• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    5,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Wheeze201;27633933]Like what happens in the fighters guild.[/QUOTE] That was Hist sap.
[QUOTE=BmB;27634050]Completely fucking missing the point. Doing fun things to level is fun. Traveling and seeing the world is fun. Having actual challenge you can't just spam quickload to beat is fun. But if there is an autolevel button, if there is fast travel, if there is quick load. The game will be made for those. Perhaps even unplayable without in some circumstances. It will be made to be less fun. So get that through your thick skull plox.[/QUOTE] Your point being... I enjoy exploring Cyrodiil, even though it has travel, quick load I don't even use, only the normal save and load function in the menu, we all have our own fun, no matter what the game is to others, as facepunchers allways bring up, it's personal preference, don't like it, don't fucking play the game, simple as, don't moan at others cause of something you disagree with, so you get that through your thick skull.
run on sentances make my head hurt But both of you have your own good points. Except somewhere in your argument both of you are fucking up.
Either way Bethesda make it, with or without fast travel/quick save, I'll buy it and enjoy it, all I'm saying is it's personal preference, people may like how oblivion was made, or prefer morrowind over oblivion.
"Personal preference" is an easy way to pretend to have an opinion without having to back it up. [highlight](User was permabanned for this post ("Gold Membership revoked" - Hezzy))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=BmB;27634230]"Personal preference" is an easy way to pretend to have an opinion without having to back it up.[/QUOTE] everyone has an opinion you dolt, my opinion is yes, Oblivion wasn't as varied as Morrowind, but I still enjoy exploring the land, as long as I get good views I'm happy, and your point there, all you do when you can't think of anything, is find something not to do with the argument then bring it up..
[QUOTE=BmB;27634230][b][i]"Personal preference" is an easy way to pretend to have an opinion without having to back it up.[/i][/b][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=BmB;27634050][b]Completely fucking missing the point. Doing fun things to level is fun. Traveling and seeing the world is fun. Having actual challenge you can't just spam quickload to beat is fun. But if there is an autolevel button, if there is fast travel, if there is quick load. The game will be made for those. Perhaps even unplayable without in some circumstances. It will be made to be less fun. So get that through your thick skull plox.[/b][/QUOTE] ???
[QUOTE=BmB;27634230]"Personal preference" is an easy way to pretend to have an opinion without having to back it up.[/QUOTE] Alright, here's some backing up for my opinion of keeping quicksave in the game: In almost every game there are some parts, some dungeons or such, that are really long and without any loadings in between. In those dungeons there may be around five different spots with enemies. If I were to lose on the last one of those spots on the last enemy, and then start again from the beginning of the dungeon, my motivation to keep playing would drop dramatically, as I'd have to [i]repeat[/i] what I have already done. Especially if it's exactly the same as before. The problem gets even bigger if the last enemy is some kind of a boss and losing to him is quite common; you might be going through the same dungeon five times, facing the same enemies each time. Challenge can be fun, yeah, but repetition drains motivation. Of course, there would be no problem if the game had some kind of a clever autosave system that saved after larger battles and such. But as long as the autosave is just when I enter another cell, I'd like to have the quicksave option. [u]Also, just for clarification:[/u] do you also deem the normal saving feature "too easy" or just the quick buttons for saving/loading? [editline]24th January 2011[/editline] But I see your point if the game is [i]made[/i] for those features, like many quests in Oblivion. But if that's kept aside, I don't think there's anything really wrong with quicksave/-load or Fast Travel.
I really hope that the physical attributes of your character will influence the game. Like a really fat character will have more health, and more cold resistance while moving slower/ jumping lower. A skinny character would have the opposite. And like when you create a really ugly character noone will take you seriously/ and you think of more.
[QUOTE=BmB;27634230]"Personal preference" is an easy way to pretend to have an opinion without having to back it up.[/QUOTE] I can't believe you're still going on with this.
Oh come on, it's not like you HAVE to use quick save and loads.
