• Guild Wars 2 V2: GOTY 2017 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Arenanet
    9,751 replies, posted
it already is
What's with the optimistic train?
It's Funion train.
I wonder how Funion chooses which threads to target. Well it looks like he left, so it'll probably be a while before he comes back. On topic: When do you guys think the next bwe is going to be?
[QUOTE=Tinter;35796850]I wonder how Funion chooses which threads to target. Well it looks like he left, so it'll probably be a while before he comes back. On topic: When do you guys think the next bwe is going to be?[/QUOTE] During a weekend.
[QUOTE=CommanderPT;35796964]During a weekend.[/QUOTE] nah I think it'll start on a Friday
I have a feeling it will be May 25th.
[QUOTE=Tinter;35796850]I wonder how Funion chooses which threads to target. Well it looks like he left, so it'll probably be a while before he comes back. On topic: When do you guys think the next bwe is going to be?[/QUOTE] 3 weeks.
[QUOTE=Tinter;35796850]I wonder how Funion chooses which threads to target. Well it looks like he left, so it'll probably be a while before he comes back. On topic: When do you guys think the next bwe is going to be?[/QUOTE] i chose thread because i was going to pre order deluxe gw2 on tuesday and i had nothing better to do
[QUOTE=Tinter;35796850]I wonder how Funion chooses which threads to target. Well it looks like he left, so it'll probably be a while before he comes back. On topic: When do you guys think the next bwe is going to be?[/QUOTE] Funion rates the threads he surfs, like LMAO pics, LoL thread and this one. He used to optimisticate the Tribes thread but I don't think he does anymore since he doesn't play there.
ok too much offtopic in the beta weekend did you guys think conditions severely hindered people? cause i dont wanna be spreading the common cold, i want to spread plague
[QUOTE=Informative Man;35797948]ok too much offtopic in the beta weekend did you guys think conditions severely hindered people? cause i dont wanna be spreading the common cold, i want to spread plague[/QUOTE] When i played a necro, in PvP my marks seemed to be the most affective. i wasn't really a great necro but if i got 3-4 marks on one person within like 4-5 seconds they would be down to like 25% HP pretty damn quickly and would be movin anywhere [editline]2nd May 2012[/editline] honestly i didn't know what marks did what i just put all of them down at the same time on the same person and they would be dead right away so i kept doing that and it worked wonders
[QUOTE=Pandamox;35798122]When i played a necro, in PvP my marks seemed to be the most affective. i wasn't really a great necro but if i got 3-4 marks on one person within like 4-5 seconds they would be down to like 25% HP pretty damn quickly and would be movin anywhere [editline]2nd May 2012[/editline] honestly i didn't know what marks did what i just put all of them down at the same time on the same person and they would be dead right away so i kept doing that and it worked wonders[/QUOTE] Marks are basically mines/traps. I played necro all BWE, was having too much fun to play any other characters.
[QUOTE=Pandamox;35798122]When i played a necro, in PvP my marks seemed to be the most affective. i wasn't really a great necro but if i got 3-4 marks on one person within like 4-5 seconds they would be down to like 25% HP pretty damn quickly and would be movin anywhere [editline]2nd May 2012[/editline] honestly i didn't know what marks did what i just put all of them down at the same time on the same person and they would be dead right away so i kept doing that and it worked wonders[/QUOTE] The marks were great fun especially to "scare" people back to your team for gangrape, then use the cold mark to freeze him at his place, do the other 2 and eat his face.
[QUOTE=Informative Man;35797948]ok too much offtopic in the beta weekend did you guys think conditions severely hindered people? cause i dont wanna be spreading the common cold, i want to spread plague[/QUOTE] Depends what conditions you mean. I played mostly WvW, and since people were low level, they didn't have a lot of trait points yet. This means damage conditions tended to be easily ignorable for the most part. The effect conditions however... man, they were a right pain in the ass. Especially daze, cripple and chill, for obvious reasons. Poison deserves an honorable mention, because it seemed to last ages and doesn't let you go out of combat, meaning you have to wait very long before you start to autoheal.
ty for info now i am hyped to play gw2 as a human necro with my condition build makes me cry mantears
[QUOTE=psychojake;35798266]Marks are basically mines/traps. I played necro all BWE, was having too much fun to play any other characters.[/QUOTE] Definately doing necro/norn again on release. Axe + dagger for close combat and staff for setting down marks was a real killer in PvP. Causing fear on the players as they tried to enter the WvW forts is great, just seeing them turn around and get downed got me so many kills.
