• The Elder Scrolls Megathread (V8)
    10,001 replies, posted
Except they aren't. Dremona weapons and Daedric weapons were nowhere close to being the same in Oblivion, while we are at it.
I would imagine that they must have some inferior form of Ebony in the realms of Oblivion, I mean wasn't true Ebony only found on Nirn or something?
Skyrim just straight up CTD'd there. No error message at all. Again, now. Wow.
[QUOTE=Eriorguez;36280809]Except they aren't. Dremona weapons and Daedric weapons were nowhere close to being the same in Oblivion, while we are at it.[/QUOTE] No? [url]http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dremora_Longsword[/url] [url]http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Longsword_%28Oblivion%29[/url]
[QUOTE=DesumThePanda;36281150]No? [url]http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dremora_Longsword[/url] [url]http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Longsword_%28Oblivion%29[/url][/QUOTE] No. The Dremora sword has a lower damage value, is worth way less, and breaks much faster.
[QUOTE=MeltingData;36281373]No. The Dremora sword has a lower damage value, is worth way less, and breaks much faster.[/QUOTE] Yes, but visually they're identical.
[QUOTE=DesumThePanda;36281378]Yes, but visually they're identical.[/QUOTE] Yeah, but the mechanics are completely different. I think it's just the Dremora ones are made from cheaper materials so they can be mass produced for the armies.
[QUOTE=DesumThePanda;36281150]No? [url]http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dremora_Longsword[/url] [url]http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Longsword_%28Oblivion%29[/url][/QUOTE] Notice the difference in strength. The daedric weapons are almost four times as powerful and are almost six times as durable. It's pretty much agreed upon that dremora tiered items are different from Daedric. Daedric items are a bitch to make. You've got to have ebony and some daedra. The crafting of the armor varies from game to game a bit if I remember correctly. However, whenever Daedric items are crafted it involves great pain for the daedra used during the process. I forget who, but I want to either say a high elf in Morrowind or Oblivion flat out refused to use Daedric armor/weapons because he could feel the pain of the daedra when wearing/wielding it. I'm not exactly sure what people agreed Dremora items to be. I'm thinking it was either just made from ebony in whatever realm of oblivion they're in or it's an extension of themselves in some sort of spirity summony metaphysical way. The latter makes more sense in Skyrim since you can't loot their armor. Anyways, fact of the matter is that dremora items are way inferior to daedric.
I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with Dawnguard. Not because it's going to be bad, I think it will be well made. I just feel like Skyrim pushed me towards an edge that I would plunge into during the next DLC. I want things like the Kings moot and the next Great War to start, instead we're going to do some random quest that hasn't been talked about at all instead of the great hole Skyrim leaves.
for some reason my game seems to freeze/lag for a few minutes after entering an area, would a memory leak be the issue?
I hope the vampire form spells won't need any of the mage skill tree perks to use the spells without eating up your magicka
[QUOTE=Mackalda2k6;36281443]I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with Dawnguard. Not because it's going to be bad, I think it will be well made. I just feel like Skyrim pushed me towards an edge that I would plunge into during the next DLC. I want things like the Kings moot and the next Great War to start, instead we're going to do some random quest that hasn't been talked about at all instead of the great hole Skyrim leaves.[/QUOTE] Agreed. It just seems to pop up, going "oh, btw, this is happening."
What are the benefits of being a vampire in Skyrim? I'm thinking about doing a vampire assassin playthrough.
[QUOTE=MeltingData;36281911]What are the benefits of being a vampire in Skyrim? I'm thinking about doing a vampire assassin playthrough.[/QUOTE] Its only useful for assassins and mages. Sneaking bonus, Illusion bonus, some gimmicky greater powers. Obviously sneak/illusion is good for assassins, likewise you become immune to disease and poison. It's useful for mages (with restoration experience) because it classifies you as undead, which coincides with the necromage perk (bonus spell magnitude for undead)... meaning you can cast retardedly powerful spells on yourself if you're a vampire.
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;36281954]Its only useful for assassins and mages. Sneaking bonus, Illusion bonus, some gimmicky greater powers. Obviously sneak/illusion is good for assassins, likewise you become immune to disease and poison. It's useful for mages (with restoration experience) because it classifies you as undead, which coincides with the necromage perk (bonus spell magnitude for undead)... meaning you can cast retardedly powerful spells on yourself if you're a vampire.[/QUOTE] The Necromage + Vampire combo also affects all on-self enchantments.
[QUOTE=MeltingData;36281911]What are the benefits of being a vampire in Skyrim? I'm thinking about doing a vampire assassin playthrough.[/QUOTE] I'm doing one right now, you'll have some nice illusion benefits if you like watching people kill each other. The sneaking bonus is nice aswell, although I hardly use any of the powers you get. And don't worry about everyone hating you, you can just cast calm on everything. I think they'll make them non-agressive in the dawnguard dlc though.
Jesus. So if I become a vampire, it fits me perfectly. I'm doing a stealthmage type thing. Oh boy I can't wait to get to Alduin and Dremora.
Oh god, of course the DLC adds a bunch of neat Werewolf stuff including an awesome looking skill tree. Shame I stopped playing my werewolf character a while ago, werewolves are awesome :( And there's no way he'd be compatable with a current playthrough, because I'm using some really outdated mods for him. I guess my next best option would be to start on my hunter character, and make him a werewolf by the time he gets to level 10 :v:
Unfortunately I don't think there will be any vampire werewolves without mods...
