• Guild Wars 2 V2: GOTY 2017 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Arenanet
    9,751 replies, posted
So the question is, do I want to stay up for the finale at 6 AM. Hmmm...
[QUOTE=Chris220;35763632]So the question is, do I want to stay up for the finale at 6 AM. Hmmm...[/QUOTE] Take a nap, that's what I'm going to do. Probably take an hour nap 1.5 hours before it starts.
gah i want to be at the finale so bad annoying that im in college all day tomorrow
[QUOTE=psychojake;35763442][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17644715/gw015.jpg[/IMG] Me and Hacks got stuck. [editline]1[/editline] Oh god the image is huge, sorry bout that.[/QUOTE] how to be bird pls help
[QUOTE=Pie108;35763646]Take a nap, that's what I'm going to do. Probably take an hour nap 1.5 hours before it starts.[/QUOTE] Sounds like a plan! In the meantime, I shall do the assignment that is in at 3:30pm today! :D
[QUOTE=Funion;35763837]how to be bird pls help[/QUOTE] You need a transformation item. I have 2 for turning into an imp. I got them from the purple chest thing that's randomly dropped in loots.
[QUOTE=Pie108;35763952]You need a transformation item. I have 2 for turning into an imp. I got them from the purple chest thing that's randomly dropped in loots.[/QUOTE] is there one for a lizard i want to be a lizard
[QUOTE=Funion;35763964]is there one for a lizard i want to be a lizard[/QUOTE] I imagine so, if it's anything like gw1 there's one for just about everything [url]http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tonic[/url]
I sent Cotton Candy to everyone online just now, I have to go now, see you guys in the next beta and release! [editline]29th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=jiggu;35763322]Lies I never got anything[/QUOTE] I tried, wouldn't let me send to you at that time for some reason.
well i'm bored because there isn't really anything else for me to do on the beta(tested almost everything i could, made some awesome screenies, reported a lot of bugs etc.), i'm going to watch some footage while having a snack
Got my warrior stuck in WvWvW limbo. I just hope he is out by the time of the event.
[QUOTE=Bullet100;35763595]Shit I just found the answer to my question: [url]https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Home-Servier-Issue/page/9#post61875[/url] Can anyone spare some silver for me to transfer to Moledune please? I need about 500 more gems.[/QUOTE] why not just wait for the next test at this point? either home servers will get wiped or we'll get 2000 free gems again
Think I'm done 'til next beta. I hope the game is better optimized for the next event, regardless, my FPS was still pretty good. I didn't like Engineer as much as I thought I would. Ranger on the other hand, I had a blast with, the range on the longbow is ridiculous.
also, if you use the ability "next 5 attacks have bleed" and use the longbow's second ability, you can stack 5 bleeds in the timeframe of 2-3 seconds which stack in INTENSITY and last for a good 5-10 or something seconds. when you're scaled to 80, these to 2k damage a second, so *5 = 10k damage per second, and then the person is pretty much screwed
[QUOTE=HoodedSniper;35763332]No it doesnt wipe. You just max at 30. They wouldnt open the level 30 dungeon if they wiped every test. Try getting enough people to hit 30 in 3 days just to test it every weekend.[/QUOTE] Will the progress I make during a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event carry over when Guild Wars 2 launches? No. Everything will be wiped in preparation for launch. Straight from the FAQ. Also, do you feel they are killing PVP a bit by making everyone have the same items?
[t]http://i46.tinypic.com/4vlpmq.jpg[/t] Finally done :)
Oh god, I've just realised how much I'm going to miss playing this game when this weekend is over...
My mom stole my copy of Ghosts of Ascalon because she was desperate for something to read. :v:
[QUOTE=Winner;35764806][t]http://i46.tinypic.com/4vlpmq.jpg[/t] Finally done :)[/QUOTE] I've been trying to do that in human lands, but one of the skill point guys doesn't respawn so you can't get one from him. really annoying seeing everything maxed except that one.
[QUOTE=MadPro119;35764801]Will the progress I make during a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event carry over when Guild Wars 2 launches? No. Everything will be wiped in preparation for launch. Straight from the FAQ. Also, do you feel they are killing PVP a bit by making everyone have the same items?[/QUOTE] Wait disagree they killed PVP or disagree about the wipe?
[QUOTE=Pie108;35765031]I've been trying to do that in human lands, but one of the skill point guys doesn't respawn so you can't get one from him. really annoying seeing everything maxed except that one.[/QUOTE] I had the same problem with the guy in the Dome, I kept relogging until I ended up in overflow, and he was alive in that instance. Did you try that?
