• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    5,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=BmB;27616879]You want other people to have their experience devalued so you can cheat?[/QUOTE] How would it do anything to someone else's experience if they are in separate saves? Console is there for cheaters anyways
Games that are fairly small in scope, linear of nature and without hundreds of items to toss around sometimes benefit from not having quicksave. An open-ended game with thousands of things that can go wrong every minute, would certainly be hated by most if it did not have a quicksave feature. If you don't want to use it, don't. You are a human being capable of free will. Like with fast travel. I don't like how they removed the natural fast travel in Morrowind, namely silt striders and boats. So I didn't use fast travel in Oblivion unless I went from a major city to another. And when the Travel mods came out, I installed that. Now I can pay for travel between cities instead, and all is good. Also, hope the face generator is good enough for me to finally recreate myself completely in a game. Beard and all.
[QUOTE=BmB;27616879]You want other people to have their experience devalued so you can cheat?[/QUOTE] Fast travel is in Oblivion, I've not used it, and I'm still enjoying it to this day..
Maybe Bethesda should make their game stable enough you don't need to reload to progress. Maybe they should separate gameplay into manageable chunks with a well designed difficulty and points of failure where you have to use skill to progress to the next save point instead of having to spam quickload until you win.
[QUOTE=BmB;27616998]Maybe Bethesda should make their game stable enough you don't need to reload to progress.[/QUOTE] I have never crashed in Oblivion, it is stable(unless you stuff all those nude mods that you get in it). If people want to save their game, why is it a problem to you?
The only time I crashed in Oblivion was when I was playing with the 360 version and one of the dupe glitches. I had like 4000 separate skulls just lying on the ground, then I accidentally spawned another 4000. Also I want stackable (as in place one on top of one another, they don't roll around like retards) items as well. Combine that with the obligatory complicated dupe glitch, [i]skull thrones everywhere[/i].
Yeah, I don't get it. When did saving your game become cheating? If I play a character that get caught now and then when stealing silver vases, then fine. He'll do his time. But if I am playing a character who is so good at stealing, he never gets caught, then I want to load when I fuck up stealing someones copy of " The Lusty Argonian Maid". It is there for everyone one to use, and it is there for you to ignore it if you so choose.
First it's buggy enough that lack of quicksave would be "hated" and now it's plenty stable. Make up your minds.
[QUOTE=BmB;27617108]First it's buggy enough that lack of quicksave would be "hated" and now it's plenty stable. Make up your minds.[/QUOTE] I did not say shit about it being buggy, I said that quicksave is useful for some people. There is a good example of that above your post.
Why remove quicksave? Is there any reason WHY they should? Imo, it would kinda ruin the immersion in the game to have to pause my game and save. But that's just me being lazy. But I agree with hypno-toad on the natural fast-traveling/traveling and the whole quests having the long-ass distances between Point A and Point B being toned down.
[QUOTE=Durandir;27617089]Yeah, I don't get it. When did saving your game become cheating? If I play a character that get caught now and then when stealing silver vases, then fine. He'll do his time. But if I am playing a character who is so good at stealing, he never gets caught, then I want to load when I fuck up stealing someones copy of " The Lusty Argonian Maid". It is there for everyone one to use, and it is there for you to ignore it if you so choose.[/QUOTE] So you respond to something unexpected by erasing events and making up new ones, rather than reacting in character? How does your master thief feel about his lack of skill? Is this an RPG or a quickload jackoff simulator?
Who said anything about crashing? I said the game has thousands of things that can go wrong. You never know what happens. You can lose and hour of game time because an enemy spawned somewhere you didn't think he would. An item you need to steal might have been moved, making the steal more or less impossible at first try due any number of things. In more linear games they can have checkpoints to deal with unexpected things that can kill you or hinder you. In an open world sandbox game they choose to give you control of the checkpoint system by giving you quicksave. [QUOTE=BmB;27617192]So you respond to something unexpected by erasing events and making up new ones, rather than reacting in character? How does your master thief feel about his lack of skill? Is this an RPG or a quickload jackoff simulator?[/QUOTE] Sometimes, yes. It's just like when you die in an FPS. That death never happened. I don't always have time playing one part over and over again for hours on end. Sadly, real life eats up more and more time. I'm happy I have time to play anything at all sometimes, so being able to quicksave before critical decisions is a must in games like this.
Ok. Keep that shit out of my RPG's though.
[QUOTE=BmB;27617192]So you respond to something unexpected by erasing events and making up new ones, rather than reacting in character? How does your master thief feel about his lack of skill? Is this an RPG or a quickload jackoff simulator?[/QUOTE] Not every player wants to ride out consequences, why can't you grasp that? Some people just want to get to the end. Undoing your errors is not jacking off, I know this from experience. [QUOTE=BmB;27617281]Ok. Keep that shit out of my RPG's though.[/QUOTE] Nobody needs to play by your rules in someone else's game.
