• Guild Wars 2 V2: GOTY 2017 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Arenanet
    9,751 replies, posted
-snip- [editline]21st February 2012[/editline] Do you guys think that they will have the Asura/Sylvari beta this weekend? I'm really looking forward to seeing their cities.
UPDATED STUFF [url]http://www.arena.net/blog/beta-development-update[/url]
Glad to see compass drawing/pinging is going to be returning. Many penises will be drawn.
[QUOTE=Bullet100;34807024]How is something wrong with me when I don't like furries? I know people are going to create charrs just because they think naked animals are sexy. [/QUOTE] it's funny because they've done a fantastic job of making the female charr totally non-sexualised. compare this: [img]http://i.imgur.com/WjYwK.jpg[/img] to this: [img]http://oi56.tinypic.com/28i21c9.jpg[/img] in the latest yogscast video they take off the female charr clothes and it looks exactly how you'd expect a giant bestial female cat thing to look
Good point. I'm dumb. Give me boxes.
[QUOTE=Bullet100;34808926]Good point. I'm dumb. Give me boxes.[/QUOTE] enjoy box fort
I'm probably going to be a norn guardian, human mesmer, sylvari ranger, asura necromancer, or charr engineer... What should I play first? I'm sort of tied between necromancer and guardian.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytXHJyzVGOw[/media] More botal tiscuit.
From the Guild Wars 2 Twitter: [quote]We have a surprise for you tomorrow, keep an eye on our social networks and website! Tell your friends to follow us as well! ~MK[/quote] Getting excited again.
[QUOTE=Docc;34810043]From the Guild Wars 2 Twitter: Getting excited again.[/QUOTE] From Facebook: [QUOTE]A big thanks for following us on Facebook! We have a surprise for you tomorrow, so keep an eye on our social networks and website and tell your friends to follow us, too! ~RB[/QUOTE]
Can the Norn still turn into bears? Is it like a skill or?
M Charr Engineer F Human Mesmer F Sylvari Necro M Human Warrior F Human Thief M Asuran Ele M Asuran Guardian F Charr Ranger That is what I think my characters will turn out as, probably in that order. I think I have a good amount of race variety so I don't get bored with areas back to back. But of course, I've changed this list too many times to count. Also, the 'surprise' that they are releasing - I hope it's something to do with HoM, and saving names or something.
I could only imagine what that Facebook status could be implying. I doubt that it has to do with public beta, but why can't I hope?
[QUOTE=Obi Wan;34810235]Can the Norn still turn into bears? Is it like a skill or?[/QUOTE] Yep. It's one of their racial skills. Most likely an elite. They can also turn into other animal forms too. [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Bullet100;34810572]I could only imagine what that Facebook status could be implying. I doubt that it has to do with public beta, but why can't I hope?[/QUOTE] Dare I say it? [sp]Release date?[/sp]
[QUOTE=Pixelnator;34810649]Yep. It's one of their racial skills. Most likely an elite. They can also turn into other animal forms too. [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] Dare I say it? [sp]Release date?[/sp][/QUOTE] Who knows, we'll see tomorrow.
One of the writers for GW2 seems pretty excited about it on Twitter too: [quote]So excited for tomorrow! Can't wait to see the reaction![/quote] [url]https://twitter.com/#!/cynixy/status/172127073870168065[/url] I'm hopeful for something awesome. :dance:
[QUOTE=Docc;34810886]One of the writers for GW2 seems pretty excited about it on Twitter too: [url]https://twitter.com/#!/cynixy/status/172127073870168065[/url] I'm hopeful for something awesome. :dance:[/QUOTE] I bet you 10 platinum that it's the Commando's official profession reveal.
[QUOTE=psychojake;34810990]I bet you 10 platinum that it's the Commando's official profession reveal.[/QUOTE] 20 Platinum it has something to do with Guild Wars 2. I'll never lose this one.
