• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    5,001 replies, posted
Would be badass if you could shoot other arrows in mid-air.
Would be awesome if your beard could absorb arrows and add them to your inventory. Actually, your bow should be strung with your beard hair. Or maybe your beard stiffens into a bow. [QUOTE=redBadger;27642847]Would be badass if you could shoot other arrows in mid-air.[/QUOTE] The dragon shout that freezes time. Oh god the potential.
I wonder if you can craft arrows, it would certainly be a big help seeing as arrows are going to be rarer.
Not rarer, just cost much more then before. They won't make it hard to find them, since that be stupid to have lack of arrows in a medieval/fantasy world. And bows have been made to shoot slower, be stronger, and be tougher to use on opponents in close range combat. Since there will be staggering and all that.
[QUOTE=redBadger;27642847]Would be badass if you could shoot other arrows in mid-air.[/QUOTE] My "Would be badass " thoughts: -Would be badass if you could pull the arrow out of your body and use it to kill the guy that fired the thing at you, WBB if you could take it out of time stasis as well. -WBB if your agility was high enough and had a hand free you would have a chance to pluck the arrow out of midair like a shaolin monk. -WBB If your strength governed how fast you pull it back, strength should be a major attribute for every non-magic character. -WBB If you could use crossbows, but they wouldn't be the stronger than bows, since in Skyrim bows would be made out of the more springy/strong wood and the stronger cords and a particularly strong person with the right wood/metal bow would be able to fire it better than a crossbow would. -WBB If you could kick down an opponent and stamp his head flat if you are wearing heavy grieves. -WBB If animals that can get skinned/butchered will look skinned/butchered after you take whats there and the smell would attract carnivores like bears, wolves, trolls, maybe even [B]bear[/B]ds. Finally, I would like a quest to inquire on the origin of the ebony arrows of slaying. After all they can be used to kill a pretty much everything that moves, at least that's what I used for them against Almalexia and Hircine.
Will be even more badass if you could use Telekinesis to throw arrows at your opponents. :v:
[QUOTE=Rong;27645173]Will be even more badass if you could use Telekinesis to throw arrows at your opponents. :v:[/QUOTE] Would be much more [B]BEARDLIKE[/B] to just throw the arrows where you please. Or keep a giant ballista in your [B]BEARD OF HOLDING[/B]
I think what they mean with arrows being harder to come by is just that they will be more expensive. Thus you will not see bandits with a buttload of them and stuff. And I am pretty sure the OHK aspect will only be if you sneak, but might seem like it will be viable for normal Ranger like characters as well. As for beards, we need four slots in the character creator. Left side, right side, lip and chin. Then you can mix and match beards to make either the most badass beard possible, or the most crazy looking.
that's fine, i will craft my arrows from the very trees and my beard
how about when this thread ends, you can all go to the Elder scrolls thread?
I really hope you can deflect arrows with magic, like a air push spell thingy that you can use to reflect arrows towards sender. Would feel really badass.
The beards are going to suck like NV's.
[QUOTE=uberbabetron;27645924]The beards are going to suck like NV's.[/QUOTE] and then there were mods, said the gods of tentacle rape, anime in a fantasy setting, and fur suits
[QUOTE=Mrfantasticool;27645910]I really hope you can deflect arrows with magic, like a air push spell thingy that you can use to reflect arrows towards sender. Would feel really badass.[/QUOTE] Probably a 2 second lasting ward/magic shield
[QUOTE=Akuma_lektro;27645858]how about when this thread ends, you can all go to the Elder scrolls thread?[/QUOTE] I don't understand why people keep making this into an issue. Really, does this thread just make your life more difficult or something?
[QUOTE=Soul-Chicken;27637077]"Quick travel is a bad idea" Have you played Far Cry 2?[/QUOTE] That game would be awesome if not every person in Africa hated you.
Can elves have beards?
Dark Elves and Wood Elves could have beards in Morrowind. High Elves couldn't thou coz they are lady boys
[QUOTE=tarkata14;27645985]I don't understand why people keep making this into an issue. Really, does this thread just make your life more difficult or something?[/QUOTE] I just don't see why it needs it's own thread
[QUOTE=Akuma_lektro;27646515]I just don't see why it needs it's own thread[/QUOTE] Because the game is not out yet, and discussing theories and such in a thread not dedicated to it will be pointless. Also, it easier to keep track of the only Skyrim related news here
I hope some enemies will require some good tactics to kill. Like giants. They will probably carry around a weapon twice the size of you, so one hit with that should send you ragdolling through the air. For example, in order to take them down quickly, you'd have to aim for the head if you're using a bow and arrow, weaken the legs if you're using a melee weapon or spam them with enough magic etc.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;27641502]Well the guys from Dark Messiah are most likely working on the combat for Skyrim, so there's hope.[/QUOTE] I really hope you are right
[QUOTE=Carne;27646642]I hope some enemies will require some good tactics to kill. -aim for the head if you're using a bow and arrow, weaken the legs if you're using a melee weapon or [b]spam them with enough magic[/b] etc.[/QUOTE] Tactics.
[QUOTE=ShitStorm;27646755]Tactics.[/QUOTE] Well, there's not much else to do when you're running into a big foe. Using the surroundings to your advantage could be something though.
[QUOTE=Carne;27646877]Well, there's not much else to do when you're running into a big foe. Using the surroundings to your advantage could be something though.[/QUOTE] Well they said that Lightning drains an opponents magic, making it useful against wizards. Frost drains stamina and fire does the most damage.
[QUOTE=famasfanalt;27647136]Frost drains stamina[/QUOTE] And it slows enemies down, so a low-leveled frost spell (as a warrior) gives you an advantage because he swings that bigass piece of weaponry a tad slower. I also like the fact that 'sprinting' backwards isn't at the same pace as sprinting forwards anymore.
Not sure if late and didn't want to read through several pages to find out if it is, details on the new combat system are released: [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/25/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-combat-detailed/[/url] You can call on Fucking dragons and slow time. Damn, guess I'm late :frown:
[QUOTE=cyclocius;27647891]Not sure if late and didn't want to read through several pages to find out if it is, details on the new combat system are released: [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/25/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-combat-detailed/[/url] You can call on Fucking dragons and slow time. Damn, guess I'm late :frown:[/QUOTE] I'll give you a heart instead of a clock.
Well, I hadn't noticed, so thank you anyway.
Woah woah, no mention of spellmaking. I will be a very unhappy mage if there is no spellmaking.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.