[QUOTE=V12US;35798400]Depends what conditions you mean. I played mostly WvW, and since people were low level, they didn't have a lot of trait points yet. This means damage conditions tended to be easily ignorable for the most part. The effect conditions however... man, they were a right pain in the ass. Especially daze, cripple and chill, for obvious reasons. Poison deserves an honorable mention, because it seemed to last ages and doesn't let you go out of combat, meaning you have to wait very long before you start to autoheal.[/QUOTE] Conditions didn't bother me too much as a Guardian. Martyrdom and Contemplation of Purity. Chill/Freeze can go fuck itself though. I love being a Guardian :3
They didn't bother me as much as they did in GW1.
[QUOTE=Informative Man;35797948]ok too much offtopic in the beta weekend did you guys think conditions severely hindered people? cause i dont wanna be spreading the common cold, i want to spread plague[/QUOTE] Playing the Guardian, I only had the chance to really use burning, and I can shrug off just about any condition. BUT I can say that they're no way near annoying as in GW1.
in structured PvP marks helped me get away as necro quite a few times too, as there were lots of doorways that you could run through so you could just set down a few of your marks and either they would stop and try to find another way around or would run through and be slowed / take a fuck ton of damage and run away or die needless to say, the necro was immense fun in SPvP. I hadn't gotten the chance to try it in WvW but i could tell it will be massive fun. I'll most definitely be rolling a warrior first, and i'm almost 99% sure after that BWE that i'll be rolling a necromancer 2nd after messing around with one for a while. it makes me feel like i'm in control of a situation when i can throw down a mark and make someone either stop completely and go away or die right there
Corrupt Boon: Tranforms all boons on your foe into negative conditions. 21 sec cd Epidemic: Spread conditions on a target foe to all nearby foes. 15 sec cd SO AMAZING HGGNHGNGHGNGGNHNHNHNHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
With rerolling couldn't I use both builds (Pie108's ORIGINAL Condition build) and the Minion build I will use? And then just use the one that is more useful for the situation.
[QUOTE=Nystical;35799986](Pie108's Condition build)[/QUOTE] im cutting myself right now [editline]2nd May 2012[/editline] also i changed my build a tiny bit closer to perfection [url]http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3810009t87lp4t4u25uu0a04u4u4u505050505667h4h4h4h4h8h8h9hbhl[/url]
Speaking of Corrupt boon, one of my favorite abilities of the engineer is the elixir that turns all conditions in to boons.
I played a [url=http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3g1000kkl3kvl6l82lppa0absbvcge5kulh]clone Mesmer[/url] during the beta and I had great fun with it in PvP, it was quite effective too in 1 versus 1 combat. Definitely gonna roll a Mesmer as my main on release, now I just have to decide on the race. [editline]awd[/editline] I also found myself in the situation of a 1v1 against another Mesmer clone spammer. It was annoying to say the least, we both just ended up walking away because it was taking too much time.
anyone know when the next open beta event is?
no. sometime in may if they keep to the schedule of "once per month" also why isnt rating spam ban-able anymore?
[QUOTE=thrawn2787;35801152]no. sometime in may if they keep to the schedule of "once per month" also why isnt rating spam ban-able anymore?[/QUOTE] it is only ban-able if you use a script or dumb spam afaik i just have alot of extra time also does chill increase the cooldown on weapon skills or the little skills on the side that only change to what you allot them to or both
Here's my daily photo barrage: Hacks (Winner), Lance and I chillin in Wayfarer Foothills [t]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1332/gw22012042923403657.png[/t] Epic pose with elemental weapons and sweet ass Golem [t]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6554/gw22012042923465094.png[/t] Our mini collection [t]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1526/gw22012043000144012.png[/t] More pictures coming tomorrow.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.