• DayZ Mod v3 -- Ax Murderers, Kenyan Zombies, and Internet Drama, Oh My!
    10,002 replies, posted
So yeah, yesterday I was on a random server in the nwaf. I was camping there until i see this appearing infront of my eyes. [thumb]http://puu.sh/PnHN[/thumb] I disconnected so fast. Rejoined after a couple of minutes, I see a heli taking of and crashing near there and at the end, the airfield was looking like this. [thumb]http://puu.sh/PdAP[/thumb]
The Great Helicopter Heist, FP Server Hey look, a helichopper. [img]http://i.imgur.com/MAMQb.jpg[/img] So I found 2 helicopters, picked the best one and destroyed the other. [img]http://imgur.com/uTsGJ.jpg[/img] As I was leaving I saw another one. [img]http://i.imgur.com/VgdI1.jpg[/img] And it's broken now. [img]http://i.imgur.com/PPDny.jpg[/img] Then I flew away and looted some camps and vehicles. And karma got me when I heard footsteps right next to me and someone shooting me right next to me. I spun around like I had ants in my pants but I couldn't see him. I'm pretty sure he was invisible but oh well, I deserved it. [img]http://i.imgur.com/Rdn9h.jpg[/img]
Out of curiosity, why did you damage the choppers you couldn't take?
[QUOTE=dogmachines;37117482]Out of curiosity, why did you damage the choppers you couldn't take?[/QUOTE] Possession goods. Have something no-one else can have. Burn the field after a harvest kind of thing, you know.
[QUOTE=BigBoom;37117521]Possession goods. Have something no-one else can have. Burn the field after a harvest kind of thing, you know.[/QUOTE] Oh, same reason nc suggests saving tents after emptying them.
[QUOTE=FpShepard;37116656]So what the fuck happened ? [t]http://i.cubeupload.com/sMWty5.png[/t][/QUOTE] That was me! My friend was driving the heli and accidently ejected and it crashed and we both died. :(
I'm trying to join the uspvt server but it keeps saying it's locked even though there's people on it, any ideas?
[QUOTE=dogmachines;37117541]Oh, same reason nc suggests saving tents after emptying them.[/QUOTE] Yep. Problem is is that it doesn't work because of server glitches
[QUOTE=decyg;37117615]I'm trying to join the uspvt server but it keeps saying it's locked even though there's people on it, any ideas?[/QUOTE] Its about to restart
[QUOTE=Lone Wolf807;37117654]Its about to restart[/QUOTE] Oh right, thanks!
Found a chopper at chernogosk, didn't take it because I don't know how to fly choppers :v:
[QUOTE=FpShepard;37117988]Found a chopper at chernogosk, didn't take it because I don't know how to fly choppers :v:[/QUOTE] It's as easy as holding Q, tipping the chopper forward and flying into a powerline. Howto DayZ Choppers.
So I spent about two hours yesterday running from Pavlovo to Kabanino to regroup with a bunch of my friends. While I'm laying down waiting for them to arrive at my location I get shot by some douchebag sniper. They were like half a click away from my location. Man this game feels so pointless yet I can't stop playing it.
I was dicking around on side chat and noticed a silhouette on a hill. I looked up and 2 guys were looking down at me, first thing I thought was "Oh shit, sniper spotter team" so I lined up a shot on one guy and shot just as he moved. I popped a couple in the direction of the guy who seemed to be the spotter(he was prone) and shot, narrowly missing as they both retreated behind the hill. I talked to them over side chat and apparently they didn't want to shoot me, so we went our separate ways.
[QUOTE=dogmachines;37117482]Out of curiosity, why did you damage the choppers you couldn't take?[/QUOTE] My buddies and I have a strict scorched earth policy. We destroy all tents and vehicles, hide all bodies, etc. We tend to find a lot on our routes, we sort of have a rough idea of where people hide stuff usually (like where I found the choppers) so we manage to scorch a lot of earth. It has served us well since the first couple weeks of DayZ release, and even moreso now since tents and vehicles are a-okay.
[QUOTE=Fkpuz Version 1;37118394]My buddies and I have a strict scorched earth policy. We destroy all tents and vehicles, hide all bodies, etc. We tend to find a lot on our routes, we sort of have a rough idea of where people hide stuff usually (like where I found the choppers) so we manage to scorch a lot of earth. It has served us well since the first couple weeks of DayZ release, and even moreso now since tents and vehicles are a-okay.[/QUOTE] IMO its better to leave them with nothing and have them know you were there then leave them with everything and a chance to fight back.
Battle brothers! I have been unable to play recently as I am switching computers. I'll be back when it's all put together.
Came back to my tent, found a dead guy inside of it with all my missing loot :v: Don't crawl into tents kids, they'll fuck your shit up.
