• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    5,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=BmB;27617557]What do you think I'm going to do? But I'd prefer it if the game was better designed so I wouldn't get the negative repercussions of not using it. That's the [b]whole point,[/b] if the game was better designed you wouldn't need quicksave and you wouldn't need fast travel.[/QUOTE] We've all had 100+ hours of gameplay in oblivion [B]with [/B]fast travel. That's why it was made.
[QUOTE=BmB;27617603]Stop posting please.[/QUOTE] Why, because I am not bending to your will?
[QUOTE=BmB;27617603]Stop posting please.[/QUOTE] Food for thought: There are other RPG's, try those.
I think we should quick load back to the save that we did before people started arguing.
[QUOTE=I Broke The Sun!;27617460]Just download a mod to remove fast travel and be done with it.[/QUOTE] And walk through the dreary and repetitive wasteland known as Cyrodil.
When I fail my exams this week, it is Oblivion's fault because it is so much fun!
Everyone buy male-pattern baldness medicine and rub it on your jaw in time for November.
[QUOTE=BipolarPanda;27617615]Why, because I am not bending to your will?[/QUOTE] Because you're making so little sense you're not even in the conversation anymore. You flew to the moon and made your own little topic, I can't respond to that in any meaningful way.
[QUOTE=BmB;27617866]Because you're making so little sense you're not even in the conversation anymore. You flew to the moon and made your own little topic, I can't respond to that in any meaningful way.[/QUOTE] How did I make my own topic? Please explain.
[QUOTE=DanRatherman;27617859]Everyone buy male-pattern baldness medicine and rub it on your jaw in time for November.[/QUOTE] :foxnews: "In other news, male-pattern baldness medicine sales have suddenly risen by 3000% in one month. More at 11"
[QUOTE=I Broke The Sun!;27617460]Just download a mod to remove fast travel and be done with it.[/QUOTE] it doesnt work when all the quests are designed around fast travel... [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Durandir;27617334]Anyway, enough about that. All this talk about beards make me curious... how many here actually have beards?[/QUOTE] i have a beard. all bow down, and worship.
[QUOTE=BmB;27617866]Because you're making so little sense you're not even in the conversation anymore. You flew to the moon and made your own little topic, I can't respond to that in any meaningful way.[/QUOTE] He flew to the moon, oh sorry mister oh high and mighty, I don't need quick save, but will argue about it, and don't want it in game nor do I want fast travel cause it's "cheating", didn't morrowind have some sort of fast travel, yes I think it did, is the design of the overall gameplay/exploring of the land crappy or based around fast travel no it's not, it was pretty well developed with fast travel too, so I think Bethesda will do pretty well with Skyrim's fast travel. [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Mattk50;27617899]it doesnt work when all the quests are designed around fast travel... [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] i have a beard. all bow down, and worship.[/QUOTE] How are they designed around fast travel, no you're just using that as an excuse, you're too lazy to walk to the selected area you're supposed to go to, I could easily walk to it.
[QUOTE=Melon_Mapper;27617975]How are they designed around fast travel, no you're just using that as an excuse, you're too lazy to walk to the selected area you're supposed to go to, I could easily walk to it.[/QUOTE] when a game is made with a feature the devs know is there, they will be much less carefull about creating quests that send you from anvil to chendinhal and back again. [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] i hate people like you, use your brain damnit.
[QUOTE=Melon_Mapper;27617975]He flew to the moon, oh sorry mister oh high and mighty, I don't need quick save, but will argue about it, and don't want it in game nor do I want fast travel cause it's "cheating", didn't morrowind have some sort of fast travel, yes I think it did, is the design of the overall gameplay/exploring of the land crappy or based around fast travel no it's not, it was pretty well developed with fast travel too, so I think Bethesda will do pretty well with Skyrim's fast travel. [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] How are they designed around fast travel, no you're just using that as an excuse, you're too lazy to walk to the selected area you're supposed to go to, I could easily walk to it.[/QUOTE] No really, they ARE designed around fast travel. Morrowind's fast travel system was at least well designed. If you take out Oblivion's fast travel, it no longer ceases to be fun because every single piece of land is the same. If you take out Morrowind's, every part is varied, there are UNIQUE dungeons everywhere. That being said, I loved both, and used Oblivion's fast travel without a lot of regret. [QUOTE=Durandir;27617575]Yeah, I think that's right. I can tell you that your beard do not grow quicker. Doesn't matter for me though, as I already have a beard. And I need to trim the edges every three days or it becomes too long to deal with easily. Seriously? You poor thing. Think of all the sales on Steam during the year? And all the... wait, I cannot actually remember any other big games coming out this year other than Skyrim and Duke Nukem Forever... I'm to sleepy at the moment. But yeah, GAMES MAN![/QUOTE] I know, it's awful. But I'm really planning on getting some diversity and adventure into my life.