[QUOTE=MadPro119;35765043]Wait disagree they killed PVP or disagree about the wipe?[/QUOTE] They're absolutely not killing PvP. PvP isn't about gear differences, PvP is about each players' individual skills in a fight. PvP never SHOULD have been based off of gear differences, and the way GW2 is doing it honestly could not be any better
pvp is amazing, i'm wrecking everybody and carrying my team to victory by using the elixir pack on engineer. mass spam super elixir and the skill icon that sorta looks like chunks of cottage cheese to slow. [t]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594717523620678342/5F20052C304922C0E60435005A24D6F58D0D7E26/[/t]
The only thing i have hated about this beta was in the instanced pvp you could only use specific weps, no greatsword for warrior /feelsbadman :(
[QUOTE=MadPro119;35764801]Will the progress I make during a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event carry over when Guild Wars 2 launches? No. Everything will be wiped in preparation for launch. Straight from the FAQ. Also, do you feel they are killing PVP a bit by making everyone have the same items?[/QUOTE] Dude we were talking about during the beta, everyone knows it wipes on launch, we meant weekend to weekend. And yes, its pretty dumb that everyone has the same items in pvp, there is like no progression in this game due to that and all the scaling, ya you can argue pvp shouldnt be about gear but gear should still matter. If I played the game a lot and got great gear I want it to matter, I dont want some level 1 being on par with a level 80. Its honestly like, why even bother leveling or even putting in effort to get good gear if you can just join pvp and have the same gear and all traits and skills unlocked.
do you want pvp to be unbalanced like swtor?
I am going to be heading for bed soon, so might as well finish off the beta with my perspective. Necromancer was fun. Not loads of up front damage, but just annoyed multiple people with loads of aoe conditions. Engineer was okay. Damage was lackluster, and the flamethrower was hard to use due to the flame at times shooting off to the side due to how my toon handled it (sometimes would hold it in the "neutral position, resulting in the flame plume being 90 degrees away from where it should be). The turrets were meh. As a last ditch attempt to try and find something that I truly loved, I gave the warrior a shot. I had done the human starting area to death, so I tried the Charr. HO-LY SHIT WAS IT AS FUN AS HELL. I spent 5-9pm blasting everyone to bits in Kyloh battlefield with my rifle, and cutting them to bits with sword/shield. It is everything I hoped the engineer had, and more. The story was interesting and fresh, and the characters were lovably retarded at times (Steelbane was the classic "giving a dumbass a high ranking position in the army" scenario. [sp] I ended up killing him off, since the Charr are about shunning weak links, and I wasn't in the mood to fight his band of rebels that he would gather if I spared him to try and overthrow me. Good night sweet prince, may angels sing thee to thy rest. [/sp]) WvW was ultra frustrating at times, as I had the unfortunate event of the entire enemy group charging at me when I was alone, but still fun with all the siege engines. (I ended up leaving anvil rock with all the lag, instead made home at scavengers causeway.) The only thing that bugs me is that people are expecting everything to be perfect. In a beta. [quote]"Are you allowed to do SPvP with a group, or were they too stupid to implement that?"[/quote] :suicide: Other than that, A++ Game would beta test again.
[QUOTE=HoodedSniper;35765190]Dude we were talking about during the beta, everyone knows it wipes on launch, we meant weekend to weekend. And yes, its pretty dumb that everyone has the same items in pvp, there is like no progression in this game due to that and all the scaling, ya you can argue pvp shouldnt be about gear but gear should still matter. If I played the game a lot and got great gear I want it to matter, I dont want some level 1 being on par with a level 80. Its honestly like, why even bother leveling or even putting in effort to get good gear if you can just join pvp and have the same gear and all traits and skills unlocked.[/QUOTE] Right that's the way I'm looking at it. I feel like everyone should be brought up to a level, but at higher levels your gear is better than that or something. Face it MMOs aren't necessarily skill, no matter how much "action" it has. Its about using your abilities in some specific orders, using the right gear, and some luck. [editline]29th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=BeardyDuck;35765228]do you want pvp to be unbalanced like swtor?[/QUOTE] Guild Wars 1 PVP wasnt that unbroken, didnt need to change this much.
[QUOTE=Winner;35765069]I had the same problem with the guy in the Dome, I kept relogging until I ended up in overflow, and he was alive in that instance. Did you try that?[/QUOTE] I did that a little bit, but then I just stopped because I lost interest and just went to PvP.
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;35765228]do you want pvp to be unbalanced like swtor?[/QUOTE] No, I want all my time and effort spent gearing out my 80 that I spent a lot of time to level to matter. Not get scaled down or be equal to some level 1 who just queued for PvP. The whole scaling thing should be optional, it completely ruins leveling and gearing out in the long run. You can argue its all about exploration and doing the entire world or playing with friends, but doing the same types of quests and events that just have things named differently will get very, very stale after a few months. Ive already freed some random monsters from traps about 5 times already by level 10, killed the same centaurs for like 7 levels, and protected probably 5 different caravans which only outcome let me get like loafs of bread. I was only level 20, imagine the next 60 levels of doing that.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.