[QUOTE=Mrfantasticool;27634585]I really hope that the physical attributes of your character will influence the game. Like a really fat character will have more health, and more cold resistance while moving slower/ jumping lower. A skinny character would have the opposite. [B]And like when you create a really ugly character noone will take you seriously/ and you think of more.[/B][/QUOTE] I'm glad that wasn't in Oblivion :v:
[QUOTE=Dragory;27634410]Alright, here's some backing up for my opinion of keeping quicksave in the game: In almost every game there are some parts, some dungeons or such, that are really long and without any loadings in between. In those dungeons there may be around five different spots with enemies. If I were to lose on the last one of those spots on the last enemy, and then start again from the beginning of the dungeon, my motivation to keep playing would drop dramatically, as I'd have to [i]repeat[/i] what I have already done. Especially if it's exactly the same as before. The problem gets even bigger if the last enemy is some kind of a boss and losing to him is quite common; you might be going through the same dungeon five times, facing the same enemies each time. Challenge can be fun, yeah, but repetition drains motivation. Of course, there would be no problem if the game had some kind of a clever autosave system that saved after larger battles and such. But as long as the autosave is just when I enter another cell, I'd like to have the quicksave option. [u]Also, just for clarification:[/u] do you also deem the normal saving feature "too easy" or just the quick buttons for saving/loading? [editline]24th January 2011[/editline] But I see your point if the game is [i]made[/i] for those features, like many quests in Oblivion. But if that's kept aside, I don't think there's anything really wrong with quicksave/-load or Fast Travel.[/QUOTE] The problems you are outlining are exactly the problem that the game will be designed with long, extended sections of gameplay where the developers have simply thought "oh but they can just use quicksave who cares if it's balanced" And you haven't been listening at all, the [i]very first[/i] point made about fast travel is that we would rather see it ditched and replaced with sensible, in-universe alternatives that don't take you out of the game world but still provide a speed boost so you don't get bored of walking. That's what's wrong with it. Very first point.
[QUOTE=MrJazzy;27635370]I'm glad that wasn't in Oblivion :v:[/QUOTE] No one would take anyone seriously. :v:
We may need to create a new thread soon, especially with all this arguing going no where.
[QUOTE=BmB;27635453]The problems you are outlining are exactly the problem that the game will be designed with long, extended sections of gameplay where the developers have simply thought "oh but they can just use quicksave who cares if it's balanced" And you haven't been listening at all, the [i]very first[/i] point made about fast travel is that we would rather see it ditched and replaced with sensible, in-universe alternatives that don't take you out of the game world but still provide a speed boost so you don't get bored of walking. That's what's wrong with it. Very first point.[/QUOTE] stop just drop it
Or you could just create a new thread for the arguing. "Why I would make a much better RPG than Bethesda v1" by BmB
Wait I dont understand why would you bitch about fast travel if it's not even forced
[QUOTE=BmB;27634230]"Personal preference" is an easy way to pretend to have an opinion without having to back it up.[/QUOTE] "Personal preference" = Opinion
[QUOTE=Melnek;27636121]Wait I dont understand why would you bitch about fast travel if it's not even forced[/QUOTE] Apparently fast travel is to blame for 'bad' quests and gameplay.
With fast travel, the land between locations become drab and boring. Without fast travel, the land would have to look better, or the devs are lazy. Some people want the land to look good while wandering around. Some people want to be able to get to another place quickly. If Skyrim has very detailed land and fast travel, then all would be well. Fast travel being different forms of transportation. Wagon, Carriage, Teleport, Ship, etc. Not just click here on map and instant transport. Oblivion's(Fallout 3 and NV) make it seem like your character has magic abilities to arrive anywhere without worry for enemies or other dangers. It could be made like Red Dead Redemption(Sit back and enjoy the ride or just skip) or Fallout 1 & 2(Chances of encounters). I would like it if we had different forms of transportation where you could sit back and watch the scenery go by. Or you could just do instant travel(Like RDR). With using transportation(Other then teleportation and magic) you should have a chance of encounters along the way. Bandits, recent battle, lost person, wild animals, and more.
[QUOTE=Melnek;27636121]Wait I dont understand why would you bitch about fast travel if it's not even forced[/QUOTE] Hi my name is Melnek and I can ignore every post made in the past 3-4 pages.
:siren:[U][B]ANYWAYS ON THE TOPIC OF SKYRIM AND NOT BITCHY ARGUING HOW 'BOUT THEM THERE BEARDS?[/B][/U]:siren:
I wonder, will any of the wild animals have beards? A troll with a beard or a bear with a beard. Mudcrab with a beard...
I'm just curious about something... BmB, you say that quicksaves ruin the game, and RPGs shouldn't have that. But I cannot for the life of me remember one RPG without quicksave. Might be that I am sleepy, but I know that games like Planescape Torment has it, Neverwinter Nights has it, Dragon Age has it... I'm done discussing this, I am just curious about which games you are thinking about that don't have it. And a follow up question to that, are there any new RPG's like Oblivion, but more RPG like you think I should play? To be on topic: BEARDS! (also going to bed, won't answer in 8 hours)
Why don't you get that the majority of the audience of the game likes quick travel? "BmB pls go"
"Quick travel is a bad idea" Have you played Far Cry 2?
[QUOTE=Melnek;27636121]Wait I dont understand why would you bitch about fast travel if it's not even forced[/QUOTE] Yeah this argument is completely retarded.
Stop arguing and read this everyone: [url]http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/01/24/skyrim-building-better-combat.aspx[/url] YEESSS shield bash
[quote]The Havok Behavior technology gives the spells more visual flair than we've seen in past Elder Scrolls games as well. If you cast a frost spell, you'll see the effects on the enemy's skin. If you're wielding the flame spell like a flame thrower, the environment will catch fire for a short while and burn anything that comes into contact with it.[/quote] I'm happy.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.