• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    5,001 replies, posted
that's fine, i will craft my arrows from the very trees and my beard
how about when this thread ends, you can all go to the Elder scrolls thread?
I really hope you can deflect arrows with magic, like a air push spell thingy that you can use to reflect arrows towards sender. Would feel really badass.
The beards are going to suck like NV's.
[QUOTE=uberbabetron;27645924]The beards are going to suck like NV's.[/QUOTE] and then there were mods, said the gods of tentacle rape, anime in a fantasy setting, and fur suits
[QUOTE=Mrfantasticool;27645910]I really hope you can deflect arrows with magic, like a air push spell thingy that you can use to reflect arrows towards sender. Would feel really badass.[/QUOTE] Probably a 2 second lasting ward/magic shield
[QUOTE=Akuma_lektro;27645858]how about when this thread ends, you can all go to the Elder scrolls thread?[/QUOTE] I don't understand why people keep making this into an issue. Really, does this thread just make your life more difficult or something?
[QUOTE=Soul-Chicken;27637077]"Quick travel is a bad idea" Have you played Far Cry 2?[/QUOTE] That game would be awesome if not every person in Africa hated you.
Can elves have beards?
Dark Elves and Wood Elves could have beards in Morrowind. High Elves couldn't thou coz they are lady boys
[QUOTE=tarkata14;27645985]I don't understand why people keep making this into an issue. Really, does this thread just make your life more difficult or something?[/QUOTE] I just don't see why it needs it's own thread
[QUOTE=Akuma_lektro;27646515]I just don't see why it needs it's own thread[/QUOTE] Because the game is not out yet, and discussing theories and such in a thread not dedicated to it will be pointless. Also, it easier to keep track of the only Skyrim related news here
I hope some enemies will require some good tactics to kill. Like giants. They will probably carry around a weapon twice the size of you, so one hit with that should send you ragdolling through the air. For example, in order to take them down quickly, you'd have to aim for the head if you're using a bow and arrow, weaken the legs if you're using a melee weapon or spam them with enough magic etc.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;27641502]Well the guys from Dark Messiah are most likely working on the combat for Skyrim, so there's hope.[/QUOTE] I really hope you are right
[QUOTE=Carne;27646642]I hope some enemies will require some good tactics to kill. -aim for the head if you're using a bow and arrow, weaken the legs if you're using a melee weapon or [b]spam them with enough magic[/b] etc.[/QUOTE] Tactics.
[QUOTE=ShitStorm;27646755]Tactics.[/QUOTE] Well, there's not much else to do when you're running into a big foe. Using the surroundings to your advantage could be something though.
[QUOTE=Carne;27646877]Well, there's not much else to do when you're running into a big foe. Using the surroundings to your advantage could be something though.[/QUOTE] Well they said that Lightning drains an opponents magic, making it useful against wizards. Frost drains stamina and fire does the most damage.
[QUOTE=famasfanalt;27647136]Frost drains stamina[/QUOTE] And it slows enemies down, so a low-leveled frost spell (as a warrior) gives you an advantage because he swings that bigass piece of weaponry a tad slower. I also like the fact that 'sprinting' backwards isn't at the same pace as sprinting forwards anymore.
Not sure if late and didn't want to read through several pages to find out if it is, details on the new combat system are released: [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/25/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-combat-detailed/[/url] You can call on Fucking dragons and slow time. Damn, guess I'm late :frown:
[QUOTE=cyclocius;27647891]Not sure if late and didn't want to read through several pages to find out if it is, details on the new combat system are released: [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/25/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-combat-detailed/[/url] You can call on Fucking dragons and slow time. Damn, guess I'm late :frown:[/QUOTE] I'll give you a heart instead of a clock.
Well, I hadn't noticed, so thank you anyway.
Woah woah, no mention of spellmaking. I will be a very unhappy mage if there is no spellmaking.
They didn't mention spears or anything either, they just said "two handed weapons" which could just mean warhammers and two hand swords...
I would like a dragon shout that reverses enemy weapon/armor enchantments. So it would be like this: "HAHA! You cannot hurt me with Frost! I have 100% Resist!" "DRAGON SHOUUUUUUUUUUUUT!" "OH NO! It appears I am 100% Weaker to FROST!" Ice mace to the face. Or an enemy/person with fortify intelligence. "YES! YES! I FOUND THE CURE FOR EVERYTHING EVER!" "[B]DRAGON SHOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUT![/B]" "[I]Durr." "[/I]Mwahahah! Now I, the Dragonborn, shall be credited for this discovery!"
$5 that Skyrim will use Steamworks along with achievements.
[QUOTE=Mrfantasticool;27645910]I really hope you can deflect arrows with magic, like a air push spell thingy that you can use to reflect arrows towards sender. Would feel really badass.[/QUOTE] This would actually be an amazing way for telekinesis not to be a useless spell anymore. I think it would be awesome if they changed the way conjuration worked a bit. It's always been my favourite school of magic in these games but sometimes it seems pretty useless. Armour and creatures could be summoned as normal where they last for a certain amount of time, but for weapons I think it would be more interesting if the weapon did a hell of a lot more damage than normal, but would also break after only 1 or 2 swings. It would work pretty well for shields too, at high levels having the ability to summon a shield to block just about anything for 1 hit so you can find time to run away/restore health/ fuck shit up with your beard. The magic cost would have to be pretty high to stop people just breaking the system by conjuring over and over again though. Oh that and I would love to finally be able to conjure enchanted weapons for once.
[QUOTE=PunchedInFac;27645261]Would be much more [B]BEARDLIKE[/B] to just throw the arrows where you please. Or keep a giant ballista in your [B]BEARD OF HOLDING[/B][/QUOTE] I can already see a mod that replaces telekinesis with beardikinesis, and when you use it your beard whips out and grabs things. It will be amazing.
These are what dragon and argonian beards should be like: [img]http://bearded-dragon.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/centralbeardeddragon.jpg[/img]
what about argonian mustaches
[QUOTE=Stizzles;27648886]what about argonian mustaches[/QUOTE] Your avatar creeps me the fuck out.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.