• Counter Strike : Global Offensive Beta
    9,650 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Raijin;35503322]I'll probably get the Xbox version, from what I've seen the translation of controls and movement (for the most part) is pretty well done. Crouching is left trigger, left bumper is switching between primary and secondary, right bumper is cycle grenades, "Y" is switch to knife or Zeus if you bought one. Can't remember much more than that.[/QUOTE] I might be wrong, but are you a COD fan? If so, I understand why you prefer the console version. I have nothing against it, I'm just saying. [QUOTE=The Jack;35503534]But what do you AIM with?[/QUOTE] you aim with the right stick, a (quite) hard and imprecise way to aim BTW (at least for me).
[QUOTE=Mattey;35503647]I might be wrong, but are you a COD fan? If so, I understand why you prefer the console version. I have nothing against it, I'm just saying.[/QUOTE] I think CoD is okay, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. And I didn't say I won't be getting the PC version, I just said I'll probably be getting the Xbox version. I wouldn't prefer the console version over the PC version, I just like to play with my console peasant friends.
[QUOTE=Mattey;35503647]you aim with the right stick, a (quite) hard and imprecise way to aim BTW (at least for me).[/QUOTE] its not precise for anyone... thats why all the top pros on xbox(im talking actual paid players) play with high sens, so they can turn easily and the autoaim does most of the work for them
[QUOTE=t h e;35502104]I don't see what he did wrong to not deserve a key. What have you done to deserve one?[/QUOTE] [URL="http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542923341413605181/07887004691A855E0D95BD31A3986B96559FB9FF/"]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542923341413605181/07887004691A855E0D95BD31A3986B96559FB9FF/[/URL] I have something to do.
[QUOTE=Chirno;35503922]its not precise for anyone... thats why all the top pros on xbox(im talking actual paid players) play with high sens, so they can turn easily and the autoaim does most of the work for them[/QUOTE] Valve hasn't included aim assist in their console ports since L4D1. (Portal 2 doesn't count)
[QUOTE=Raijin;35504296]Valve hasn't included aim assist in their console ports since L4D1. (Portal 2 doesn't count)[/QUOTE] I think he's referring to CoD players
This game always crashes when I'm 4 kills away or so from winning in Arsenal mode. It's a beta yeah but fuck >:O
Why do people call it "auto-aim"? It's not aiming for you, it's assisting any input you give it. Aim assist is like Google Instant. You can't search "video games" without at least typing "v" first.
[QUOTE=Raijin;35504755]Why do people call it "auto-aim"? It's not aiming for you, it's assisting any input you give it. Aim assist is like Google Instant. You can't search "video games" without at least typing "v" first.[/QUOTE] Developers started calling it aim-assist so people felt better about having lower quality controls. It's one step above how Wii shooter games carry AI with horrendous aim to make up for the controls being shit.
[QUOTE=Omali;35505037]Developers started calling it aim-assist[/quote] No, they're two mostly different things. They didn't change terminology. [Quote=Omali;25505037]Wii shooter games [have] controls [that are] shit.[/QUOTE] Uhhh Wii only has a problem with the camera turning, aiming is almost as good as using a mouse. Point, click.
[QUOTE=Raijin;35504755]Why do people call it "auto-aim"? It's not aiming for you, it's assisting any input you give it. Aim assist is like Google Instant. You can't search "video games" without at least typing "v" first.[/QUOTE]It locks your aim on a target. How the hell that isn't auto aim is beyond me.
Friday hurry up and comeeeeeeeee(and please don't delay another key give-away)
I played this at a friends the other day. I'm not sure if it was due to having a bad ping (Not that there's any way to tell) But it seems as if most of the guns are just fucking terrible. They were all hugely inaccurate and did very little damage compared to CSS.
[QUOTE=Lizzrd;35508005]It locks your aim on a target. How the hell that isn't auto aim is beyond me.[/QUOTE] Valve's method (and I think it's in RAGE too) of aim-assist for their console games actually assists aim, believe it or not, by simply lowering the sensitivity when the crosshair is over an enemy. So it sort of just compensates for the inherent inaccuracy of joystick aiming but still requires you to have some aiming skill. I find it to be pretty awesome but I doubt you'll find it in many games in the future because the CoD audience just wants to pretend they can aim.
[QUOTE=Funny Hats;35510908]Valve's method (and I think it's in RAGE too) of aim-assist for their console games actually assists aim, believe it or not, by simply lowering the sensitivity when the crosshair is over an enemy. So it sort of just compensates for the inherent inaccuracy of joystick aiming but still requires you to have some aiming skill. I find it to be pretty awesome but I doubt you'll find it in many games in the future because the CoD audience just wants to pretend they can aim.[/QUOTE]Well yeah but it's still auto aim, crank up sensitivity to 11 and just shoot when screen has slowed down. How else do you think quickscoping has become such a fad?
[QUOTE=Lizzrd;35511320]Well yeah but it's still auto aim, crank up sensitivity to 11 and just shoot when screen has slowed down. How else do you think quickscoping has become such a fad?[/QUOTE] It lowers the sensitivity by a small percentage, it doesn't just go from 11 to 1, more like 11 to 8. You'd still have to be able to aim with that high sensitivity. I also don't know why you bring up quickscoping when CoD doesn't use Valve's system at all.
The best would be deadzone aiming, I'd say. To turn camera around you'd have to move the stick further than halfways to the edge.
[QUOTE=Lizzrd;35511546]The best would be deadzone aiming, I'd say. To turn camera around you'd have to move the stick further than halfways to the edge.[/QUOTE] So it's like it is now, only without variable speed?
Well i got a beta key monday. I was so excited. I get home download and install it. Bring up a game. And i get like 5 fps... It turns out AMD FX processors are fucked with this game. I hope VALVe fixes it soon!
Anyone got a spare gift, I'll trade you all of my TF2 items for it!
[QUOTE=sarge997;35512485]Well i got a beta key monday. I was so excited. I get home download and install it. Bring up a game. And i get like 5 fps... It turns out AMD FX processors are fucked with this game. I hope VALVe fixes it soon![/QUOTE] Got a spare one? Give me because I will touch your privates if you dont
I dont get why people would play the console. Also was crossplatform taken out? I remember hearing that. Well anyway a mouse is much more precise then two axis sticks.
Alright!! I got my game working. All i had to do was update and flash my bios to the latest version. It was a bit risky but now im getting like 60 to 100 fps! The game is so fun. :D
[QUOTE=Raijin;35504296]Valve hasn't included aim assist in their console ports since L4D1. (Portal 2 doesn't count)[/QUOTE] [video=youtube;DIxchgoq8yU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIxchgoq8yU[/video] Wrong
[QUOTE=Raijin;35500076]I don't see a problem with it. If I join a game full of AWPers or people who are constantly steamrolling my team, I just leave and rejoin. It almost always pairs me up with different people.[/QUOTE] i just want a server without bots
[QUOTE=EliteGuy;35514157][video=youtube;DIxchgoq8yU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIxchgoq8yU[/video] Wrong[/QUOTE] ...that's just bullet spread
Fuck I wish I could sit here and complain (or talk joyously) about the game's mechanics but that Beta key give away is still so far off...
I've officially given up all hope of getting a key. Will look forward to the actual release.
[QUOTE=Gabe Newell;35515420]...that's just bullet spread[/QUOTE] no, there are a few parts in the video where the tracers are nowhere near and still cause damage
[QUOTE=kaskade700;35515720]I've officially given up all hope of getting a key. Will look forward to the actual release.[/QUOTE] I gave up a long time ago.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.