• The Elder Scrolls Megathread (V8)
    10,001 replies, posted
[video=youtube;vV_CS2ZIPCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV_CS2ZIPCY[/video] Lacks lens-flares and seizure lights.. Oh god what have I done.
[QUOTE=yawmwen;36907528]Who the fuck designed these Nordic Burial Grounds? "Hey guys let's prevent grave robbers by putting up stone turning puzzles in front of key areas!" "Yea! And we will put the answers right behind the stone! They will never think to look there!"[/QUOTE] They're actually meant to keep the Draugr in. It's so people can easily traverse the chambers, but Draugr can't. I read that in some in game book a few months ago.
[QUOTE=AnalAnnihilator;36908315]They're actually meant to keep the Draugr in. It's so people can easily traverse the chambers, but Draugr can't. I read that in some in game book a few months ago.[/QUOTE] What was the point in keeping dragur in if there's usually, if not always, draugr on both sides of the door?
[QUOTE=DesumThePanda;36908329]What was the point in keeping dragur in if there's usually, if not always, draugr on both sides of the door?[/QUOTE] Key word is "meant to" here.
[QUOTE=Drunken Moose;36908473]Key word is "meant to" here.[/QUOTE] they kept draugr in coffins on the other side of the door as well. Recall Bleak Falls Barrow.
Has anyone in a fantasy game considered cremation? Because I don't think there's ever been a tome where they dead just stayed dead.
[QUOTE=AnalAnnihilator;36908315]They're actually meant to keep the Draugr in. It's so people can easily traverse the chambers, but Draugr can't. I read that in some in game book a few months ago.[/QUOTE] So...Why not just put a door with a lever? Why do they have to implement an idiotic puzzle system when they could just put a button or a chain next to a gate?
Skyrim's a boring place. There's just snow and gray. The nords have to do something to occupy themselves. Like building intricate burial systems.
[QUOTE=AnalAnnihilator;36908609]Skyrim's a boring place. There's just snow and gray. The nords have to do something to occupy themselves. Like building intricate burial systems.[/QUOTE] they could've done a thousand other things to entertain themselves but they couldnt and they they were so stupid they decided to do that and the difficulty of the puzzles reflect that [editline]23rd July 2012[/editline] they prob got bored making around the puzzle making part of the construction chamber and decided "fuck it"
[QUOTE=AnalAnnihilator;36908609]Skyrim's a boring place. There's just snow and gray. The nords have to do something to occupy themselves. Like building intricate burial systems.[/QUOTE] So instead of building wonderful marvels of architecture and engineering, instead of creating huge fortresses or magnificent boats, instead of perfecting agriculture and feeding their population, they create glorified graveyards. Well, this is a fantasy game so I guess it makes sense.
the ghosts are p stupid too. in ysgramor's tomb the companion ghosts could walk out the wall and fight be but couldn't phase through a door
So I'm just sperlunking random caves filled with bandits as a werewolf for their tasty hearts. I then reach the end of a cave, and it's filled with Alikir warriors from that one quest where you find the redguard woman. They're all chilled out, not even giving a fuck while I'm in werewolf form. One of them even fucking cracked a joke by saying "Maybe you should remember putting your pants on before leaving the house"
[QUOTE=ROFLBURGER;36909494]So I'm just sperlunking random caves filled with bandits as a werewolf for their tasty hearts. I then reach the end of a cave, and it's filled with Alikir warriors from that one quest where you find the redguard woman. They're all chilled out, not even giving a fuck while I'm in werewolf form. One of them even fucking cracked a joke by saying "Maybe you should remember putting your pants on before leaving the house"[/QUOTE] They made fun of your glorious male physique, kill them all.
I am wondering, if you could, would you allow Potema to be revived? Even though she is a very evil bitch empress, she is also a Septim, and probably would be able to take down the Dominion. Then again, she was trying to kill you. Hate to admit it, but with an Imperial character, I would not only allow it, but probably try to help revive her.
[QUOTE=ForcedDj;36909683]I am wondering, if you could, would you allow Potema to be revived? Even though she is a very evil bitch empress, she is also a Septim, and probably would be able to take down the Dominion. Then again, she was trying to kill you. Hate to admit it, but with an Imperial character, I would not only allow it, but probably try to help revive her.[/QUOTE] solve one problem to have an even bigger one. since she is a necromancer she would prob just resurrect the Dominion and create a super-undead army, adding to the undead under her control in Skyrim.