[QUOTE=DeandreT;34811433]20 Platinum it has something to do with Guild Wars 2. I'll never lose this one.[/QUOTE] I'm talking Guild Wars 1 platinum.
In my opinion, it's going to be release date or open beta, I'm excited! It's even got me (struggling) to play GW1. I'm way to pumped.
The person saying "I can't wait to see the reaction tomorrow..." to me makes it feel like it's more of a surprise of some sort. A release date or the open beta (unless it's announced to be this weekend.) wouldn't be 'surprising' it would just be fucking awesome.
Is it possible to visit the different cities of different races? Example, I just watched the Yogscast Charr video and they visit the Black Citadel. Could I travel there as a Norn/Asuran? etc.
[QUOTE=Obi Wan;34812724]Is it possible to visit the different cities of different races? Example, I just watched the Yogscast Charr video and they visit the Black Citadel. Could I travel there as a Norn/Asuran? etc.[/QUOTE] There was a Norn in that video :v:
[QUOTE=Obi Wan;34812724]Is it possible to visit the different cities of different races? Example, I just watched the Yogscast Charr video and they visit the Black Citadel. Could I travel there as a Norn/Asuran? etc.[/QUOTE] Lions Arch acts as a hub for all of the races to come and travel between the Asura gates. They want people to be able to play with their friends from the start of the game despite their race ingame. So basically anyone can go anywhere. I'm assuming Lions Arch is the main hub, I'm not 100% sure though. It's just how it was used in the books.
[QUOTE=Obi Wan;34811973]In my opinion, it's going to be release date or open beta, I'm excited! It's even got me (struggling) to play GW1. I'm way to pumped.[/QUOTE] I think that's what it's going to be...I doubt it would be another public beta. It makes me wonder why they didn't allow them to play as Sylvari and Asura. I think they are leaving that to the public beta for us to play :) I'm so excited I cannot wait to hear this news! [editline]22nd February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Obi Wan;34812724]Is it possible to visit the different cities of different races? Example, I just watched the Yogscast Charr video and they visit the Black Citadel. Could I travel there as a Norn/Asuran? etc.[/QUOTE] Yes, one of the videos has a human browsing Hoelbrak (home city of Norns).
Are there factions? I didn't play the first, and didn't see a section about them anywhere.
I really hope they don't give us a 'weekend only' beta event thing. I want to be able to play for weeks on this beta and test out everything. Of course I don't mind them setting limitations to it, but I just don't want to play for one weekend. Let alone have to wait my turn to play that weekend and that would be a killer for me. What do you guys think they will do about giving out beta access? You think it will be tied into people who play GW1 by year? How about it's just chosen by our computer specs? Or maybe just random via registration? It would be nice to gain access by our GW1 purchase date because (I for one) got the game a few months after release :) /rant
[QUOTE=Deac;34813201]Are there factions? I didn't play the first, and didn't see a section about them anywhere.[/QUOTE] There aren't any major factions like in most MMOs. Instead 3 worlds/servers are to compete against eachother in WvWvW.
[QUOTE=Deac;34813201]Are there factions? I didn't play the first, and didn't see a section about them anywhere.[/QUOTE] Yes but they aren't called 'factions', the three [I]Orders[/I] that you can join are [B]The Order of Whispers[/B], [B]The Vigil[/B], and the [B]Durmand Priory[/B]. [quote]Durmand Priory: The scholars of the priory believe the dragon might be defeated using ancient knowledge of a past victory. Order of Whispers: The secretive Whispers order believe the dragons cannot be defeated and must be returned to sleep. Vigil: Members of the militaristic Vigil believe a united army of all the races can defeat an elder dragon.[/quote] It explains them in more detail on the [URL="http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/personal-stories/personal-story-overview/"]Guild Wars 2 Website.[/URL] under the section labeled, [I]The Orders.[/I] You meet the Order of Whispers in GW1. The Vigil is in the book The Ghosts of Ascolon.
Vigil clear winners.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.