• Counter Strike : Global Offensive Beta
    9,650 replies, posted
Still waiting on that public beta or the off chance I get a key. You'd think with 900 hours of CS:S, I'd have a shot.
[QUOTE=Takkun10;35517575]Still waiting on that public beta or the off chance I get a key. You'd think with 900 hours of CS:S, I'd have a shot.[/QUOTE] There's probably over half of Steam itself having applied for the closed beta, along with multikeys and key sellers, and a priority on those who took the survey first rather than actual playtime. If you get a key, you're damn lucky in this case.
[QUOTE=Takkun10;35517575]Still waiting on that public beta or the off chance I get a key. You'd think with 900 hours of CS:S, I'd have a shot.[/QUOTE] I have like less than an hour and I got a key a while ago.
[QUOTE=EliteGuy;35514157][video=youtube;DIxchgoq8yU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIxchgoq8yU[/video] Wrong[/QUOTE] This argument would probably be more convincing if it showed footage of actual auto-aim or aim assist instead of just a weapon with wide bullet spread.
[QUOTE=kaskade700;35515720]I've officially given up all hope of getting a key. Will look forward to the actual release.[/QUOTE] I'll never give up.
[QUOTE=kaskade700;35515720]I've officially given up all hope of getting a key. Will look forward to the actual release.[/QUOTE] Why? It's only been a month and a half since the survey started, and you're complaining because you've had to wait that long? I had the key back in September but had to have it sat there in my steam library unable to be played for 2 and a half months. Couldn't install nothing. Plus for the DotA 2 signup, I signed up on the first day of the survey, I only got in on March the 6th so just wait and stop being so impatient.
Stop getting so pissy over the CS:GO beta, it's not that great, for fucks sake you guys are getting way too excited over something that's just CSS with a handful of new weapons and fancy shadows.
[QUOTE=Atlascore;35519430]Stop getting so pissy over the CS:GO beta, it's not that great, for fucks sake you guys are getting way too excited over something that's just CSS with a handful of new weapons and fancy shadows.[/QUOTE] You do realize some of us have been waiting for another CS after CS:S was released, and now that we have that, we are getting pissy because we don't get to play it
It's okay to get pissy, that's only natural. Just please stop being pissy [I]in this thread.[/I]
I pray I get a key. That's all I really can do.
[QUOTE=Takkun10;35517575]Still waiting on that public beta or the off chance I get a key. You'd think with 900 hours of CS:S, I'd have a shot.[/QUOTE] You shouldn't expect just cause you have alot of hours in CS:S, you would get a key faster then everyone else. I know this because I have 1600 hours and I agee with Rikoh, they would give priority to people who took the survey first and what they happened to fill out.
[QUOTE=Raijin;35518700]This argument would probably be more convincing if it showed footage of actual auto-aim or aim assist instead of just a weapon with wide bullet spread.[/QUOTE]It adds giant hitboxes to the zombies, how can you possibly not see that? [editline]11th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Funny Hats;35511783]So it's like it is now, only without variable speed?[/QUOTE] No. When you move the thumbstick 5mm to the left, the camera wouldn't keep on moving to the left, just what 5mm would amount to on onscreen movement. The normal joystick behavior would reappear 1/2 to the edge of the joystick.
Yay! I just got my letter from Mary with the CS:GO card! Im starting to download the game. World wont see me for couple of months
[QUOTE=Lizzrd;35522015]It adds giant hitboxes to the zombies, how can you possibly not see that?[/QUOTE] How is this auto-aim? Sounds like they're playing on easy or something.
[QUOTE=Raijin;35528690]How is this auto-aim? Sounds like they're playing on easy or something.[/QUOTE] Not auto aim, aim assist. It assists aiming by having gigantic hit-boxes.
Like CS:S, got it.
I've played about 10 rounds in Arm Race, but it's always changing the maps between Shoots and Baggage. Aren't there any more?
The answer is either "No" or "Not yet". I can't remember.
[QUOTE=EliteGuy;35514157][video=youtube;DIxchgoq8yU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIxchgoq8yU[/video] Wrong[/QUOTE] No? There is no difference.
[QUOTE=RikohZX;35518348]There's probably over half of Steam itself having applied for the closed beta, along with multikeys and key sellers, and a priority on those who took the survey first rather than actual playtime. If you get a key, you're damn lucky in this case.[/QUOTE] I did the servey almost instantly after it went up and 170 hours. pretty sure its almost 100% random.
[QUOTE=Raijin;35528803]Like CS:S, got it.[/QUOTE] Not really, CS:S had big hitboxes, but they weren't gigantic like in that l4d2 video.
[QUOTE=Atlascore;35519430]Stop getting so pissy over the CS:GO beta, it's not that great, for fucks sake you guys are getting way too excited over something that's just CSS with a handful of new weapons and fancy shadows.[/QUOTE] Uh it will be the first Valve game I care about since like 2007 so yes it is a big deal.
I have been browsing the thread for abit, I am pretty sure someone posted some L4D2 comparsion with CS:GO, if so, could someone link me to the part or quote it?
Aw shit guys this patch is gonna be good [url]https://twitter.com/#!/csgo_dev/status/190225266784735232[/url] This+MP5 most likely being added+more stuff.
FINALLY A SERVER BROWSER Jebus Cripes, it's happening. I had no problem with the matchmaking, but this will guarantee i'll never get matched up with bots.
I'm excited to finally choose what map I want to play. Feel like Aztec? too bad your playing every other map. Or it finds you your map by coincidence however your team your forced into due to a full other team is terrible. So :dance:
Maybe this'll also allow people to join your created games too.
Maybe now I can now play with different people, seriously ever time I joined a server it would be with the same people I played with another day or earlier that day. It felt like me and these other players were all trapped in this box and forced to play with each other forever :v: god its horrible
Hopefully the testing goes nice and easy so the update comes out tomorrow or Friday (maybe even late tonight [img]http://www.facepunch.com/fp/ratings/rainbow.png[/img])
I wanna play 16v16 really bad.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.