[QUOTE=elowin;36909542]They made fun of your glorious male physique, kill them all.[/QUOTE] I did. I also somehow ended up in the reach. On my way there I ate some goats, Forsworn, Elk, Cavebears, and 2 trolls fighting eachother.
[t]http://i.imgur.com/eY7V7.jpg[/t] So I just finished the Imperial Legion quest line and I decided to sit on Ulfric's Throne. Also, Skyrim Weddings. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DeVnp.png[/IMG]
Just try out some new mod, I love Plush Backpack mod. Cute backpack and free hilarious armor. [url=http://uppix.net/2/8/b/c575829c7000ec21f2d00eb14cb12.html][img]http://uppix.net/2/8/b/c575829c7000ec21f2d00eb14cb12.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://uppix.net/7/7/c/7119003afe8eac6041e17a2210684.html][img]http://uppix.net/7/7/c/7119003afe8eac6041e17a2210684.jpg[/img][/url]
What are enchanted weapons? Are those the weapons which glow and have some sort of perk to them? Such as scorching war hammers etc..?? Cause my weight is beyond heavy and I need to sell some crap. Only thing left is weapons. I want to keep my potions, spell books, scrolls. So I need to drop some weapons. It's so hard cause a lot of em I like and have that glowing crap on it. But some I don't use at all and especially my staffs since I have basically not used any magic at all. But I heard enchanted weapons were worth keeping. Well I got some glowing weapons which I don't use ... is there an alternative to selling them? Or is it suggested I just sell them seeing as I don't use them along with the staffs and they're taking up too much weight.
[QUOTE='[ToRn];36910552']What are enchanted weapons?[/QUOTE] Uh, exactly what they sound like. Weapons with magical enchantments.
[QUOTE=fear me;36910733]Uh, exactly what they sound like. Weapons with magical enchantments.[/QUOTE] Yeah but could you be more specific. I went into specifics in my post cause I was wondering. I'm new to Skyrim and I know there is an over abundance of things in the world. So I was wondering if what I had were enchanted weapons or is that is a whole new thing I haven't discovered yet since I'm in still a low level character.
1. Go to an enchanting table 2. Learn effects from your enchanted items 3. Acquire the Black Star 4. Use it to enchant low tier weapons 5. Sell low tier weapons for $$$ 6. Enjoy enchantments and $$$ using this method
Enchanted weapons typically have elemental damage-enhancing effects, or other cause other combat-related disadvantages for people struck with them. [editline]asdfas[/editline] Gah new page out of nowhere
enchanted weapons are literally all over the place and are usually useless to you unless you need the enchantment sell them
[img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/jzC6zYMaf0Q0t.jpg[/img] That bit there tells you that the weapon or piece of armour is enchanted.
[QUOTE=AnalAnnihilator;36910767]1. Go to an enchanting table 2. Learn effects from your enchanted items 3. Acquire the Black Star 4. Use it to enchant low tier weapons 5. Sell low tier weapons for $$$ 6. Enjoy enchantments and $$$ using this method[/QUOTE] 1. Preparation: -Acquire fuckton of empty soulgems from Blackreach -Acquire decent weapon with soultrap abilities -Acquire "Banish" enchantment -Acquire Iron Daggers 2. Killing Spree -Kill everything with your soultrap weapon that has "white" souls 3. Enchantment -Enchant the shit out of those iron daggers using the "Banish" enchantment 4. Profit -Sell your iron daggers
You could craft the iron daggers as well to up your smithing but that's been nerfed bad since the update
Also the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow is better than a Vanilla Dragonbone Bow when it comes down to a single shot. At 100 smithing with 100% bonus to smithing the Crossbow does 185 Damage (At my archery skill) and the Bow does 177 damage (at my archery skill) Enhanced Crossbows ignore 50% of armor and there are special bolts that cause 10 fire, frost, or shock damage per bolt. Also there are dragonbow arrows that cause 25 damage per arrow, with the bow it does a total of 202 damage. But the dwarves bolts do only 14 damage, plus 10 elemental damage. With the crossbow it does a total of 209 damage. [editline]24th July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=AnalAnnihilator;36910925]You could craft the iron daggers as well to up your smithing but that's been nerfed bad since the update[/QUOTE] The best thing to do to increase your smithing is to transmute the iron ore into gold, and turn that into gold necklaces or rings with jewels in them.
once Dawnguard comes out on PC someone need to add the other materials for crossbows
I'm sure we'll see retextures on release day and custom modelled ones soon after.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.