• Guild Wars 2 V2: GOTY 2017 or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Arenanet
    9,751 replies, posted
[QUOTE=psychojake;34841436]Recruited two new GW2 fanboys in one week![/QUOTE] 35 new guys here. All to a guild :v:
Does every race have different base stats? I know they all have specific race abilities, but are the Charr and Norns naturally stronger and tougher than Asura, or are those kinds of stats based on profession (or maybe both)?
[QUOTE=CowThing;34843290]Does every race have different base stats? I know they all have specific race abilities, but are the Charr and Norns naturally stronger and tougher than Asura, or are those kinds of stats based on profession (or maybe both)?[/QUOTE] I wouldn't assume race affects anything, considering how balanced they're trying to make the game.
Each race will be different in their animations and their racial skills. From the beta footage, I haven't seen any hint of them yet though.
[QUOTE=Winner;34836711]Make a W/A and use 100B :D[/QUOTE] A/W Death blossom + mobius strike + splinter weapon on a hero
It's been a while and I still haven't gotten a beta key. How did you guys 'get it instantly'?
[QUOTE=Sickle;34843567]It's been a while and I still haven't gotten a beta key. How did you guys 'get it instantly'?[/QUOTE] They got their signup confirmation instantly, not their keys.
Anyone have a big guild planned up? I'm looking for one to start out with. I'm a big time GW1 fan and getting CE.
I might be starting a guild, but it probably won't be anything big or serious. Just a guild for people to hang out and do dungeons/events with.
So has anybody gotten lucky yet?
[QUOTE=Deac;34843716]They got their signup confirmation instantly, not their keys.[/QUOTE] Ooooh. In that case, I got it instantly too.
[QUOTE=Raizo;34845038]So has anybody gotten lucky yet?[/QUOTE] [i]...said Raizo while rocking back and forth in his bed[/i]
How the fuck did you know that?!
[QUOTE=Raizo;34845406]How the fuck did you know that?![/QUOTE] You left the window open.
anyone got any good warrior PvP gameplay from the beta this past weekend? or really any PvP at all from the beta would be nice to watch
God dammit I wish it was an open beta.
Isn't it supposed to go open beta in March/April?
[QUOTE=Raizo;34845460]Isn't it supposed to go open beta in March/April?[/QUOTE] No clue, but I hope so.
[QUOTE=Bullet100;34843883]Anyone have a big guild planned up? I'm looking for one to start out with. I'm a big time GW1 fan and getting CE.[/QUOTE] I'm starting a guild at [url]http://ignisaeternum.guildlaunch.com/[/url] : Most of us are from a different game (Mount & Blade: Warband) but we accepting all kinds of fun & nice people though. Could hook up with some FP players as well. :v:
[QUOTE=Raizo;34845460]Isn't it supposed to go open beta in March/April?[/QUOTE] No, there are no plans to go "Open Beta" at all. There are plans to do beta weekends, in which a portion of the community can play for a weekend, and provide input. This portion will be very large, and in some cases might be everyone who signed up. There is no traditional Open Beta planned as of yet.
[B]More detail about the WvWvW[/B] [url]http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-takes-your-wvw-questions-here-and-on-reddit[/url]
I had over 2000 hours on guild wars 1 and thats an unhealthy amount of time for me to play a game even over the space of several years so i really hope i get in :D
[QUOTE=DeandreT;34844161]I might be starting a guild, but it probably won't be anything big or serious. Just a guild for people to hang out and do dungeons/events with.[/QUOTE] Well from what I've heard that you can join as many guilds as you want, I'd love to join!
[QUOTE=Bullet100;34846526]Well from what I've heard that you can join as many guilds as you want, I'd love to join![/QUOTE] It's still just one per character, though, no?
[QUOTE=k0dex;34846177]I had over 2000 hours on guild wars 1 and thats an unhealthy amount of time for me to play a game even over the space of several years so i really hope i get in :D[/QUOTE] I've never played GW1 and I'm not really sure what kind of game it is, and we still probably have the same chances of getting in :downs:
[QUOTE=Tommeh!;34847000]It's still just one per character, though, no?[/QUOTE] Nope, guilds are account wide and you can join as many as you want, but you can only represent one guild at a time. You can easily switch between which guild you want to represent though.
[QUOTE=Tommeh!;34847000]It's still just one per character, though, no?[/QUOTE] Yeah you can only represent one guild but you can be apart of many guilds. I think it's the new type of alliance thing? [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=k0dex;34846177]I had over 2000 hours on guild wars 1 and thats an unhealthy amount of time for me to play a game even over the space of several years so i really hope i get in :D[/QUOTE] I probably have 1500, about 800 on my main W/Mo, and about 150 on the rest...
Got scared because I didn't get a confirmation email, so I made another email and re-did the sign up. So, when's the Beta going to start?
March I guess. No one has been accepted into the beta from the confirmed.. so yeah, just a reminder. Also, there is a GW2 AMA on Reddit, although I think it's focused on WvW PvP, starting now, I'll post a link when it appears. [url]http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/q45rm/iama_guild_wars_2_game_designer_ama_about_world/[/url]
[QUOTE=Docc;34847182]Nope, guilds are account wide and you can join as many as you want, but you can only represent one guild at a time. You can easily switch between which guild you want to represent though.[/QUOTE] Badass
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.