[QUOTE=Fkpuz Version 1;37118394]My buddies and I have a strict scorched earth policy. We destroy all tents and vehicles, hide all bodies, etc. We tend to find a lot on our routes, we sort of have a rough idea of where people hide stuff usually (like where I found the choppers) so we manage to scorch a lot of earth. It has served us well since the first couple weeks of DayZ release, and even moreso now since tents and vehicles are a-okay.[/QUOTE] I prefer to leave tents intact since the contents respawns after every server restart. [editline]7th August 2012[/editline] I think James is bored.
I killed a guy in the Firestation who was shooting at some zombies, earlier. L86 with silenced ammo FTW. Thanks for the M14 AIM and Toolbox. The latter was exactly the item I was looking for.
[QUOTE=hayoye111;37118812]I killed a guy in the Firestation who was shooting at some zombies, earlier. L86 with silenced ammo FTW. Thanks for the M14 AIM and Toolbox. The latter was exactly the item I was looking for.[/QUOTE] Another asshole who kills in spite (not that I'm any different, trying to reconcile myself though). Jesus Christ this is like living on Omega, you don't have to look far for scumbags to shoot.
[QUOTE=BigBoom;37118869]Another asshole who kills in spite (not that I'm any different, trying to reconcile myself though). Jesus Christ this is like living on Omega, you don't have to look far for scumbags to shoot.[/QUOTE] In my defense, reading this thread has made me super paranoïd, I've only killed 2 people so far (they were far from unarmed, if maybe a bit sub-par equiment-wise), I don't bait or don't bullshit people about being friendly (heck, I just try to avoid giving away my position), and I have a really useful rifle I don't want to lose. Not to mention the NEAF is kind of a designated kill-zone.
[QUOTE=hayoye111;37118960]In my defense, reading this thread has made me super paranoïd, I've only killed 2 people so far (they were far from unarmed, if maybe a bit sub-par equiment-wise), I don't bait or don't bullshit people about being friendly (heck, I just try to avoid giving away my position), and I have a really useful rifle I don't want to lose. Not to mention the NEAF is kind of a designated kill-zone.[/QUOTE] I understand self defense but you didn't have to kill him. I mean I would understand if he jumped you or saw you at least, but if they're arrogant to you're existence then I usually just sit there and wait for them to piss off or scare them off :v:
[QUOTE=Fkpuz Version 1;37117386]The Great Helicopter Heist, FP Server [/QUOTE] ye are a cunt
Found a tubeframe pickup dangerously close to the coastline north of Berezino The instant I got in and drove off, sever admin says "shame on you" uhh [editline]7th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=BigBoom;37119044]I understand self defense but you didn't have to kill him. I mean I would understand if he jumped you or saw you at least, but if they're [b]arrogant[/b] to you're existence then I usually just sit there and wait for them to piss off or scare them off :v:[/QUOTE] that doesn't work at all
Going to port DayZ to another map, either Panthera, Ovaron or something else I dont know what yet.
[QUOTE=BigBoom;37119044]I understand self defense but you didn't have to kill him. I mean I would understand if he jumped you or saw you at least, but if they're arrogant to you're existence then I usually just sit there and wait for them to piss off or scare them off :v:[/QUOTE] You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
So I spent about three hours on a quiet DayZ server with some friends. It was 2am server time, so it was pitch black. I logged in first and stumbled across an old half-build concrete building with a perpetual trashcan-fire within its center; and surrounding every entrance, a previous player barricaded it. It was on the edge of a major town, surrounded by a tall fence. So after an hour of hanging out, waiting for my friends to home in on my location, using landmarks as map points, we finally did meet up. After which we surrounded the area and armed ourselves with the misc. crap spawns that the building provided. Some of us got lucky and received hatchets... while the others were on flare and flashlight duty. So, with the one guy with the pistol (THAT HE DARE NOT USE) taking point, two axmen backing him up with our flashlight dude at the back (and one guy that was lucky to find a map on his way to our base navigating from home over VOIP), we slowly made our way into town and gathered supplies. We found some pistols, revolvers, food, canteens, watches, plenty of bolts and a few crossbows. We dispatched a handful of zombies and retrieved two tents and some more hatches, plus a few boxes of matches. We carefully returned to base, spread our gear between the lot of us, and decided to find a place to set up camp. [img_thumb]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/939251351989736765/66059174A7A7D6A84712DC4135FACA703621757A/[/img_thumb] We decided atop a hill with lots of trees for firewood, and around a few towns and sites, with fresh water at the base of said hill for refilling. All-in-all, my first successful night of DayZ. (:
Just checked, when did they nerf the fucking bizon? it does 800 points, the same damage as a fucking makarov? what the fuck is that? I went to go shoot somebody and he turns around after taking 7 shots in the back and shoots me once.
[QUOTE=The very best;37119266]Just checked, when did they nerf the fucking bizon? it does 800 points, the same damage as a fucking makarov? what the fuck is that? I went to go shoot somebody and he turns around after taking 7 shots in the back and shoots me once.[/QUOTE] The Bizon shoots makarov ammo.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.