So I've got that dark nights and dungeons mod on, and I'm taking a stole through the woods at night to test it out. See this arch sticking up out of the ground and I go over to investigate it. A spriggan peals its self off of the one if the inside walls. Scariest fucking thing ever.
Anyone know a mod that adds a requirement to eat and drink? I love the cooking and I wish it was more useful.
[QUOTE=Higginz511;36282996]Anyone know a mod that adds a requirement to eat and drink? I love the cooking and I wish it was more useful.[/QUOTE] [url]http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10843[/url]
[QUOTE=Higginz511;36282996]Anyone know a mod that adds a requirement to eat and drink? I love the cooking and I wish it was more useful.[/QUOTE] I used one of those once, when I got bored of it and uninstalled, I didn't reset the settings, so now my charcter cannot regen magicka or stamina under any circumstances. Really sucks, though it does add a new layer of difficulty. So yeah, be careful with those.
[QUOTE=DiscoInferno;36282306]Unfortunately I don't think there will be any vampire werewolves without mods...[/QUOTE] It forms hideous abominations [t]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/rogerhughtaylor/Werevamp.jpg[/t] [editline]11th June 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=DiscoInferno;36282015]The Necromage + Vampire combo also affects all on-self enchantments.[/QUOTE] Testing all of this now, seems it also makes potion effects more powerful too :v: My 75% fortify destruction damage potions are cranking up to about 93% when I use them.
[QUOTE=jackattack;36283204][url]http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10843[/url][/QUOTE] Clicked download, didn't work for some reason so I refreshed the page. "This file has currently been set to hidden by the author of the file. You cannot look at this file page or download any files relating to this file until the author makes the file visible to the public again." what the fuck. [editline]11th June 2012[/editline] I guess it fixed itself. v:v:v
[QUOTE=Mackalda2k6;36281443]I feel like I'm going to be disappointed with Dawnguard. Not because it's going to be bad, I think it will be well made. I just feel like Skyrim pushed me towards an edge that I would plunge into during the next DLC. I want things like the Kings moot and the next Great War to start, instead we're going to do some random quest that hasn't been talked about at all instead of the great hole Skyrim leaves.[/QUOTE] To me, the Dawnguard DLC just seems like one giant gimmick. Bethesda really threw the story and combat out of the window and filled the holes with additional bullshit. Doesn't it seem a bit OP when you get a power that lets you pick someone up and throw him while draining his health or summoning some powerful-looking creature? The spears and crossbows are just new toys, sure they add new combat styles, but they are just new weapons added to already added skill trees. Bethesda is really stopping to use any RPG element, they just added some new perks to make you even more powerful instead of adding difficulty. This is like watching an RPG turning into assassins creed, a game where nobody even can touch you, Bethesda might as well make a spammy AoE that kills everything for you and show how easy the games have become. My general mentality of the RPG elements of Skyrim is: "Skyrim is not an action-RPG, it's an action game with RPG elements, it is Call of Duty." The story lines look worse, you get one that goes by without much information and another one based around gimmicks and let's add dragons in because why the hell not. It's like Bethesda is terrified of the thought of us not liking the damned things, so they stuff them into every single hole and create huge hypes for them, even through they go down in five minutes and then you just hit its head with a hammer. Anyway, the story lines look like Van Helsing vs gimmick genocide with spells, the one the devs seem to count most on is the vampire one and create a lot of hype around the demonic looking, magic casting, flying murder machine while the run around shooting vampires with crossbows (in which I guess I'd choose if I ever bought this DLC) goes by in the background without any notice at all. Imagine if you could choose a story line in Skyrim where you do not go to blackreach and do not become the dragonborn, you may loose on the experience, but the guards do not notify you that you are forced to be something specific and you are not allowed to role play as anything else. If you add in crossbows to the option I might as well say screw blackreach and go deer hunting with the closest thing the elder scrolls lore can allow to a rifle. I guess Skyrim goes the same way as CoD when it comes to story as well, you just need some American propaganda and explosions. In one, you become some kind of... thing... that everyone says is a vampire and go to hell to show all the dead how much you own them because you are the most OP thing on the surface of Nirn and in the other one you shoot vampires with crossbows. I play a mage in Skyrim and I'd still choose the latter because the former is just one big gimmick and I'll use the same word for the entire DLC: you get two new gimmicky story lines where you get two new gimmicky weapon types and gimmicky powers like becoming an OP gimmick and gimmick the gimmicky gimmicks in the gimmick in a gimmicky fashion. All I want is a proper storyline and some challenge, how hard is it to hire someone who can balance the game and some story writers who don't write three lines as a base for an entire quest line. I am not fooled by "woo, crossbows and spears and become flying demon thing", I'd like a proper DLC, not a map pack and some weapons.
But dude yr gonna get a castle
Is there any quick way of clearing out all files not associated with vanilla Skyrim from the folder without having to do a reinstall?
[QUOTE=Sgt Doom;36284316]Is there any quick way of clearing out all files not associated with vanilla Skyrim from the folder without having to do a reinstall?[/QUOTE] I'm reasonably sure if you delete your data files directory, or everything minus the main bsa files, steam will just replace all the bits and pieces.
[QUOTE=Kommodore;36284613]I'm reasonably sure if you delete your data files directory, or everything minus the main bsa files, steam will just replace all the bits and pieces.[/QUOTE]Was what I was thinking, but hoped there was a little program that could do that itself quickly. In any case, i'm in the process of doing a clean install of Steam and everything installed with it (C:/ is far too small for it now, moving it to my 1TB drive), so I suppose it's a moot point.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.