Maybe you're in the wrong genre of game.
[QUOTE=BmB;27617308]Maybe you're in the wrong genre of game.[/QUOTE] If you can't handle people playing a game in a way different to how you think it should be played you need to grow the fuck up and pull your head out your ass. Seriously.
You will have slim pickings of games then, since most games these days have quicksave as an option. Note the words, "as an option". Anyway, enough about that. All this talk about beards make me curious... how many here actually have beards?
[QUOTE=BmB;27617281]Ok. Keep that shit out of my RPG's though.[/QUOTE] Alright, next time I develop an RPG specifically tailored to [i]your[/i] tastes, I'll keep that in mind. Not everyone wants to play an RPG in character constantly, and, believe it or not, Bethesda likes money, which they'll receive less of if they build a game for a narrow audience. It has to appeal to everyone.
[QUOTE=BmB;27617308]Maybe you're in the wrong genre of game.[/QUOTE] Maybe I'm not a psycho who needs the game to be my life, maybe I play it for fun and not to be an alternative to outside. [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Durandir;27617334]You will have slim pickings of games then, since most games these days have quicksave as an option. Note the words, "as an option". Anyway, enough about that. All this talk about beards make me curious... how many here actually have beards?[/QUOTE] I have five curly hairs on my hin that I need to shave before school tomorrow.
[QUOTE=BipolarPanda;27617345] I have five curly hairs on my chin that I need to shave before school tomorrow.[/QUOTE] Where is your pride man? Keep them! Proudly show of your... beard. :buddy:
Two words. False dichotomy.
[QUOTE=Durandir;27617401]Where is your pride man? Keep them! Proudly show of your... beard. :buddy:[/QUOTE] But if I shave they will grow back quicker in more abundance [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=BmB;27617419]Two words. False dichotomy.[/QUOTE] How so? Note, two words does not make a dumb, self-centered point valid.
[QUOTE=BmB;27616563]I'm saying it's not optional because not using w would be freaking stupid, but unlike w, quicksave and fast travel actually impair the game.[/QUOTE] Just download a mod to remove fast travel and be done with it.
Holy shit, this comes out on a Friday?! That's awesome I hate when games like this come out on Tuesdays, there's never enough time to properly dive in
[QUOTE=BipolarPanda;27617424]But if I shave they will grow back quicker in more abundance[/QUOTE] I think that has been debunked as a myth, but I can't remember for certain at the moment. Oh well, I do hope every player of Skyrim sports a good sized beard when the game hit the streets though. The game also need a Beard Guild.
[QUOTE=Durandir;27617478]I think that has been debunked as a myth, but I can't remember for certain at the moment. Oh well, I do hope every player of Skyrim sports a good sized beard when the game hit the streets though. The game also need a Beard Guild.[/QUOTE] I think people think they do because the hairs near the base are usually thicker, so if you cut them, the thicker part appears more towards the top once the other hairs push them forward, giving a more "full" appearance. Also, ARGH. I need to wait until 2012 to buy this, my New Year's resolution is no buying any more games for the rest of the year.
[QUOTE=I Broke The Sun!;27617460]Just download a mod to remove fast travel and be done with it.[/QUOTE] What do you think I'm going to do? But I'd prefer it if the game was better designed so I wouldn't get the negative repercussions of not using it. That's the [b]whole point,[/b] if the game was better designed you wouldn't need quicksave and you wouldn't need fast travel.
[QUOTE=Achilles123;27617524]I think people think they do because the hairs near the base are usually thicker, so if you cut them, the thicker part appears more towards the top once the other hairs push them forward, giving a more "full" appearance. Also, ARGH. I need to wait until 2012 to buy this, my New Year's resolution is no buying any more games for the rest of the year.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I think that's right. I can tell you that your beard do not grow quicker. Doesn't matter for me though, as I already have a beard. And I need to trim the edges every three days or it becomes too long to deal with easily. Seriously? You poor thing. Think of all the sales on Steam during the year? And all the... wait, I cannot actually remember any other big games coming out this year other than Skyrim and Duke Nukem Forever... I'm to sleepy at the moment. But yeah, GAMES MAN!
[QUOTE=BmB;27617557]What do you think I'm going to do? But I'd prefer it if the game was better designed so I wouldn't get the negative repercussions of not using it. That's the [b]whole point,[/b] if the game was better designed you wouldn't need quicksave and you wouldn't need fast travel.[/QUOTE] You don't need it, I don't use it, it has not done anything bad to my game.
Stop posting please.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.