[QUOTE=BipolarPanda;27617888]How did I make my own topic? Please explain.[/QUOTE] You didn't define "it" and I didn't phrase my post in a way that would allow you to derive an "it" from it. Further, I'm not even talking about any single thing, if at all, that you don't use, I don't need and doesn't affect your game. Even if I randomly match possible concepts to each clause it still doesn't make sense and the best I can make of it is still backwards.
-snip-
[QUOTE=Mattk50;27618060]when a game is made with a feature the devs know is there, they will be much less carefull about creating quests that send you from anvil to chendinhal and back again. [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] i hate stupid people like you[/QUOTE] You don't NEED quicksave, if you are going for realistic play, a quest is not going to be in a single city, you will have to persevere. [QUOTE=Mattk50;27618060] i hate stupid people like you[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=BmB;27618089]You didn't define "it" and I didn't phrase my post in a way that would allow you to derive an "it" from it. Further, I'm not even talking about any single thing, if at all, that you don't use, I don't need and doesn't affect your game. Even if I randomly match possible concepts to each clause it still doesn't make sense and the best I can make of it is still backwards.[/QUOTE] It being fast travel and/or quicksave I don't see anything backwards.
[QUOTE=Mattk50;27618060]when a game is made with a feature the devs know is there, they will be much less carefull about creating quests that send you from anvil to chendinhal and back again. [editline]23rd January 2011[/editline] i hate people like you, use your brain damnit.[/QUOTE] Use my brain, ok so I'm the one that needs to moan about fast travel being in Skyrim, cause I can't use my brain to not use the bloody thing, yes.... yes I need to use my brain... I hate people like you, given an option, you moan about the other option that is given.
How about we all agree that there are different people wanting different things and shut up about it? It's obvious all of you are too stubborn to recognize the other peoples' points, so this isn't going to end up as an anything more than a flame-fest.
But what ever I'm going to stop arguing, it's not like we're changing anything, I'll enjoy the game either way.
Even if you like Fast travel, you have to admit it was implemented in the most asinine way. I mean, you can cast a 1 second spell, fast travel and it will last for the entire duration. Then theres the fact that you don't expend any health, use any items or contract any diseases while fats traveling. it's not even travelling, it's just really slow teleporation. At least the teleporation in Morrowind requires you two place your mark, or pay gold to get teleported to a specific mages guild location.
[QUOTE=BipolarPanda;27618120]It being fast travel and/or quicksave I don't see anything backwards.[/QUOTE] So you don't use those? Why the fuck are we even arguing then? And I can assure you I will need those regardless of whether or not I use them, because as you are too dense to comprehend, the point has already been made that the game will be designed with those in mind. And finally, you must be a retard to think features that make up the game don't affect it. That's pretty backwards.
[QUOTE=BmB;27618392]So you don't use those? Why the fuck are we even arguing then? And I can assure you I will need those regardless of whether or not I use them, because as you are too dense to comprehend, the point has already been made that the game will be designed with those in mind. And finally, you must be a retard to think features that make up the game don't affect it. That's pretty backwards.[/QUOTE] I am not a retard, I took it from the perspective of someone who would want those things. You just took a massive shit on their opinions. It seems you don't know the meaning of the word need. Need means that you can't finish a given objective without said "need".
Reaching at anything you can lash out at me with. Not making sense again.
[QUOTE=BmB;27618496]Reaching at anything you can lash out at me with. Not making sense again.[/QUOTE] Adding nothing to your side of the argument. Not comprehending basic logic again.
I think we're done here.
I can agree on that one thing
Children, it's a game, play it how you wish, but don't moan at others for using something you may not.
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;27614713]"When was fast travel not optional" is the most fucking flawed logic on the planet. They built the world and every quest with fast travel in mind. There were so many small quests where you had to walk to the other side of cryodil just for one objective. Cyrodil is pretty and all but if you walked 10 feet and seen 10 feet of trees or grassland, you've basically walked all of cyrodil so there's simply no point in walking. There's hardly anything of interest nearby roads and even less interesting stuff in the woods. Fast Travel was NOT optional. best solution = Remove Fast travel, add boats and horse-drawn carriages, make world more interesting so it's not boring as shit to walk on the roads. Also, Endless forest are fine as long as you do a good job of making them. cyrodil just had boring and atmosphere-less forests. take a look at a game like The Hunter. I'm not an avid hunting fan, so I thought the gameplay itself was boring as shit, but the forest environments and atmosphere were fucking amazing, I played the game for hours just because they did such an amazingly realistic job of the environments. The least they could do is work on the game atmosphere.[/QUOTE] There are not even real forests in Oblivion. There are just few trees with huge spaces in between.
[QUOTE=Melon_Mapper;27617975] How are they designed around fast travel, no you're just using that as an excuse, you're too lazy to walk to the selected area you're supposed to go to, I could easily walk to it.[/QUOTE] They are. In morrowind, a lot of the smaller quests would require you to take maybe a 10 minute walk out of town, but in Oblivion, you sometimes have to travel the entire country.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.