. Everything is wiped between beta tests.[/QUOTE] Good luck trying to get to level 30 in 2 days without passing out
[QUOTE=psychojake;35763245]I think, over the course of the past 3 days, that I've sent almost every Facepunch guild member a random item. I sent booze, cotton candy, slices of pie, and other stuff.[/QUOTE] Lies I never got anything
[QUOTE=Vaught;35763241]Nopers. Everything is wiped between beta tests.[/QUOTE] No it doesnt wipe. You just max at 30. They wouldnt open the level 30 dungeon if they wiped every test. Try getting enough people to hit 30 in 3 days just to test it every weekend.
[QUOTE=Winner;35763316]Good luck trying to get to level 30 in 2 days without passing out[/QUOTE] I got to level 16 on friday. Even though I had work, I got to play for about 10 hours. Now i'm level 20, but I was working on other characters too. One guy in the guild is already level 25. [editline]29th April 2012[/editline] Oh and I'm trying to transfer from Anvil to Moledune. I know the devs said it was free but I heard that they changed that recently. I've tried transferring and it disconnected me but didn't seem to work when I logged back on. Some other guildies said that it could take a few hours like it did for them. I wanted to know if anyone else can confirm that you now have to pay 1800 gems to transfer or is it still free?
[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17644715/gw015.jpg[/IMG] Me and Hacks got stuck. [editline]1[/editline] Oh god the image is huge, sorry bout that.
[QUOTE=HoodedSniper;35763332]No it doesnt wipe. You just max at 30. They wouldnt open the level 30 dungeon if they wiped every test. Try getting enough people to hit 30 in 3 days just to test it every weekend.[/QUOTE] Huh. I was informed that characters are wiped per beta, though that does raise a good point. I suppose they meant "wipe on release".
[QUOTE]Join us in the Wayfarer Foothills in the norn lands for a special Beta Weekend Event finale, tonight at 11:00 p.m. PDT.[/QUOTE]
The last dye I unlock is hot pink which is a unique dye. Decided to give it to my friend instead along with everything all my characters own so that he can attend the ending event with a bang on my behalf as I'll be in school by the time it starts.
My guess is it is that it is free until the next BWE. I think that even though I can play more, I'm going to take a break, I still want all of the things in the full release to be exciting and fresh, I feel I've done an okay job reporting bugs; 6 or so. I really liked that NPC in Hoelbrak who said like 10+ pick-up lines. I think she was in the bear area of the city. Looking forward to the different races in the next beta.
I reached 25 in the beta and I'm done now, too tired to continue. Did all of the Norn starting area and the second human area plus a bunch of WvWvW. I love this game.
[QUOTE=Bullet100;35763252]Not sure. They reset everything from CBT to Stress to BWE. Although since now the next one will also be a BWE they might keep our stuff! Possible but doubtful.[/QUOTE] well they kept my home server. i hope they reset those next time.
is "Nystical.1205" in the facepunch guild? I still have the error of not being able to see it. I heard the fix is to kick the players that it is effecting (such as me) and then re-invite them.
Shit I just found the answer to my question: [QUOTE]The free transfers were a limited opportunity and the cost has been reinstated.[/QUOTE] [url]https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Home-Servier-Issue/page/9#post61875[/url] Can anyone spare some silver for me to transfer to Moledune please? I need about 500 more gems.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.